Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Anyone want to race to help me up to 75? I'm 63 right now, but as soon as I get that I can start hosting Rooftop Rumble for people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbot posted:

Also, how is damage calculated from gunfire on the enemies? It's been wildly inconsistent with me. I can shoot one guy in the upper chest and he'll bleed out, but another (who looks exactly like the guy before) can take 4-5 shots to the chest and he'll still get up or lean up to take potshots at me. It can get kind of frustrating.

This happens to me a lot; apart from body armor I think it's just lag.

There was some dick warping around in deathmatch last night and aside from just straight hacking he must have been lagging all over the place. It's kind of irritating how the game handles it though; if you have a poo poo connection it's kind of to your advantage because no one can shoot you and you can still shoot them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Lunethex posted:

Anyone want to race to help me up to 75? I'm 63 right now, but as soon as I get that I can start hosting Rooftop Rumble for people.

PS3? I will, I could use the levels. Digitalprophet on PSN.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Lunethex posted:

I'm down. didunoelgaming here

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Slim Killington posted:

PS3? I will, I could use the levels. Digitalprophet on PSN.

Yeah PS3, sorry keep forgetting to mention that.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Lunethex posted:

Yeah PS3, sorry keep forgetting to mention that.

Sent you a friend request.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Some dude got reeeaaal mad at me for killing him when he had a bounty on him. Like shouting rape threats mad. Got my 1000 buckaroos though

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I could definitely get behind that. All the air races I've been in though just end up really exciting/hilarious at the beginning, then a big gap opens up between everyone and it's a 2 minute slog through checkpoints with no positioning change (unless someone crashes through their own fault) all the way to the end.

The air deathmatch is always exciting however.

"Catch Up" is absolutely necessary in air races or, yeah - if someone gets the whole shot and leads at the first gate on anything but the city races then you better hope they lawn dart of they've already won.
:(

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mice Everywhere posted:

For some reason just now my character had a huge bruise/scar (not a gunshot decal) on the back of her leg after I bought some boots. It went away after I logged off and came back, but it was still weird. It looked like a nasty dog bite scar or something.

You must have died at some point because that's how you get the scars, they go away after a while. Showering does not get rid of them either, that's only for fresh bloodstains.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

my new dog posted:

Some dude got reeeaaal mad at me for killing him when he had a bounty on him. Like shouting rape threats mad. Got my 1000 buckaroos though

Is there any way to tell how high a bounty is if you miss the popup when they first get it? I got into a huge firefight and ended up dying twice against a group of other players going after a bounty, and when I finally got the guy it was only worth $1000. So all in all I was down $3000.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

This happens to me a lot; apart from body armor I think it's just lag.

There was some dick warping around in deathmatch last night and aside from just straight hacking he must have been lagging all over the place. It's kind of irritating how the game handles it though; if you have a poo poo connection it's kind of to your advantage because no one can shoot you and you can still shoot them.

I'm more talking about the AI enemies. I haven't played any deathmatches or got into any shootouts with random people. The guys in question are just a regular Baller gangster type in a sports jersey, no body armor modeled or anything.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
So if any Xbox goons are in the badsport servers and need money shoot me a messege cause I have over $4 million cash and not much use for it

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE

Lunethex posted:

sent you a friend request, im up for it later on tonight and willing to do whatever, digital prophet too.

PSN Eskimo-bob

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Managed to spawn into a lobby full of 1009 goons, a quick check of the map seemed like they were all in vine wood griefing some pubbie. So, I I grab a cargobob and what's this? One of those mustang lookin cars is parked right there on the runway. So I grab that with the intention of dropping it atop that pubbie up in vine wood.

Half way there another goon in a jet flys by and says the mustang is his personal vehicle & I should put it back or he'll blow me away, so I drop it atop a skyscraper :haw:

Much love buddy, I was waiting for you to shoot me down but I guess you lost interest.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sheriff dude that I was robbing stores and stealing Mac trucks out in the sticks with, I think we got disconnected from each other. Friend me(PSN omgcarcrash) and let's do it again sometime!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Well my Xbox is officially dead, it packed it in while I was loading Online. It was nice while it lasted.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Anyone want to try the slipstreaming thing on Xbox? I haven't figured it out yet but gt: jmsalxndr

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I tried to play for the first time today that it actually worked connecting me with goons. Everyone is like level 60+. I'm level 3. I am a failure :negative:

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I tried to play for the first time today that it actually worked connecting me with goons. Everyone is like level 60+. I'm level 3. I am a failure :negative:

If your on the 360 i'll give you 300 grand to mess around with

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Skater h8er posted:

That'll take forever since 5k is the transfer limit.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Soooooo I just tried to get in and after loading my apartment it cut away, up, and over to where is it now dangling in the sky eternally.

What is the safest way to de-gently caress this situation now that it's not even trying to load anymore? Quit to Dash? (360)

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Soooooo I just tried to get in and after loading my apartment it cut away, up, and over to where is it now dangling in the sky eternally.

What is the safest way to de-gently caress this situation now that it's not even trying to load anymore? Quit to Dash? (360)

Quitting is your only option, happens all the time to me.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Lunethex posted:

Quitting is your only option, happens all the time to me.

Oh that's fine, as long as I didn't condemn my dude to deletion or anything just before Sweet Recompensation For Problems I Almost Totally Avoided.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Why would they put such a small cap on giving people money? Haha

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Skater h8er posted:

So they don't give them $300k. :colbert: Gotta pillage and earn it, or something.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I did my first gang attack. Is it supposed to be obvious where the crate is?

Also there's something very exhilarating in a love/hate way about engaging a bunch of hostile NPC's in the free roam where anyone can detect you...

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Skater h8er posted:

My guess is to avoid duping cash. Somebody could give another player a lot of cash, cut the power to the console so when they reload they still have all the cash they gave away. Rinse and repeat and you've got a billion in less than a day.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Feenix posted:

Also there's something very exhilarating in a love/hate way about engaging a bunch of hostile NPC's in the free roam where anyone can detect you...

The crates are just sitting in the combat area, they're pretty conspicuous big wooden crates labeled "SUPPLIES" but I think they'll vanish pretty quickly once you've cleared out the enemies so you'll need to grab them before they de-spawn. They contain $500 and what is usually a pretty high quality weapon like a carbine rifle or combat MG.

It also lets your crew know when you've initiated a gang attack so sometimes you may get some backup.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

That's the best, not knowing if a player is going to crash into your gang attack. Makes the gang attacks more intense.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Skater h8er posted:

I am

Party Plane Jones posted:

Goddamnit :negative:

It's all good, I'll just do the same race 10,000 times or something. :smithicide:

At least R* will give me fake money soon!

E: you jerks with your level 60s and me waiting till this week to play to "wait out the issues"

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

My guess is to avoid duping cash. Somebody could give another player a lot of cash, cut the power to the console so when they reload they still have all the cash they gave away. Rinse and repeat and you've got a billion in less than a day.

Even in SA:MP they guarded against that.

I'm all for cheaters, I say warn them of the consequences, let them cheat and then follow through.

Stole a billion dollars? Congratulations you are now a billion dollars in debt.

There is a Drafthouse/Cinema in Texas, They warn you not to talk during the movies (unless its expected). They warn you that they will remove you with no refund if you break their rules. No one breaks the rules.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
How the hell did some mexican guy I met today have a 3 story pad with 3 cars...lol

He helped me rob a liqor store which was cool but holy gently caress I want that.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I think it's more to block people from selling fake cash for real cash and undercutting rockstars prices.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I put a mugger on a random dude in the freeroam and watched it on tv. As the guy got out of a regular helicopter and into the missletype chopper he got mugged, thrown out of the copter and the mugger took off with the heli. Best $1k i spent so far.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Has anyone tried getting a private jet like the Luxor and having it filled with 10 players? Can you see inside and just chat while someone flies? That sounds like it'd be really loving cool. Then you all bail out over the military base and kill like 50,000 marines and steal their tanks.

I am

Goddamnit :negative:

It's all good, I'll just do the same race 10,000 times or something. :smithicide:

At least R* will give me fake money soon!

E: you jerks with your level 60s and me waiting till this week to play to "wait out the issues"

Are you on PS3?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 12, 2013

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Are there ps3 goons here? Friend my rear end. Psn: callmemrmyers

Im only a level 7 but whatever?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

What's up fellow low level buddy?

I'm not finding this game compelling at all when everything's races or deathmatch and having to grind to unlock interesting poo poo for myself.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Fear not, I'm currently Lv.69 and am closing in on 75 for Rooftop Rumble. Then we'll have a mission so easy as throwing a grenade into a crowd for 4000 RP and $25,000 :hist101:

Darkness5780
Apr 22, 2010
Anyone on PS3 want to farm out some race wins?

PSN ID: Darkness5780

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Lunethex posted:

Has anyone tried getting a private jet like the Luxor and having it filled with 10 players? Can you see inside and just chat while someone flies? That sounds like it'd be really loving cool. Then you all bail out over the military base and kill like 50,000 marines and steal their tanks.

Are you on PS3?

Xbox

UnknownMercenary posted:

What's up fellow low level buddy?

I'm not finding this game compelling at all when everything's races or deathmatch and having to grind to unlock interesting poo poo for myself.

:smithicide: :respek: :smithicide:

I loving HATE deathmatch. Plus I have no idea how to do anything or what to do, like I'm sure there's easy stuff to get level ups in that aren't races, and I'm reading the internet to figure it out (but internet says nothing for whatever reason), so it all just makes me feel like a loser. The gooniest of goons. Need some cheetos

• Locked thread