Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

That is the most passive-aggressive censorship ever and I love it. :allears:

My own "copy" of the second picture is titled CoolHitlerInShades.jpg

A look on the wiki told me that the change was apparently because Japan has rules about depicting real people, as well as potential issues with the game being released overseas.
His name in the remake is Fuhrer. Totally incognito guys :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Forgall posted:

Ok, this one is great.

I kind of wish she was a hammerhead shark.

This actually creeped me out a little.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I could go on a long and boring explanation about the invoker thing but I'll just leave it at 'it makes sense in the context it's presented', 'cause I'm sure if you cared enough you'd have played the games yourself by now.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mintergalactic posted:

I could go on a long and boring explanation about the invoker thing but I'll just leave it at 'it makes sense in the context it's presented', 'cause I'm sure if you cared enough you'd have played the games yourself by now.

No, the context is "we want this to be a gun so it looks cool and edgy, thus we're going to put it in the game".

Scaly Haylie has a new favorite as of 22:57 on Oct 9, 2013

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

No, the context is "we want this to be a gun so it looks cool and edgy, thus we're going to put it in the game".

Sometimes a gun is just a gun.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Those Disney things might be avatar-level material right there. The shark Ariel is fantastic.

Content:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Thanks for the input, ElPee Forum Personified.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Sounds like it's time to post some weird LP/LPer fanart! Who's got some?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

flatluigi posted:

Deviant art does. But its mostly Pewdiepie. I found these things though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've found myself in the "Sonic Fan Video" part of YouTube, and I've stumbled across this masterpiece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0thBcAB5E

This kid has a staggering collection of Sonic action figures, and he DOES NOT let it go to waste.

As a bonus, here's Sonic the Hedgehog vs Road Runner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMyiidOv_VM
I'm still waiting on that sequel hook!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Well, if you're asking...

Alouicious posted:

Thanks for the input, ElPee Forum Personified.

I'm flattered, but seriously it's stupid. The in-game explanation for the Evoker being a gun is that it's supposed to induce fear so that the user can be under enough stress to easily summon a persona. That's fine and all, but it falls apart once you get to the dog who wears an Evoker collar and a loving robot with one built into its system.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The gun and shooting yourself is part of the magnificently hamfisted overarching themes of nihilism and suicide. The final boss is THE DESIRE OF MANKIND FOR SELF-DESTRUCTION which you hit with a sword until it falls down.

Content!

That one is Link, but this one is a mystery. See if you can figure out who it is:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

flatluigi posted:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

quote:

The ultimate crack pairing...not Sasuke x Naruto, not Sakura x Sakura, not Aelita x Bush, not even Katy x Lammy...

...It's Captain Beefheart x Lammy and they're here to profess their love.

It's just an idea I made when I was writing the rough draft for my newest fanfiction in a ridiculously long amount of time: The Long One. Rather than being on FF.net (where all my other stories are), I'm going to put it here for test audiences. I would like to see comments going to the wazoo.

In this story, Lammy, your typical rock n' roll lamb, has a crush on none other than the Good Captain himself. She dreams about dating with him (during his most influential period, 1969-1970) and won't fall in love with nobody else. However, she doesn't notice that he's married.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

What a loving hypocrite, mocking the anime fans in the Dangan Ronpa thread. He is an anime and intriguingly moe at that!

ThatPazuzu has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Oct 10, 2013

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

crowfeathers posted:

That one is Link, but this one is a mystery. See if you can figure out who it is:

Okay, I'm gonna go with either dude from FarCry or Drake from Drake's Fortune.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

What a loving hypocrite, saying the anime fans in the Dangan Ronpa thread. He is an anime and intriguingly moe at that!

Slowbeef so kawaii.

I'm guessing that wolf is supposed to be Lara Croft from the new Tom Raider. The knives and bandages were a tipoff and there's the TR at the bottom.

Deaf Mute
Sep 6, 2010

Haymaker_Betty posted:

Okay, I'm gonna go with either dude from FarCry or Drake from Drake's Fortune.

After a second glance I'm amazed at myself for not noticing The new Tomb Raider Logo in the bottom right, it's meant to be Lara Croft from the reboot game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It is indeed Lara Croft. As a fun exercise, try to imagine how a dog could put on the belt that she's wearing.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

crowfeathers posted:

It is indeed Lara Croft. As a fun exercise, try to imagine how a dog could put on the belt that she's wearing.

:aaaaa: how did I not get that immediately!?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This will never not be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Can anyone repost that Retsupurae/Homestuck thing?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

crowfeathers posted:

Belt nothing, how did that dog put on a wrist-watch?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

BKPR posted:

Can anyone repost that Retsupurae/Homestuck thing?

Tumblrs/Tumblr people do this weird thing where they cut up an image that could be one big picture into a hundred pieces so don't quote this it'll break.

Putty has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Oct 10, 2013

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm flattered, but seriously it's stupid. The in-game explanation for the Evoker being a gun is that it's supposed to induce fear so that the user can be under enough stress to easily summon a persona. That's fine and all, but it falls apart once you get to the dog who wears an Evoker collar and a loving robot with one built into its system.

HNG THE gently caress IS SUBTEXT I DON'T KNOW I CAN ONLY CONSUME GAMES WHEN I'M TAKING SCREENSHOTS OF THEM SO THE INTERNET WILL LIKE ME

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think the Persona series is dumb and bad.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

"Avatar, the last Pokemon fan"

Meowth is loving the poo poo out of Tingles crotch.

Ugh...Theirs something about this that I find extra terrible.

Goku doesn't snort cocaine you guys! Your ruining everything! <:mad:>

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Isn't that covered by out of character?

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Well, you could technically roleplay Son Goku snorting cocaine in character. :v:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Comrade Question posted:

Well, you could technically roleplay Son Goku snorting cocaine in character. :v:

Took me a second.

Now I'm deeply interested in finding out what those katakana (whichever) say, if it's not just the names of states the author knew offhand.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Really3D is back with more eye-blazing graphics videos.

How I Met You Mother intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpdtgU28QiQ

GTA V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRifO_BLy5U

Breaking Bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93nO3ZHRgrY

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Triskelli posted:

Took me a second.

Now I'm deeply interested in finding out what those katakana (whichever) say, if it's not just the names of states the author knew offhand.

I thought it was just kana for the states, but New Mexico is "new something" and Arkansas is "arkan beeeeh" which is the sound of a raspberry sooooo. You'll have to find someone that can translate the kanji for some of them, but some are transliteration and some are weird poo poo like that.

Tidy Flea
May 2, 2013

Triskelli posted:

Took me a second.

Pennsylvania is Castlevania, South Dakota is Southtown, North Dakota is "North dakara", Utah is Judas...lots of cringe-worthy puns. Kansas is "Where Dorothy's house is", and Georgia is "Coffee-ish name", which I can't explain. Minnesota is Kusomiso, which is a famous gay manga, apparently, but is also an idiom for a mess. I guess the person who made this doesn't care for Minnesota.

Content (nsfw):
http://i.imgur.com/26YoHwy.jpg

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

krissycokl posted:

Georgia is "Coffee-ish name", which I can't explain

This should answer all questions.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Alouicious posted:

HNG THE gently caress IS SUBTEXT I DON'T KNOW I CAN ONLY CONSUME GAMES WHEN I'M TAKING SCREENSHOTS OF THEM SO THE INTERNET WILL LIKE ME

I'm aware that it's meant to tie into some of the themes of the game's plot, but I just think they did a lovely job of explaining or justifying it as a plot element. Don't see what my participation in the LP subforum has to do with that.

Scaly Haylie has a new favorite as of 16:17 on Oct 10, 2013

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

I never thought a perfect scarecam video was possible. The videos are hyper-realistic after all.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Putty posted:

Tumblrs/Tumblr people do this weird thing where they cut up an image that could be one big picture into a hundred pieces so don't quote this it'll break.

Not gonna lie, I laughed at the air-grenades.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Also I just realized the notification Slowbeef is getting at the end is a message from BillyMc, the second greatest LPer in the world.

The dude really put some effort into this Homestuck thing, just to what end? I can't dig deep enough to find out Slowbeef's reaction to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Does someone making a prop count as fanart? Because this guy made an Akumetsu mask.

It's a pretty decent rendition of it, but while I do find Akumetsu's mask cool, it's also pretty weird.

• Locked thread