Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just heard about Mega Alakazam. He's my favorite pokemon so seeing him get a Mega form is really cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Luvdisc. :colbert:

Luvdisc is awesome because it is love.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I kinda pictured Mega Snorlax being the Anti-Snorlax with some sort of ability that "wakes" him up, increases his agility rapidly, and gives him a new moveset.

Like a sort of Mega Choji from Naruto?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We actually have seen Mega Snorlax already, take a look at this natural evolution.

And now

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I kinda pictured Mega Snorlax being the Anti-Snorlax with some sort of ability that "wakes" him up, increases his agility rapidly, and gives him a new moveset.

I was thinking it would be interesting if Mega Snorlax had a forme change thing going on like Aegisslash, shifting from sleeping and wrecking mons while awake.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Luvdisc is now the pokemon you get when you use an old rod so even game freak admits it's a piece of poo poo.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
Sitting at work, hating on Australia and Asia goons. I have to wait until tomorrow morning because every gamestop in my district is like lol gently caress you pokemon fans. :negative:

E: autocorrect fix.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The Store opens in half an hour. How disgusting can I dress. I'm thinking Sweatpants + Wifebeater

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Too bad mega evolutions don't change movesets, huh?

Actually some might. Since the initial release we've known the mega-forms give access to new moves some times (Mega Kangaskahn gets Power-Up Punch for example.)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Solus posted:

The Store opens in half an hour. How disgusting can I dress. I'm thinking Sweatpants + Wifebeater

Top it off with some Crocs

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Solus posted:

Needs rubber sandals/flip flops. Make sure the sweatpants and wifebeater are copiously stained. 5 o'clock shadow preferable but ultimately unnecessary. Do not comb hair.

Previous Jesus posted:

It's msavery4@gmail.com. Thanks!

Previous, check ur emails.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Chimeric posted:

Top it off with some Crocs

I don't own Crocs. Gonna have to wear my Batman Jandals

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Actually some might. Since the initial release we've known the mega-forms give access to new moves some times (Mega Kangaskahn gets Power-Up Punch for example.)

How does this work? Does the new move overwrite one of its existing moves temporarily?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Are you sure it can only get it while mega?
Also, that's going to be a nice one to use while mega.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Power up Punch is a TM though

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Mega Manectric is like someone at Gamefreak saw all those posts I made last thread about Mega Evolutions just being a haphazardly designed pike of spikes, and decided to make fun of me by making a Mega Pokémon that is just a single giant spike.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Mega Manecrtic looks like a graphical glitch.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Just got in from work and managed to play (it came right as I had to leave :argh:). Goddamn is this game beautiful. I love the art style, everything looks really crisp. All the little animations each pokémon has (especially for things like tackle) are awesome :3:

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Snorlax already has a fantastic movepool, though. Return/Double Edge/Body Slam for STAB, Crunch, Earthquake and all three elemental punches for coverage. The only thing an "awake" Mega Snorlax would really want is Swords Dance and maybe priority.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Just got in from work and managed to play (it came right as I had to leave :argh:). Goddamn is this game beautiful. I love the art style, everything looks really crisp. All the little animations each pokémon has (especially for things like tackle) are awesome :3:

How is the music? We've heard some clips from the promo vids and I think there are a couple low-quality rips on youtube, but none of the leakers mentioned it.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
So is all the date breaking happening places other than the US?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Stalgren posted:

A friend of mine from Sweden (he's also a goon but I think he's too busy playing to post) got the game today, so it's safe to presume yes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Slate Action posted:

How does this work? Does the new move overwrite one of its existing moves temporarily?

qnqnx posted:

Are you sure it can only get it while mega?
Also, that's going to be a nice one to use while mega.

No idea, I'm just going by the wording the official site and statements have made. The talk about specifically Mega-X using move Y.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Solumin posted:

How is the music? We've heard some clips from the promo vids and I think there are a couple low-quality rips on youtube, but none of the leakers mentioned it.

It's the first time I've really put the music on since like R/B, but it sounds really really good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Stalgren posted:

Pretty much. Nintendo (and all the game makers for that matter) have really clamped down on street dates in conjunction with the retailers. Even the K-Mart in the bad part of town has a modern internet connected system that blocks the sale.

E: Also, the Spanish have the 12th off for Columbus day, so they released earlier and since that's one big region, they can't really stop it.

Jun 23, 2010

unfortunately there is not a single place in the bay area that i can think of that would be willing to break the street date early. oh well.

i'm contemplating whether or not to just transfer my gamestop pre-order to another gamestop that is doing a midnight launch tonight.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Update: Azurill is god drat adorable

Also the Habitat dex doesn't seem to be in this, unless it comes as an upgrade later.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Oh my god Mega Manectric what is WRONG with you.

Still totally psyched to get this, though!!!

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Welp, just spent the last hour collecting all the already discovered Mega Stones, then trying to find Mawilite. No luck. :(

I swear, if Mawile's is an event I'll be pissed. I caught a Mawile early on and it's now level 80, and I just want to let it Mega Evolve.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Cool feature: your pokémon's sprites show up on the LCD screen behind Nurse Joy when they get healed.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.
How the christ did they make Manectric look even stupider than it already did?

That aside, I went to Gamestop to finish paying off my preorder today. Couldn't talk the guy into breaking street (fair enough, that is his job) and I can't pick it up until like eight tomorrow, so I dug out the old GB Pocket and Red. Me and Dave the Bulbasaur are gonna take Kanto by storm. :3:

Der Metzgermeister fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 11, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey did someone last thread say that the VS Recorder is in X/Y too? Have they checked to see how many rematch options are there?

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Am I the only one that thinks Mega Banette looks better than the regular one? The ghost types in this games are so drat good. :allears:

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Am I the only one that thinks Mega Banette looks better than the regular one? The ghost types in this games are so drat good. :allears:

No, Mega Banette is loving awesome.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I actually think Mega Manectric kicks rear end.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

We actually have seen Mega Snorlax already, take a look at this natural evolution.

And now

Aww, He finally made it :unsmith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He looks so satisfied too.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I'm not very far in to the game but I've noticed from certain camera angles and building designs this game seems to be truly meant to all of it be in 3D not just the battles, do you think it was a decision to take it out because of the under 6 crowd?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Not sure if this is new or not: water sport (and, presumably, mud sport) wears off before the user switches out - perhaps as little as two turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I skipped Gen 5 entirely but I have the sneaking suspicion I'm going to end up pulling X off the eshop tomorrow. The last time I played was HeartGold, which I actually really liked (I think it might have been the best time I've had with a Pokemon game), but I don't know if I'm going to be able to recapture what I enjoyed so much about the G2 remakes with a new game. I've never been one of the "the only good Pokemon are the ones from my childhood!" people but I think the nostalgia factor there scratched a really particular itch that's not going to get hit quite the same way ever again.

I presume they're still committed to their baffling policy of not having your Pokemon follow you around anymore, right?

• Locked thread