Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Hell, it's a pretty successful second-ever landing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

A couple nights back, a buddy and I were flooded with armored trucks for several in game hours. They were spawning everywhere, even out in the desert. Now we're lucky to see one per real day. Anyone know if their spawn rate got neutered or something?

I just have so many stickies to share in exchange for cash sacks :(

I have this happen sometimes. It seems that if I pull out of my apartment, they spawn. It lasted about an hour last night, and made me $100k.

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye

Moochewmoo posted:

Also if you press down on the Dpad twice your mini map becomes amazing.

Try it out.

I think you actually can enable that map size as default under the Online->Options tab.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

any colour you like posted:

I think you actually can enable that map size as default under the Online->Options tab.

Oh wow. If you can do this that is the greatest thing about online (well this and watching people try to kill me in passive mode), I love having a large map like that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I didn't see this question answered so I will ask it. When should we expect to receive our $500,000 settlement?

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Hopefully in a few hours (Or at some time tonight) I'll stop nerding it up replaying FF6 and Jedi Outcast and get on this fancy new multiplayer I've been neglecting. Only level 7 still. 360 GT is IllGarrett, feel free to add, invite, and what have you.

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 12, 2013

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye

RCarr posted:

I didn't see this question answered so I will ask it. When should we expect to receive our $500,000 settlement?

You'll recieve the first $250 000 at the end of next week if they can confirm they have fixed most of the problems with characters getting deleted and stuff. You'll get the last $250 000 close to the end of the month.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Problem is that it hides your health bar, endurance bar and armor bar.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Aaronicon posted:

Hell, it's a pretty successful second-ever landing.

This reminds me: My friends and I were doing No Hay Bronca and were on our way to blow up the cars. When we got there, I started to get out of my friend's car, but he backed up "to a safe distance; don't want them to shoot out the tires" while I was getting out, dragging me along. He parked his car on the railroad tracks and got out, heedless of the oncoming train. I managed to pick myself up out of the way as the train made off with his car like some big industrial valet. At least the tires were okay when he went back for it so we could chase down the gang leader.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Lugubrious posted:

Pick the racing bike and hold R1 to go aerodynamic, laugh at people who think you're hacking when you win by 45 seconds.

They're learning. I had a race where everyone knew.

The gold rush might be over. :(

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Well, since the goon PS3 squad is full, I'm just gonna throw my PSN out there: NattyBo1985. Just include goon in friend message or something, would love to play with goons.

Last night ended up farming the meth barn survival mission. 22k for surviving 10 waves, made close to 100k before everyone had to quit. Spent like 10 of that and then got ganked a couple of times, but still really fun. I wish there were more people doing survival

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

NattyBo posted:

Well, since the goon PS3 squad is full, I'm just gonna throw my PSN out there: NattyBo1985. Just include goon in friend message or something, would love to play with goons.

Last night ended up farming the meth barn survival mission. 22k for surviving 10 waves, made close to 100k before everyone had to quit. Spent like 10 of that and then got ganked a couple of times, but still really fun. I wish there were more people doing survival

Where abouts is that one? I love modes like this, so I think I found my favorite moneymaker.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Anyone up for trading race wins in the super class this morning? Track will be Criminal Record (30 second race). Get some quick unlocks and make a little dough before they figure out a way to patch out win-trading too. XBL: Hawkown

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Fooley posted:

Where abouts is that one? I love modes like this, so I think I found my favorite moneymaker.

I think it's called the boneyard. I'm not sure where it starts, but it came up after my buddy initiated a different survivor and after we figured out where to set up it was sooooooo easy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Funkmaster General posted:

Anyone know of any super cars with lots of customization options?

There's a list here:

http://gta.wikia.com/Los_Santos_Customs

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

ATTN: pubbies

Please stop making every loving race in existence a supercar race. Supercar races are boring as poo poo.

The thing is that these are the same people that have no concept of braking. They pick these cars thinking "huuurrr durrrr car so fast so fun :downs:" but they have no idea how to control them. So expect them to all go flying right past that turn 1 that has anything like a 90 degree angle. Overtake > win.

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I had no idea you could jump a moving train. I'm currently on a flatbed on a train circling the city. I really really need someone to join me and place a huge bounty on my head. GT: GET MY BELT SON

edit
it won't let me take a pic while on the train but this is what it looks like

it's perfect

Another funny thing I like to do, similar to this, when I get a large bounty on my head: I grab a helicopter and fly up to the top of the tallest building in Los Santos with a sniper rifle (the one with the white helipad). It then becomes a large game of king of the hill. You get two types of people that play this:

1. Those who awkwardly hang around the bottom of the building, twiddling their thumbs, because they can't figure out how to get on top of the building. They'll do this for as long as you exist with the bounty up there.
2. Those who grab helicopters and fly towards you to try and kill you up there. Try and snipe them out the air before they land. It only gets more interesting when you're unsuccessful at this and you're chasing each other around the giant white helipad to the Benny Hill theme trying to off each other.

Now in something completely unrelated to that: goons, what's the best cash generating mission you can farm at around level 27? I'm looking to farm a bit for car mods and other fun.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

XenophobicAirport posted:

The thing is that these are the same people that have no concept of braking. They pick these cars thinking "huuurrr durrrr car so fast so fun :downs:" but they have no idea how to control them. So expect them to all go flying right past that turn 1 that has anything like a 90 degree angle. Overtake > win.

Another funny thing I like to do, similar to this, when I get a large bounty on my head: I grab a helicopter and fly up to the top of the tallest building in Los Santos with a sniper rifle (the one with the white helipad). It then becomes a large game of king of the hill. You get two types of people that play this:

1. Those who awkwardly hang around the bottom of the building, twiddling their thumbs, because they can't figure out how to get on top of the building. They'll do this for as long as you exist with the bounty up there.
2. Those who grab helicopters and fly towards you to try and kill you up there. Try and snipe them out the air before they land. It only gets more interesting when you're unsuccessful at this and you're chasing each other around the giant white helipad to the Benny Hill theme trying to off each other.

Now in something completely unrelated to that: goons, what's the best cash generating mission you can farm at around level 27? I'm looking to farm a bit for car mods and other fun.

And there's option 3. The ones like me who climb the nearby crane and snipe you back. :)

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

XenophobicAirport posted:

I always like to do the Sandy Shores Survivor mission for the $20k payout. Takes a little while but it's hard to fail and it ups your shooting stat too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

El Hefe posted:

And there's option 3. The ones like me who climb the nearby crane and snipe you back. :)

If you climbed the crane to snipe me, I wouldn’t even be mad. It takes nign forever to climb that thing.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Platystemon posted:

If you climbed the crane to snipe me, I wouldn’t even be mad. It takes nign forever to climb that thing.

I just take a heli to the top of the building and walk carefully on the beam connecting the crane to the building an from there it's only like 3 flights of stairs.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

JAssassin posted:

Before the botched convenience store robbery:

After:

The Sandking can take such a beating and will never stop. :allears:

Nothing stops the Sandking.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Lucid Delusion posted:

Nothing stops the Sandking.

High gas prices :smugdog:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

El Hefe posted:

I just take a heli to the top of the building and walk carefully on the beam connecting the crane to the building an from there it's only like 3 flights of stairs.

Well that’s just not the same. :colbert:

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.

Platystemon posted:

I'm going to have to take note of where that thing is.

Just had a really surreal experience. I had to leave a race because of a 12 year old British kid singing pop songs over the mic in the highest pitched voice to have npc army soldiers screaming "PLEASE LEAVE THE AREA!" and "SIR - YOU CANNOT BE HERE!" at me during the loading screen out. Now being shouted at by French people. :psyduck:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
It really sucks that Deathmatch payouts are so loving awful because Deathmatch is actually kinda fun :shobon:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

VarXX posted:

It really sucks that Deathmatch payouts are so loving awful because Deathmatch is actually kinda fun :shobon:

They're not terrible RP if you kill a ton of people.

It is a shame though; the stealth system makes deathmatches more interesting than I would normally think.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone tried getting a bounty or 5 Star Wanted Level and then boarding the train? I have a feeling you could be close to invulnerable in it, seeing as how it allows you to auto aim from moving cover. A pubbie would have to be pretty clever about trying to kill you.

Probably be a pretty boring ride, though.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Pickled Kittens posted:

It is a shame though; the stealth system makes deathmatches more interesting than I would normally think.

We need more people at 100 stealth. I want to see it from other perspectives.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Was tooling around in a car I just stole from some npc driveway to see if I wanted to fix it up. Minding my own business I see this guy ahead driving towards me. I try to avoid him but he swerves into me and knocks me off the road. I figure well could be an honest mistake and beep to say all good. He whips out a smg and peppers the hood of my car. No monsieur, that dog won't hunt. So I chucked a sticky bomb onto the passenger seat of his car. He tried to drive away quickly, which was futile really. Let him get near some parked cars half a block away before I hit the detonator. So pretty.

He respawned and I drove up next to him and beeped again. He left the server. This game is great despite its faults.

GangsterIsland
Jul 7, 2011

It's

GIBBS

Ho
I've been keeping up with this thread and don't think I've seen this question asked yet, but sorry if this is a repeat. Why is there a text from the epsilon program in my phone that won't go away? If I go to their website it says my IP is blocked....

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm all for a different angle on death penalties as I hate that the hospitals take 2k. I think I'd actually be more ok with it if the player who killed me got that amount [or like 1k] because I would know I could go creeping on dudes for the same...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

VarXX posted:

9k not terrible for those quick 30 kills 5 min matches as long as you are getting 1st place.

Get up on something, people never look up. Also your phone still works during them. Call Lester, have him reveal the people on the map. Call Brucie, get some Bullshark in you.

GomJabbar
Jul 25, 2013

by The Finn

Kloaked00 posted:

So maybe I'm stupid, but where on your phone can you deposit your cash?

Maze Bank on the fake internet

It really makes me wonder why they even bothered with ATMs.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

GomJabbar posted:

Maze Bank on the fake internet

It really makes me wonder why they even bothered with ATMs.

To screw with stupid people that don't read the hints in the tutorial. Seems like something Rockstar would do.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Update on criminal records exp glitch:

I've been running it with Angry_Greek.

They capped RP at 5k per mission overnight.

Do all those settings but only 2 laps.

They main key is to do your slower lap first, then your fastest lap last. The fastest lap has to beat the first lap by at least 4 seconds. You can do it on 3 laps, first lap slowest, 2nd lap faster, 3rd lap fastest. All seperated by at least 5 seconds. But since they capped it at 5k, 2 laps will do it. Doesn't matter who wins.

GangsterIsland
Jul 7, 2011

It's

GIBBS

Ho
What's the easiest way to get a sheriff SUV?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

GangsterIsland posted:

What's the easiest way to get a sheriff SUV?

Have a friend get the chopper with missles. The friend gets a 4 star wanted while up north, you follow on the ground wait for one to spawn, and take the officers out and drive away. Call Lester to kill your Wanted Level after for an easier time.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So where's that free two-car garage? Was this disabled because of the disappearing stuff? I don't see it on Dynasty 8.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Can someone explain to me the racing rp glitch? I'm only getting like 650 rp total per win and I'm following the guides from last night. Did it get patched out or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Anyone on 360 down for some survival? I got Sandy Survival down to the point where its an automatic 20k. Add me GT is traaumatized

• Locked thread