Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Slayer1597 posted:

I either don't understand this, or I can't make it work. And help? I am using a Vehicle I "own" is that the problem?

I think it has to be owned or it doesn't work. It also doesn't work if you buy anything for the car then go to sell it, i.e. you have to drive in then sell straightaway.

Also not sure if the method is different on 360 as I know the stores work differently...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I was doing the Sandy Shores Survival earlier and when I died around wave 5 I noticed one of my random team mates was glitched inside a building where he could shoot people but couldn't get shot.

in the next wave I kept a close eye on him and it's hilariously easy to get in there and finish the whole survival.

If you go to the 24/7 shop that you can enter nearest the train tracks, you can use the little cacti on the right of the door to hoist yourself up into the glitched roof area.

Just did a youtube search and found a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJAOp9ImUs

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'd be careful with that money exploit further up, you might get dunced permanently or worse for it once Rockstar catches on. I imagine they have access to everyone's transaction records.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Can you throw tear gas grenades through car windshields/windows? I mean if you're outside of the car and you want to toss one into someone's car. For, y'know, reasons.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

SplitSoul posted:

I'd be careful with that money exploit further up, you might get dunced permanently or worse for it once Rockstar catches on. I imagine they have access to everyone's transaction records.

But look at it this way: everyone can boost, the GTA forums are 99% threads about farming or making faster money, and every time they think they deal with one glitch more are found that everyone promptly does.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Death matches and survival keep timing out and putting me back to single player. Is this just me or is everyone getting it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

I'm going to use it enough to get my apartment. If they didn't want me to exploit glitches they'd let me buy their stupid shark cards, which was my original plan. But it's been over a week now and they're still not up, so gently caress them.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I love when people try to rationalize using an exploit and then those same people lose their poo poo when the developer punishes them for it

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Can we start a motorcycle racing gang and call it Moto Goonzi?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Looks like some compensation for people who have played since launch :

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

Copy/paste from above :
Money in the Bank

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week.

‘Don’t Spend It All in One Place!’

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.
You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
So at Level 50, LD lets you call Muggers onto people in free roam. $1000 well spent for those shitbags that camp outside LD Customs downtown and shoot you when you drive out. Called them 3x, worked every time.

I'm mad at video games.

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
Got a 5k bounty on me from carjacking last, decide to do a runner for the airport in some sedan. At least 3 guys are chasing me within a minute, one of them was actually catching up, I think his name was godshaft or something similar.

I quickly see why, he's in an Adder. I start throwing sticky bombs out the window and trying to blow them as he drove past, and failing. Awesome little chase ensued, ending with him slamming into me as I try to corner, sending us both into uncontrollable spins. He throws and lands a perfect sticky on my car while we're both still spinning, which killed me for the bounty.

I tried to send him another 5k as a bonus for how awesome that was, but the game wouldn't let me, which sucks.
I've also managed to spend 1.16 million of the 1.2 million I've managed to make so far, heh.

Drunkmessiah
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know if this was already posted but if you complete Lester's police job where you have to blow up the police vehicles , keep the car then sell it after the mission it nets you around 11,500 ish unless they changed it. Helps lower people get some ok cash.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Cute as heck posted:

Can we start a motorcycle racing gang and call it Moto Goonzi?

Can we get the moto goonzi squad to then follow around pubbies and if they hit any of us we drag them out of their cars and pummel them?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
It's really the least they could do after all the problems, but it is still kind of awesome to do this. Going to mod the hell out of some of my rides.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

robotsinmyhead posted:

So at Level 50, LD lets you call Muggers onto people in free roam. $1000 well spent for those shitbags that camp outside LD Customs downtown and shoot you when you drive out. Called them 3x, worked every time.

I'm mad at video games.

I tried the mugger on some guy who killed me for a bounty, figuring he had money on him and wouldn’t be able to deposit it immediately, but he killed the mugger.

Lamar doesn’t give refunds like Merryweather does.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Yes! Property! Car mods! Gun upgrades! A light bulb for the attic!

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Platystemon posted:

I tried the mugger on some guy who killed me for a bounty, figuring he had money on him and wouldn’t be able to deposit it immediately, but he killed the mugger.

Lamar doesn’t give refunds like Merryweather does.

Its just one mugger? how much does it cost to call one down/what kind of weapons do they have?

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008
I just got a $15K crotch rocket and paid $25K for a crew emblem to be painted on.... and it's not showing. What's the dealio?

Btw this bike just KILLS around the bends, makes bounty hunting fun as poo poo! Any goon wants to hop on the back or have a bike of his or her own and go AKIRA on pubby bounties, you let me know!

GET ON!:unsmigghh:

Kringy fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 11, 2013

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Kringy posted:

I just got a $15K crotch rocket and paid $25K for a crew emblem to be painted on.... and it's not showing. What's the dealio?
When I (briefly) had a bike, the crew emblem was positioned on the top of fuel tank. Extremely small, I doubt you could even see it without zooming it with a scope or camera.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Kringy posted:

Btw this bike just KILLS around the bends, makes bounty hunting fun as poo poo! Any goon wants to hop on the back or have a bike of his or her own and go AKIRA on pubby bounties, you let me know!

It's sometimes really small (Elegy! :argh:), and sometimes just vanishes or reappears for no reason. But at least by dropping the 25k on it, you've now unlocked it for free on every vehicle you take to LSC in the future, so it evens out.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

VarXX posted:

I love when people try to rationalize using an exploit and then those same people lose their poo poo when the developer punishes them for it

The fact that I've seen this happen dozens of times over many games, and people don't seem to be any closer to learning is rather educational.

Seriously, if it's an online game and you've found an exploit that specifically fucks with the economy in a way that is clearly not intended, there's a good chance they're going to drop the hammer on you for abusing it. Do not do that poo poo, or at least don't throw a tantrum when it happens.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

Aishan posted:

When I (briefly) had a bike, the crew emblem was positioned on the top of fuel tank. Extremely small, I doubt you could even see it without zooming it with a scope or camera.

Icedude posted:

It's sometimes really small (Elegy! :argh:), and sometimes just vanishes or reappears for no reason. But at least by dropping the 25k on it, you've now unlocked it for free on every vehicle you take to LSC in the future, so it evens out.

Bah! I really wanted to put godlovesninja's :razz: right on the side, just blow it up and cruise with it... It's good to know atleast I won't have to buy it again for other vehicles

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If anyone decides to run Rooftop Rumble etc let me know, I'd like to get in on that.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Does anyone know where I can find a delivery van? The kind that The Lost have. Also where your crew emblem goes on it? I'm kind of disappointed in general with how the emblem appears on cars. Just a relatively small stamp on the hood. I was hoping it would take up the whole thing.

Hamare
Jul 21, 2010

Dinotron posted:

I'm really getting sick of all the overly aggressive drivers in racing matches. I'd be willing to start a Goon racing crew for PS3 if anyone would be interested. Traffic off, clear weather, no ramming or otherwise acting like an asshat, etc. Just help me come up with a crew name and I'll post it in the PGS thread.

I'd be really interested in this. I can't stand bumper cart racing. I want races to be skill based, and there are way too many noob-friendly options that punish you for being in first and reward you for having an early crash (slip streaming, rubber banding.) In pubby races, I usually end up first if I have a clean race, or last because I was run off the road, rarely in between.

One thing I do enjoy is traffic, though. As long as the lag isn't too bad, I feel it adds an extra bit of challenge and skill requirement, and it keeps me on the edge of my seat as I cannot simply memorize the track and rely on muscle memory. I'll race with it on or off though.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Should I trick out a sedan/SUV I'll conceivably have to carry goons in, or only worry about finding nice cars for myself for racing & free roam?
I don't know what the long-term plans are for free roam or using your own car in missions.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Is the body armor in ammunation just for looks? I am always wearing it but it never looks like my armor bar is filled up and I always have to buy armor for missions.

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
Well, I bought a cheapo off brand mic from Gamestop, with the PS3, I'm sure it will be just as horrible as an expensive one. If anyone in the near future plays with me and notices my mic being lovely or whatever, let me know. I don't want to be that guy.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Budget Dracula posted:

Is the body armor in ammunation just for looks? I am always wearing it but it never looks like my armor bar is filled up and I always have to buy armor for missions.

Once the armor is depleted, it still shows. You can change it out or take it off in the Inventory Menu (hold back button / select)

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Dominic White posted:

The fact that I've seen this happen dozens of times over many games, and people don't seem to be any closer to learning is rather educational.

Seriously, if it's an online game and you've found an exploit that specifically fucks with the economy in a way that is clearly not intended, there's a good chance they're going to drop the hammer on you for abusing it. Do not do that poo poo, or at least don't throw a tantrum when it happens.

The current tantrum is "they shouldn't give everyone money it's not fair to people like us who poopsocked for our money".

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011
drat. Rest in peace Dukechin. That Buzzard is a harlot leading players to the gates of Bad Sportsville.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Pubbies have not learned yet to never bring a gun to a golf club fight- nothing feels better than taking someone down with a loving gold club while they try to aim a machine gun.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ElwoodCuse posted:

The current tantrum is "they shouldn't give everyone money it's not fair to people like us who poopsocked for our money".

The poors still won’t be able to afford a tank. That’s all that matters.

I mean that both in a smug way and because the prospect of every pubbie having a tank is terrifying.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Los Santos Customs upgrades:

Is there a disadvantage to the turbo upgrade compared to the transmission/engine upgrade? They all improve acceleration, but the turbo upgrade has the largest increase in the bar while at the same time costing much less than the other two.

Also, I notice that you can max out your acceleration bar when in Los Santos Customs with just a turbo upgrade on some cars. Would upgrading the transmission, even though there is no effect on the stat bar, improve acceleration further?

Again with acceleration, I notice that this stat in particular is drastically reduced when looking at your car stats in a race with custom cars vs when looking at it in Los Santos Customs.

I assume that, since this is GTA, there is no reason to put any thought into it beyond buying all the most expensive upgrades to maximize performance and it's best to ignore all other details. I just wanted to see if I was missing something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I was doing the Sandy Shores Survival earlier and when I died around wave 5 I noticed one of my random team mates was glitched inside a building where he could shoot people but couldn't get shot.

in the next wave I kept a close eye on him and it's hilariously easy to get in there and finish the whole survival.

If you go to the 24/7 shop that you can enter nearest the train tracks, you can use the little cacti on the right of the door to hoist yourself up into the glitched roof area.

Just did a youtube search and found a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJAOp9ImUs

welp I know what I'm doing later.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Sandy Shores is probably the easiest survival mode anyway. By the red building where an armor spawns there's a dumpster to use a cover, surrounded by three walls and a roof. It's pretty much shooting at ducks from there.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I find Boneyard to be pretty easy because of the trailer next to the wall. That dumpster in Sandy Shores did not like me.

God I hope Rockstar doesn't take out those places, though. You can still be killed in them if you're not careful, and people who aren't in secure posts just drop like flies in every game I go in.

VarXX posted:

But it's a feature!

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Just caught some sneaky fucker with a bounty hiding on top of an apartment building to try and trick people into thinking he was sitting inside an apartment. Clever, very clever.

Didn't save him from chopper missiles though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Icedude posted:

Just caught some sneaky fucker with a bounty hiding on top of an apartment building to try and trick people into thinking he was sitting inside an apartment. Clever, very clever.

Clever girl. That's almost worth letting them live for.

Almost.

• Locked thread