Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Welp. I just found out how copyright law pertains to wedding photography. gently caress this rent-seeking culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Initio
Oct 29, 2007
!
Is it any different than regular for-hire photography?

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
Find a different photographer. Mine gave us the originals RAW files and told us to print whatever we wanted.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Our photographer includes the copyrights to all the pictures in her package price. After the wedding she mails a flash drive (or multiple flash drives to multiple people at my request) with all the files from the event on it. This is something you either should have asked before signing the contract or the photog should have spelled it out while going over the contract with you. It should never be a surprise after the fact.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Our photographer includes the copyrights to all the pictures in her package price. After the wedding she mails a flash drive (or multiple flash drives to multiple people at my request) with all the files from the event on it. This is something you either should have asked before signing the contract or the photog should have spelled it out while going over the contract with you. It should never be a surprise after the fact.

This is typical, but the files on the flash drive are typically high quality JPEGs, not the original ultra-high quality pictures, and photo editing is prohibited because you don't have full rights, just printing rights.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I wouldn't do my own editing anyway so I don't really need the RAW files. I've looked through the photographer's portfolio and I don't have any issues with her processing of the pictures. Other photographers, on the other hand, had godawful post-processing techniques (black and white with one color pulled out, anyone?) so if I'd hired one of them maybe I'd ask for the RAW files.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Quick questions:

1. Proposing in a photobooth? Cute or not?

2. Proposing on her birthday? Terrible or great?

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Quick questions:

Well, if planned right, any proposal could be cute. The photobooth proposal has the potential to have an awesome photostrip picture. Regarding the birthday, it all depends on the girl. When I proposed, I proposed the Monday of her 30th birthday week. It allowed me to plan, and made it seem like I was just planning her birthday. I invited our closest friends and family to a "Birthday Dinner" and proposed. But I also let her have her own special day just to celebrate her birthday that Saturday.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Quick questions:

My fiance proposed to me on my birthday. He didn't intend for it to work out that way, it was supposed to be the first night in our first place together. But when trying to move in, our first night kept getting pushed back due to various reasons and eventually ended up being the same day as my birthday. I don't see anything wrong with it, I just told everyone I got a fiance for my birthday. Of course, we had also gone to see the Wizard of Oz stage musical earlier in the week as my gift (and I got to hold a Toto afterwards!) so I wasn't expecting anything other than a nice dinner which he insisted on cooking for me.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Here's a tip from a photographer: Get a picture of your ring, or you wearing your rings. They're super handy to have around and a close up shot is wonderful for insurance purposes.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My girlfriend said she doesn't really want an incredibly public proposal but I don't want to just show up at home with a ring and be like "hey I got you this thing catch."

I figure the photobooth proposal is the best option for proposals for me. A) You get a hilarious/adorable photostrip to remember forever B) Its simultaneously public and private.

Since her bday is around the corner, I can say "Hey, for your Bday, lets go to the Museum of Science" then have an excellent day at a place she loves that ends in a photobooth with a ring. Though if I ask her and she says "nah I just want clothes for my birthday" I'm need a plan B, which may end up being the "look I put your ring on your cats collar" thing.

Anyways, I'm going to ask her Dad today for her hand in marriage/for him to make me a ring if his Jeweller skills are up to it. I'm not as nervous as I though I would be but :aaa: Wish me luck.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jet Set Jettison posted:

My girlfriend said she doesn't really want an incredibly public proposal but I don't want to just show up at home with a ring and be like "hey I got you this thing catch."

I figure the photobooth proposal is the best option for proposals for me. A) You get a hilarious/adorable photostrip to remember forever B) Its simultaneously public and private.

Since her bday is around the corner, I can say "Hey, for your Bday, lets go to the Museum of Science" then have an excellent day at a place she loves that ends in a photobooth with a ring. Though if I ask her and she says "nah I just want clothes for my birthday" I'm need a plan B, which may end up being the "look I put your ring on your cats collar" thing.

Anyways, I'm going to ask her Dad today for her hand in marriage/for him to make me a ring if his Jeweller skills are up to it. I'm not as nervous as I though I would be but :aaa: Wish me luck.

I will say...I basically just showed up at home with a ring, put it in a board game box, and was like "Hey I got you this thing, marry me please?". So don't discount super duper private.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

silvergoose posted:

I will say...I basically just showed up at home with a ring, put it in a board game box, and was like "Hey I got you this thing, marry me please?". So don't discount super duper private.

No I knows its fine and doesn't devalue a marriage or whatever. I just really want a film strip of a proposal!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Jet Set Jettison posted:

No I knows its fine and doesn't devalue a marriage or whatever. I just really want a film strip of a proposal!

It does sound pretty neat. If it's the MoS in Boston, you should get married there, that's what we did!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

silvergoose posted:

It does sound pretty neat. If it's the MoS in Boston, you should get married there, that's what we did!

That sounds awesome but also really expensive!

Also I need to triple check there is even a photobooth at the MoS in boston! I think theres a weird one there that you can post your strip to facebook.

E: I might post in the boston LAN thread to find out, because the general mass LAN thread yeilded zero response.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Jet Set Jettison posted:

That sounds awesome but also really expensive!

Also I need to triple check there is even a photobooth at the MoS in boston! I think theres a weird one there that you can post your strip to facebook.

E: I might post in the boston LAN thread to find out, because the general mass LAN thread yeilded zero response.

I honestly couldn't tell you, having been to the museum dozens of times. :v:

It was pretty expensive, yeah, and have to use their caterer. Lovely venue, though, good staff, and it's really what both of us wanted.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

silvergoose posted:

I honestly couldn't tell you, having been to the museum dozens of times. :v:

It was pretty expensive, yeah, and have to use their caterer. Lovely venue, though, good staff, and it's really what both of us wanted.

Well according to this things website, there is. I still need to verify because I'd hate to be caught with egg on my face and there not be one/not know where it is.

When the time comes though, I will definitely look into getting hitched at the Museum of Science.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Jet Set Jettison posted:

Quick questions:

I proposed on her birthday, though it wasn't my original intention. I ended up doing it though because we had a really nice romantic night planned out for her birthday which included moonlit horseback riding on a private ranch. It just felt right to do the proposal that night.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Thanks everyone for your help. My Mom said that proposing in a photobooth was dumb and proposing on her birthday was a bad idea. Everyone else up to this point I had told (like 3 other people) thought it was a good idea, so Im just gonna assume she's the outlier.

What is better than an expensive piece of jewelry on a birthday?!

E: Update: The Museum of Science told me where the photobooth was but said its really old and breaks down a lot. Soooooo I'm looking for a back up photobooth and BOY is it loving hard to find these things.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 1, 2013

joyfulgirl129
Aug 22, 2006

^^^ Maybe it's because I'm ready to kill my own mother, but she's the outlier. Whatever YOU want is fine.

So it's tomorrow. I have 30 minutes of alone time in the hotel room. Perhaps when this is all over I'll post a "Ask me how to move an entire wedding in 48 hours due to incoming thunderstorms!" thread.

Also, it made me realize that my family is E/N thread worthy crazy and incapable of doing the most basic of functions, like renting cars, checking into hotels, and finding places to eat within walking distance. They are all grown adults with jobs, drivers licenses, and some of them, children. I've turned my cell phone off.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

joyfulgirl129 posted:

Also, it made me realize that my family is E/N thread worthy crazy and incapable of doing the most basic of functions, like renting cars, checking into hotels, and finding places to eat within walking distance. They are all grown adults with jobs, drivers licenses, and some of them, children. I've turned my cell phone off.

I am really, really not looking forward to being the default travel guide for all of our out of town guests. I put as much information as I could think of on our wedding website so people could fend for themselves, but I know no one's going to read it and will just call me instead because of course I won't have eight thousand other things to be doing in the days leading up to the wedding.

FloorCheese
Jul 17, 2012
Welp, we did it and got hitched. Just got back from our two week honeymoon to boot. As far as I know the only major wedding day thing that went wrong is potentially we have little or no video whatsoever, but it was something a friend of mine was doing for me (I did pay him but he really was doing me a huge favor). I'm not entirely sure. But I'm feeling oddly zen about it. He came up to my husband and me just as we were about to walk up the aisle together and told us the video cards were kaput and I was like, eh, okay, c'est la vie. Fingers crossed it worked out though.

In response to an earlier few posts, we didn't have any kind of bridal party. It kept things very sane! Definitely recommend it. In the end our wedding was small and intimate and not fussy at all, which is exactly how my husband and I wanted things to be. Added bonus is we got a half hour to ourselves before the ceremony started to just sit together and chat about this OMG!THING we were about to do and remark at how calm and happy we both felt. No panic and no stress-tears or meltdowns ever happened, so yes, it is very possible.

tl;dr getting hitched is pretty swell. Recommended A++ would buy again!

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I am really, really not looking forward to being the default travel guide for all of our out of town guests. I put as much information as I could think of on our wedding website so people could fend for themselves, but I know no one's going to read it and will just call me instead because of course I won't have eight thousand other things to be doing in the days leading up to the wedding.

One of my friends mailed out cards with contact information for several members of the wedding party and the parents in descending order of who to contact first for directions, hotel information, etc. The card even literally said "do NOT contact the bride or groom". I thought that was pretty brilliant.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I did the same thing. I think it's helped so far. I've only had to help a few people so far and they were immediate family looking for more detailed and specific info and I wanted to help them anyway. I'm sure a lot more questions are going to pop up as we get closer to the date, especially from people who are turning our wedding into a vacation and want to find more things to do.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Well, it's been a few weeks now and we finally got our photos in. Everything went amazingly well, and the giant storm that was bearing down on us held off until the evening when everyone went inside for dinner. Again, I HIGHLY recommend looking into doing a private party at a restaurant instead of the usual wedding hall business. We got an ample amount of amazing food (cocktail hour and dinner) and a 7 hours of full open bar with quality spirits, craft beer, and skilled bartenders for $75/person.

Everyone told us that it was the first wedding they've been to where everything went according to plan and came off like it should. That's probably because we were somewhat fast and loose with the actual details, and kept most of it simple and put money where it counted (music, food, etc.) and didn't worry about too many details. The only real snags we hit were two people getting sick on the the bus leaving the party, on two separate trips, and some "disagreements" between my wife's maid of honor and me over the playlist. I had the computer hidden away upstairs and password protected it, but somehow she STILL found it and tried to play the Unwelcome DJ. Didn't ruin the evening though, and people barely noticed the 2-3 times when the music would suddenly stop and then inexplicably change to a different song. :v:

It is apparently possible to make your own playlist that will please most people though. I had 3.5 hours of music cued up, and my parents were telling me afterwards that people were commenting on how we were "actually playing good music" as opposed to the usual DJ lists. Which is kind of interesting considering that I was looking at a bunch of DJ information on how to construct a playlist, hah.

The storm in question, I was freaking out watching it come ever closer to us, the whole thing would have turned into a madhouse if we had to cram everyone inside for the ceremony:

The cake, which we had made for us by a local cupcake shop. Again, highly recommend looking for vendors who are not typically "wedding" vendors. Top layer was chocolate with espresso icing, middle was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, bottom was vanilla with lemon cream. All were amazing and it was under $4/slice. Most places we talked to started at $4-5/slice before adding different flavors, fondant, etc.

Of course we also had a slightly drunk, boisterous speech from the best man:

And after the first dance. The volume wasn't turned up on the sound system at first so my uncle started singing (badly) and the whole room started singing along until someone finally turned the volume up. It was really fun and, and there's nothing like a room of people breaking out into song to let you know they're all having a blast:

If anyone is looking to have their wedding in the Lehigh Valley or Buck's County area in Pennsylvania, PM me and I can recommend pretty much all of the people we used.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

rockcity posted:

My fiancee and I are in a similar situation, having lived together for over 5 years. We did however just close on a house that we had built so we're planning on doing some upgrades slowly. Most people know that about us so we just didn't do a registry at all and from what I've been told, when you just don't say anything, most people give you cash. I guess I'll find out if that's true in a couple months.

I know this post is a little old but yes it was true in our case that if you don't have a registry everyone will just give you cash. I'd say we got maybe 10 actual gifts from people (mostly really cool and personal hand-made stuff) and a handful of gift cards. We ended up with about $4,000 in straight cash and blew it all on our honeymoon.

Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

What percentage of your budget should you allot to photography? We have a 15k budget and used 5k on the ceremony/reception/dinner/drinks.

Most everyone we've talked to says to not skimp on photography, thus we've been looking at their blogs and portfolios to find what we like. We also want to shoot before during after wedding, digital rights to pictures, and possibly 2 photographers. We've looked at prices for ones we like and it's anywhere from 3-6k for vendor and packages.
It seems like a lot of the people were looking at are atleast 3k. There are ones in the 1-2k range that sort of meet our expectations but the actual photos they post in portfolios are really lack luster.

We just feel in a bind about what to do about photography since that and the other will prob be 9k of our money. The other 6k needs to go for everything else; DJ, officiant, flowers, decor, centerpiece, cake, invites, dress, etc

Anyone have any helpful suggestions about how we flip one way or the other on what to do?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Duxwig posted:

What percentage of your budget should you allot to photography? We have a 15k budget and used 5k on the ceremony/reception/dinner/drinks.

Most everyone we've talked to says to not skimp on photography, thus we've been looking at their blogs and portfolios to find what we like. We also want to shoot before during after wedding, digital rights to pictures, and possibly 2 photographers. We've looked at prices for ones we like and it's anywhere from 3-6k for vendor and packages.
It seems like a lot of the people were looking at are atleast 3k. There are ones in the 1-2k range that sort of meet our expectations but the actual photos they post in portfolios are really lack luster.

We just feel in a bind about what to do about photography since that and the other will prob be 9k of our money. The other 6k needs to go for everything else; DJ, officiant, flowers, decor, centerpiece, cake, invites, dress, etc

Anyone have any helpful suggestions about how we flip one way or the other on what to do?

What area are you in?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

With photography you get what you pay for usually. Ours is $3800 for 10 hours of shooting and printing rights to all the pictures.

Have you asked around your recently married/engaged friends? I asked around a lot and found a photographer who was a friend of a friend's sister and was really good but just starting out so she was cheaper than equivalent photographers. She was already booked on our date so we went with the other one, but she was about $1000 cheaper because she didn't have an established reputation yet.

Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

With photography you get what you pay for usually. Ours is $3800 for 10 hours of shooting and printing rights to all the pictures.

Have you asked around your recently married/engaged friends? I asked around a lot and found a photographer who was a friend of a friend's sister and was really good but just starting out so she was cheaper than equivalent photographers. She was already booked on our date so we went with the other one, but she was about $1000 cheaper because she didn't have an established reputation yet.

We did and we got suggestions...except that it ranged from cheaper packages but the photos were really underwhelming or super expensive packages that looked really good but we don't have 7+k to spend on photos. We like more artsy shots the standard just point and shoot. Different focuses or angles than normal.
Were looking at 10hrs, 2 people, engagement session, digital rights, print rights, photos edited. Not included any actual prints or albums or anything. Is there a reasonable thing to budge on?

Writer Cath posted:

What area are you in?

The wedding will be in Green Bay, Wi and we've been looking pretty much all 920 area code. We thought a it expanding out of the area to see if we can find others who are willing to travel for free but we have a weird outdoor ceremony sight that we wanted someone familiar w the layout.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Can you try talking to the lower priced vendors, to see if they can modify their style to suit your needs?

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
For our photographer, we were able to cut a deal since he knew my wife from work and she is compensating him with some social networking marketing. His initial quote though was in the $3000 range for the day. We were able to cut it down by cutting out some of the pre-wedding shots, and only having him around for the ceremony, dinner, and cocktail hour. He very nicely stayed an extra half hour to get the cake and first dance in for no extra charge.

Bottom line, if you have a certain budget, you might have to do some triage and figure out which specific parts of the wedding you want to have good photos of, and book them for less time. All in all it was fine not having him stay around, as there was no photographer getting in the way, and friends and family took enough other photos that we still have plenty of memories. It's really a quantity vs. quality thing.

Or if you're lucky you'll find some up and coming student who will do it for cheap but still give you great shots. That's all about luck though.

Emasculatrix
Nov 30, 2004

Tell Me You Love Me.
I put an ad on CL, saying, "I have $500, send me your portfolio and what you're willing to do for it." I got around 40 responses. The photographer I picked had (to my untrained eye) great photos. He did an engagement shoot, 10 hours of coverage on the day of, had a second shooter, and under a month turn-around time. I am very happy with how that turned out, the pictures were beautiful, and I saved a buttload of money.

I also put another ad on CL saying, "I have $100 and need a piano player for cocktail hour." I ended up hiring someone who teaches at a prestigious music school in the bay area.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Photographers (Hudson Valley / NYC so take this with a grain) are blowing my budget right the gently caress up. I can't believe how much I'm being quoted from professional-looking but not like... award-winning, photographers. Problem is, I know what sort of work I have to put into MY photography to make it look even acceptable, so I'm having a hard time getting upset about it. There's so much beyond the time spent physically at the shoot.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Writer Cath posted:

Can you try talking to the lower priced vendors, to see if they can modify their style to suit your needs?

"Hey, I know you're advertised as a panflute soloist, but do you think you could play this Liszt piece on piano as we enter?"

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Duxwig posted:

Were looking at 10hrs, 2 people, engagement session, digital rights, print rights, photos edited. Not included any actual prints or albums or anything. Is there a reasonable thing to budge on?

The wedding will be in Green Bay, Wi and we've been looking pretty much all 920 area code. We thought a it expanding out of the area to see if we can find others who are willing to travel for free but we have a weird outdoor ceremony sight that we wanted someone familiar w the layout.

Do you really NEED two photographers at the wedding? Mine brings along an assistant she refers to as her "equipment bitch" so she's not loaded down and can dart around getting different shots. Dropping the second photographer will drop your price considerably. If you really really want multiple angles, I'm sure you could rope in a friend who dabbles in amateur photography (but don't hire a second professional, that'll likely violate your contract with your main photog). My photographer includes an engagement shoot in her package price, but since we'd already done engagement pictures with a different cheaper photographer she added on the hour or so she'd spend on engagements onto our ceremony/reception time instead. You can also cheapen your price by sending the photographer home before the festivities are over and paying for fewer hours, mine told me that no one ever wants to keep pictures taken past 9-10 PM as people start getting shitfaced so it's not worth it to pay for the photographer to stick around taking pictures you don't want to keep.

As for finding one familiar with your site, meet with them before the wedding and take them out there if they've never been there before. I wouldn't make it a deal breaker.

vvv Edit: absolutely. Our photographer is our third most expensive vendor after our venue and catering. After the event no one's going to remember your flowers or DJ or other details but if you have lovely photos that's it. No re-dos. You're stuck with them forever. Get a good photographer.

Problem! fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 11, 2013

FloorCheese
Jul 17, 2012
In terms of money spent, we spent the most on our reception/food (all one item since it was at a restaurant) and the next-most amount on our photographer. Absolutely worth every penny. We're in the Boston area and spent around $4k, which was about the mid-range for what we saw for a photographer (though truth be told it was kind of an exponential scale after 5 or 6k!). It's very very true that a good photographer can make a modest wedding look a lot better than it was - exactly what happened in our case. Definitely definitely do not skimp on your photography.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I finally proposed to my girlfriend! It went suprisingly well.

I had a pretty elaborate plan; I would trick her to go to somewhere, go in a photo booth and then propose in the booth. I searched far and wide for photo booths with little luck. No movie theatres nearby had booths, and practically no malls had photo booths (except one really dumpy mall that we both hate). I even emailed photo booth manufacturers and came up empty handed.

My sister found a booth near her and came up with a plan. She was having a baby shower, and after the shower I would trick Beth into going to the mall with a photo booth. I would convince her to go with an elaborate cover story that was based in truth. My sister has been glueing these tiny flowers to a lampshade for her new baby, and she had a bunch of flowers that were wrong and neeeded to be returned. So to trick Beth, I would pretend that I "forgot" to return the flowers to AC Moore during the baby shower. I would drag her with me, propose in the photo booth, toast champagne and be a happy couple.

So the morning of the shower/proposal I was pretty wired and woke up early. I guess this woke up Beth, who then couldn't get back to sleep. So she was a bit grumpy that morning. Then we had to get balloons for the Baby shower. My car barely fit the balloons and were a bitch to deal with. So she was grumpier. Then when I picked her up 'according to plan,' she was mad that I had 'forgotten' to return the flowers during the shower because I had recently forgotten to do something similar IRL. Then I parked really far away from the AC Moore (because I had to lead her to walk by the booth).

Frankly, she was sort of pissed off at me.

We're walking past the booth and I ask "Hey we should get our picture taken in the photo booth!"

"eh I don't really feel like it."

"Oh come on it will be fun!" I said trying not to sweat it,

"Nah, I mean... there are kids in it right now."

My eyes focused like lasers on these 4 small feet dangling from the bottom of the photo booth curtain. Oh god things were not working. What do I do what do I do :aaaaa:.

"Oh... well... uh... lets go return these flowers."

I was struggling to keep the ring in my pocket. The ring box was loving HUGE. I was shocked she hadn't noticed the big lump in my pocket. I really didn't think she suspected anything because she was still an incredible grump.

So we went into AC Moore and struggled to find these annoying pink flowers. Then we had to count the flowers. Then we had to return the older flowers, which had to individually be scanned into the computer. Then we had to have the new replacement flowers all individually scanned into the computer. Time was moving at a snails pace. Beth was bored, and playing some game on her phone. I was in the acting role of a lifetime, trying not show that I'm literally screaming inside my head.

We walk out of the AC Moore and see 2 girls skip out of the booth. I power-walked over to the booth while trying to convince Beth to get in the booth. I actually sat down before she said yes, as to coax her into the booth. She finally relented and finally sat down.

So she said yes :kimchi:

[TIMG]removed[/TIMG]

She decided the first picture would be the silly picture, because she had never been in a photo booth and didn't know what to do.

The rest speaks for itself. The second picture is literally :staredog:.

After she left the booth she said 'WHAT DO WE DO NOW??? DO I LIKE... TELL PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE BOOTH?" She was absolutely stunned and very happy with how it all happened. She said she felt like the wind was knocked out of her.

It must of have been an act of God that prevented her from finding out I was planning to propose. Half of the baby shower knew the plan and were terrified to make eye contact. I guess they put her to work making a list of my sisters gifts, so that they wouldn't have to talk to her.

Overall, the whole thing went incredibly well. I'm very happy and look forward to marrying the love of my life.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 28, 2014

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
That is awesome and I'm glad it worked out for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I finally finished addressing my envelopes so I can mail my invitations next week, and now that all of them are addressed and sealed it seems that everyone has decided this is a good week to a) break up with their SO or b) move with no advanced notice

:argh:

Is there a way to open an envelope in a way that it's still re-sealable? I gotta change some inner envelopes to remove some recent ex-SOs but I really don't want to waste the postage and I only have so many spare envelopes. I don't want to just leave the SO's name on the invitations since I feel like that's a major two-punch dick move in reminding them that they're now single while inviting them to a wedding :(