Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

William Hurt is not nearly as embarrassing as my most consistent error, which is calling Seven "Colin McCoy," which I guess would most accurately be Sylvester in the Colin wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
The First Doctor episodes (up until they started declaring them "Episode One/Two") did have "Next Week's Episode: THE EDGE OF DESTRUCTION" before the ending credits.

Speaking of which, I'm amazed the DVD chapter previews for Logopolis spoil the Fourth Doctor's regeneration.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LEAVE ME ALONE GUYS I WAS TIRED MY DAD GOT HURT REAL BAD YESTERDAY AND I DIDN'T SLEEP.

Geeze!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rhyno posted:

LEAVE ME ALONE GUYS I WAS TIRED MY DAD GOT WILLIAM HURT REAL BAD YESTERDAY AND I DIDN'T SLEEP.

Geeze!

Sorry to hear it man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

Sorry to hear it man.

I hate you.

He's fine now, sitting at home with 5 broken ribs and a wicked bruise on his hip. He fell off a ladder and missed a concrete slab by inches. Dude's stressing me out!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Rhyno posted:

I hate you.

He's fine now, sitting at home with 5 broken ribs and a wicked bruise on his hip. He fell off a ladder and missed a concrete slab by inches. Dude's stressing me out!

Yeesh :gonk: Hope your pops gets well soon!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I hate you.

Seriously though that sounds awful, and I'm glad it wasn't worse. I hope he gets better soon man.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I always assumed the TO BE CONTINUED was paying homage to Back to the Future since it did that at the end (at least in the VHS release) and there's the entire time travel thing. That's how RTD's brain works.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I hate you.

Sorry to hear it! I hope he has a speedy and comfortable convalescence and that things return to normal in the Rhyno family.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ditto the well wishes. Hope the found Second Doctor stories and the hopefully more to come puts him in good spirits.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I can't remember the episode off the top of my head, but there's at least one Patrick Troughton one where he addresses the audience (not part of the episode; it was shown prior, I think) to tell the kiddies that this week's episode is really scary, and their mums and dads might get really scared, so they might want to take hold of mummy or daddy's hand to reassure them. :3:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ms Boods posted:

I can't remember the episode off the top of my head, but there's at least one Patrick Troughton one where he addresses the audience (not part of the episode; it was shown prior, I think) to tell the kiddies that this week's episode is really scary, and their mums and dads might get really scared, so they might want to take hold of mummy or daddy's hand to reassure them. :3:

Well that's just made my friday night.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Ms Boods posted:

This I've got to see. Anyone got any idea which episode this is?

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

Pizdec posted:

This I've got to see. Anyone got any idea which episode this is?

I've never heard of it before and I seriously doubt it exists.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Ms Boods posted:

I don't even care if this isn't a reliable memory. :3:

I was lucky enough that we had my nephews and niece staying over when "Blink" was first shown. They were 8, 9 and 10 (ish) at the time. That was a truly great experience, watching it through their eyes as well as my own.

TheHoodedClaw fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 11, 2013

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Twisted Perspective posted:

I've never heard of it before and I seriously doubt it exists.

It's not part of an episode; sorry my memory's shoddy but I seem to recall reading it years back -- it was something done up to be shown prior to one of the episodes. Now I've got to look it up because it's driving me batty trying to remember where I read it. It was probably in one of those celebration books from yonks back, but it stuck with me.

As Twisted Perspective mentions, it probably doesn't exist alas.

Still, the WNJS footage of PT calling Colin Baker Miss Piggy still survives, and that's fine by me.

Found the reference! Yay, it had to do with Web of Fear of all things

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/getting-to-know-who-the-missing-episodes-the-web-of-fear/

Scroll down to 'why it's worth a watch.'

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 11, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I used Blink to scare my now girlfriend into staying the night on our 4th date.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

Rhyno posted:

I used Blink to scare my now girlfriend into staying the night on our 4th date.

Scandalous! Half my enjoyment of this thread is watching your red text change Rhyno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ProfessorLoomis posted:

Scandalous! Half my enjoyment of this thread is watching your red text change Rhyno.

I had a new Archer themed avatar to put into play but this one is hilarious.

I mean, everyone knows I was just trolling right? I'm not serious about this in any way, you guys figured that out weeks ago right?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I hate you.

Did your father turn into Peter Davison?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

Did your father turn into Peter Davison?

With my luck he'd regenerate into Graham Norton.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rhyno posted:

With my luck he'd regenerate into Graham Norton.

Or a woman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

Or a woman.

So like I said, Graham Norton.

Edit: I AM JOKING I AM AWARE OF GRAHAM NORTON'S PENIS.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ms Boods posted:

I remember reading about something like that; in the scenario I heard about, they were getting a bit of stick for the stories being too scary for kids so someone on the production staff (it might have been Hinchcliffe, but I'm not sure) had a letter printed in Radio Times in which they advised kids to watch with their parents in case mum and dad were frightened.

I think it was in the information text for one of the Holmes/Hinchcliffe era serials, possibly "The Brain Of Morbius", or possibly a Pertwee story.

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012

Ms Boods posted:

Found the reference! Yay, it had to do with Web of Fear of all things
I've never been so upset at not being able to find something on the Internette.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Metal Loaf posted:

I remember reading about something like that; in the scenario I heard about, they were getting a bit of stick for the stories being too scary for kids so someone on the production staff (it might have been Hinchcliffe, but I'm not sure) had a letter printed in Radio Times in which they advised kids to watch with their parents in case mum and dad were frightened.

I think it was in the information text for one of the Holmes/Hinchcliffe era serials, possibly "The Brain Of Morbius", or possibly a Pertwee story.

I read about it too, but I can't recall the context.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Spoiler pics ahoy!
http://observationdeck.io9.com/new-pics-from-sfx-magazine-give-a-teeny-peek-at-the-day-1444358299/@laurendavis

That's SFX magazine, not SEX magazine...

"Ok boys, now look SERIOUS!"

Great look at Doctor Hurt's costume and the Real 9th Doctor's sonic screwdriver!

It really does seem like they went for a straight up "in between" costume between 8 and Other 9:

The waistcoat Hurt is wearing and watch chain are stylistically like 8's though a different color. And of course a fob watch has taken on a whole new meaning in the new series, but in this case perhaps a fob watch is just a fob watch.

The jacket is not to dissimilar to this:

If not quite the same. It's hard to tell. Interestingly it's also not too far off from:

Astroman fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 13, 2013

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Pizdec posted:

I've never been so upset at not being able to find something on the Internette.

Someone actually did a CG recreation using the original audio. It's pretty awesome, hopefully the group will make more videos in the same vein. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRBWOTFNotM

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Putting the OLD under John Hurt is just mean.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Putting the OLD under John Hurt is just mean.

They also put "GOING" under Smith. Perhaps there is also some bizarre relevance to placing "FOR" under Tennant, as well.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Emerson Cod posted:

Someone actually did a CG recreation using the original audio. It's pretty awesome, hopefully the group will make more videos in the same vein.

Doctor Who: Foodfight

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Metal Loaf posted:

They also put "GOING" under Smith. Perhaps there is also some bizarre relevance to placing "FOR" under Tennant, as well.

Code for his scene with Tom Baker halfway through the episode. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Astroman posted:

Code for his scene with Tom Baker halfway through the episode. :allears:

They are going to replace him with a wax statue?

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Some new Day of the Doctor images (including a couple that were in SFX):

Nice to see 10's TARDIS again, I wonder if they just went to the Doctor Who Experience and filmed it there?

(from http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/tagged/the-day-of-the-doctor)

Tomtrek fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 16, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tomtrek posted:

Some new Day of the Doctor images (including a couple that were in SFX):

Nice to see 10's TARDIS again, I wonder if they just went to the Doctor Who Experience and filmed it there?

(from http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/tagged/the-day-of-the-doctor)

I'm fairly certain that's what they did for the Doctor's Wife.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

It owns that they have a near perfect replica/original old set that they kept around as a museum piece and also use it every now and again for filming. :allears: Now if only they'd do that for the Adventures in Space and Time set...

Seeing the pics of these guys together is getting me really excited about the episode. If the other thread speculation that Hurt might be an older McGann is true, I'm going to be very upset. Don't ruin this for me, Moffat!! :argh:

Though in theory if 8's TARDIS was really 7's, 8 could have changed it around after the movie to look like we saw it in Rose and 9 and 10 just kept it the same. So we could be seeing 10 meeting 8 in his TARDIS.

I hate how much sense this is starting to make. :sigh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Those ankle cover things are so awesome. Gives the whole costume a very WW2-esque feel, which I'm sure was intentional.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Astroman posted:

If the other thread speculation that Hurt might be an older McGann is true, I'm going to be very upset. Don't ruin this for me, Moffat!! :argh:
Wait but do Time Lords age? The doctor claimed to have been pottering about for 200 years in the first Silence episode, and nothing that happened later seemed to contradict him. But the Master aged him with a laser screwdriver in the episode where the Master was prime minister. I'm sure there have been other reference but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

2house2fly posted:

Wait but do Time Lords age? The doctor claimed to have been pottering about for 200 years in the first Silence episode, and nothing that happened later seemed to contradict him. But the Master aged him with a laser screwdriver in the episode where the Master was prime minister. I'm sure there have been other reference but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

They do, it is just much slower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

2house2fly posted:

They do, but only after they've regenerated, and bump into themselves at anniversary specials.

• Locked thread