Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

Also, does anyone know what the special furniture pieces that pirates drop are yet? I haven't fought a pirate invasion yet but I was wondering if anybody else knew beforehand.

Golden furniture, I got a golden toilet! And a gold door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
There is a golden toilet.

This is all I needed to know :v:

e: /\/\/\/\ holy poo poo where did you get those bottom two paintings?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I got the left painting of the dude in red fighting the Destroyer from the dungeon.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
A few pages back I complained about my mad mage power hour being over.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Mad mage power hour continues, now with added Nimbus Staff and Nettle Burst. Along with Golden Shower, Shadow Beam, Magnet Sphere and Pygmies, plus a Godly Gungnir for light I've got something for nearly every situation. Now I just want an Infernal Fork and I'll be super happy. Too bad the Hornet Gun is so poor, because while its the hadmode Bee Gun, it just doesn't work that well, while a hardmode Vilethorn (the Nettle Bust) will probably have a range of uses.

Anyone who's used the Specter staff a bit wish to comment on how it plays? I'ld like to know how it compares to other dungeon magic.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I really wish there was an end-game lightsaber made from Golem parts and Chlorophyte or something. Crafting a white lightsaber with diamonds was one of the most rewarding experiences.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Logan 5 posted:

e: /\/\/\/\ holy poo poo where did you get those bottom two paintings?
In some cavern. There is also one of the EoC and one from the twins.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Ashsaber posted:

Anyone who's used the Specter staff a bit wish to comment on how it plays? I'ld like to know how it compares to other dungeon magic.

It's bad. It fires a slow missile that does crappy damage and costs more MP than it should. Also look forward to the Rainbow Gun; it's amazing. Inferno Fork and Nettle Burst are just crappy versions of the Rainbow Gun, although the Inferno Fork has a slight bit of utility in hitting stuff through walls.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Hooray for the paint and dye systems.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
There's something that the iOS port (and I'll assume other ports) of Terraria does that I really like. You can use the right stick to aim in a direction, and you pickaxe in that area. If I hold the stick to the right, I automatically begin digging through the three blocks directly to the right of me. It made digging tunnels a lot easier.

Is there a mod for Terraria that does something like this? Instead of having to go on each individual block, it can instead instead excavate an an area, say 3x1, or even 3x3. I'm not asking for a cheat to make it so I remove a 3x3 square as fast as I would were in one block. I just want to make it so I don't have to cover every single block. I need to excavate, and I don't want to have to work that hard at it.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

There actually is a way to do just that. The Demolitionist sells a lot of it.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

LAY-ZX posted:

There actually is a way to do just that. The Demolitionist sells a lot of it.

Eh, it's messy. And it wouldn't help with back walls.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(
I had a really weird bug where two guides spawned in my world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfNVWfkMGo

The video is me spawning Wall of Flesh while two guides are existing in-world. It's sorta spoilery since I'm fairly far in hard-mode content.

E: 'had' is a bad word for it, two guides continue to spawn in my world every time they get murdered by the voodoo doll.

double e: I just had it so instead of one full wall and one mouth, it was two eyes and a wall with only a mouth. That one was funny.

triple e: When the Guide 'Andrew' died, instead of both dropping one hat, one dropped two hats. Weird!

Klayboxx fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 11, 2013

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!
I would love for there to be an exploding pickaxe which mines out all blocks adjacent to the one targetted.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Logan 5 posted:

Godspeed you crazy goon. I think I'll try my hand a castle again once I'm done with the dome and its dunegon.

Also this is a neat idea for making a tree, if you don't mind having to jump over it every time (not mine):

I used a similar effect in my base to make some platforms look (sort of) like a spiral staircase:

The black is a single line of obsidian walls. I put the torches over the parts that they are on to try and force some perspective.

e: Please don't berate how spartan my NPC's rooms are, I'm still working on it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fix the beds too, they're facing in random directions.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I only need an adhesive bandage as my final ankh shield ingredient, what's the easiest way to farm one? I see three options:

1. werewolves on the surface - seem kind of rare even in a large non-corrupt/hallow area
2. anglerfish - I built a tube of water a few screens long, but they don't spawn that often because of everything else down there
3. rust armored guys in the dungeon - no idea how to start farming these guys

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

padijun posted:

I only need an adhesive bandage as my final ankh shield ingredient, what's the easiest way to farm one? I see three options:

1. werewolves on the surface - seem kind of rare even in a large non-corrupt/hallow area
2. anglerfish - I built a tube of water a few screens long, but they don't spawn that often because of everything else down there

The fake answer is Full Moon + Blood Moon.

But I suggest just getting to an underground lake in the hallow and bringing battle potions.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Klayboxx posted:

I had a really weird bug where two guides spawned in my world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhfNVWfkMGo

What is that thing that looks like a plumbob over your head? I've never seen it before but it looks super useful!

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

What is that thing that looks like a plumbob over your head? I've never seen it before but it looks super useful!

It's the set bonus from Chlorophyte armor.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Potential BFF posted:

Hooray for the paint and dye systems.

Wait, is that glass furniture? :aaa:

Oh my god and hive furniture exists too. I am going to be redoing so many decorations.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dareon posted:

Wait, is that glass furniture? :aaa:

Oh my god and hive furniture exists too. I am going to be redoing so many decorations.

I wish we had rocks so I could build a glass house and put some rocks in a chest inside. I suppose I could fill it with stone.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Machai posted:

I wish we had rocks so I could build a glass house and put some rocks in a chest inside. I suppose I could fill it with stone.

Go big or go home:

(take some stone to a tink's workshop)

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006

padijun posted:

Angler fish, hands down. I farmed the dungeon for hours and never got a bandage (or one of those inferno forks), but it only took ~15 minutes of farming fish in a large-ish underground lake to get it. Watch the skies for a full moon just in case.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Heavy neutrino posted:

Did nobody ever notice the Clentaminator in the Steampunker's shop inventory? It reverts an entire screen's worth of hallow/corruption/crimson to normal blocks (dirt, stone blocks and sand) in about one second.

Biome spread is a complete non-issue.
I costs two loving platinum, man, that's not something people can trivially afford unless they have huge stocks of money from playing since launch on the same character. And 25 silver a shot.

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I just found a hellbat banner which the wiki says is new in 1.2.0.3. The writing for the description is purple like the weapons etc are rather that plain white like the other banners. Is this significant?
It means it won't poof if it falls in lava.

Logan 5 posted:

I really like the docks, that's a cool idea. I want to make a bigger version of my sailboat on the actual ocean, but it sucks to have to use cloud as the sails instead of cloud walls, which aren't craftable apparently. Cloud blocks stop the rain from pouring down onto my deck and making it look all cool and poo poo :arghfist::(
Cloud walls ARE lootable, though?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Zereth posted:

I costs two loving platinum, man, that's not something people can trivially afford unless they have huge stocks of money from playing since launch on the same character. And 25 silver a shot.

...Uh, or unless you sell things. Hard mode drops are worth a lot of money. I started playing a new character when 1.2 hit and he's probably made and spent about 25 plat.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zereth posted:

I'm a fan of the stack-taking glitch another goon posted. Sell a stack of money and then, without closing the window, hold down right-click on an empty square in the merchant's inventory. Once it's ticking at a good speed, quickly mouse back over to your pile of cash. You'll buy it back and it'll often stack a couple extra of that type of coin in there. 100 Platinum Coins in, like, ten minutes, tops.

Some people might not like this method, of course, but when each shot of the Clemtaminator costs that much, can you really afford not to?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

You can't do that any more anyway, the last patch made it so you can't sell money.

e: Seriously guys, trying selling the poo poo you find while out killing things. Pre-1.2 I used a money dupe trick too but the one I used was patched and I found that it actually didn't set me back all that much.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 11, 2013

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
edit: beat ^^

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Garfu posted:

Fixed in last patch, can no longer sell money.

When was the last patch? The last time we were on was Monday night and I made fat stacks then.

It'll theoretically work with other items too if you use the buyback feature, anyway.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

The White Dragon posted:

When was the last patch? The last time we were on was Monday night and I made fat stacks then.

It'll theoretically work with other items too if you use the buyback feature, anyway.

Not only was it fixed by not allowing money to be sold, he also fixed the whole out of sync stack thing that made it work in the first place.

You can't do it anymore with anything.

Patch was yesterday.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LAY-ZX posted:

...Uh, or unless you sell things. Hard mode drops are worth a lot of money. I started playing a new character when 1.2 hit and he's probably made and spent about 25 plat.

poo poo, you don't even have to sell things. I made a new character and a new world when 1.2 hit. I've killed the Eye, the Brain, and Skeletron, sold maybe 25 silver worth of poo poo, and have like 1.5 platinum in a chest. Partly that's because I spent an hour or two farming for a diving helmet earlier today, but I don't think I got more than half a platinum from that. Mostly it's just from killing everything that moves.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
It's not that hard to set up a statue farm that produces tons of stuff to sell either. Unless you're one of those people who constantly dies with a shitload of gold in your inventory coins are pretty easy to stockpile.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Some people might not like this method, of course, but when each shot of the Clemtaminator costs that much, can you really afford not to?

What? 25 silver is not a lot. Each shot covers a good amount of stuff. Dig a moat around the area you want to cleanse first so you don't have to re-cleanse.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I stick all my money in the piggy bank and just visit it and hit Quick Stack whenever I come back home. Got about 5 platinum in there now, and like 80% of my play has been v1.2.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Zereth posted:

Cloud walls ARE lootable, though?

Hot drat, you're right! They're lootable, but not craftable for some reason. I just assumed you couldn't get them cause I couldn't make them, kinda like living wood walls used to be.

How do these banner things work by the way, I put them down in an area and it'll spawn more of that monster? Is that right?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

How do these banner things work by the way, I put them down in an area and it'll spawn more of that monster? Is that right?

I don't think so, I think they're just like the boss trophies in that they're just there to make OCD morons like me sit around killing the same thing repeatedly for an hour to get a useless trinket.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

aegeryn posted:

Angler fish, hands down. I farmed the dungeon for hours and never got a bandage (or one of those inferno forks), but it only took ~15 minutes of farming fish in a large-ish underground lake to get it. Watch the skies for a full moon just in case.

Yeah, I finally got one by making my tube into a lake. Then I decided the I got wasn't good enough, so I quit the game to try to remake it, losing my bezoar in the process. I'm a loving idiot.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Ok, it doesn't just end with my guide duplicating. I think my NPC's are coming in multiples as long as there are valid rooms. A lot of my NPC's died due to a solar eclipse and instead of all of them coming back, the nurse just spawned for every room available.

WHY?

THIS IS GOING TO BE A HUGE PAIN IN THE rear end TO DEAL WITH!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

LAY-ZX posted:

Sell... things?

But then how would I have all of the things???

I mean, I do own a clemen... thingy, it's just htere were so many other things to buy first like the autohammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Klayboxx posted:

the nurse just spawned for every room available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2yJ-VaMDYs

I'm not seeing a problem here :colbert:

• Locked thread