Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Ignimbrite posted:

Snow may be resistant to spread but ice isn't, keep your eye on that.

Uh oh. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Anyone been experiencing crashes upon exiting a world and loading another? I left my server to go and grab something from another world and had the game crash on me, making me lose all the inventory progress I'd gotten since downloading the update. My friend had the same thing happen to him as we played too.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Biome spread continues to not be as much of an issue as people in this thread would have you believe. The hallow getting near your house isn't the end of the world and in fact has absolutely no functional effect on anything, while the corruption getting near your house is easily fixed by making sure it's hallowed first.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Do the hallow/corruption streaks always spawn left to right respectively or is it random?

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Unless it's changed, it spawns in a V with the bottom wherever you murdered WoF.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Oh hey, new patch! :woop:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-2-0-3-changelog.111428/

SpeedRazor
Feb 5, 2005
Client updated just now. Until tshock updates and I can update my other servers, I've put up a fresh vanilla free for all bring your own crazy poo poo and violate the world server for the fun of it on terrariagoons.servegame.com port 7779, the usual password.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Some stuff a bit different than reported earlier:

quote:

Balance Changes:

The defense of Spectre Armor has been slightly lowered
The defense of Turtle Armor has been lowered
The attack speed, damage, knockback, and life return of Vampire Knives has been lowered slightly
Dungeon Spirit spawn chance has been lowered
Increased the reach of Wrenches and Wire Cutters
Hardmode Crimson, Corruption, and Hallow spread is now slowed after killing Plantera instead of any Mechanical Boss
Slightly increased the chance for an eclipse to happen, but they will now only happen after killing a Mechanical Boss
Hardmode Dungeon Monsters will now only spawn after Plantera has been defeated
Coins will now auto stack when close to eachother
Shadowbeam Staff does less damage each time it hits something
Spectre Armor does less healing each time the same projectile deals damage
Piranha gun now does slightly more damage
Pyramids are slightly more common

If I read that right you have to kill Plantera before you can even get specter armor now. Also no eclipses before you beat a boss so no more getting the reaper weapon early, I guess. I don't know if the fart in a jar makes up for all the other changes but it's probably pretty funny on a multiplayer server.

Edit: now that I think about it you can farm for dungeon keys and get the items stupidly early since you don't have to deal with hardmode dungeon mobs until you kill plantera. Now instead of rushing specter you can just grind for a crimson key and get (admittedly nerfed) vampire knives as soon as hardmode starts.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 10, 2013

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

quote:

Hardmode Crimson, Corruption, and Hallow spread is now slowed after killing Plantera instead of any Mechanical Boss
You know I thought things were spreading awfully slowly.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Renzuko posted:

Unless it's changed, it spawns in a V with the bottom wherever you murdered WoF.

Sure, but is hallow always the left side of the V and corruption the right?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No.

In my world my corruption is on the left while the hallow on the right.

Speaking of which, Hallowed Crimson. Had a crimson spot on my right and the hallowed stripe completely overwrote it.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Extractinator is the best.
It sure makes getting ores quicker (and the dino pet rules!)

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Bible Challenger posted:

Now I'm running out of room to expand ><

Just keep building. The entire surface, all castle :v:

quote:

• 87 new banners were added as drops from monsters
  • Glass Furniture- Now craftable with glass
  • Hive Furniture- Now craftable with crisp honey
  • Steampunk Furniture- Now craftable with cogs
  • Pirates will now randomly drop fancy gold furniture
  • You can now craft more furniture out of wood with a sawmill (barstools, banquet tables, etc..)
  • Lihzahrd Walls are now obtainable
  • You can now craft living wood walls

Fuuuuck, now I'm going to have to redecorate.

Oh yeah, and if my Pirate can live in a pirate ship, my Cyborg is going to live in its natural habitat:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

Just keep building. The entire surface, all castle :v:

Fuuuuck, now I'm going to have to redecorate.

Oh yeah, and if my Pirate can live in a pirate ship, my Cyborg is going to live in its natural habitat:

This has to be the coolest building I've seen yet. :allears:

Did the Honey Balloon get removed? Tried the wiki recipe for it and nothing, while the guide also has nothing for it from the Shiny Red balloon or the Honey Comb.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Joshlemagne posted:

Some stuff a bit different than reported earlier:
Seems only the superblatant facetank setups were actually nerfed. Spectre armor + Spectre staff is still absurd; I'm still able to easily kill Plantera and Twins without moving horizontally, setting up an arena, using (nonmana) potions, or aiming.

Also I was concerned that the heat gun would be useless now that it uses mana, but at least with spectre armor, mana regenerates faster than you can fire, so it's still a decent flashlight.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So is there an easy way to find Plantera? I just took out Destroyer on one of my worlds to slow the spread down before the patch, and my jungle is right next to Crimson... which appears to be getting assimilated and I need to slow this down.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

legoman727 posted:

So is there an easy way to find Plantera? I just took out Destroyer on one of my worlds to slow the spread down before the patch, and my jungle is right next to Crimson... which appears to be getting assimilated and I need to slow this down.

Uh, what? You're killing bosses to slow down the Crimson spread? Are you sure that's a thing? First I've heard of it.

But no, there's no easy way to find him or anything, you just gotta find the pod. It at least glows so it's not TOO hard to find.

If you want to be sure you don't lose the jungle to the Crimson, either dig a three-block-thick gap all the way down to separate them or grab the clentaminator and some blue solution and turn the edge of the Crimson into Hallow.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Bible Challenger posted:

Now I'm running out of room to expand ><
This is becoming nicely detailed, but you made it way too small.

Better to plan stupidly oversized rooms, go big or go home :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, hardmode enemies have stopped spawning in my world's dungeon. Is this a known bug or am I just that unlucky?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

trucutru posted:

So, hardmode enemies have stopped spawning in my world's dungeon. Is this a known bug or am I just that unlucky?

We should probably keep quoting this for like 5 or 6 pages.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
1.2.0.3 trip report: the Spectre Armor nerfs... change basically nothing, except you might now have to make a token effort to avoid damage against some bosses.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

You're probably right.

LAY-ZX posted:

Uh, what? You're killing bosses to slow down the Crimson spread? Are you sure that's a thing? First I've heard of it.

Joshlemagne posted:

quote:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Wow I completely missed that. :downs:

I like that the Spectre armor has diminishing returns for one spell hitting something multiple times. That's probably a better solution than just outright cutting its healing in half.

I'm also baffled that he buffed the piranha gun, because in my experience despite it being largely worthless against bosses it could clear a room of mooks pretty much instantly, which is something really nice for a ranged build since they have finite ammo at all times.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Having the Hardmode Dungeon enemies be locked behind Plantera is interesting. Definitely sets a new 'chain' of things to do.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Do the rapid bolts Magnet Sphere casts count as "projectiles" for the diminishing returns on the Spectre healing?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Oh, thanks, didn't notice that change. Well, I guess I have to find this plantera thing now.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Heavy neutrino posted:

1.2.0.3 trip report: the Spectre Armor nerfs... change basically nothing, except you might now have to make a token effort to avoid damage against some bosses.

Yeah, I just tested this myself so I could report in. I definitely feel squishier, but I was still able to facetank Plantera. Biggest difference was that in order to do so comfortably and stay topped off the entire time I had to use both magnet sphere and inferno fork. I can dig having the same results for a little more effort.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Welp! I killed the Wall by chucking a shitload of bees at it and laughing maniacally, broke some altars for ores, wandered into a Crimsony ice biome, killed two wolves , immediately got the Crimson Key, waltzed right into the dungeon and waltzed back out with the gloriously busted shitshow that is the Vampire Knives. Luck is on my side!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Why does nobody ever talk about Meteor Armor + Space Gun? Its such a good mid combo and pretty easy to get.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Because most of the people posting in this thread are well past the point where that armor is completely outclassed. That said the people who aren't DO talk about it.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

LAY-ZX posted:

Because most of the people posting in this thread are well past the point where that armor is completely outclassed. That said the people who aren't DO talk about it.

Yeah, just never saw anyone really mention it since 1.2 came out. Whats the next step after finishing jungle and dungeon? Digging down to hell to mine hellstone/obsidian?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Yep.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goodness posted:

Why does nobody ever talk about Meteor Armor + Space Gun? Its such a good mid combo and pretty easy to get.

It's alright, but even at the level when it's useful it's outclassed by Jester/Unholy arrows at mid-range. It was nice having something to use mana for, the early game is really bare for spells and poo poo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Space gun is also pretty badly outclassed by the diamond and ruby staves.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's alright, but even at the level when it's useful it's outclassed by Jester/Unholy arrows at mid-range. It was nice having something to use mana for, the early game is really bare for spells and poo poo.

How so? It does just as much damage, shoots faster, uses no mana and is more accurate since the shots travel really fast.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

Used to, now you can craft the staves, it gives you magic weapons early in the game.

And I'm the proud owner of a Rod of Discord.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Okay, whoever recommended diving down my hellevators with a spelunker potion active for hardmode ores, you are a genius. Just did that in my pre-1.2 world (Which involved two lethal, one abortive and one panicked sprint across the Corruption), and came out with enough mythril for two full sets of armor and 36 bars of adamantite.

I sort of hope I get adamantite in the world I'm actually setting up for hardmode, so the stuff I just collected isn't "wasted."

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Man, this patch is the best thing.

Redigit posted:

You can now tinker a whoopee cushion with a cloud in a bottle

:allears:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

goodness posted:

How so? It does just as much damage, shoots faster, uses no mana and is more accurate since the shots travel really fast.

Jester and Unholy arrows can hit multiple times with a single arrow, the gun can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RatHat posted:

Jester and Unholy arrows can hit multiple times with a single arrow, the gun can't.

Space gun hits 3 times, tied with unholy arrows. However its high projectile speed means it won't do that unless you're fighting eater or something similar.

The top staves hit 4 times, on top of having higher base damage to punch through defense and slower projectiles/more knockback to multihit individual enemies.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 10, 2013

• Locked thread