Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Emron posted:

Am I missing something on the assassination missions? I just did the second one, the multiple target mission. I invested heavy in Debutante cigarettes, and cashed out after a return of about 80%. I've fast-forwarded the game 2-3 days by sleeping, and Redwood hasn't gone up at all. It's still going down, in fact. Does it take a few more days before something good happens to Redwood?

Do something else for a short while. For some reason the game doesnt register the bump if all you do is sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

ElwoodCuse posted:

Haha all of BAWSAQ is in a nosedive except Hawk and Little which has gone from 13 to 25 and Pisswasser which went from 2 to 50 :stare:

I'm at a 13 mil profit per character on pisswasser right now but I need 110 mil profit to get that country club :negative:
I wish I had bought it when it was 2 :negative:

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
So I was doing the last Epsilon mission and I see a blue dot. Oh I can help someone out! Walk past an abandoned van and suddenly there's a red dot behind me. As soon as I turn around I get shot with a taser gun by some hick. I go unconscious and wake up in the middle of some train tracks with a train hurdling at me. Dodge it and call a cab and fail the mission. This game is crazy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Do something else for a short while. For some reason the game doesnt register the bump if all you do is sleep.

Yes it does. Check the week day. If it's the weekend, the markets don't update until Monday.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Yes it does. Check the week day. If it's the weekend, the markets don't update until Monday.

Finished the mission on a Monday, cashed in late Monday night, turned my system off in confused disgust mid-Thursday. The stock trend was nothing but negative in the intervening period :smith:

Robocop Horney
Feb 15, 2009

by T. Finninho

Emron posted:

Am I missing something on the assassination missions? I just did the second one, the multiple target mission. I invested heavy in Debutante cigarettes, and cashed out after a return of about 80%. I've fast-forwarded the game 2-3 days by sleeping, and Redwood hasn't gone up at all. It's still going down, in fact. Does it take a few more days before something good happens to Redwood?

I don't think anyone has figured out what was changed, but something about the Redwood stock explosion was changed in the patch that introduced GTAO. Just give up and move on, you make enough money to buy everything even without it. I spent so long trying to get that stock jump to work that I burned out on the game and haven't gone back since.

I did the mission on a Monday night and I have a save on Wednesday Morning at 7:50AM, right before the markets open. Nothing I've tried or done has caused Redwood stock to go up by more than 0.14%. I even waited through the entire week in real-time, checking the markets roughly every 5 minutes.

Robocop Horney fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 10, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Photosynaesthesias posted:

I don't think anyone has figured out what was changed, but something about the Redwood stock explosion was changed in the patch that introduced GTAO. Just give up and move on, you make enough money to buy everything even without it. I spent so long trying to get that stock jump to work that I burned out on the game and haven't gone back since.

I did the mission on a Monday night and I have a save on Wednesday Morning at 7:50AM, right before the markets open. Nothing I've tried or done has caused Redwood stock to go up by more than 0.14%. I even waited through the entire week in real-time, checking the markets roughly every 5 minutes.

Thank god I have a save before that, then, otherwise I'd lose like 10mil on the investment, it's plummeted so far. I'll just go ahead and revert to the earlier one and move on. Thanks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Holy shot after 2 days of not being able to play and messing with installs and saves it turns out it was the last xbox patch for the game that was breaking it. Deleted the title update and boom game loads.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Does anyone happen to have a high-res version of the map, sans icons?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
There's a link to it in the OP at the bottom of the inline map:

http://www.igta5.com/images/gta-v-map-satellite-huge-by-stabyourself.jpg

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I made a post about Redwood a few days ago. Yes, do something other than sleep and it will eventually go up, just keep checking. I did it over the last weekend, after the patches. There's another assassination stock a few missions past that where you'll do the same thing, sleeping won't help.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Wow, they really removed the Redwood rebound? What a bummer, I managed to take advantage of it this time, but I doubt I'll do a 100% this time and it'd be a really handy thing to have for my next play through.

Robocop Horney
Feb 15, 2009

by T. Finninho

KDdidit posted:

I made a post about Redwood a few days ago. Yes, do something other than sleep and it will eventually go up, just keep checking. I did it over the last weekend, after the patches. There's another assassination stock a few missions past that where you'll do the same thing, sleeping won't help.

Thanks, I don't believe it worked that way prior to the patch I was talking about so maybe that's what was changed. I'll go load up my save from when it should explode and watch it, do you know if "doing something else" includes just driving around or will I need to be doing missions/activities? Just standing in one spot while time passed in my apartment did not work.

I'm also really bummed that the emergency-vehicle missions seem to be gone, did that happen in 4 or 5? I miss being able to play vigilante or ambulance driver :(

e: I know it's not completely removed because it still works for several people, so I'm hoping this is it :toot:

Robocop Horney fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Oct 10, 2013

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I did no missions at all. Changed characters and just drove around up north trying to reveal map spots I hadn't yet, checking the stock every once in a while.

Robocop Horney
Feb 15, 2009

by T. Finninho
I did a property mission and a random robbery event, then drove around the Kortz Center looking for an electric car to steal (no luck :smith: ), switched to Trevor and fell down a mountain in a dress. It seems to be experiencing volatile price changes, but only within the realm of a ~0.2% profit to a ~0.4% profit. That's still higher than I've seen it before so I'll keep watching.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Ok, I'm on my second play through and just got to returning Patricia to Martin. Do they ever explain his missing ear? I find it difficult to believe I've missed it twice.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

Ok, I'm on my second play through and just got to returning Patricia to Martin. Do they ever explain his missing ear? I find it difficult to believe I've missed it twice.

I took it, along with how scared he is of Trevor, to mean that Trevor had done it to him, probably when he stole Patricia in the first place.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Trevor cut it off. He pretty much says so in the cutscene.

e: Dammit.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Scorched Spitz posted:

Trevor cut it off. He pretty much says so in the cutscene.

Yeah, he literally flat out says "If you mistreat her, I'll be back for the other ear"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I assumed, being Trevor, that he hosed him in the ear, since he has an affinity for sticking his penis in less mainstream orifices.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
That's what I assumed, but I guess the wording wasn't obvious enough for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Emron posted:

Finished the mission on a Monday, cashed in late Monday night, turned my system off in confused disgust mid-Thursday. The stock trend was nothing but negative in the intervening period :smith:

Maybe they patched it. I did it maybe a week ago and cheesed myself 6 billion dollars.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Haha all of BAWSAQ is in a nosedive except Hawk and Little which has gone from 13 to 25 and Pisswasser which went from 2 to 50 :stare:

I'm guessing that one day Pisswasser will stop being sold at stores, and something else will be for sale instead, causing a slow shift in share prices.

Otherwise it would mean Pisswasser would increase forever.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

smallmouth posted:

Some of the vehicle inspirations on igta5.com seem off. For instance the Carbonizzare makes me think of the Ferrari 599 more than a Nissan GT-R. Not the fastest ride, but one of my favorites.

I was kind of bummed to find after buying the customs shop you don't free upgrades from all the locations.

A bit late on this, but as far as I know, the GT-R analogue is the RH8, which you get for free in your garages after linking your account to the social club. The Carbonizzare is definitely supposed to be a Ferrari analogue, as evidenced by its name.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 10, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The GT-R clone is an Elegy RH8. The Carbonizzare is seemingly a mishmash of the Ferrari 458 and 599.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

I find that making booty calls while waiting for stocks to go back up helps pass the time quickly if you're not interested in sleep-saving over and over, or have been unable to see a difference in stock prices after. That and doing any side activities you put off.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is it normal that Fort Zancudo stays in the fog forever? I stole the jet there with Franklin, flow around a bit and I swear I could see every detail of the army base on my map. Ofcourse I didn't save.
Next time, I steal the jet with Trevor, fly around some more, but now the fog remains on my map. :confused: Is there a certain altitude you have to reach before the fog clears? Just fly low? Or super high so you see lots of it at the same time?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fort Zancudo is never more than a featureless area on the world map, even if you explore it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
So I'm at 95.30% completion and I'm not sure what is necessary (or easiest) to finish up. Social club says I have 38/42 Hobbies and Pastimes and 13/16 Miscellaneous.

Things I haven't done in those respective categories:
-Street Race Vespucci Canals (I assume I need this. I'm waiting for the text from Hao.)
-Get par or under in 9 holes of Golf.
-Triathlons 2 and 3 (Please tell me I don't need to do the latter? I've heard such bad things.)
-Hunting (I got up to silver in hunting yesterday, but died midway. Does that mean I have to do it again? Can you only do it in the one area?)

-Collect 30 submarine parts.
-Collect 30 nuclear waste.
-Watch TV. (I did this in Michael's house, but it didn't count for some reason, I guess?)
-Hold up a store. (I went in and pointed a gun at the employee and shot the till and collected money, but that didn't count either?)
-8 Knife Flights.
-25 stunt jumps.

Thanks in advance for any advice, good goons.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

VagueRant posted:

So I'm at 95.30% completion and I'm not sure what is necessary (or easiest) to finish up. Social club says I have 38/42 Hobbies and Pastimes and 13/16 Miscellaneous.

-Street Race Vespucci Canals (I assume I need this. I'm waiting for the text from Hao.)
-Triathlons 2 and 3 (Please tell me I don't need to do the latter? I've heard such bad things.)
-Hunting (I got up to silver in hunting yesterday, but died midway. Does that mean I have to do it again? Can you only do it in the one area?)

-Watch TV. (I did this in Michael's house, but it didn't count for some reason, I guess?)
-Hold up a store. (I went in and pointed a gun at the employee and shot the till and collected money, but that didn't count either?)
-8 Knife Flights.
-25 stunt jumps.

Have you looked at the Rockstar social club to figure out what you need to do to 100% the game? There's a coloured indicator on the achievement blocks that mean you need to finish them to count towards 100%.

I've highlighted in red an example:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

VagueRant posted:

-8 Knife Flights.
-25 stunt jumps.

You're right about the race and the golf I think, neither of which should be too difficult (I think the Vespucci race is a bike one though, just to keep that in mind). I'm also fairly certain that all three triathlons are required, but the last one isn't really that bad. It's long, so if you get worn out take a quick break, and bear in mind that there are times where your competitors will simply overtake you (I think they can generally bike up hills faster than you can), but you'll just as easily make it back if you just keep it up. I don't think hunting is required for 100%.

A couple of people here have talked about the watching TV bit not clearing on the Social Club, but it's not required for 100% anyway, as are neither the submarine parts or the nuclear waste. Maybe try again holding up a store as that does count. I went in, hold the gun to the cashier and after a few seconds shot one of the bottles behind him to make him speed up, then he gave me the cash and I left with a nice 2-star wanted level. I think you need to do all 15 knife flights (will confirm this if not; EDIT: you're right, you only need 8), but yes, only 25 stunt jumps. I say only 25, they're all I have left to do and some of them are awful.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 10, 2013

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Beeez posted:

Wow, they really removed the Redwood rebound? What a bummer, I managed to take advantage of it this time, but I doubt I'll do a 100% this time and it'd be a really handy thing to have for my next play through.

I just did the Redwood mission, and I was able to get the 300% ROI. Like many others I did nothing but save for a week and the stock wouldn't budge. Once I switched characters it updated and I cashed out :iiam:

Purple Prophecy
Mar 7, 2013
During a chase in the side missions Vinewood Souvenirs the guy we're chasing makes a sudden turn. (Bit of dialogue spoilered because I thought it was very funny and maybe someone wants to find out for themselves)

Nigel: 'He's going into the car park!'

Trevor: 'The cah pahk! No worries, mate!

Somehow, of all things, this is what got me. And since none of my friends play this game, I couldn't even begin to explain why I couldn't stop laughing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The objective best line of that mission is You're finally on the right side of the road!

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Purple Prophecy posted:

During a chase in the side missions Vinewood Souvenirs the guy we're chasing makes a sudden turn. (Bit of dialogue spoilered because I thought it was very funny and maybe someone wants to find out for themselves)

Nigel: 'He's going into the car park!'

Trevor: 'The cah pahk! No worries, mate!

Somehow, of all things, this is what got me. And since none of my friends play this game, I couldn't even begin to explain why I couldn't stop laughing.

"Watch out for the lorry!"

"What the gently caress's a lorry?"

I also love how Trevor's so bewildered he finally met someone who's crazier than him during these missions, it's amazing.

Masochism
Aug 28, 2004

Stoned, Ripped, Twisted...Good People.
This rear end in a top hat wasn't a fan of my choice in vehicles!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Handlebar Trevor is the best Trevor.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I know it's been discussed to death, but I fuckin love the music in this game so much. I've got over 50 hours between solo and online and I still occasionally hear songs I haven't heard before. Radio Gaga came on last night for the first time and I just stopped what I was doing and rocked out for a bit.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

ANGRYGREEK posted:

So uh...I had a couple of stocks across all three characters, M and T in AMU on Bawsaq (which I gleefully watched going up the last few days through Social Club), and F on BET and WIZ (don't ask). I just started the game and only Michael has the AMU stocks. Trevor has none, Franklin only the WIZ one.
There's no real rhyme to it, too - I bought the AMU stocks with Michael first, Trevor second. Franklin bought BET soon after the first assassination mission, missing the time to sell em when they're high, so I kept them on him. The WIZ came way later.

My characters don't have too much money, and it would have helped to sell em right now, so I'm kinda stumped here. Am I missing something? The XBL connection got cut during the Rockstar intro of the game, and came back on while loading single player, maybe this has something to do with it?

gently caress the :cloud:, seriously.

I still have this issue, even after reloading the game without saving beforehand. Really no one else experiencing it? Funny thing is, everything looks right on my Social Club the stocks look like they should. I'm getting pissed off, cause I'm losing on good money especially for Trevor, who invested his future kids college money.

I've already sold my dropping WIZ stocks and Michaels widely successful AMU stocks - the stocks in the picture below are not shown ingame, although it correctly updated the AMU and WIZ stuff mentioned.

e: Sorry the screenshot is in german, but I'm sure you'll all be able to decipher it.

ANGRYGREEK fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm late getting the game and have been avoiding this thread for fear of spoilers. The latest update hardlocks my PS3. I agree to the update and it just hangs at a black screen. I assume the update was a patch for all the online problems. I can just ignore the patch and play offline, but I'm really interested in the online aspect of the game. Is it a known issue or am I just doomed to only play the single player game?

• Locked thread