Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was in that exact spot and I didn't find poo poo

You have to upgrade the Mega Ring in the post game before you can find the hidden Mega Stones. Also, you can only find them between 8pm and 9pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

We have any information about MegaAlakazam as regards to Typing and Ability?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I'm going to get on the bus at 9ish tomorrow, go pick up my copy at 10, and then head to work at 11. Come 12/12:30, I'll be free to get my game on.

I'm so hyped.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Awww yeah! just got my copy of Y a day early and for only £1 after trading a bunch of stuff in! Kick rear end, I can't wait for my pokemon journey to begin!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Oh, Pin Missle is 25BP now. Mega Heracross makes a bit more sense?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Mega Mewtwo X. Literally just caught it, so no EVs and a Docile nature:

Psychic -> Psychic/Fighting

Attack: 180 -> 292
Defence: 152 -> 166
Sp. Attack: 236 -> 236
Sp. Defence: 152 -> 166
Speed: 194 -> 194

That attack. :stare:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

HeyItsAyls posted:

That's fantastic and hilarious and :catstare:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Pokemon speedrunner and angry Australian extraordinaire Werster is streaming his first playthrough at the moment "until he passes out": http://www.twitch.tv/werster

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Crosscontaminant posted:

Voltenso is Manectric, so Voltensollt is Manectrite.

Maybe every old pokemon that is also version exclusive gets a mega form?

In that case it is probably going to be nigh-on impossible for me to pick between Mega Starmie and Mega Cloyster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Pokemon speedrunner and angry Australian extraordinaire Werster is streaming his first playthrough at the moment "until he passes out": http://www.twitch.tv/werster

It looks like he has a sped up battle option selected, and its pretty fast. That is good for those who are wondering.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Klungar posted:

We have any information about MegaAlakazam as regards to Typing and Ability?
It's on Serebii - retains Psychic type, gains Trace.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This might piss some people off b/c he's skipping dialogue quickly, no battle animations, not catching all the pokemon, etc. Just as a warning.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Previous Jesus posted:

Now there just needs to be Mega Unown so my Shiny Unown A can be the star he was always destined to be. :getin:

They should turn into their equivalent Greek character. Pi Unown :getin:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm loving how fast battles are when you turn everything off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

They should turn into their equivalent Greek character. Pi Unown :getin:

That's just silly. Clearly they'd become capitalized :colbert:.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the daycare affect a Pokemon's EVs at all in generation V?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Does the daycare affect a Pokemon's EVs at all in generation V?

No.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What pokemon can be used as mounts?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

None, by the definition you're implicitly using. Skiddo, Rhyhorn and Mamoswine can be ridden in specific areas to cross particular obstacles, and I believe Gogoat can be used to get around Lumiose?

Crosscontaminant fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 11, 2013

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
I went out and bought a 3DS LL today naively thinking I'd be able to download and play this at midnight, but 30 minutes in and the bar hasn't moved at all. Oh well, see you in the morning Pokemon!

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Has it been confirmed at all how early you can get Pancham?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crosscontaminant posted:

None, by the definition you're implicitly using. Skiddo, Rhyhorn and Mamoswine can be ridden in specific areas to cross particular obstacles, and I believe Gogoat can be used to get around Lumiose?

Darn, maybe in future sequels they let you ride certain pokemon that you capture.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

THE SKY IS FALLING.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy

Nickname Pending posted:

Has it been confirmed at all how early you can get Pancham?

Super early, before the 2nd gym or so.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Crosscontaminant posted:

THE SKY IS FALLING.

フレアドライブ!? wwwwwwwww

(it's flare blitz, y'all)

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Crosscontaminant posted:

THE SKY IS FALLING.

There are plenty of Fire moves with 15 PP. Fire Fang has 15 PP.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Crosscontaminant posted:

THE SKY IS FALLING.

For those of us who can't read Japanese?

VV So its all everyone's ever wanted then?

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 11, 2013

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Flareon learns Flare Blitz.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Oh that's pretty neat

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe

Crosscontaminant posted:

THE SKY IS FALLING.

It's about drat time it could learn Flare Blitz. Too bad it's still poo poo.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crosscontaminant posted:

THE SKY IS FALLING.

Even if that is whst you want it to be, Flareon will always be a slow, frail, useless piece of poo poo.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

So those "Turn Normal into X type" abilities are pretty cool, with Quilladin getting one shot by an ice type Take Down :allears:.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

HeyItsAyls posted:

Sweet Pokeballs, it's become a world breaker. Nothing short of Arceus going mega could stop that monster.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

qnqnx posted:

Even if that is whst you want it to be, Flareon will always be a slow, frail, useless piece of poo poo.

Let the Flareon users have their moment in the sun.

Vaporeon supremacy :smug:

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
Small innocuous detail that I neglected to comment on: there's a new item called a pixie plate. arceus reminded me of that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Geostomp posted:

Sweet Pokeballs, it's become a world breaker. Nothing short of Arceus going mega could stop that monster.

He's still slower than Deoxys-A, N and S and doesn't hit as hard as they do because they can actually use items.

I don't think Mega evolutions are going to be as scary as people think. Mega Alakazam, for instance, is almost certainly not going to be as good as Magic Guard Alakazam with a Life Orb etc.

Tons of regular pokemon are still going to curbstomp them, if only because they can use things like Choice items (which are a bigger boost than any Mega form we know of bar Mawile).

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
I am still unable to find any of these supposedly random postgame Mega Stones and I'm kinda bummed about it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mercury Crusader posted:

Let the Flareon users have their moment in the sun.

Vaporeon supremacy :smug:
Umbreon here. Suck my Foul Play.

Actually Umbreon's my second-favorite, I just wanted to be contrary.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy

Kanpachi posted:

I am still unable to find any of these supposedly random postgame Mega Stones and I'm kinda bummed about it.

Did you upgrade your dumb mega bracelet thing? Also apparently it's time dependant. 8-9 PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I actually think Sylveon is my favorite evolution for Evee. Though I'm not a big fan of Evee in the first place.

I like the flesh Ribbons :v:

• Locked thread