Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

King Vidiot posted:

Eh, well in the amount of time I could stand to spend with it (10 minutes), I can say that the game has problems but they've nothing to do with the graphics or animation. There was obviously care and attention put into making it look good, but the commands are really slow (it takes forever to jump and use your "shield"), combat is pretty boring (but again, nicely animated) and enemies don't really do anything interesting, they just kind of stand around and wait for you to start attacking them.

Also, quitting the game locked my task bar to the resolution of the game and I had to log-out and back in to reset it.

Okay, I played through a little bit too. I am actually very surprised at the quality of the animation, however yes, the huge issue here is that his animations are painfully awkwardly slow. the whole game feels like molasses, especially since I am playing Metal Gear Rising right now. Since your attacks also interrupt enemies, they basically stand there as you wail on them. The voice acting is also funny in the way that only some teenagers saying made up words and trying to sound intimidating can be. The entire thing is also just The Lord of the Rings, (Some scenes in the opening movie are directly scenes from the LotR movies) and the creator does not know what a scythe is. If they sped it up and made the enemies aware of your character before you start stabbing them in the eyes, this could be an okay game. Not something I would pay for or even be inclined to download, but still this is by far the most competent thing I have seen here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
No Lowtax you're making me actually miss messing around in RPG Maker.

Neruz posted:

Because as we all know cooked turkeys are the final authority on favorite numbers.
But don't you see, that's the trick! He's secretly no authority on numbers at all! What a silver-tongued swindler.

AE-35 Unit posted:

Crazy Comets for Furnituretopia, Blue Max for the King's castle, Monty on the Run for the battle music, and Robin of the Wood intro when you get to the new castle to name a few. It was fun trying to remember them all!
To add to this, the jail had the beginning loop of a song in Dynamite Headdy, a Sega Genesis game. There was one or two sound effects that also pulled from that game. What else have we got?

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Haha, Robin of the Wood was instantly recognizable because it's seared into my memory. The in-game music is so repetitive that it's one of the few games I've ever had to mute in order to finish playing it. It gets really tiring really quickly.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Ramengank posted:

What else have we got?

I just noticed that when the evil cooked chicken turkey lays his trap the intro music to Hunchback for the C64 plays, so that's another!

Cannonballoon fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 10, 2013

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Figures he'd quit right at the part I was stuck on. I hope we get to see more RPG Maker LPs in the future. That and bad flash and unity games from Kongregate's Under Judgement section.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lowtax posted:

No, the king mentions the cooked turkey is an evil trickster. His trick is to ask you what your favorite number is, and always claim that's wrong.

He sounds more like a cock than a turkey.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Lowtax posted:

Herein I walkthrough "The King Warrior's Magic Revenge":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ron0QqpJ0

This was absolutely hilarious, and I hope you continue adding more to it. I hope to see more parodies of VGAs snuck into the regularly-scheduled videos in the future.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Oct 10, 2013

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lowtax posted:

Herein I walkthrough "The King Warrior's Magic Revenge":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ron0QqpJ0
Is there still a download link for this somewhere? I remember playing it some time ago...

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

The Kins posted:

Is there still a download link for this somewhere? I remember playing it some time ago...

The Flash version remake is way better imo.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Thank you for doing two in-depth walkthroughs, Lowtax. Now I can finally double 100% this masterpiece.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Man, YouTube!'s new gooey is somehow even worse than it used to be, and it took two days to stream this video of a still image. I know you've been keeping YouTube! on as a personal favour to their beleaguered CEO, but I think you should really consider dropping them as a video host.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This song already taught me not to go into basements but thanks for the refresher course.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Oh, I put the Pewdiepie Endurance Challenge back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX-hu5_HMQc

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Oh, I put the Pewdiepie Endurance Challenge back up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX-hu5_HMQc

Why do you hate us?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Pewdiepie, destroyer of worlds."

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Five seconds!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Friends Are Evil posted:

We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Pewdiepie, destroyer of worlds."
It's the sound everyone will hear when the pit of hell opens and the masses start pouring in.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Do you happen to have a time frame on when you'll conquer Alex in High School - Freshmen Year? I'm bad at platformers so I'm anxious to see how the story progresses.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Jubs posted:

Do you happen to have a time frame on when you'll conquer Alex in High School - Freshmen Year? I'm bad at platformers so I'm anxious to see how the story progresses.

What about platfromers?

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Beware! The legend of the area is after you! Destroy Jason if you can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxBsHEvAyGY

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Only slightly worse than the actual Friday the 13th videogame for the NES.

At least this one is reasonably winnable.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.
Must've been an off day for Jason. I mean it: The 13th in September of 1982 was a Monday.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Rydash posted:

Must've been an off day for Jason. I mean it: The 13th in September of 1982 was a Monday.
Garfield and Jason hate Mondays.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
The Endurance Challenge was the first time I ever actually watched that guy's facecam, and I gotta say, Lowtax legitimately seemed more frightened during any of the videos with the scarecam than Pewdiepie does while doing anything. I can't imagine why anyone would believe he wasn't utterly faking it for that sweet sweet Youtube money. He has the dead, passionless face of a man who is completely aware that he has sold his soul for profit and has come to the mind-shattering revelation that his foreseeable future consists of him screaming at video games for the pleasure of idiot children and idiot man-children. Forever.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
That dead face is actually because PewDiePie is not in fact a human being but is the latest in a line of Chinese meme based weaponry.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

All you need to know about Pewdiepie can be found in that Adults React video. The Endurance Challenge was a blessing compared to actually hearing the garbage coming out of his mouth. Of course he's the most watched person on YouTube. Rape jokes, stupid voices, and wiggling the mouse around wildly in :airquote:terror:airquote: makes for an Internet sensation fit for his target demographic of middle-schoolers and manchildren.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The double-time enduro is even better. If you aren't paying attention, it's just white noise. And all that screeching nonsense kinda blends well, since all his little cams (except for the stray "sassy" motion) just look like you decided to make a Brady Bunch opening with stray members of '90's boy bands.

Seriously, what's he doing making lps when he could be moonlighting as a boyband impersonation station?

Also the worst bit about the enduro bits is the annoying frequency of his shrieks. An actual video is worse, because you're stuck wondering why certain words pop up so frequently; doubly so when they're innocuous things like "barrel." I don't have any idea if that's still a thing of his — or for that matter, why it ever was — but goddamn, that's a dumb catchphrase.

Come to think of it, my '90's boybands interpretation kinda fits in with Neruz' take. They aren't exactly distinct, are they?

Also oh god I typed more words about some blonde guy in a tiny window over popular games than would ever be worth it.

The internet makes you stupid. Also prolix.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Yeah, I think the mishmash of audio actually makes it a lot more tolerable because you can't understand anything that he's saying. It's just a continuous, meaningless noise.

A single video of Pewdiepie is a lot harder to listen to for any amount of time.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Arctic Survivor II - I know you played the original one, so it would be awesome if you could do a true LP of the sequel. Rumor has it that Shmorky is an Eagle Scout. With that kind of knowledge at your side, I don't see how anything could go wrong.

Divine Bryan

Zombie Killer Old Skool

Mush Wars

Barrenjoey: Science Comp From Hell

Fasfa Game

Tuck Everlasting for school

PREPared for Survival

Black and White

the revence of the pinos

Shop til you drop 2

Nintendo Nightmare

And last but not least:

Billy the Bully

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

AE-35 Unit posted:

All you need to know about Pewdiepie can be found in that Adults React video. The Endurance Challenge was a blessing compared to actually hearing the garbage coming out of his mouth. Of course he's the most watched person on YouTube. Rape jokes, stupid voices, and wiggling the mouse around wildly in :airquote:terror:airquote: makes for an Internet sensation fit for his target demographic of middle-schoolers and manchildren.

I don't know, I watched one of his 'funny compilations' once and there was a part I liked where he was so 'scared' he huddled in a corner and just started sobbing to himself in a muffled tone.

Maybe he realized what he had become.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jubs posted:

And last but not least:

Billy the Bully

Billy the Bully, you're a super saiyan. Aren't there better things to do with your time?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCK3O_q0TvE

Ah memories. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNY2vFiCXI

Watch your step, lest you trip over a new video!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Hahahahaha, check out this PRIME PLACEMENT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Polaris/about

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
So when's the inevitable PewDiePie collab?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Red Metal posted:

You mean the corporate buyout that turns SA into the PewDiePie bro-army central communication station?

Also the LP video with Khad, so i think that's technically a step up?

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 11, 2013

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I can't believe you didn't point out "THE is something wrong with Susan" even once.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Red Metal posted:

Right after my next boxing match with Uwe Boll, which I'm doing after I finish Cry of Fear.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Being on a network with PewDiePie is pretty ironic... But at least it's not DarkSydePhil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Kikka posted:

I can't believe you didn't point out "THE is something wrong with Susan" even once.

Well, you know how sensitive Susan can get about her THE. Best not to mention it.

• Locked thread