Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Cool, thanks for the quick response. One more thing: when/where can I get Tyrunt? Also where is the fossil facility located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry

DheeradjS posted:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/687.shtml

Now look at those Evolution requirments....

hahahah what

that's a new one. I wonder if any will involve the mic?

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

HeyItsAyls posted:

So I'm testing out Friend Safaris and I just encountered Spritzee. I'm playing X version.

This makes me so happy! Spritzee is my only X regret.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

No stores nearby doing a midnight release. :smith: I guess I'll have to wait 10 hours to join in on the fun.

That or encase myself in ice to avoid the wait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

No stores nearby doing a midnight release. :smith: I guess I'll have to wait 10 hours to join in on the fun.

That or encase myself in ice to avoid the wait.

If you know you are not going to go to a midnight release, then why not just eshop? :)

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

I said come in! posted:

If you know you are not going to go to a midnight release, then why not just eshop? :)

Dunno about that guy, but I'm getting a 2DS with mine to play it on.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I said come in! posted:

Eh, already have a pre-order waiting. Don't feel like blowing the money, and tbh, getting the next morning isn't a big deal. Gives me a last chance to play Rune Factory 4 before it gets shelved for the next few months.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I said come in! posted:

I already paid for it months ago at Gamestop... :negative:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rudoku posted:

I already paid for it months ago at Gamestop... :negative:

Yeah, that and I only have the default 3DS XL SD card and don't want to shill out for a new card right now. :(

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, that and I only have the default 3DS XL SD card and don't want to shill out for a new card right now. :(

I was gonna get X via download, does the regular SD not have enough room on it for this game. I have nothing else on there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Unbound posted:

I was gonna get X via download, does the regular SD not have enough room on it for this game. I have nothing else on there.

IIRC the regular SD is like 4 2 gigs and Pokemon X is only 1.7GB, it's just that I've got stuff like Animal Crossing and whatever on my cart and there just isn't any room for it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Unbound posted:

The stock card is 2 GB. Pokemon X/Y will take up about 1.7 GB.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

It should be enough, I've downloaded it and I've still got a bit of room on there with some other smaller games downloaded.

ed: whoops, beaten!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Unbound posted:

To check your system memory, go to system settings and click data management and then Nintendo 3DS. Just choose one of those four options and it'll tell you how many open blocks you have on your SD card (Pokemon X/Y are about 14000 I believe)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Awesome! Thanks, guys! The only things I have are my Animal Crossing Save Data, Mii and Street Pass data, and my system settings.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Okay so you can talk to your friends over "Game Chat". It's loving weird.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Okay, Mega Scizor and his swiss army knife hands actually rule. He also looks like an actual evolution like Banette and Mawile.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are there any downsides to downloading the game from the eShop instead of getting the physical game besides not having a physical copy and losing everything if I were to lose my 3DS?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Are there any downsides to downloading the game from the eShop instead of getting the physical game besides not having a physical copy and losing everything if I were to lose my 3DS?

None I can particularly think of.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Sure I suppose Sweden is technically connected to Eurasia but did my Vivillon really have to evolve into the continental pattern? Apparently someone from Norway got the polar pattern.

http://imgur.com/a/0Qt5N

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Macaluso posted:

You don't get a cool box. I think that's quite the sacrifice.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
As far as SD cards go, with a little bit of looking around you can still find them at stores for really cheap, even in 8 and 16-GB sizes. I've got a 16GB in mine that I got for $15, at most. It was so little I forgot how much it was.

Definitely pick up a nice big SD for your 3DS, it allows you to do a lot of awesome stuff. I'm looking forward to just lounging around home, snagging the game off the Internet in four hours or so. (Granted there might be some lag in there, but :v: )

Also another reminder for eShop purchasers: put your money in now rather than in four hours, because everything is probably going to be logjammed to some degree and it's better to get the money transfer to your 3DS account done now rather than risk Big N's transaction servers being overwhelmed once the games come out.

Finally a question for dudes who have the game already: is Mawille available in Kalos, and can the mega evo for it be obtained before the conclusion of the main quest? It's something I think I'd like to play around with in the plot for a bit with.

Double finally: is anyone else agonizing over which legacy starter to pick? Oh my god, all three of them have their charms and I want them all. :smith: I'm one of those OG Charizard Fans from the 90s but Squirtle is also really great, and I'll be getting a Torchic anyway who is also awesome and will fill any Fire needs I have. Bulbasaur is also cool but Chespin's a no brainer, so he's out for initial consideration.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

So I've been dicking about with the Friend Safari, having added a bunch of goons to my friend list, and the kinds of Pokémon I've seen are... interesting. I've compiled a list in the trading thread, but I'll put a more compact one here:

Charmeleon, Wartortle, Pidgey, Abra, Oddish, Doduo, Krabby, Onix, Ledyba, Snubull, Wobufett, Aipom, Forretress, Beatifly, Kirlia, Nosepass, Shuppet, Pansear, Tranquill, Swadloon, Mincinno, Swanna, Ferroseed, Lampent, Spritzee, Swirlix, Dedenee, Phantump, Pumpkaboo

So yeah, it gives out starters and version exclusive. Whether it gives anything but Kanto starters is another question.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

SpaceDrake posted:

Double finally: is anyone else agonizing over which legacy starter to pick? Oh my god, all three of them have their charms and I want them all. :smith: I'm one of those OG Charizard Fans from the 90s but Squirtle is also really great, and I'll be getting a Torchic anyway who is also awesome and will fill any Fire needs I have. Bulbasaur is also cool but Chespin's a no brainer, so he's out for initial consideration.

I'm going to be grabbing the Bulbasaur. Venosaur has always been a favorite of mine, but it never got attention over Charizard or Blastoise. It still hasn't, but I think that Ice and Fire Immunity on top of whatever crazy stat buffs it gets will really set it apart.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

So I've been dicking about with the Friend Safari, having added a bunch of goons to my friend list, and the kinds of Pokémon I've seen are... interesting. I've compiled a list in the trading thread, but I'll put a more compact one here:

Charmeleon, Wartortle, Pidgey, Abra, Oddish, Doduo, Krabby, Onix, Ledyba, Snubull, Wobufett, Aipom, Forretress, Beatifly, Kirlia, Nosepass, Shuppet, Pansear, Tranquill, Swadloon, Mincinno, Swanna, Ferroseed, Lampent, Spritzee, Swirlix, Dedenee, Phantump, Pumpkaboo

So yeah, it gives out starters and version exclusive. Whether it gives anything but Kanto starters is another question.

Just to check about the friend safari, is it expanded with more pokemon if that person is online or do they need to have the game and be online at the same time for it to be expanded?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Zahki posted:

Compared to other Megas maybe, but did Scizor really need a huge boost? It was already a very strong mon, an extra 20 base attack might not be earth shattering but it makes an already great mon even better.

The big thing is the loss of an item. Scizor was never a defensive mon, and while it now has the stats/typing for it, I have no idea if its move pool supports it. At best I see it being a worse Skarmory... 20 more attack is great, but that is -for a max attack Scizor- a 10% power boost. Life orb is a 30% boost, and choice band is a 50% boost.

Does Scizor gets Dragon Dance? If it did, that would be neat. Defenses up 40%/25%, attack and speed up 60%. Maybe some mind games?

Unbound posted:

I'm going to be grabbing the Bulbasaur. Venosaur has always been a favorite of mine, but it never got attention over Charizard or Blastoise. It still hasn't, but I think that Ice and Fire Immunity on top of whatever crazy stat buffs it gets will really set it apart.

Resistance. Thick fat lets it resist fire and Ice. And since Grass is weak to those, it means Venusaur is neutral to fire and Ice.
Still a pretty great boost, but not quite that amazing.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Amazon has not shipped my copy and it isn't slated to go out until the 18th :(

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Cool, thanks for the quick response. One more thing: when/where can I get Tyrunt? Also where is the fossil facility located?

Both of them are before the second gym.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Desperate Character posted:

Just to check about the friend safari, is it expanded with more pokemon if that person is online or do they need to have the game and be online at the same time for it to be expanded?

You know, I have no idea. The game claims that it expands if the person is online and playing Pokémon, but I've tested this with different friends, both playing Pokémon and not, and never get any new Pokémon. So far all my friend safaris only spawn two Pokémon, and playing when their online hasn't changed that as far as I can tell. It'll be easier to test when more people have the game.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Gensuki posted:

Resistance. Thick fat lets it resist fire and Ice. And since Grass is weak to those, it means Venusaur is neutral to fire and Ice.
Still a pretty great boost, but not quite that amazing.

:doh: And there goes my hope of him being in the same light.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I want Mega Charizard X but I'm getting Y. Does getting a Mega Charizard X require someone to trade me a Charizard with an X mega stone or are they able to trade me only the stone?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Macaluso posted:

None, really, and the added benefit of even faster loading times. The SDcard slot has an even faster transfer speed than the 3DS card slot, and saves should be extremely fast.

That said, Nintendo's policy toward lost or destroyed 3DSes in this regard is problematic, and so I can understand why some people would still prefer physical copies. If you're confident you can keep your 3DS safe, though, there's really little reason not to just wait three and a half hours and snag it off the shop.

Jun 23, 2010

Seems I only have 14134 blocks available. Guess I'll wait it out for my physical copy, I want those blocks open for other pointless poo poo that I think I'll play more than once.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How many blocks is Pokemon X/Y? I'm torn between grabbing an e-shop points card now, or grabbing a physical copy tomorrow.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Unbound posted:

:doh: And there goes my hope of him being in the same light.

Venusaur's ability isn't really a problem. It's a fairly good one, and comes with increased defensive stats to make use of it.

And in gen V, Venusaur was the highest tiered Kanto starter. His dreamworld ability is Chloryphyl, which turns him into an OU monster. If he's not popular, it's probably due to his appearance. I like him though.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Gensuki posted:

Mega Scizor is visually Awesome, and my magic scizor from gen 4 is going to be doing that, but I think Mega Scizor's stats are kind of... underwhelming?

Attack is only up 20 points, and Scizor gives up the Orb/band.
Special attack is up 10 points, but still worthless on Scizor.
Speed is up 10 so it's still pretty slow. The difference between 65 and 75 isn't relevant.

Health is the same, which I think is true for all Megas.
Defense is up 40 which is kind of cool. (40%, less if you count IV/EVs)
Special defense is up up 20 which is a bit less cool. (25%, less if you count IV/EVs)

It is just an across the board boost though, if you have other Banded stuff?

The loss of items is significant but Scizor did get some very nice boosts. The Speed isn't that significant but it does outspeed bulky and Specs Politoed without needing investment and can deal heavy damage before it gets Scalded or Hydro Pumped with +2 Bug Bite and only needs 20 EVs to outspeed Bulky Heatran. The defensive boosts are the big thing, though. Bulky Swords Dance with Roost is already one of Scizor's best sets and the additional bulk helps significantly, especially with the nerfs to special attack power this Generation.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I just realized we haven't seen a Mega Evolutions for any of the Pokemon from Gen V yet. Wonder why that is?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

How many blocks is Pokemon X/Y? I'm torn between grabbing an e-shop points card now, or grabbing a physical copy tomorrow.

14,000 blocks.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
To those of you in the postgame, what sort of pokemon open up? Are there any Starly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

To those of you in the postgame, what sort of pokemon open up? Are there any Starly?

The Friend Safari can have non-Kalos Pokémon, but that's random and dependent on your friend list. I also have the Poké-Radar, but I haven't really tried it out, but I assume it's like Gen IV and opens up more Mons.

No sign of swarms though.

For more Friend Safari news, walking around with a Trace Ralts, trying to see how common Hidden Abilities are here.

• Locked thread