Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

That is badass! Yeah, I'm using one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Is the Prima guide worth picking up, for a walk-through hey-don't-miss-this-item type deal? I'm sure their pokedex information will be outclassed by websites, but for the walkthrough...?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Holy hell, its a Megaman Legends enemy. I love it.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Brutal. . .

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ahaha he literally turns into a robot. I love Mega-Forms.

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013

comparison

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Ville Valo posted:

Is the Prima guide worth picking up

The answer is always no regardless of the game. Prima is really bad at what they do.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

HeyItsAyls posted:

I can't give you base stats, but here are the stats of mine at level 79 (with a hasty nature and its EVs mostly in the special stats):

HP: 309
Attack: 163
Defence: 135
Sp. Attack: 198
Sp. Defence: 176
Speed: 144

Its a special sponge, which sucks because its typing means fighting and steel attacks murder it. You also get it just before the fighting gym, so it has to sit that one out. But stick with it (and give it leftovers) and it becomes a good wee special sweeper that can tank hits (that aren't fighting or steel type). It probably won't be getting into OU anytime soon though.

Exactly what person at Gamefreak thinks that Ice/Rock (Ice/Anything, really) is going to be remotely close to defensive? I understand they like to pair pokemon counterparts as "opposites" and all, but this completely ignores how awful the the types they chose are at the jobs they're forced into. Ice/Rock is fantastic at killing things, but abysmal at defense. It should have been an all out special attacker.

Aw, well. Anyway, Mega Scizor with chainsaw arms will rip and tear!! :black101:

LAY-ZX posted:

The answer is always no regardless of the game. Prima is really bad at what they do.

Even if they weren't. It's much faster and more accurate to just look up the stats/movelists/evolution method/location on Serebii or Bulbapedia than thumb through a massive guide full of useless graphs or dots. It'll save you $20 and be a lot more useful.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 11, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

IT HAS loving CHAINSAW HANDS GOTY!

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Hey UK goons - im not sure if you can buy X now but you can download it if you bought a code off of GAME. (I guess all of Europe can)

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know where everyone is getting chainsaw arms, they're still just giant clamps.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

^^^Chainsaw clamps!

Mega bug of the year, all years.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 11, 2013

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Open the blood gates :unsmigghh:

Megaevolve, U-turn, then come back in later to bring death

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Soilmate posted:

comparison

This is also really cool as it means that all Mega Scizors have Technician. No need to breed a new one if you already have a decent one (unless you want to run a different mega).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Lock eyes, from across the room~

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
150 base attack, 140 base defense, 100 base special defense and it keeps Technician/Bullet Punch.

Holy god I want one.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Is there a list of where the postgame Mega Stones can be found? If not, here's a start:

Absolite: Given by rival in Kiloude City
Alakazite: Hidden room in Reflective Cave
Houndoominite: Route 16
Medichamite: Laverre City

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Where can I catch a Honedge?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Geostomp posted:

It should have been an all out special attacker.

It does get BoltBeam and Calm Mind which is great, but its best Rock type attack? Ancient Power. It doesn't even get Power Gem. :smith:

And I now must have Mega Scizor. That thing looks amazing. Can't wait for all the Mega Stone locations to be revealed, trying to hunt them down on your own is annoying enough, even more so with a freaking hour limit.

Kanpachi posted:

Is there a list of where the postgame Mega Stones can be found?

Serebii has started compiling a list here. Scizor's is a real dick move, I didn't think another Mega Stone would be there.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

HeyItsAyls posted:

It does get BoltBeam and Calm Mind which is great, but its best Rock type attack? Ancient Power. It doesn't even get Power Gem. :smith:

What?!? It literally has gems on its body. Guess we have a new Flareon.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

MrFlibble posted:

Hey UK goons - im not sure if you can buy X now but you can download it if you bought a code off of GAME. (I guess all of Europe can)

:( I hate everyone (and the fact I have no wi-fi) right now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Slate Action posted:

Except this one has a decent, though not great, move of its type plus amazing coverage where Flareon had....nothing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Slate Action posted:

It might get it as an egg move.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

That reminds me though, I wonder what sort of egg groups the new Pokémon belong to...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Those chainsaw arms, goddamn!

So wait are they releasing this tomorrow/tonight at midnight? Doesn't Nintendo usually do new releases on Sunday?

I assume that's what that bigass line was outside the Gamestop I passed home after work was.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Ooo, they found the Kangaskhanite. So I guess the question now becomes where one would find a Kangaskhan this time around and whether or not getting them from that place is sane for once. Anybody willing to answer that question for me?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

It might get it as an egg move.

It might also learn it at a ridiculously high level. It learns Freeze Dry in its 70s, so it might be holding off Power Gem for the 80s or 90s.

Level up moves in general are weird this gen. Chesnaught learns Spike Guard when it evolves. I skipped teaching it to it. Then around its 50-60s, it tried to learn it again! I could also move tutor Hammer Arm onto it as a level 1 move. It naturally learned the move in its 50s. Mawile can also move tutor on Iron Head, but learns it in its 50s (in Gen V anyway).

LornMarkus posted:

Ooo, they found the Kangaskhanite. So I guess the question now becomes where one would find a Kangaskhan this time around and whether or not getting them from that place is sane for once. Anybody willing to answer that question for me?

Same place you find its Mega Stone, but its rare. And I ran away from it because I wasn't paying attention and had been in auto-run mode from all the Machops and Cubones. :doh:

Seriously, screw Glittering Cave. Its just crappy in every way.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Game Freak made aurorus lovely on purpose because its competition is fuckin T Rex. Seriously how can you not pick the T rex pokemon you've been wanting one since you were 8

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Solus posted:

Where can I catch a Honedge?

Route 6, in the tall grass.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Downloading from the eshop right now. Haven't played a pokemon since red and blue, i guess they added a bunch of pokemon that arent ocean, green and flames?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kanpachi posted:

Is there a list of where the postgame Mega Stones can be found? If not, here's a start:

Absolite: Given by rival in Kiloude City
Alakazite: Hidden room in Reflective Cave
Houndoominite: Route 16
Medichamite: Laverre City

http://www.serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

HeyItsAyls posted:

It might also learn it at a ridiculously high level. It learns Freeze Dry in its 70s, so it might be holding off Power Gem for the 80s or 90s.

Level up moves in general are weird this gen. Chesnaught learns Spike Guard when it evolves. I skipped teaching it to it. Then around its 50-60s, it tried to learn it again! I could also move tutor Hammer Arm onto it as a level 1 move. It naturally learned the move in its 50s. Mawile can also move tutor on Iron Head, but learns it in its 50s (in Gen V anyway).

Every Pokemon that can learn a move via level up can also learn it via TM and Tutor though.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Between this, Gengar, Blaziken, Garchomp and Mawile there are actually a decent amount of mons vying to be the Mega on my team which is nice. It also looks like that list floating around is spot on, so there are still plenty more to be revealed.

Jun 23, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So wait are they releasing this tomorrow/tonight at midnight? Doesn't Nintendo usually do new releases on Sunday?

I assume that's what that bigass line was outside the Gamestop I passed home after work was.

Certain Gamestops are doing midnight releases for X and Y. The game is scheduled to be released tomorrow on the 12th.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Every Pokemon that can learn a move via level up can also learn it via TM and Tutor though.

Meant to say Move Relearner, sorry.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Zahki posted:

It also looks like that list floating around is spot on, so there are still plenty more to be revealed.

Mega Alakazam also proves that The List missed a few. Still a chance for Mega Nidoking and Nidoqueen. :pray:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

HeyItsAyls posted:

Meant to say Move Relearner, sorry.

As it stands, are there any tutors around in the game?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

As it stands, are there any tutors around in the game?

Elemental Hyper Beams and Draco Meteor. Standard fair for the first two games in a generation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So when do you get the gift Lucario with the mega stone?

Also I guess when's the earliest mega evolution you can do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So when do you get the gift Lucario with the mega stone?

Also I guess when's the earliest mega evolution you can do?

After the third gym. You can't mega evolve before that.

• Locked thread