Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I was doing solo missions and crap on Motherfluxer and I had a level 56 chest piece just drop out of the blue off a scrub enemy in the Catwoman thing. :stare:

He suddenly has a better CR than my Ice tank that actually has several pieces of T1 gear. Crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

And the server died about an hour ago and still hasn't come back... does that happen often during the day?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Fuzz posted:

And the server died about an hour ago and still hasn't come back... does that happen often during the day?

Seems they are doing emergency maintenance.

Royal pain too, just picked this back up and was having a blast with it today.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Anyone have Circe as their mentor and can let me into the level 15 quest areas? I need that briefing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Lllllet me double-check if the villain alt I finally settled on was Circe or Lex. I always forget given that I play her once a month or so.

edit: wtf, Joker? That's new.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 3, 2013

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Lllllet me double-check if the villain alt I finally settled on was Circe or Lex. I always forget given that I play her once a month or so.

edit: wtf, Joker? That's new.

Heh, yeah, sadly I can't run my own characters through with my own Circe alts. Having fun with my Quantum guy, think I'm gonna stick with him as a "main" for the time being. Farming Collections is a pain in the rear end. :smith:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Goddamnit goddamnit GODDAMNIT.

Huge tip for people if you're like me and tend to use Challenges/Duos for a lot of your marks: stockpile when you're about to hit the next tier - the instant your CR moves over that line, it'll cut your rewards from all "weaker" content in half. I was assuming I could still keep doing the (highest-level I could do) T3 Challenges for 500 marks a week with an occasional raid or alert - nope, they're only worth 75 (x4) now. gently caress.

Their replacements (the Stryker's/Ace Chemicals dailies) pay out well, but for a fresh T4 I need backup on them or I loving die. Period. Ugh.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Don't think going up in CR effects rewards. T3 solo give 25 marks daily and a weekly bonus box that contains 50 marks. So that's 900 a week (if your mind can cope with doing them every day)

If anything it's the grind in getting to CR53 in order to get such easy access to marks that's the pain.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You guys still playing this? Been on the last few days and no one else is. :smith:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Fuzz posted:

You guys still playing this? Been on the last few days and no one else is. :smith:

Oh I see that's still going on. "Hey guys everyone join the league!"

(Cut to logging on and seeing zero people on every time for two weeks).

We need to schedule some loving events I guess.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I have been out of town for a while, have no comp that can play video games.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm the only drat hero player here, don't look at me. I chat with a few of y'all whenever I'm on but it's usually "How's tricks?" "Can't get a loving event together." "Oh. Well, sorry, my group's raiding, seeya"

Giedroyc posted:

Don't think going up in CR effects rewards. T3 solo give 25 marks daily and a weekly bonus box that contains 50 marks. So that's 900 a week (if your mind can cope with doing them every day)

If anything it's the grind in getting to CR53 in order to get such easy access to marks that's the pain.

I swear I did the math at one point and I was getting 50+75 from reward/boxes, I did the math and was getting 500 marks a week from doing those.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Oh I see that's still going on. "Hey guys everyone join the league!"

(Cut to logging on and seeing zero people on every time for two weeks).

We need to schedule some loving events I guess.

Well only like one goon is in a League that actually does poo poo, and he has come on mumble a whopping one time and has never actively offered to get any of us into his league other than a random post in here. So we did what we could and just stuck in Goonlimited. I know that Warlocke, Mastajake and I would all join up with some other league if it led to more reliable groups and stuff. We just want to do content.

EDIT: I mean villain league, to clarify.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It's hypocritical of me to bitch since I've logged on once in the last two weeks, but yeah. This goon league thing is currently not working out. Do people get on Mumble a lot?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

It's hypocritical of me to bitch since I've logged on once in the last two weeks, but yeah. This goon league thing is currently not working out. Do people get on Mumble a lot?

Just Mastajake and me, lately. Warlocke used to but I haven't seen him lately. There's a few others ingame that refuse to get on mumble for whatever reason, hell if I know. Maybe they're self conscious of their goony voices or whatever.

Point is, if someone knows of a decent villain league we can all join and that will take us without some hazing bullshit or "HURR PAY OUR LEADER XX Exobits TO JOIN!" nonsense, I'd be all for it. I don't even care how stupid their name is, I can't see it 95% of the time so who cares.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Fuzz posted:

Warlocke used to but I haven't seen him lately.

He actually lept to Champions Online, he subscribed and all. Caught him on Steam and was chatting with him about it the other night.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

He actually lept to Champions Online, he subscribed and all. Caught him on Steam and was chatting with him about it the other night.

Well drat.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah it's been pretty dead lately. Of course it could be people are playing but aren't on mumble/the goonsquad channel.

Pubbies are significantly less fun to play with. The few times we had enough to do raids were awesome.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well I've mentioned before I've never done a PUG that could do anything past Supergirl in FoS, so maybe an actual league of people who have the CR is the ticket.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Wait wtf. I just did a Duo with a pubbie and Mr Freeze dropped an awesome Controller trinket AND a Controller utility belt. I vote need on both, since I'm a Controller and the other guy was a tank. He leaves the group and bails after the completion, no item roll ever done. Did his bailing actually delete the loot? If so, holy poo poo what an rear end in a top hat.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You need to wait for the thing to time out. If he leaves and you've rolled on it, stick in the instance until it rolls automatically.

...although come to think of it I did an instance with a phantom item the other day. Maybe this is a recent bug.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Well, poo poo, I almost feel bad for not having been able to play much lately, since we were just getting started on 4 mans when my life got busy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

You need to wait for the thing to time out. If he leaves and you've rolled on it, stick in the instance until it rolls automatically.

...although come to think of it I did an instance with a phantom item the other day. Maybe this is a recent bug.

Dammit. He left and I waited a bit, then just left too. That sucks, the Trinket was really good and the belt had 4 slots. :smithicide:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Fuzz posted:

Well drat.

Yeah sorry. I just can't deal with the lovely people in DCUO. I try doing duos and alerts and everybody's all pissy and yelling and poo poo, gently caress that. :negative:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I almost wish there WAS a downside to playing in controller stance. Then I would have a reason to go dps instead of controller mode, other than having to deal with the idiots who see controllers as one-dimensional power batteries.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Why isn't there a Mumble link in the OP?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Thought there was. Either way, I've been in the channel all night and no one has been around.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah, I'm out of town for the weekend and won't be able to play until Sunday evening. Well I guess I could play on the laptop, but I forgot the 360 controller and really don't feel like using the laptop KB&M.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

It's at the top of the loving post! C'mon people.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

The 70CR Stryker's solo missions are a bit hard, but if you get a utility belt with at least sidekick level 2 (that hits the enemy and heals you) it's a lot easier. Sidekick being one of the things unlocked in your lair terminal.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You know, I've owned Home Turf since the drat thing came out and even though Stryker's/Ace were added at the same time as that drat expansion, I absolutely never thought of that. I'm an idiot and thank you because if that works I may just kiss you.

Well. After my loving hand heals, anyway. Right now I can't play because my mouse hand got mauled.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i try to run dailies or fiddle with alts

my villain league disbanded, so im single and ready to mingle ;)

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

If anyone is trying to get into T2/T3 raids the EU league Odyssey have done a series of 'nostalgia' multi-pov with commentary guides to the Batcave and FoS Raid series (in equivalent to level gear so not modded T5 etc)
http://www.youtube.com/user/OdysseyDCUO/videos

You can search within that for 'nostalgia'. If you're anxious about doing one for the first time because you don't know the general strats it might be worth a watch since it shows various parts from tank/dps/controller and healer POV.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Halloween Event is live (well it is on USPS3).

Completed the solo Ace Chemicals/Stryker's mission. Ace is a bit harder since the enemies try to swarm you a bit and never stop coming. You have to restart from the beginning if you die on Stryker's but it's fairly short. So I now have 2 pieces of CR 74 gear and a 125.9 dps weapon dropped too, which makes me CR 72 and all promethium boxes now have 125 marks in them. Which is nice.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

Halloween Event is live (well it is on USPS3).

Completed the solo Ace Chemicals/Stryker's mission. Ace is a bit harder since the enemies try to swarm you a bit and never stop coming. You have to restart from the beginning if you die on Stryker's but it's fairly short. So I now have 2 pieces of CR 74 gear and a 125.9 dps weapon dropped too, which makes me CR 72 and all promethium boxes now have 125 marks in them. Which is nice.

Are these missions new for the Halloween thing? I looked around for them and couldn't see anything, just the stupid Witchboy thing.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
No, he's talking about the T4 dailies. Halloween is still "save trick-or-treaters, queue for Klarion".

Also Giedroyc I've gotta thank you - the sidekick plan was just what I needed to go from "losing battle of attrition" to "actually killing the daily boss". Awesome tip, mate.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Is there any kind of sidekicking in this game? Or do you have to be approximately the same level?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is there any kind of sidekicking in this game? Or do you have to be approximately the same level?

You can get powered through quests by someone higher level, yeah. It's sorta redundant until level 30 since all the pre-30 content is easily solo-able. Thing is, a lot of the stuff at 30 gets locked by Combat Rating, so the lower geared person might not be able to access the better content. Still, a higher CR person can basically drag them through group content like crazy so they can quickly farm up the gear they need to team up.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Fuzz posted:

You can get powered through quests by someone higher level, yeah. It's sorta redundant until level 30 since all the pre-30 content is easily solo-able. Thing is, a lot of the stuff at 30 gets locked by Combat Rating, so the lower geared person might not be able to access the better content. Still, a higher CR person can basically drag them through group content like crazy so they can quickly farm up the gear they need to team up.

There's still a few ways you can get powered through once CR kicks in, a good deal of T2/T3 alert teleporters will let anyone in, CR be damned, so if you manually make a group that way you can carry someone and try to get them some bonuses in the drop lottery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I appreciate the responses but I was asking about a sidekick/mentor system where two people of different levels can benefit from running differing content by being either up leveled or deleveled appropriately. Being powered through content is boring for both parties in my opinion. It's a shame this game doesn't have that. i realize content is easily soloable but this is an MMO drat it!

• Locked thread