Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Cool sounds like even though the meat of the stones are found postgame you get a decent bit of time to play with the basic concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Any word on stores in the US putting it out today? I know some in the UK did. Gamestop has three locations in my town but none of them are doing the midnight release. Closest one is like 2 hours away and I have to work tomorrow. Dicks :smith:

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

LAY-ZX posted:

Mega Alakazam also proves that The List missed a few. Still a chance for Mega Nidoking and Nidoqueen. :pray:

Wrong list. I'm talking about this.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zahki posted:

Wrong list. I'm talking about this.

True but this one looks pretty legit.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That list is missing Venusaur among others. Not to say it is not legit, just kind of odd.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How early can you get a Scyther anyways?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Just noticed the image I posted is missing Gardevoir, so close but no cigar I guess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zahki posted:

Just noticed the image I posted is missing Gardevoir, so close but no cigar I guess.

Gruknor posted:

That list is missing Venusaur among others. Not to say it is not legit, just kind of odd.

It's always possible that it's just not inclusive. Like, obviously it's not every mega but it's called literally everyone sans those 2. Since these are taken from a trademark list from Twitter it's probably that the trademark bot didn't get a whole list.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just really want Mega-Jynx to be real. That is something I never knew I wanted to see until recently.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So glad they did a simultaneous release :smith:. Is there a way to trick my DS into thinking its connecting to Australian internet?

snowballdragon
Dec 25, 2011

And this, is a level beyond a Super Saiyan

Zahki posted:

It's missing Manectric as well, still holding out hope that Mega-Carnivine is real though.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Manectric is oddly missing from that poster.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Surprised no euro-goons have chipped his in, but its live in the UK! :pervert:

Well, it went up about an hour ago and its been downloading the entire time, onto the last couple of blocks and I'll be playing new pokemon woop!

For the curious I pre-ordered from Game about 5 hours ago and they sent me the codes straight away its awesome. Can't wait! Now I just need to luck out and find a grimer early on, wish me luck!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
what are the stat boosts on mega lucario? Does his Sp.Atk go up as much as his attack?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

I just really want Mega-Jynx to be real. That is something I never knew I wanted to see until recently.

Right? Because what the gently caress direction could it possibly go in?! It's Jynx! Does it get prettier? Uglier? Is that even possible? Jynx is the thing of nightmares, man. What could a Mega version look like? Even more make-up? Point Homer's make-up shotgun at Jynx and boom, Mega form.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Caught a pikachu, game officially owns bones :getin:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
A hypothetical Mega Jynx could just become more Viking like, with a helmet and more armor. Also fatter and blacker.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Mega Scizor is visually Awesome, and my magic scizor from gen 4 is going to be doing that, but I think Mega Scizor's stats are kind of... underwhelming?

Attack is only up 20 points, and Scizor gives up the Orb/band.
Special attack is up 10 points, but still worthless on Scizor.
Speed is up 10 so it's still pretty slow. The difference between 65 and 75 isn't relevant.

Health is the same, which I think is true for all Megas.
Defense is up 40 which is kind of cool. (40%, less if you count IV/EVs)
Special defense is up up 20 which is a bit less cool. (25%, less if you count IV/EVs)

It is just an across the board boost though, if you have other Banded stuff?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

HeyItsAyls posted:

Same place you find its Mega Stone, but its rare. And I ran away from it because I wasn't paying attention and had been in auto-run mode from all the Machops and Cubones. :doh:

Seriously, screw Glittering Cave. Its just crappy in every way.

Hey, that's a hell of a lot better than how I recall it being in every other game so I'm happy. Always wanted to use one but getting it in the Safari Zone sounded about as much fun as diddling myself as a cheese grater.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mega Jynx is just straight up Al Jolson. Not even in style, just a jpg of him in his Mammy makeup.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gensuki posted:

Mega Scizor is visually Awesome, and my magic scizor from gen 4 is going to be doing that, but I think Mega Scizor's stats are kind of... underwhelming?

Just looked him up and oh god he looks like a Super Sentai dude, why does he apparently have to be disappointing? :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

One of my friends from work is convinced that Mega-Jynx would just look like Nicki Minaj.

Jun 23, 2010

Feranon posted:

Any word on stores in the US putting it out today? I know some in the UK did. Gamestop has three locations in my town but none of them are doing the midnight release. Closest one is like 2 hours away and I have to work tomorrow. Dicks :smith:

Unfortunately the only places that would leak the games early are some obscure mom and pop video game stores that no one is going to rat out. All the corporate stores like Best Buy and Gamestop are too afraid of getting fined and/or penalized :(

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Why is finding a male Pancham so hard :(

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Gensuki posted:

Compared to other Megas maybe, but did Scizor really need a huge boost? It was already a very strong mon, an extra 20 base attack might not be earth shattering but it makes an already great mon even better.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.
Is challenge mode in this generation?

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

Hello new thread, I abandoned the old one about 170 pages from the end.

Just wondering, is this new thread safe to read through before playing the game or is it spoiler heavy as well?

My download of Y is current around 40%, and Ill be getting X sometime tomorrow.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Augh, I caved, I'm going to try to make a midnight release. It's out of town so I'm going to have to drive over after work to do the actual preorder and then drive back to pick it up. :negative: I've never attended the midnight release of anything so that's part of my excuse.

It just occurred to me that midnight releases are going to be killed off in the next gen or two by digital distribution so I'd better not miss this one right? :v:

HondaCivet fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 12, 2013

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Spoiler heavy. Lots of pictures of new pokemon and mega-evolutions, mega stones and the like.

HiroChicken
Jun 3, 2007

Eevee of Tomorrow
Mega Banette looks like a Tim Burton inspired horror, and I love it! So I did a quick drawing of it!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
It's midnight over here, and that means me and Froakie will explore the world of Kalos as soon as my 3DS finishes downloading the game (and I back it up). Soon...

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Quick question, I caved and decided to download X because I won't be able to get my pre-ordered Y until later this week: how early do you run into Houndour?

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

Ignimbrite posted:

Spoiler heavy. Lots of pictures of new pokemon and mega-evolutions, mega stones and the like.

Welp, never mind then, Im out again. See you in a few days or so

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Can anyone confirm if the megastone vendor in Lumiose City actually sells the stones for 500k pokedollars? I hope that's either a typo or maybe the amount of money you get has been increased in some way.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Can anyone confirm if the megastone vendor in Lumiose City actually sells the stones for 500k pokedollars? I hope that's either a typo or maybe the amount of money you get has been increased in some way.

It gets cheaper as the game goes on.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

In the post game I bought them for 150,000 each, so it's only 300k in total.

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/687.shtml

Now look at those Evolution requirments....

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Rhonne posted:

How early can you get a Scyther anyways?

I'd like to know this, too. A fury cutter-spamming Scyther was one of my go-to Pokemon in HG and I was kind of hoping to get another one this time around. The mega-evolution might even get me to evolve it this time, but also maybe not 'cause I still kind of prefer Scyther's design to Scizor's.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

The PSS passerby list including random people from the internet is great. Now if only nintendo would make every single "local wifi" thing from now on work like that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

So I'm testing out Friend Safaris and I just encountered Spritzee. I'm playing X version.

• Locked thread