Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I know quite a few of us jumped on the Blockheads bandwagon at launch, well they have just kicked out version 1.4 and it looks like tons of stuff has been added since. Main things this time are trains and electricity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMx1FcxVhO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Does the iOS version of Costume Quest come with the DLC?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Kifisonfire posted:

Does the iOS version of Costume Quest come with the DLC?
Yeah, but it's an IAP of $2, though.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Al Baron posted:

Yeah, but it's an IAP of $2, though.
That's disappointing.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kifisonfire posted:

That's disappointing.

It really is, I want pretty tempted to buy it until that. Course I bought the game when it first game out for much more. It just a question of how much do I want to pay for the game on a different format?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

BrainDance posted:

I was mostly replying to bottom liner, who was saying how bad the portrait looked with the sprite. I was just saying whacky portraits that barely look like the sprite isn't a new thing.

The point of the conversation up to that point was that the old art worked with those because you applied that image to the "blanks" left by the low res, pixelated sprites. When you make really smooth, high res sprites with the same amount of definition and match them up against detailed portraits it looks really jarring and lazy. That wasn't the effect of the old games, so no one is misremembering anything.

Not to mention that in the case of his specific post it still applies because mainline Final Fantasy games never put concept art in the dialogue boxes. Those were reserved for the menu.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 10, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Fazana posted:

I know quite a few of us jumped on the Blockheads bandwagon at launch, well they have just kicked out version 1.4 and it looks like tons of stuff has been added since. Main things this time are trains and electricity!

It's a great game.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Fazana posted:

:stare:

YES

I think combat is the wrong way to go, but trains trains trains

Dedicated servers would be great

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 11, 2013

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't care at all about trains but I was excited about the idea of HD textures until I realized they're not free. Anyone buy them yet? How are they?

I don't mind giving the dude more money(bought the doubler), but I want to make sure they're alright.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Am I the only one addicted to Pixel People? I've managed to get 206 clones without paying a cent, and if there was some way to trade with people who weren't Facebook friends I'd probably be set for the rest. It's oddly addictive.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh man this new event for Marvel Puzzle Quest is amazing if you leveled your Avengers. So many opponents with just Iron man and no backup or a level 1 Hawkeye and Black Widow. :getin:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Count Chocula posted:

Am I the only one addicted to Pixel People? I've managed to get 206 clones without paying a cent, and if there was some way to trade with people who weren't Facebook friends I'd probably be set for the rest. It's oddly addictive.

I got to about that point as well and ran out of stuff to do. Everything was taking 24 hours+ to complete and grinding out the animals etc just became a dumb slot machine with basically no reward, so I deleted it.

It was a fun ride to that point though!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Oh man this new event for Marvel Puzzle Quest is amazing if you leveled your Avengers. So many opponents with just Iron man and no backup or a level 1 Hawkeye and Black Widow. :getin:

Except I sold my hawkeye and blade widow :sigh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Except I sold my hawkeye and blade widow :sigh:

Excellent. Mooohwahwahhwahwa.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dross posted:

5 had the GBA content.

Some people think hi-res fonts and character sprites are automatically cheap/inferior looking and associate them with RPG maker, in the same way that some people think 60 fps TV/movies look bad because they're used to 24 fps and associate 60 fps with home movies and soap operas.

The FF5 sprites were gaudy :effort: ports and recolors of the FFD sprites, imposed on to a game world that was made with smaller icons in mind so it looks even more like some kid just made their first RPG. In FF6's case the world was made for larger sprites so it won't be as bad but the god awful quality of the non-monster sprites would still be very obvious. The major problem is that the FFD/TAY team doing these just isn't very good at it. At least with remakes they aren't going to put out as much highschool anime fanfic story as they did for other games but unless FF6 is a noticable improvement over their past work I'll still to my working SNES and an emulator if I want to play it on iOS.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Fazana posted:

Thanks for this, I forgot the name of this game and didn't have the time to try it back when it was first mentioned. This looks like a good jumping-on time.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I like Marvel PQ but I wonder how much of it is pay to win or messing with the clock to move faster. Will there be a reset when it's not a preview any more? I guess they can't since there's already a store with money purchases being made.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I havent paid anything, nor have I reset my clock. You can build up a stock of heals over time and between that and keeping a decent group of heroes I've played whenever I wanted and not had to wait. You get gold through regular missions and I've got two heroes out of that so far and spent the rest on more storage space. I'm having fun with this so I might drop a few bucks on some gold to get more storage and heroes, but really, I've been playing with Iron Man, Black Widow and Storm which you get for free anyway. They fill the roles of heavy hitter, control and utility respectively very well.

Currencies: ISO8 which you'll earn tons of from doing the SHIELD or weekly missions. 500 can buy from a pool of mostly 1 star heroes with a scattering of 2 and a 3 star hero.
Gold: Rarer, usually as prizes for boss missions/events. Can be used to buy from a pool of 2 star heroes and above.

Heroes/Covers are readily attained through the storyline, but you'll be staring at a lot of Iron Man, Gawkeye, Black Widow and Storm covers for a long time.

Fuckit, I'll start up a new thread. Just need to write up a few more segments and I'll need suggestions for a title. I do like Marvel Puzzle Quest: Nothing can stop the Juggernaut from killing himself.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 11, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I havent paid anything, nor have I reset my clock. You can build up a stock of heals over time and between that and keeping a decent group of heroes I've played whenever I wanted and not had to wait. You get gold through regular missions and I've got two heroes out of that so far and spent the rest on more storage space. I'm having fun with this so I might drop a few bucks on some gold to get more storage and heroes, but really, I've been playing with Iron Man, Black Widow and Storm which you get for free anyway. They fill the roles of heavy hitter, control and utility respectively very well.

Currencies: ISO8 which you'll earn tons of from doing the SHIELD or weekly missions. 500 can buy from a pool of mostly 1 star heroes with a scattering of 2 and a 3 star hero.
Gold: Rarer, usually as prizes for boss missions/events. Can be used to buy from a pool of 2 star heroes and above.

Heroes/Covers are readily attained through the storyline, but you'll be staring at a lot of Iron Man, Gawkeye, Black Widow and Storm covers for a long time.

Fuckit, I'll start up a new thread. Just need to write up a few more segments and I'll need suggestions for a title. I do like Marvel Puzzle Quest: Nothing can stop the Juggernaut from killing himself.

Marvel's puzzle quest: iron man is an rear end in a top hat

Also level 22 iron man and level 5 Thor is still kicking PVP rear end :getin:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

They let me use Bagman Spider-man for most of the day but now he's suddenly locked out. :(

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Is it worth replaying missions? Do you get more covers? I noticed on the H.A.M.M.E.R. section that the two park missions have ticks beside them but the rest have like a little yellow retry symbol.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

epitasis posted:

They let me use Bagman Spider-man for most of the day but now he's suddenly locked out. :(

Same here, but it makes sense Spider-Man isn't an avenger

Apocron posted:

Is it worth replaying missions? Do you get more covers? I noticed on the H.A.M.M.E.R. section that the two park missions have ticks beside them but the rest have like a little yellow retry symbol.
When you select a mission you can see all the possible rewards of the mission. Most have 4 possible rewards. Generally 3 comic books and either 500 iso or 50 gold. Ticks mean you have gotten all possible rewards.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 11, 2013

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Do you think it's worth rerolling the 500 iso cover button in the hopes of getting doom?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey I got wolverine from the 500 iso slot machine.... Oh he is red and yellow just like 90% of the other people making him conflicting with any decent build. :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Apocron posted:

I like Marvel PQ but I wonder how much of it is pay to win or messing with the clock to move faster. Will there be a reset when it's not a preview any more? I guess they can't since there's already a store with money purchases being made.
I can't even see how you'd win without paying. In the last Venom Versus I fought my way into ~#400, went to bed and when I woke up I was almost #1,000 thanks to a grand total of 3 losses. The regular PvP is the same - nobody's even close to the top of the rewards scale because your points are based on where you are and where who you're fighting is, so near the top you'd have to rely on the AI winning fights for you just to retain your points and progress without paying to heal and keep grinding.
Like you can do decently enough to grab Hero Points without paying, but jesus - getting into the top 200s against people who are being rewarded with 3-4 star heroes for having spent money on 3-4 star heroes is inconceivable to me - like Battle Camp you can rely on the people spending money being poo poo at the game, but MPQ has the computer playing as them and you during PvP so you can't rely on your own skill to stay up there.

Shwqa posted:

Same here, but it makes sense Spider-Man isn't an avenger
Spider-man has been on three separate Avenger teams. (Although not as the Amazing Bag-Man)
The choice of "Avengers only" is weird though, as I couldn't use Storm at the beginning and she's been an Avenger as well - but I can still use Wolverine and he was in the team with Spider-man.

Also, I got a Modern Hawkeye(blue) and he is just terrible. He's not much tougher than Black Widow but the enemy team gets a whole four turns to stop his equivalent stun because it happens to deal damage at the same time - I'd rather just take Black Widow for a reliable stun and feed Iron Man, thanks.

SynthOrange posted:

I do like Marvel Puzzle Quest: Nothing can stop the Juggernaut from killing himself.
:getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Oh hey I got wolverine from the 500 iso slot machine.... Oh he is red and yellow just like 90% of the other people making him conflicting with any decent build. :smith:

Unless I'm mistaken, powers are sorted by colors. Red is usually heavy damage, Blue stuns, yellow buffs, green is tile smashing stuff, purple is debuffs, and black is weird stuff. (I've only got two examples for black, so I cant really guess what the theme for black powers are.)

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

What's with the thread title, did I miss some sort of lovely Star Wars game release?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nimblebit got a Star Wars license and are making a death star Tiny Tower.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

haha that is both hilarious and terrible. Congrats Nimblebit! Please make an endgame scenario where dastardly rebels blow your poo poo up.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
You might want to start checking various territories, Tiny Death Star has popped up on Android this morning as a soft launch.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

nrr posted:

haha that is both hilarious and terrible. Congrats Nimblebit! Please make an endgame scenario where dastardly rebels blow your poo poo up.

Pay 10 bux to rebuild Death Star. Also the perfect way to end the beta.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MARVEL PUGGLE QUEST thread is up by popular demand.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574405

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
With Tiny Death Star hitting the google play store when can iOS when can we expect it? I'll be refreshing this thread / the App Store all day now ughh.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

OMGzKakaniz posted:

With Tiny Death Star hitting the google play store when can iOS when can we expect it? I'll be refreshing this thread / the App Store all day now ughh.

It's apparently only out in an Aussie beta on Android so unless you really like refreshing the thread you can stop for a few days! It's buggy as hell out of the gate and needs quite a bit of polish before it has the charm of Nimbles own games.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice

Fazana posted:

It's apparently only out in an Aussie beta on Android so unless you really like refreshing the thread you can stop for a few days! It's buggy as hell out of the gate and needs quite a bit of polish before it has the charm of Nimbles own games.

Good to know. Back to sending trains to and from endlessly. Really looking forward to doing the Tiny Tower thing all over again (drat you Nimblebit)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Cloudchaos posted:

MPQ tip: If you force close the app when it tries to make you spend your hero points and then reopen it you can buy the 150 point covers instead of being stuck on the 50 point cover page. You can also do this the second time it tries to make you buy one of those bullshit heroes and you can even buy the 500 ISO cover if you don't have 150 points the second time.

Tried this twice, and it keeps feeding me back to either Black Widow or Hawkeye for 50. Am I missing something?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
A neat little puzzle game called 10 just came out, it's free until the 20th.

http://appshopper.com/games/10-6

Prathm
Nov 24, 2005

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

A neat little puzzle game called 10 just came out, it's free until the 20th.

http://appshopper.com/games/10-6

If you liked fuusio or drop7/crusher get this immediately.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is it as hard as fuusio? There are plenty of levels even on the smaller grids I have no idea how to even begin solving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prathm
Nov 24, 2005

MooCowlian posted:

Is it as hard as fuusio? There are plenty of levels even on the smaller grids I have no idea how to even begin solving.

I would say it's a little easier than fuusio.

e: actually, it just looks easier because you "only" add up numbers.

Prathm fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 11, 2013

• Locked thread