Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

When you pause the game you can't be hurt at all in game. Someone tried to get a bounty on me, I killed him three times and blew up his personal car then he got me through auto aim and then he just stood there when I tried to kill him again. He was paused so I couldn't get him. He eventually quit before I put a bounty and mercenaries on him.

If you're in a car you can be killed when your car blows up, even while paused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
If your paused, you can't be hurt from physics injury either?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mr Fixit posted:

Even after the quick restart nerf, at level 60, I'm still able to grind "base invaders" for good money. Ron only gives me one mission, so there is no chance I wont get it, and the mission start/end points are the same place. Its only added about a minute to my completion times.

You can solo it on easy in about 7 mins round trip, with minimal RP awarded, or set it to hard, and use one of the lazers in the base to clear everything out. This takes longer, but is worth far more RPs, since you will be killing around 100 soldiers on the ground in addition to the end of mission RP rewards.

It's no rooftop rumble, but still very good money and exp.

What console are you on? I need some high level people to drag my new character up.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lotish posted:

Then donate the money to someone else?

Goon charity.

I promise I will build a Hot Dog Shack by Sandy Shores if you all give me your Rockstar monies.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Hexer. That motorcycle is called a Hexer, not a Hexen. Didn't you ever learn to read cursive in grade school?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is deleting old updates going to help with someone getting disconnected every 10 minutes or so? Are people noticing their port settings (open/closed) making a big difference?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Spoon Man posted:

That should only take 100 (or 200) in-game days to accomplish at $5,000 per day (or 2 days).

hey man, I never said it'd be easy but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Wow, can someone test this out with me??

quote:

Okay. I'm deciding to release this. I have hosted enough and will allow it to become public.

1. Host criminal record
2. Turn catch up off. Custom vehicle on. Traffic on and wanted level on.
3. Change split times to personal time not world record.
4. Set laps to 3
5. Invite players in. Works best with two because it's quicker.
6. When you complete a lap you will get a big white bar of rp. Around 1.5 bars no matter your level hen you get. 1k for going through checkpoints and 1.4k for finishing first. In total around 7k rp a race.

Lunethex on PSN, come do this with me, hopefully it works.

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

poo poo, sorry for wasting you earlier, Hakim_am. Totally not intended, I hosed up like a champ reading the radar blips. :downsgun:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lunethex posted:

I'm up for trying this on 360 (GT: Jacs Noodle Boy)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I promise I will build a Hot Dog Shack by Sandy Shores if you all give me your Rockstar monies.

How many purple dinosaurs will it have?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Sometimes I love the accidental little bits of perfect timing. Bought the $391k apartment, and then went straight to the nearest clothes store to buy some new attire to match it. Turned out to be Ponsonby's so, of course, I bought a full suit because why wouldn't I? Immediately after doing so, I got the Snappy Dresser award. :allears:

e;

Lunethex posted:

If you still need someone for this, I just sent you a friend request.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 11, 2013

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Whoever my Stairs clanmate in the Mini Cooper was who killed me in freeroam like five times, thanks a lot.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The more players is likely the better, better reward for all of us I would reckon about to test it with Dragon be back in a bit.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm up for trying this on 360 (GT: Jacs Noodle Boy)

I'd be up for trying this later on as well.

Like, six hours from now if anyone will be around at that time. GT: PriorMarcus

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Hatbox Ghost posted:

How many purple dinosaurs will it have?

For each 250k donated I will paint one (1) purple and one (1) green dinosaur on the roof and sides.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
If you put a crew logo onto something like a car or a shirt, and then later update your crew logo, does the logo update on the thing you put it on, or does it stick as the old one?

I assume it updates since it probably pulls the latest logo when you log in. But if it doesn't you could set up a nice fleet of different cars, or have some variety in those t-shirts or sports jackets.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Whoever my Stairs clanmate in the Mini Cooper was who killed me in freeroam like five times, thanks a lot.
If you couldn't be assed to read their name, how can we be sure they were even in STRS?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Lunethex posted:

If anyone is doing this on PS3, I'd be game for trying it.

PSN: FrontlineKhan

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I've gone deep down into the car collecting rabbit hole. 10 cars is no longer enough. :saddowns:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Lunethex posted:

Oh God why am I at work

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Harmonica posted:

If you put a crew logo onto something like a car or a shirt, and then later update your crew logo, does the logo update on the thing you put it on, or does it stick as the old one?

I assume it updates since it probably pulls the latest logo when you log in. But if it doesn't you could set up a nice fleet of different cars, or have some variety in those t-shirts or sports jackets.

There can be a bit of lag time, but it will eventually update.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I told a pubby how to get the sheriff SUV and we rolled around lighting up other pubbies yelling "THIS IS THE LSPD, STOP DOING CRIMES IMMEDIATELY."

Then I went to get a respray and blew 25k on my crew colors for it because I thought it would be free like the other colors. Welp

edit: looking for a goon crew! I can lose cops like I'm getting paid for it I'm valuable

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

GruntyThrst posted:

I've gone deep down into the car collecting rabbit hole. 10 cars is no longer enough. :saddowns:

I need at least one car for every land vehicle race category. Then I need one car for every mood I'm in for casual driving. Then various crew friendly cars.

That's at least 50 cars.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Can you get the 500k whenever? I dont have live right now and won't for a while, but I've already played GTAO.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is it weird that at this point I still can't get into any events? I always get into free roam just fine, but I am yet to not be dropped at the last second while in a lobby. I still haven't been able to play the first deathmatch event that is 15 minutes into the game.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Still can't find an answer to this, help :(

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I' really confused as to how to play with other goons. I only see the option "Join Crew Members," which doesn't work, and if I go to Crews where it lists everyone online in the crew, clicking "join session" or "invite" both say Disabled.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Why are mission selections so out of whack?

I haven't seen a survival mission pop up as a vote choice until now, at rank 11. I really prefer the PvE missions over the PvP ones that seem to be like 99% of the voting choices after a mission.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

NESguerilla posted:

Is it weird that at this point I still can't get into any events? I always get into free roam just fine, but I am yet to not be dropped at the last second while in a lobby. I still haven't been able to play the first deathmatch event that is 15 minutes into the game.

Is this still a problem if you host a game?

Away all Goats posted:

I haven't seen a survival mission pop up as a vote choice until now, at rank 11. I really prefer the PvE missions over the PvP ones that seem to be like 99% of the voting choices after a mission.

Survivals unlock at rank 15, so you'll only see them if you're in a lobby with someone else who can access them. You can join them freely, but they won't appear without (in my experience) a high enough level host. After you get into a survival, you can host it by hitting replay if the original host leaves, even if you're underranked.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats posted:

All the missions in the vote choices are races or PVP/Survival of some sort. None of them are the co-op missions.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

Did you notice the "Requires Rank 15 (you are rank 11)" in the Survival lobby? Your host was Rank +15 or else it wouldn't be possible to show up. Just rank up to 15 and host your own* at will from freemode.

*Pause | Online | Job List | Survival
You don't even need to find it on your map.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lotish posted:

Is this still a problem if you host a game?

I haven't tried. I have a pretty crap internet connection until next week so I was worried about being a lovely host. I was trying to figure out if it was my connection or GTA online. I don't get any lag in free roam though.

Salmon, the Wise Fish
Jun 28, 2004
Anybody wanna do some base invaders with me (or rooftop rumble if you have it)? I can't even finish the drat thing with pubbies.

I'm on now
GT: Memory Machine

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
Are there any rules to putting bounties on someone? Some dipstick pubbie kept killing me while I was getting tatoos and I tried to put a bounty on him and his name wasn't in the list. Taking justice into my own hands, I hunted him down and he was in a Mini, I was in a Sandking. I won.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

PaganGoatPants posted:

All the missions in the vote choices are races or PVP/Survival of some sort. None of them are the co-op missions.

That survival mission popped up in the voting selection, I guess the host picked it specifically? I'm almost positive I've seen other coop missions I've voted on there before, one of the 'retrieve the drug package and bring it to my place' missions.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

That survival mission popped up in the voting selection, I guess the host picked it specifically? I'm almost positive I've seen other coop missions I've voted on there before, one of the 'retrieve the drug package and bring it to my place' missions.

For some reason the Survival missions show up but the other ones you're talking about are multi team objective modes like Cops and Robbers in GTAIV.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

There are "Missions" in the voting selection and there are "Missions" that you get on your phone. There is zero crossover between the two mission types.

Darkness5780
Apr 22, 2010
So how does everyone plan to spend their $500k that Rockstar plans to give?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Darkness5780 posted:

So how does everyone plan to spend their $500k that Rockstar plans to give?

Hot dogs. Oh and it will be the extra bump I need to get an Adder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fitz posted:

Are there any rules to putting bounties on someone? Some dipstick pubbie kept killing me while I was getting tatoos and I tried to put a bounty on him and his name wasn't in the list. Taking justice into my own hands, I hunted him down and he was in a Mini, I was in a Sandking. I won.

I had a weird encounter with a dude yesterday. He had a 7000 dollar bounty on his head when I spawned into the server. I started to drive off to do my thing, and he chased me down along the highway. I crashed off my bike over the edge of a bridge, landing beneath it (quick way to get to cover--yeah, I totally planned that ahead of time) and he stopped like he couldn't figure out where I went. Then he drove down the off ramp from the bridge and just...sat there, like he couldn't understand what was happening. So I popped his skull with a sniper rifle and pocketed his bounty.

How do you get a 7000 dollar bounty and act like that? Was he trying to welcome me to his server by offering his life?

• Locked thread