Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zaphod42 posted:

:stare: There are different variations of picachu tails :stare:

Is it male and female?!?

Yes, as of gen 4 females have a notch in their tail.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu#Sprites

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

:stare: There are different variations of picachu tails :stare:

Is it male and female?!?

I assume you're talking about a notch in the tail? Males have whole tails, females have a V-shaped notch in the tail.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
The clothing boutique music is awesome and I legit want an MP3 of it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is it good to hold back your pokemon from evolving so they learn all their moves quicker?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

tonic316 posted:

Is it good to hold back your pokemon from evolving so they learn all their moves quicker?

A lot of times they learn different moves now. So, uh, until we get some more information you might as well flip a coin.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

tonic316 posted:

Not really. Just plow on through the main storyline, it is a Pokemon game. The only one that ever really had a challenge was Gen II's grindy level balance and the Miltank of Death in the third gym.

Edit: For fucks sake I got really unlucky with this download. Also, hearing the *shink* *ding-ding-ding!* of the animation while my 3DS downloads for over an hour is starting to get obnoxious.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 12, 2013

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Female Hasty Froakie, awww yeah. :smuggo:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I caught a Light Ball-weilding Pikachu in the first forest. Awesome.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Torchic is a goddamn wrecking machine.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

15 minutes until I can go wait in line some more and then actually get this game and then actually play it!

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The Pikachu I caught was holding a Light Ball. Aw yis.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Update: Light Ball Pikachu is absurd in the early game.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Torchic is a goddamn wrecking machine.
It's also a glutton for EXP, leveled up twice when Chespin got taken out because of a minor new move snafu.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

kater posted:

No backups. Game just dead ends before the first menu if you don't have the current save.

All this stuff is new to me, I thought it was supposed to be simple to move stuff from one SD card to another. Downloading game now, have a larger card on order, does this mean I can't transfer my game and saves to the new card when it arrives?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm really appreciating this trend since Black/White of these games not making everything such a loving hassle anymore.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hixalot posted:

All this stuff is new to me, I thought it was supposed to be simple to move stuff from one SD card to another. Downloading game now, have a larger card on order, does this mean I can't transfer my game and saves to the new card when it arrives?

Transferring works fine. Made sure to check that before messing with saves. You just can't juggle saves using SD cards.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

I'm really appreciating this trend since Black/White of these games not making everything such a loving hassle anymore.

Let's hope this trend continues with event Pokemon. Literally the only reason I even bought a DS Action Replay is because I don't have the time or interest to snipe every goddamn Pokemon event. Much easier to just hack yourself a Liberty Ticket.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

kater posted:

Transferring works fine. Made sure to check that before messing with saves. You just can't juggle saves using SD cards.

Thanks. Was worried I wasn't going to be able to keep my saves from now til new card arrives. Now if this download would just finish...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Alright, it's time for irrelevant questions: does idling on the title screen of super training with the default bag actually help you grind towards getting more bags? I know idling will increase progress on specific punching bags, but I don't think I'm getting any more bags through the idle punches.
Also, I assume that you only hit the punching bag when you're on the super training tab proper, right? I can't idle grind punching bags in the background while I have PSS up or anything, right?

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...
Oh my God, my parent(s) finally have a bedroom?!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Pokemon TV is a better time waster than GTA TV.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I feel like I should of made more progress in this game but there's just SO MUCH to do early on.

Pokemon Amie. Berry growing area. Battle Mansion.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I just got to fake-Paris. Where's my goddamn t-rex?

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Crawfish posted:

I feel like I should of made more progress in this game but there's just SO MUCH to do early on.

Progress is for speedrunners. Explore every nook and cranny, battle every trainer, don't stop with captures until you think you have everything available in the area. Then walk around for another minute just to be sure.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh my gosh, the little animation that plays when you've downloaded your event Torchic :kimchi:

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Inspector Zenigata posted:

So is it just me, or is super training really not built for lefties?

Oh gods, I thought it was just me. Only way i've been able to do it really is to hold the stylus in my left hand and try and quickly switch between the stick and the stylus as needed.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
For anybody interested about Vivillon patterns:

http://imgur.com/a/0Qt5N

This guide appears to be correct. I set my location to Michigan and my Spewpa evolved into a polar Vivillon.

So as long as you set you region before you start the game, you can somewhat control what you pattern you'll get.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Sent a spare Pikachu over the Wonder Trade. Got an Inkay from Japan. It's a higher level than my starter.

Jun 23, 2010

Crawfish posted:

Haha don't feel bad. I'm pretty OCD in every area when it comes to training every member of my team and collecting all items and completing all tasks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So amazon still hasn't shipped my copy. Unless some magic happens, this will be the first time I have ever preordered something from them and had it not show up on release date. Is it worth dealing with their support over?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I literally said "Wow!" when the game started, holy poo poo this game is pretty. :drat:

Jun 23, 2010

jivjov posted:

So amazon still hasn't shipped my copy. Unless some magic happens, this will be the first time I have ever preordered something from them and had it not show up on release date. Is it worth dealing with their support over?

You can ask cordially if you can have your shipping costs refunded.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neo_Crimson posted:

Female Hasty Froakie, awww yeah. :smuggo:

I got a female Fennekin with Blaze. I named it Weatherwax.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I don't know if they raised the shiny rates, but I just got my first shiny, an Azurill... with Thick Fat. :negative:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

online posted:

You can ask cordially if you can have your shipping costs refunded.

I have free Prime from being a student; there's nothing to refund. I just wouldn't have ordered from them at all had there been any indication that this would be the sole exception to the "you get your item on or even before release date" thing Amazon's had going on for the last few years for me.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Gann Jerrod posted:

I don't know if they raised the shiny rates, but I just got my first shiny, an Azurill... with Thick Fat. :negative:

Isn't there an item that changes abilities at some point in this one? It may be too early to write this one off just yet!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

A random Japanese player invited me to trade and just shows off his Charmeleon and Frogadier and quits.

Thanks.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nerdbot posted:

A random Japanese player invited me to trade and just shows off his Charmeleon and Frogadier and quits.

Thanks.

The more things change, the more they remain the same. :3:

Rolled into the first gym with my Fennekin, a Pidgey, and a Spewpa. Caught a whole mess of things, though. There's a ton of early-game variety that I'm not used to! Does Spewpa just not eat? She didn't seem to want any puffs. :(

Can't wait to see what her pattern will be in Vivillon form. Not reading anything about who gets what. I've seen the colors, I'm kinda hoping for default Meadow, but there are so many good ones...

• Locked thread