Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Every time I saw that I thought to myself, "The Phantasy Star screensaver".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Every time I saw that I thought to myself, "The Phantasy Star screensaver".

Nothing says mid-90's computers like the flying toaster screensaver.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Retail Slave posted:

Nothing says mid-90's computers like the flying toaster screensaver.

Hampster Dance.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pook Good Mook posted:

Hampster Dance.

When I first discovered the internet during the boom in '95, I thought the "Mr. T ate my balls" meme was the height of hilarity.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

This was the worst DOOM .wad ever.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
On the subject of 90s computer animation, Def Leppard's "Let's Get Rocked"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1uKtp35Cs

The sort of sad thing is that while it's hard to fully make out compressed streaming video but for the time the 'virtual stage' footage looks really good. It's the cartoony kid stuff in it that is scary.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
This early NSYNC music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is6gtilerPk

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Best source for awesome screensavers.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Anyone from the UK remember the Home runner VHS? Well someone finally uploaded a favourite of mine. Feast your eyes on this very english video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vLygseKlM

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I guess Elizabeth Berkley is on Dancing with the Stars, and actually sort of re-created her "I'm so excited, I'm so scared!" scene from Saved by the Bell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvcw6LQhUno

It really just comes off as more awkward than anything else.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Oct 15, 2013

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

simosimo posted:

Anyone from the UK remember the Home runner VHS? Well someone finally uploaded a favourite of mine. Feast your eyes on this very english video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vLygseKlM

"The United States and of course Holland" wait does Holland have a massive stuntmen community I'm not aware of that is just some kind of accepted fact :confused:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Gecko Hawaii shirts. Good lord these things were ugly as gently caress and I wore the same one almost every day.

I had those Converse shoes that changed color when you touched parts of them but I really wanted these shoes and never got a pair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvWTBo3TIWk

Regarding all the toonchat from a few pages, I don't recall you guys mentioning Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Action Tortoise posted:

Gecko Hawaii shirts. Good lord these things were ugly as gently caress and I wore the same one almost every day.
And they have a 3D movie in the works!

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

What the hell, is that the British version or something?

This is the one that I remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-sNZP9nyk

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Yes, the 90s were rad, and in high school in the latter half of it, we were introduced to something that completely blew our minds.

Guys, seriously, these cartoons have goddamn boobies in them. :holy:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Mazed posted:

Yes, the 90s were rad, and in high school in the latter half of it, we were introduced to something that completely blew our minds.

Guys, seriously, these cartoons have goddamn boobies in them. :holy:

They're re-releasing the series on Bluray either this year or next. It was weird to see Ranma 1/2 posters all over NYCC after not thinking about since middle school.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

On the subject of 90s computer animation, Def Leppard's "Let's Get Rocked"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt1uKtp35Cs

The sort of sad thing is that while it's hard to fully make out compressed streaming video but for the time the 'virtual stage' footage looks really good. It's the cartoony kid stuff in it that is scary.

I've heard that Joe Elliot came up with the idea for the video because the band all used to sit and watch The Simpsons in the studio while they were recording Adrenalize. Apparently, that was state of the art at the time.

The virtual stage might have made a pretty cool video on its own, as you say.

Ballin Stalin
Dec 29, 2009

by Lowtax
Speaking of Ranma 1/2, I know this is gonna border along one of those 90s kids!!! xDDDD tumblr posts, but does anyone else remember this at the end of their Pokemon VHSes back in the day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_nWjN1bFRE

Everything about it used to trip me the hell up as a kid.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
YOU. CAN. REEEEAAAAD!

The tapes came with a companion book. I watched this series front to back and my favorite one was SPACE.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

I guess Elizabeth Berkley is on Dancing with the Stars, and actually sort of re-created her "I'm so excited, I'm so scared!" scene from Saved by the Bell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvcw6LQhUno

It really just comes off as more awkward than anything else.

Just be happy she didn't recreate anything from Showgirls!

judodo
Dec 29, 2008
It's been a while since I've seen a bucket hat or surge but I'm sure people remember Surge had some sort of contest to win Surge merchandise. I won this and thought I lost it until I started doing some cleaning. I was going to pose it with a Duke Nukem mouse pad but it wouldn't retain its shaped so I'm wearing it for the picture.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

judodo posted:

It's been a while since I've seen a bucket hat or surge but I'm sure people remember Surge had some sort of contest to win Surge merchandise. I won this and thought I lost it until I started doing some cleaning. I was going to pose it with a Duke Nukem mouse pad but it wouldn't retain its shaped so I'm wearing it for the picture.

Close up the thread. Nothing is more '90s than a Surge Bucket Hat.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I saw an otherwise well-dressed, college-aged girl wearing a bright blue bucket hat with some designer logo pattern on it today :wtc:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

You guys would know. I'm planning to be the 90's for Halloween. I already have a pair of Zubaz, Tamagotchi (unfortunately the new model) and a Yomega X-Brain yoyo with authentic Yomega replacement strings. I need a shirt and hat.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Len posted:

You guys would know. I'm planning to be the 90's for Halloween. I already have a pair of Zubaz, Tamagotchi (unfortunately the new model) and a Yomega X-Brain yoyo with authentic Yomega replacement strings. I need a shirt and hat.

A bucket hat and the most hideous Bugle Boy shirt you can find. If you're going for a later 90's look, a No Fear shirt would be acceptable as well.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Len posted:

I need a shirt and hat.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
Here's some crap for Portland metro area natives: Tom Peterson's & Gloria's Too. I have no idea how these guys made enough money to have the absurd amount of ad coverage that they did. I swear this poo poo was on nearly every channel, at least once an hour.

Edit: there was this widely-spread urban legend that Annie Lennox actually got a Tom Peterson's haircut when she did a show in Portland back in the 90s. Whether there's any truth to that remains to be seen.

Radio Help has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Oct 22, 2013

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Len posted:

Instead of a hat, you should have a super long rat's tail. Also wear a Big Dog shirt, preferably the one that's parodying South Park:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Instead of a hat, you should have a super long rat's tail. Also wear a Big Dog shirt, preferably the one that's parodying South Park:

Ha, yes. I was just coming in to say a Big Dog shirt.

You could also go early 90's and do either super grunge, or like a Hypercolor (or just garishly neon orange/green/pink) t-shirt.

But I guess early 90's wouldn't mesh with the Tamagotchi.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gann Jerrod posted:

I remember I had one for Bark Wars: The Panting Menace around 1998 or so.

great_heron
Oct 1, 2011

Radio Help posted:

Here's some crap for Portland metro area natives: Tom Peterson's & Gloria's Too. I have no idea how these guys made enough money to have the absurd amount of ad coverage that they did. I swear this poo poo was on nearly every channel, at least once an hour.

Edit: there was this widely-spread urban legend that Annie Lennox actually got a Tom Peterson's haircut when she did a show in Portland back in the 90s. Whether there's any truth to that remains to be seen.
Oh man, I remember these. They always had some sort of special thing happening at their store if I remember correctly.

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
'Oh darlin', make me push my dick and balls
BACK BETWEEN MY LEGS'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkIKmwbZQk

Also, I saw it mentioned a couple times but loving Domino Rally:

Those were the three sets I had. They were always major Christmas presents and one of those even came with a little robotic car-thing that would lay the dominoes for you in a straight line. I remember it actually working as well as advertised. Every now and again, I would take over the entire kitchen and a few hours later, my family assembles to watch the great show. I would push over the first domino, we'd all 'oooh' and 'aah' for about thirty seconds seconds and then I would clean it all up and go to bed.

Also:

These were the poo poo. I had both that red car and the yellow one, and had a fantastic time slamming them into the walls and then analyzing the scene like some kind of dedicated toy detective.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Ah man, the crash test dummy car. I had that exact one. It was buckets of fun, but the problem with it was since all the wheels would fly off (as well as the limbs and heads of the figures) you eventually lost the parts over time. In the end you had a barley usable toy that stood as a monument to better times.

Also, what could be greater than playing golf with at gator?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYrc2N-m6E

And, since were on 90s commercials, don't forget to call in for your free readin' with Miss Cleo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxopPDMq7rs

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
We had the glow in the dark Domino Rally and thought life could not get any cooler.

Also you RUN, you SLIDE, you HIT THE BUMP and TAKE A DIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YZ-geHfLu0
Watch out for the Croc!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

These were the poo poo. I had both that red car and the yellow one, and had a fantastic time slamming them into the walls and then analyzing the scene like some kind of dedicated toy detective.

Hell yes. I had the black one and I loved it. I think it was the reason why I love car-damage in video games so much [BeamNG]. The figures were a real bastard once they kept falling apart though. The Crash Dummies gameboy game was also brilliant.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

simosimo posted:

The Crash Dummies gameboy game was also brilliant.

I got this game for Christmas when I was a kid and it was great. It was ALWAYS there when I wasn't in the mood to play anything else and was always rewarding. That drat space ship level was a bitch though, but a fun bitch, the Maelstrom type one.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
Je suis la jeune fille.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9i39GENWU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

You should see the CGI cartoon pilot of the Incredible Crash-Test Dummies if you haven't. It's on Youtube (originally came as a pack-in VHS tape with one of the toys, and no other release) and it's magical :allears:. I think I actually still have a plastic tub of my Crash-Test Dummies toys. I had the black car (with working air-bag!), most of the Junkbots, and the blue plane along with a fair few of the Dummies themselves.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

And, since were on 90s commercials, don't forget to call in for your free readin' with Miss Cleo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxopPDMq7rs

The best thing after seeing these as a kid was playing GTA: Vice City and hearing Miss Cleo as the Voodoo doctor.

Kind of racists and offensive, but that's GTA for you.

Edit: And of course the first GTA (and maybe GTA 2?) was from the 90's (and almost completely different...top down, even harder to control the cars, etc...) but I still had fun with it. When I was a teenager, my family didn't have a decent computer...we still had the old Gateway 2000 we got when I was maybe 8 or 9 (so from the early 90;s,) a 3x86, 4 MB of RAM, Windows 3.0, etc...

But my brother got a computer when he went to college, so when he was home on winter and summer breaks, he brought it with him and I got to play all those sweet, rad games, like the first GTA, Rebel Assault, and Command and Conquer. :allears:

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 15:25 on Oct 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abitha Denton
Jan 10, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should see the CGI cartoon pilot of the Incredible Crash-Test Dummies if you haven't. It's on Youtube (originally came as a pack-in VHS tape with one of the toys, and no other release) and it's magical :allears:. I think I actually still have a plastic tub of my Crash-Test Dummies toys. I had the black car (with working air-bag!), most of the Junkbots, and the blue plane along with a fair few of the Dummies themselves.

My brother loved these guys but that Crash Test Dummies cartoon legit gave me nightmares for years. It wasn't even the bad guys, something about the CG just terrified me as a kid. Something to do with the uncanny valley.

They also made big stuffed dolls of the crash test dummies, with their limbs attached by velcro. The legs were awesome for fighting your siblings with.

• Locked thread