Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
I got 3 fire starters now i feel stupid.

All Fire pokemon starters are my favorite though.

Not sure if i should keep them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Has anyone got the Lucky Egg yet? I'm at the fourth badge and I have spoken to everyone possible, but don't seem to have acquired it.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

rubbe posted:

I got 3 fire starters now i feel stupid.

All Fire pokemon starters are my favorite though.

Not sure if i should keep them.

This is what I'm doing. FIRE EVERYWHERE. Balance is for other people.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Daerc posted:

Froakie + Bulbasaur + event Torchic is what I suspect a fair number of folks have gone with.

I'm going Chespin - Squirtle - Event Torchic.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Stealthed Zombie posted:

This is me.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
When do I get Wonder Trade? I just beat the first gym.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

EvilHawk posted:

This is me.

Then once the Bank comes out or whatever, I'm gonna transfer all the starters I have in Black and White (Which is ALL OF THEM)

Does this one bring back the Pokeradar that you could use to chain into Shinies? I'm guessing not.

S Danger K posted:

When do I get Wonder Trade? I just beat the first gym.

It's there from the beginning. After you turn your Internet Services on, hit the button next to the Internet button that brings up a list. Wonder Trade is in that list of actions.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where is the name rater in this gen? I wanna change some nicknames.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Did they really take out the thing that lets you see whether you have captured all the Pokemon on a route?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Internet Kraken posted:

Where is the name rater in this gen? I wanna change some nicknames.

He's in a gate somewhere, I think before the second badge?

Crummelhorn posted:

Did they really take out the thing that lets you see whether you have captured all the Pokemon on a route?

Yes :(

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Roller Skates rule. I don't know what black magic trainers use to skate up and down stairs, but that's great too.

First area with trainers is a forest of bug catchers and Pikachu is a rare encounter? Pow, right in the nostalgia.

Also this game is so pretty. :swoon: Fairy type is going to trip me up a lot for a while, I think. Well, got that adorable flower critter on the team, that helps. And of course the second I reached the first proper town I went and bought a hat. I'm a sucker for that kind of customisation.

edit: burmy what are you doing what are you hanging from what

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nothing beats the look on a child's face when they pop a 3DS game in a regular DS...

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Are items on the ground all visible now or are do you still need to go pressing A around a lot of places.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crummelhorn posted:

Why the gently caress would they take this out, that was my favorite thing in W2 :argh:

Oh well, hey when can I use the wonder trade thing? I want to send out my Beedril in hopes that she finds a new home since I'm replacing her with Ralts.

Also I am shocked, SHOCKED, that they actually managed to make EV training fun.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Wow, this manual might as well have not been printed. It's just a three-part foldout, with only two 'pages' devoted to the actual game systems.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Same.

Nethilia posted:

Got the game an hour ago, and I haven't left my room oh my god this is going to be a long play. SO EXCITE I AM A BLACK GIRL. GOTY.

Also, this might get lost in the shuffle, but the Gen5 Dream World is back up. If you're trying for the 100+ Medal on B/W2 from it, put the game down long enough to tuck in and run!

ETA: why is my mom white and why won't she let me out of the house in my PJs.

Yeah I'm supper pumped to be brown :allears:. Mom's pretty tan though, so you could be mixed?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Goddammit Azurill you just hit level 18, become a Marill already. :negative:

A lot of you guys' questions can be figured out if you just mess around on the bottom screen.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I have used Ayl's Froakie he traded me maybe once or twice since it evolved into Frogadier and it's still staying a comfortable 2 1/2 level ahead of everyone else thanks to boosted exp and exp share. I love exp share so much.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Serebii's put together a list of updated attacks.

Energy Ball finally has the same attack power as Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Surf. I feel like I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. :allears:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Now that im in the areas for goomy I am going to start catching goomies and giving them out through wonder trade.

GOOMIES FOR EVERYONE!

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Is there a name rater in this game? I'd guess yes but if so is it far? I accidentally forgot to nickname my kickin' rad Pancham.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

OmanyteJackson posted:

Same.

Yeah I'm supper pumped to be brown :allears:. Mom's pretty tan though, so you could be mixed?

I just went with being mixed too. Explains the hair. I wonder if there's a dreadlocks hairstyle...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Holy poo poo you can do ingame trades straight from your PC box.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
I found a Riolu before the first gym. This game's diversity so far is insane.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I've had the game for two and a half hours now and loved every second of it. The thing that I loved best though is the length of the line outside of Gamestop consisting of other college age and above Poke-fans looking for their fix and laughing off their self-consciousness about wanting a "kiddy game".

Son of Isaac posted:

No kidding. Filling up your team with six unique guys in the first patch of grass is a welcome change of pace.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 12, 2013

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Goddamn it RNG. Stop giving me Pikachus, I already have one. :argh:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Son of Isaac posted:

Yeah I seriously love it. I'm glad they went with a smaller number of new Pokes, because it means they were able to crank up the diversity and nostalgia to 11. WHAT'S UP WILD METAPOD THAT KEEPS DOING HARDEN!

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

Has anyone got the Lucky Egg yet? I'm at the fourth badge and I have spoken to everyone possible, but don't seem to have acquired it.

It's... somewhere. Just keep talking to everyone you see, I got it midway through the game in a random house. It's not given to you in the story like Gen V.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

HeyItsAyls posted:

It's... somewhere. Just keep talking to everyone you see, I got it midway through the game in a random house. It's not given to you in the story like Gen V.

Do you remember if it was before or after you go back through not-Paris?

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Pokemon Amie seems incapable of recognizing me winking :smith:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wasn't sure I was going to like the Pokemon Amie but watching combee's 3 faces follow my stylus around was pretty cute.

Also wonder trade would be great if there was something in it to stop people from flooding it with fletchlings.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
So usually I don't try to catch all the mons, and after gen III I don't even pretend to catch most of them. But with catching giving experience (so, sure I'll throw this pokeball because catch rates are dumb for pokemon below level 20) and wonder trade being the most fun, I think I'm... catching them all?

I give sensible nicknames.

OH GOD, as I type this a loving horde of SCRAGGY what STOP.

EDIT: Scraggy stop using sand attack :(

GenericGirlName fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 12, 2013

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Stealthed Zombie posted:

This, except I'm probably not going to use Torchic and will ditch Squirtle as soon as I can find a Clauncher.

Game is amazing so far. So many fantastic little touches, like how your character kneels down to talk to kids and actually animates putting items in the bag. And the super training is hella fun.

How long til I can find a Houndour? Just finished the first gym.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Oh my god your character has an idle animation and blinks regularly! I don't even know why this excites me!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Daerc posted:

Froakie + Bulbasaur + event Torchic is what I suspect a fair number of folks have gone with.

This is what I'm doing. I would've gone with Chespin, but two of my friends are getting the thing. Didn't want the poor frog to go unloved.

My team right now is Kermit the Froakie, Birb the Flechling, Bunita the Bunnelby, Jotaro the Pacham, BadtotheBone the Skiddo and Fatty the Pikachu. All of them are female because the game won't stop throwing them at me for some reason.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
There's so many sweet Pokemon right from the start, I don't know who to pick!
That Farfetch'd you can get at the beginning is so kicking rad, I wish it's base stats weren't utter poo poo.
Tell me now: Does it get an evolution?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Frogadier
Flichinder
Ivysaur
Ralts

And a Honedge and that t-rex dude when I find them.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

horriblePencilist posted:

There's so many sweet Pokemon right from the start, I don't know who to pick!
That Farfetch'd you can get at the beginning is so kicking rad, I wish it's base stats weren't utter poo poo.
Tell me now: Does it get an evolution?

Why on earth did you trade for a Farfetch'd.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yay! I got a Pokemon game and I'm at my grams house!

Without my charger and the batteries died a half hour in. I don't want to go home right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
They're here to steal my hotdog bread and be noisy.

• Locked thread