Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Mice Everywhere posted:

Do bikes (pedal, not motor) count as vehicles in the garage? I just bought a bike and noticed it gets hung on the wall instead of taking a spot on the floor.

Will try right now with my full garage and report back.

Related:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

For the racing trick, it seems you have to overtake constantly(using the slipstream?) to get the big exp on laps. For example, I would select my friend to win. We would use motorcycles. He would use the bagger and I would take my custom 801. He would take the lead and I would only overtake him when I saw the contrails for the slipstream. I could do this 3-5 times a lap. I let him finish every lap ahead of me as well. We have both been getting good exp this way.

edit: He was hosting, but I was about 15 levels higher than he was. Didn't seem to make a difference in regards to exp earned(well, he gets slightly more since he gets the 1st place bonus).

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I think we all need to email Rockstar and demand that we can make our Buffalos look just like the ones from Fast Five. Adding Franklin's (the rear, in particular, looks way better than the MP one) is a good first step.

c'mon you know you want to reenact that in GTA5.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Just The Facts posted:

If anyone was just on that Coke heist mission with the ridiculous helicopter battle at the end, that was one of the coolest things ever.

I just said gently caress it at the end and flew to the end point

I wanted to do more but I'm getting a lot of time out issues :(

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I wish there was a way to preview what customization options there are for a vehicle before buying one.

I bought a cheetah and it owns. I managed to get it looking pretty stylish but overall I'm disappointed with the customization options for it. The roof is carbon so there's not even a secondary color and the only things you can change aesthetically are the spoiler and the exhaust pipes.

I have enough to buy any given high-end vehicle right now but not two. I'm leaning toward the z-type but I'm concerned there's going to be no options for it and since it's the most expensive car, I have a feeling it will eventually be very popular with the pubbies, so I'd want mine to look unique.

Anyone know of any super cars with lots of customization options?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Man, I'm getting sick and loving tired of how many vehicles the game won't allow you to own and for no good reason such as power balance or what not. Almost all of them fit inside a garage/LCS just fine. If I want to waste money and a garage slot on a Semi-truck, RV, bulldozer, etc - so loving what? Its my choice. None of those effect the gameplay by giving an unfair advantage like a Tank would. It wouldn't let me have the ATV/4 Wheeler thing for fucks sake. It'll let me own a dirt bike or a bicycle but not an ATV? Its bullshit.

Its appalling how many freeroam games these days are actively removing choice instead of adding it like they should. A prime example is clothing choices in SR2 then SR3. Or any other GTA game where if you could ram it into your garage, it was yours.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It says online you unlock Gang Attacks at 18 but I see hide nor hair of them on the map or on my phone...

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

I can tell you now that the Adder/Bugatti Veyron has absolutely nothing and neither does the Bullet/Ford GT.

Fake edit: The JB700/Aston Martin DB9 also has nothing and you can't make the mounted guns functional :(

Feenix posted:

It says online you unlock Gang Attacks at 18 but I see hide nor hair of them on the map or on my phone...

They won't show for you until you get a call from Martin telling you about them. I powered from 11 to 53 and I didn't get that call until the next day in real life.

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 11, 2013

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Robawesome posted:

That person you heard from sounds like a bit of an idiot. Money sharing is crucial to sharing cash from convenience store robberies, and as you mentioned yourself there's already a limitation. Oh, and Rockstar is giving everyone a half million dollars.

A) Thanks for calling my son an idiot. B) I did say "maybe". MAYBE you missed that.

On 360 I can confirm the original racing thing seems to work, but I'm not seeing 7-10k exp for anyone.

Person slipstreaming seems to get 5k and leader gets around 3k per. It also seems that the max rp message doesn't always show up.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

How the gently caress do you get a 5 star wanted level? RadValtar and I had 4 stars for like 10 minutes, and no matter how many cops we killed or how long we tried to outrun the cops, it never went up :confused:

I got 5 stars while getting my Sheriff SUV. I setup shop in the convenience store in Sandy Shores and just killed everyone who tried to walk through the door. Planting sticky bombs above the door frame to explode any Noose rushes helped keep the numbers down. I think the cops do a lot more damage at 5 stars and that's it. I got annihilated real fast after about a minute by one dude sniping me or something.

Just The Facts posted:

If you make a claim on your car, do you have to buy insurance again?

No

BobloRascobar
Dec 19, 2012

BarkingSquirrel posted:

It'll let me own a dirt bike or a bicycle but not an ATV? Its bullshit.

You can buy an ATV from the interwebz, I think for $8000. Then its in your garage.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Feenix posted:

They're in "random" places. you have to drive around and a big red circle appears on your GPS.

cka
May 3, 2004

Feenix posted:

They're red circles you occasionally stumble into on the map, it's usually a short wave of enemies then reaping the spoils of whatever they had stashed there. I know for sure there's one at the skyscraper construction site in the city and one out at Sandy Shores.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

BobloRascobar posted:

You can buy an ATV from the interwebz, I think for $8000. Then its in your garage.

ATVs aren't as good in GTAO as they were in the earlier games because they're no longer 2 person vehicles. You can get a Sanchez for just as cheap and with better offroad manueverability.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
How do you guys keep getting contacts to give you jobs? Every single time I call Ron the request job option is locked. I'm level 30 so I'm pretty sure Base Invaders is available to me by now.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

cka posted:

They're red circles you occasionally stumble into on the map, it's usually a short wave of enemies then reaping the spoils of whatever they had stashed there. I know for sure there's one at the skyscraper construction site in the city and one out at Sandy Shores.

The point of gang attacks is that you kill all the guys and get crates with $500 each in them. I think people said you get more but they were referring to the Crate Drops (which unlock leagues later and can contain thousands of dollars and a fully loaded minigun which I got but couldn't keep :(). It's a good way to get ammo though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

ATVs aren't as good in GTAO as they were in the earlier games because they're no longer 2 person vehicles. You can get a Sanchez for just as cheap and with better offroad manueverability.

You can't customize them either. :( (haven't checked Beeker's though)

BobloRascobar
Dec 19, 2012

Yeah it was the first thing I purchased and I was kinda disappointed. I ended up replacing its garage slot with a Sultan.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Car-sumo fights on top of the maze bank tower are pretty sweet.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

BobloRascobar posted:

Yeah but if you try to stuff one in an LCS or your garage it won't let you. Its not a super car, I shouldn't have to buy what the game considers a trash vehicle. And that completely ignores all the other vehicles it won't let you have for no reason.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Feenix posted:

Honestly not sure how I feel about being given 500k as an apology. Every single one of us can instantly buy the best apartment.

Kinda takes some of the motivation of paper-chasing away.

I think it is kind of lovely because I think most people are going to buy an apartment and then when they get a bounty they are just going to hide out there until it goes away.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Stiggs posted:

Car-sumo fights on top of the maze bank tower are pretty sweet.

This used to be a game mode in SA:MP and MTA on one of the roofs of San Fierro. It was a giant doughnut of a roof and the last person to survive pushing off all the others won. You got Sand Kings as your vehicle.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

noELrunes posted:

They're in "random" places. you have to drive around and a big red circle appears on your GPS.

They are not random. Random spawning times maybe but there is one in the hanger at Trevor's airfield and there is one right to the east of the airbase in the construction site next to it.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

This used to be a game mode in SA:MP and MTA on one of the roofs of San Fierro. It was a giant doughnut of a roof and the last person to survive pushing off all the others won. You got Sand Kings as your vehicle.

Oh drat, didn't even think to try with sand kings! Assuming the cargobob can lift them...

Lanth
Jun 15, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for all the job invites goons, but for some reason I couldn't connect to any job session today.

This left me with enough time in freeroam however to find my new favourite activity: get a cargobob, find a paused pubbie in a car, place unsuspecting victim on top of the maze tower. Send text saying "Enjoy the view!"

It is going to be a sad day once cargobobs stop spawning for me.

:getin:

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Lanth posted:

It is going to be a sad day once cargobobs stop spawning for me.

Yeah seriously, I am not looking forward to this at all.

I just hit 30, what rank do they stop showing up?

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
Has anyone tried fitting one of their cars with an ignition bomb and just parking it somewhere for another player to attempt to steal? I wonder if it counts as them destroying your car when they explode. Mostly interested whether that could be profitable or amusing, the whole part where they get bad boy points is still a stupid mechanic that doesn't need to be there.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Its appalling how many freeroam games these days are actively removing choice instead of adding it like they should. A prime example is clothing choices in SR2 then SR3. Or any other GTA game where if you could ram it into your garage, it was yours.

Yup, increased restrictiveness in this genre is always kind of depressing - particularly when it's so arbitrary. Taking away freedom/gameplay options from the player is usually just bad design unless there's a very good reason for doing it. In this case, it shows that they have made an effort with the clothes customisation since it is far and away better than GTA IV (though of course it's no SR2), but then they do that thing with the cars and it's just baffling. Maybe just a symptom of having huge dev teams, across the whole mode things are a little uneven.

Can I assume from your post that the tank is in fact not allowed inside the garage? If true, that removes what was traditionally one of the best challenges in a GTA game, to steal one and stash it. If anyone achieves this currently in Free Roam they absolutely deserve the right to terrorise servers with a saved tank.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 11, 2013

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The drat game needs to decide what aiming mode it wants to use in freeroam, instead of stick to what was used the last mission. It sucks to be forced to shoot people with freeaim, while they have assisted aiming going due to a mission forced change.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

The drat game needs to decide what aiming mode it wants to use in freeroam, instead of stick to what was used the last mission. It sucks to be forced to shoot people with freeaim, while they have assisted aiming going due to a mission forced change.

You'll only ever be put into a session with people using the same aim mode as you.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Stiggs posted:

You'll only ever be put into a session with people using the same aim mode as you.

Somehow I don't believe that.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

Funkmaster General posted:

I wish there was a way to preview what customization options there are for a vehicle before buying one.

I bought a cheetah and it owns. I managed to get it looking pretty stylish but overall I'm disappointed with the customization options for it. The roof is carbon so there's not even a secondary color and the only things you can change aesthetically are the spoiler and the exhaust pipes.

I have enough to buy any given high-end vehicle right now but not two. I'm leaning toward the z-type but I'm concerned there's going to be no options for it and since it's the most expensive car, I have a feeling it will eventually be very popular with the pubbies, so I'd want mine to look unique.

I went and tried them all out in SP. Ended with the entity which is awesome when people enable custom vehicles ; )

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
All this talk about the gang attacks makes me wonder; is there any easy way to get the 5 gang attacks in a single ingame day award/achievement? The tattoo it unlocks looks pretty sweet, so I'd love to get that at some point. I've only ever seen a handful of gang attacks though, and they were spread quite far apart too.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

So I log in earlier to see how many minutes were left on my "Bad sport" timer, because yesterday it was down to less than a day. It should've been done in about 2 hours from now, but instead? 2 DAYS. The loving thing reset. I was playing around a little yesterday with other dunce pubs, but MOST of the time I was in a lobby by myself, so I KNOW I didn't blow up any more cars because there weren't any to blow up. gently caress it, I'm done with this game.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Lunethex posted:

Somehow I don't believe that.

Get a friend to load up multiplayer with freeaim while you log in with assisted aim. Now try and join him, and the game will tell you that you're about to swap aim modes.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So just wondering, and I'm sure this is obvious to richer Goons but... can I have insurance on all my cars? I suppose if I have my main ride then having to take care of my other ones that are kept in the garage is all fair and good.

Darkness5780 posted:

So how does everyone plan to spend their $500k that Rockstar plans to give?

I'm either going to burn it because it is a goverment handout for the entitlement crowd, or on an apartment and making it rain on that one stripper. She really likes me guys!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Rapdawg posted:

can I have insurance on all my cars?

Yes.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Anybody have any idea why, when I can finally get into a session, it kicks me after 10 minutes, or 10 seconds?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

haunted bong posted:

Anybody have any idea why, when I can finally get into a session, it kicks me after 10 minutes, or 10 seconds?

Might be something wrong with your network settings.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly
Several of the Third Street Goons attempted to bravely break into the army base tonight and secure a fighter jet for The Cause. And Brave Mr Toad was the bravest among us, and he made it back from the front lines in style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

All this talk about the gang attacks makes me wonder; is there any easy way to get the 5 gang attacks in a single ingame day award/achievement? The tattoo it unlocks looks pretty sweet, so I'd love to get that at some point. I've only ever seen a handful of gang attacks though, and they were spread quite far apart too.

I found it pretty trivial to do.

There are a surprising amount of them, just cruise around and you should see enough pop around you. Common places where they seem regular: both major LS construction sites, just south of Gerald's apartment, just north of the airport, Sandy Shores airfield, O'Neill Farm.

If you see any random barn or lone building in the country, odds are there's a gang attack nearby.

• Locked thread