Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Spoon Man posted:

Los Santos Customs upgrades:

I notice that you can max out your acceleration bar when in Los Santos Customs with just a turbo upgrade on some cars. Would upgrading the transmission, even though there is no effect on the stat bar, improve acceleration further?

I also would like to know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Anyone on 360 wanna trade some races? Trying to unlock cool stuff for my new sports car.

edit: oh well, i'll just do some missions for now. message me on 360 later if anyone is up to it, username same as here.

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 11, 2013

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Spoon Man posted:

Is there a disadvantage to the turbo upgrade compared to the transmission/engine upgrade? They all improve acceleration, but the turbo upgrade has the largest increase in the bar while at the same time costing much less than the other two.

Doesn't the Turbo option require you to win 50 or so times with that class of car in a race?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

Doesn't the Turbo option require you to win 50 or so times with that class of car in a race?

What's the problem?

don't think it is that many

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's 20.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
And "class" seems to just be car, bike, boat or plane.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Budget Dracula posted:

Is the body armor in ammunation just for looks? I am always wearing it but it never looks like my armor bar is filled up and I always have to buy armor for missions.

Only the heaviest armour fills up the bar completely.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Gaspar Lewis posted:

And "class" seems to just be car, bike, boat or plane.

I was under the impression that cars were split in to classes like muscle, sports, coupe, etc... I could be mistaken though.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Seymour Butts posted:

I was under the impression that cars were split in to classes like muscle, sports, coupe, etc... I could be mistake though.

Yes they are, but the "class" referenced in the unlock screen references only car/motorcycle.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
And if looks is what's worrying you can "take the armor off" in Inventory but keep the actual statistical effect of hurting less when getting shot. (The bar stays the same.)

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
What the gently caress? I just got an invite to a race, and when I got back into freeroam I'm missing 20 grand.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Good on R* for the cool half mil. My vacca was feeling lonely being the only supercar in my garage. Think I'll snag an Infernus 'cause those things are pimp.

Can confirm having spectators replay missions. Was able to squeak a couple extra Mixed Up runs with it last night.

Wish more people would do parachuting. poo poo's fun.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm entitled to that payout from R*. It's almost exactly the amount I lost in the abyss of the cloud servers, plus a little extra for pain and suffering.

Right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So what are the high end apartments or properties I should be looking at? I've got just shy of 200k at this point.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Lotish posted:

So what are the high end apartments or properties I should be looking at? I've got just shy of 200k at this point.

All the apartments above 200k have the same interior, you're just paying for different views. I'd save up much more money though, the $300+ apartments have the best views and if you ever want to upgrade you lose half your investment

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Wait, did Rockstar give everyone $500,000? Does this mean I can finally move out of my car and into an apartment? :allears:

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

robotsinmyhead posted:

I'm entitled to that payout from R*. It's almost exactly the amount I lost in the abyss of the cloud servers, plus a little extra for pain and suffering.

Right?

Maybe it's just me, but for me, $500,000 is a fine settlement for losing a level 21 character.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Seymour Butts posted:

Wait, did Rockstar give everyone $500,000? Does this mean I can finally move out of my car and into an apartment? :allears:

No, you'll get 250k soon and another 250k before the end of the month.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Icedude posted:

Just caught some sneaky fucker with a bounty hiding on top of an apartment building to try and trick people into thinking he was sitting inside an apartment. Clever, very clever.

Didn't save him from chopper missiles though :v:

I like doing this with some of the downtown stores, the big ones where people can't generally see your helicopter on the roof. Pubbies will gather and kill each other trying to get my sweet, sweet delicious bounty. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

I was also just thinking recently, you know how in singleplayer when you light a gas trail with exhaust flames you don't get a wanted level? Does it avoid bad sports points to do the same thing with player's cars? Or driving/dropping into the ocean, etc?

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Brasseye posted:

Its just one mugger? how much does it cost to call one down/what kind of weapons do they have?

I was standing on one of those tiny little islands off the shore when some mugger ran up on me out of nowhere and knifed me in the back. Too bad I'd just deposited all my cash via cell phone. :smug: Not sure if it was because I had armor on or whatever, but it failed to kill me. I guess there's an achievement for killing him and getting your money back, if he managed to steal any.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Donuts and lighting AFK pubs ablaze; AWCO best co.

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye
I'm not very good at making money in this game, I am good at having fun though. Just spent the last two hours dicking around with a cargobob in a full session. That veichle is fantastic!

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

any colour you like posted:

I'm not very good at making money in this game, I am good at having fun though. Just spent the last two hours dicking around with a cargobob in a full session. That veichle is fantastic!

It really is and it pisses me off that it's nearly impossible for level 50+ people to find them on their own. If you fly over the military base and get some stars a cargobob spawns in the air but after calling Lester to remove my wanted level it never landed after 10+ minutes of following it around the map. It was a major cocktease too, the fucker kept making its way from the airport to the city heli base to the Merryweather dock near the airport over and over.

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

AaronB posted:

drat. Rest in peace Dukechin. That Buzzard is a harlot leading players to the gates of Bad Sportsville.
I really don't understand the purpose of armed Buzzards and Rhinos in freeroam. They let you have them but you practically have to be a bad sport in order to use them (or only shoot people on foot/pray they are in a stolen car). SURELY they will tweak the bad sport system at some point.

Also - why the hell do they let you enter passive mode when you have a bounty on your head? That's horseshit. Thanks to this thread I knew I could park on them and kill them. Seriously, a $7k bounty and they could just sit there and laugh? Not on my watch.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I just got the "You've been kicked by other players" message* in an Invite Only session with just me in it. When I finally get to log back in all my money and cars are gone.

Granted, I only had four cars with no mods and about 20k, but still, I'm a bit pissed off.

e: not only that, but the Insurance company number has been removed from my phone, so i can't even get a replacement starter car. I had a Lampadati Felon :(

*Which I know is the standard disconnected message.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Dammit Rockstar. What the gently caress am I meant to do with a vehicle I don't want anymore that sells for over $50k? That's a nice money-sink for when they relaunch the cash-cards :v:
Here, buy some expensive cars with money you paid :10bux: for. Don't want that car anymore? WHOOPS hahahahaha.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Croccers posted:

Dammit Rockstar. What the gently caress am I meant to do with a vehicle I don't want anymore that sells for over $50k? That's a nice money-sink for when they relaunch the cash-cards :v:
Here, buy some expensive cars with money you paid :10bux: for. Don't want that car anymore? WHOOPS hahahahaha.

50k is peanuts, quit your bitching. Thanks.

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010
Alright. Anyone want to grind some races? I need performance mods for my muscle cars drat it!

PSN: SgtWheelman

Yes I do have a mic.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Croccers posted:

*spends a ton of money on a car*

*can't get full price when selling it*

ROCKSTAR IS loving US AGAIN

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
When I want a correct call, I don't consult a line judge. I call the Tennis Police.

loving immigrants, coming here taking our imaginary dildo repair jobs!

I'm here to check your papers.

Thanks to these goons for posing with me last night.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
I want my drat heists. They were easily the best part of the single player game.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Knightmare posted:

Well you probably should be able to sell the ones that you actually purchase yourself.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knightmare posted:

No, you can’t get anything at all for selling it, even the 10% you get from selling stolen cars.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Spoon Man posted:

Los Santos Customs upgrades:

Is there a disadvantage to the turbo upgrade compared to the transmission/engine upgrade? They all improve acceleration, but the turbo upgrade has the largest increase in the bar while at the same time costing much less than the other two.

Also, I notice that you can max out your acceleration bar when in Los Santos Customs with just a turbo upgrade on some cars. Would upgrading the transmission, even though there is no effect on the stat bar, improve acceleration further?

Again with acceleration, I notice that this stat in particular is drastically reduced when looking at your car stats in a race with custom cars vs when looking at it in Los Santos Customs.

I assume that, since this is GTA, there is no reason to put any thought into it beyond buying all the most expensive upgrades to maximize performance and it's best to ignore all other details. I just wanted to see if I was missing something.

The turbo makes cool sounds, and I believe the engine upgrades are what causes your car to backfire every time you let off the throttle. So you definitely want both.

FoglyOgly
Sep 23, 2009
Stupid question that's probably been answered elsewhere: if you buy aircraft or boats, where do they go?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
All those car stat sliders are incorrect. Not that they aren't useful on stock cars to gauge the basic performance of one car to the next, but when you upgrade a car, it changes different things.

Pegging out the ACCEL stat doesn't seem to do ALL that much, and despite not changing other stats, you'll probably notice it.

Woozey
Feb 20, 2011

RIGHT NOW MY POTENTIAL IS LITERALLY THAT OF A WORM
You call up, pay $1000 and they get delivered nearby, or so I hear.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET PUBBIE

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Kringy posted:

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET PUBBIE

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU gently caress A STRANGER IN THE rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
I really don't want that 500,000$, it just cheapens everything I've done to make money up until now. Why did I do all those jobs and missions when I could have just messed around in free roam all this time and had the same amount of money? My character never got deleted and I never had any problems getting online, I really don't need reparation.

• Locked thread