Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So I'm flying a plane in freemode and decide to do a mission through the phone's quick job menu. When the mission starts my character spawns 6 feet off the ground with a parachute on and promptly splats on the ground and dies before the other players could even move.

Don't do what I did.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is the HVY Cutter in Online? If so, I know what I'll be doing for a while. :unsmigghh:

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Is the HVY Cutter in Online? If so, I know what I'll be doing for a while. :unsmigghh:

Side note: Where is it in singleplayer?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Tentacle Party posted:

Did you ever find out who shot out all your tyres? drat pubbies.

Hahaha, I kind of assumed you did. I splashed out the $20k on bulletproofs anyway, totally worth it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Harmburger posted:

Side note: Where is it in singleplayer?

There’s a quarry east of the Senora Highway. It’s just northeast of the wind farm.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 11, 2013

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

cliche posted:

Well, Rockstar, if trying to chop up a guy in my helicopter blades as he's frantically buzzing his friend's apartment door before getting stuck and causing an explosion that kills both of us and destroys everyone's personal vehicles makes me a bad sport, then I'm not sure I want to be a good one.

Why can't there just be a checkbox to put you on servers full of people who want to play the game as god intended, which is with tons of loving around? It's fun to cooperate on missions with your team, and it's fun to be nice to everyone in freeroam, but doing the opposite of those things is awesome too :(

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hey PSN goons, if anybody's ever up for some racing I'm one of the apparently few people that likes it (PSN : TorakFade , crew Third Street Goons, have a mic but won't always use it)

I am incredibly pissed at people who only choose the "Super" class (the funniest race I had was with giant, bouncy, plow-through-traffic SUVs) and treat all races like they're GTA races. I like traffic on, everybody can be good at driving on empty roads... I don't care about the rubber-banding help, I'm usually on 1st or 2nd place anyways :smug:

Driving clean laps is the best way to 1st position, and I noticed that when people try to spin you out/ram you off the road, they usually end up wrecking themselves if you know how to avoid losing control; I guess there's a physics "countermeasure" of sorts in place, because in free roam poo poo doesn't work that way.

I only wreck out when people actually ram me into a fixed object like a telephone pole.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So Sandy Shores Survival is kind of a bitch, but there's a really good position behind the dumpster tucked in the covered bathroom entrance area of that little station in the center, not far from not one but three body armor spawns. Get a friend on the opposite side and they can cover the back alley and handle anyone who rushes the dumpster. In fact, I'd wager that staying on the side opposite the dumpster would let you solo the whole thing; it would just take some time because you have to coax targets into closing with you--there's not a lot of open ground like there is with Boneyard.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

TorakFade posted:

Hey PSN goons, if anybody's ever up for some racing I'm one of the apparently few people that likes it (PSN : TorakFade , crew Third Street Goons, have a mic but won't always use it)

I am incredibly pissed at people who only choose the "Super" class (the funniest race I had was with giant, bouncy, plow-through-traffic SUVs) and treat all races like they're GTA races. I like traffic on, everybody can be good at driving on empty roads... I don't care about the rubber-banding help, I'm usually on 1st or 2nd place anyways :smug:

Driving clean laps is the best way to 1st position, and I noticed that when people try to spin you out/ram you off the road, they usually end up wrecking themselves if you know how to avoid losing control; I guess there's a physics "countermeasure" of sorts in place, because in free roam poo poo doesn't work that way.

I only wreck out when people actually ram me into a fixed object like a telephone pole.

PSN: Johnnyonoes. I love racing

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Thanks again to Hamburger a.k.a Ghettobrook for helping us grind Rooftop Rumble. Easiest/fastest $500k ever.

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.

JGBeagle posted:

What's depressing is that this is going to get Game of the Year. :smith:

In a just world The Last of Us will get GOTY and I've still got hope for that to happen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

13stitches posted:

In a just world The Last of Us will get GOTY and I've still got hope for that to happen.

The Last Of Us deserves GOTY for having the best story of the year, while GTAV deserves GOTY for being the most fun game to play all year.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lotish posted:

So Sandy Shores Survival is kind of a bitch, but there's a really good position behind the dumpster tucked in the covered bathroom entrance area of that little station in the center, not far from not one but three body armor spawns. Get a friend on the opposite side and they can cover the back alley and handle anyone who rushes the dumpster. In fact, I'd wager that staying on the side opposite the dumpster would let you solo the whole thing; it would just take some time because you have to coax targets into closing with you--there's not a lot of open ground like there is with Boneyard.

For Sandy Shores survival up until about wave #8 the best place I've found is one of the houses with a railed porch. You can sit and pop up without a problem until they start tossing miniguns and grenade launchers at you.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Lotish posted:

We just did this with 4 people, and the guy behind the blue dumpster definitely has the best spot, as evidenced by the other 3 of us all dying on a couple waves while the dumpster guy handily finished it. That is indeed the best spot we found, though, with two guys on each side.

Also, sure, the Vigero is kind of a piece of crap next to a Sabre or Dominator or whatever, but at least it's loving slick:

The paint is actually matte midnight purple, not black.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Trip Report: Top Fun II & III are really, really fun. Pick them if you see them. Myself (XBL: Shock3h), Cake or Death and t0mm3h (Excellent goons all) had an absolute blast; If only we could get more Third Street Goons into the same game at once, it'd be amazing. It's not the highest paying, but as it's pretty quick and you'll be giggling like a schoolgirl every round, who cares? :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The problem we kept having is the guy on the dumpster would sometimes be kicked out of cover and wouldn't be able to plug back in for several seconds, sometimes to terrible consequences. They have the best killing angle, certainly, but the dumpster just sometimes doesn't cooperate. On the other hand, the person across can be shielded from everywhere but a narrow alley opposite if they hang at the far back corner, unassailable by helicopter, and with a fast finger can perforate anyone who comes around the corner with impunity. That takes a while, though.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Speaking of that dumpster, sorry to the goons I reached wave 8 with. My PS3 picks the best times to lock up on me.

SplitSoul posted:

No, because that would be too much fun. :rockstar:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

EDDIE__DINGLE posted:

If your driving a friend's personal car at the end of any mission it will clone that car when you return to freemode. If that car had bulletproof tires and armor upgrades for instance it would be worth $25K at the nearest mod shop. :profit:

Quoting this great advice that some people probably missed. Go and do this before it gets patched out!

If you dont have the 25k needed for bulletproof tyres or youre tight with money, do the lester mission where he asks you to cause trouble with the cops. youll need sticky bombs because he gets you to blow up a riot van that takes a bunch of bombs to blow up. Anyway the car he gives you for the mission is a dominator with bulletproof tyres and you can keep it when youre done.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Also if you started a new character after the patch, you can pick up guns in survival mode after you reach the level needed to unlock them in ammu nation and get them for free. saved a bit of money by picking up a mp5 and combat pistol this way last night.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Sorry to all the goons I accidentally blew up with missiles today. :( They really shouldn't let the Buzzard's missiles lock on to crew members...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I added some extra fun to my normal "cop car, sirens blaring, slam into the doors of a place being robbed"

Block the door and hurl a few cans of tear gas in there. They cant see too good, are slowly dying and can't get out. Then text them with "You're busted, son"

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Antoine Silvere posted:

Sorry to all the goons I accidentally blew up with missiles today. :( They really shouldn't let the Buzzard's missiles lock on to crew members...

I kinda wish they wouldn't let you target crew members at all. I've killed (and been killed) by just being near a crew member while I'm targeting someone in the distance even. :suicide:

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Thanks again to Hamburger a.k.a Ghettobrook for helping us grind Rooftop Rumble. Easiest/fastest $500k ever.

I think I ran into you guys but you all disappeared before I could get to you all.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

I added some extra fun to my normal "cop car, sirens blaring, slam into the doors of a place being robbed"

Block the door and hurl a few cans of tear gas in there. They cant see too good, are slowly dying and can't get out. Then text them with "You're busted, son"

drat, finally a real use of the tear gas.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

ahahah

Now I want to do that and do my best impression of "Oh no it's the NARC, man!" over the mic as I ram the door.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Free money anyone? It's horrible exploit time.

Get expensive vehicle.
Put tracker on it (I haven't tested if it works without but you may as well put it on and it makes sense).
Slap as many performance mods on as possible to get it's value up, I think max LS will buy for is 50k.
Go to LS Customs.
Sell car, then IMMEDIATELY press the following button combo(PS3 version): Start-L1-X-X - you might want to practise this a few times first.
This will go to the store, when you come back you will still have the car AND the money, and will still be on the sell prompt so you can rinse and repeat until you get bored or have more money than Jesus.

There seems to be quite a lot of room for error, I've certainly messed up the buttons slightly before and not lost the car, though it may also be based on lag as I'm on WiFi and have had no issues. Just made my first million.

EDIT: careful about buying a more expensive car to sell, got a JB700 for 350k and got told they wouldn't buy anything worth over 50k. Surely 350/10=35k?

Kameleon fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 11, 2013

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Kameleon posted:

Free money anyone? It's horrible exploit time.

Get expensive vehicle.
Put tracker on it (I haven't tested if it works without but you may as well put it on and it makes sense).
Slap as many performance mods on as possible to get it's value up, I think max LS will buy for is 50k.
Go to LS Customs.
Sell car, then IMMEDIATELY press the following button combo(PS3 version): Start-L1-X-X - you might want to practise this a few times first.
This will go to the store, when you come back you will still have the car AND the money, and will still be on the sell prompt so you can rinse and repeat until you get bored or have more money than Jesus.

There seems to be quite a lot of room for error, I've certainly messed up the buttons slightly before and not lost the car, though it may also be based on lag as I'm on WiFi and have had no issues. Just made my first million.

gonna get all over this right now thanks. I wonder if they'll get around to banning people for stuff like this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Monowhatever posted:

gonna get all over this right now thanks. I wonder if they'll get around to banning people for stuff like this.

I've had $25 sitting in my xbox wallet since the game launched, just waiting to give them my money for their fake fun bucks. They still won't loving let me. In short, they can suck my dick at this point if they don't want me to do this. They had their chance and blew it for getting my money for a dumb IAP.

Beef Juice
Dec 28, 2003
resurrected

Monowhatever posted:

This covers the method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaRafYHHrvY

I didn't have luck with the first part, but was able to skip to the second with the same results. I was doing it wrong for a while too, but it does in fact work, just mess with it for a bit.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

... How in the hell is the Vapid Speedo not modifiable? Damnit Rockstar, I want to make a slammed, blacked out van on muscle car rims, what the hell :colbert:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does changing the wheel style (Tuner, High-End, SUV, Off-road, etc.) on cars effect their performance at all or is it merely cosmetic?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Where does the buzzard spawn? I need some camera-guided missle action.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Normal helicopter spawns, it's just based on level(like the cargobob).

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

It spawns everywhere, but only above a certain rank, somewhere in the thirties or forties.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Aishan posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does changing the wheel style (Tuner, High-End, SUV, Off-road, etc.) on cars effect their performance at all or is it merely cosmetic?

Those are just hubs and don't affect driving, far as I can tell. The lack of changeable tires is a weird omission I think.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It's too bad there's no pork pie hats and only fedoras, because otherwise I'd have a pretty good Heisenberg.

(Had to switch because being the driver from Drive didn't seem to fit the fancy apartment.)

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Those are just hubs and don't affect driving, far as I can tell. The lack of changeable tires is a weird omission I think.

The wheel type changes the tire type for some of the categories.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Bought a Comet as I'm a Porsche enthusiast, but now I can't get over how the front looks like a dead ringer for a Toyota MRS. Wish I could sell it...

Also, yes, I have two Futos.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I've just been thinking about GTA Online and the slow cashflow and level progression.

I was thinking about how just over a week ago, I was enjoying the fact that progression was slow and tedious because that would make my eventual awesome apartment and garage full of cars feel all the better and "well-earned". It legitimately felt like I was a criminal underdog crawling up the ladder. I was playing by the rules of the game. As far as GTA Online went, I was a law abiding inhabitant of the ecosystem at the same time as being criminal scum in the game's world.

Then I learned of various exploits that would increase my cashflow by orders of magnitude. Pretty soon, the allure of copious amounts of cash, a beautiful apartment with a gorgeous view and a garage full of sportscars swayed my resolve to "earn" it all and I succumbed to the temptation. I have since exploited the hell out of this game and it's mechanics in every way I have been able and in ways that the developers most certainly did not intend, amassing a sizeable fortune much faster than any legitimate or "honest" gameplay would allow, owning the best apartment and a garage full of exotic supercars. Now in addition to being an outlaw in the game's world, I am also an outlaw for subverting the rules and restrictions the developers have placed in the game.

It's pretty interesting that my arc is similar to what I imagine the arc of so many actual criminals to be. I gave into the temptation of fast money, at the risk of being punished later on for subverting the rules of this "society". I saw cracks in the foundations of the way the system worked, and being fully aware of the repercussions I decided to risk it anyway and lever those cracks to get ahead of those who were playing honestly. I am a true GTA Online outlaw! Pile onto that the fact that this is a game where you are an actual criminal and this turns into quite a mindfuck, but an interesting one none the less.

Edit: And no, I didn't discover any of the exploits I used, I'm not trying to say "I'm so smart for figuring this poo poo out!". Just that my perspective on "earning" and getting poo poo the "easy way" was flipped on its head the same way it is for many people who end up on the wrong side of the tracks.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 11, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Falken posted:

Also, yes, I have two Futos.

Only two? Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

iamgezuzkryst posted:

This covers the method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaRafYHHrvY

I didn't have luck with the first part, but was able to skip to the second with the same results. I was doing it wrong for a while too, but it does in fact work, just mess with it for a bit.

I either don't understand this, or I can't make it work. And help? I am using a Vehicle I "own" is that the problem? (360)

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 11, 2013

• Locked thread