Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hair posted:

I got mine from GAME, they had it sent like 5 hours before it was on the store so I'd imagine they just send them straight out now. :)

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Wonder traded a dunsparce for a zubat.
Then the zubat for a psyduck and now a flabebe. This is only going downhill.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

AboveAndBeyond posted:

Wonder traded a dunsparce for a zubat.
Then the zubat for a psyduck and now a flabebe. This is only going downhill.

Next will be one of the lovely elemental monkeys :haw:

e: on the upside, wonder trades give you points which you can trade for items

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Just got my rear end kicked hard by a japanese guy who subsequently gave me a Nice! and a neverending supply of Attack Power Ups.
Is he being passive-aggressive?

Possibly, but you level up the O-powers by using them a bunch. If you have people on your friends list playing, you might as well throw them an O-power once in a while. Sure, you can use it on yourself, but that takes more energy.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Fennekin's evolution pulls the stick out of it's tail, twirls it around, and throws a fireball when it uses Ember.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Daerc posted:

I got the lovely fire one after that. Fuckin' wonder trade is the best feature. Anyone farther along in the game actually get good returns from it?

How do I add people to friends in this one?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I heard something about being able to reset EVs with Super Training - how do you do that?

And what exactly should I be doing with EV training? I assume with someone like Fennekin/Delphox you'd want Sp. Atk and Speed Evs?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Did I gently caress up by getting my Charmander in Y instead of X, or will there be a way to get the evolution stones needed without needing to get to the point when I select my Kanto starter, trading it and Chespin to Y, then starting X over again?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxyclean posted:

I heard something about being able to reset EVs with Super Training - how do you do that?

Occasionally you'll get an item called a reset bag to drop and that'll do it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Is Global Link more or less universally down? I keep getting the 'Information is being processed' error

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Oraculum Animi posted:

Fennekin's evolution pulls the stick out of it's tail, twirls it around, and throws a fireball when it uses Ember.

I don't mind the third evo, but I don't want the middle one to end. I want to be a magical shoujo fox forever. :(

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Just wonder traded some trash pidgey I got from a Japanese dude for a Hawlucha :c00l: holla holla dollah bills :c00l:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

Is Global Link more or less universally down? I keep getting the 'Information is being processed' error

I think it may be over capacity or something, it was working this morning but as more people get it and start connecting I reckon it's causing quite the strain.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

AboveAndBeyond posted:

I got the lovely fire one after that. Fuckin' wonder trade is the best feature. Anyone farther along in the game actually get good returns from it?

How do I add people to friends in this one?

I have traded 20 goomys and have got 7 pikachus, 6 of different varities of elemental monkey, a venipede, 3 flabebes, 2 pidgeys and a eevee.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Just got a lvl 5 Pikachu for a lvl 2 Fledgling, so far so good :3:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Daerc posted:

You can get items? I've been nonstop wonder trading because it's addictive, I didn't know I could actually get something good out of it. Save my level 37 gourgiest, which I think is giant.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
I literally just got a shiny Woobat from the Wonder Trade.

Guys, this game is :krad:. I'm having an inordinately large amount of fun playing with Wonder Trade and the random strangers you can give O-Power to (why did Nintendo not realize how dirty that sounds?). I got a female Chespin with a nice nature without having to reset the game once, and with the EXP share it is super easy to pick up a pokemon and play with it for a few levels.

Also, is it just me or does saving your game happen a LOT quicker this time around?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Sprite141 posted:

You can get items? I've been nonstop wonder trading because it's addictive, I didn't know I could actually get something good out of it. Save my level 37 gourgiest, which I think is giant.

Yeah, pokemiles or something like that. You can trade those in for items. I've not looked too much beyond grabbing a handful of ultra balls because they're like 60 a piece.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Illuen posted:

I literally just got a shiny Woobat from the Wonder Trade.

Guys, this game is :krad:. I'm having an inordinately large amount of fun playing with Wonder Trade and the random strangers you can give O-Power to (why did Nintendo not realize how dirty that sounds?). I got a female Chespin with a nice nature without having to reset the game once, and with the EXP share it is super easy to pick up a pokemon and play with it for a few levels.

Also, is it just me or does saving your game happen a LOT quicker this time around?

No, saving is definitely way faster. It's pretty much instant.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Magikarp's animation is the derpiest thing ever, I love it :3:

Just flops there like its dying.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I just critical captured an Inkay, so I guess that mechanic is back.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just got a fuckin' lvl 10 doduo from a Japanese dude for a lvl 2 Fletchling :stonk:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dammit this thread is making me want a 3DS and a game.

I guess it's my fault for reading it, but I'm still annoyed I don't have one.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Mondlicht posted:

No, saving is definitely way faster. It's pretty much instant.

I came to the thread just to comment on this. The save speed is wonderful.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Dammit this thread is making me want a 3DS and a game.

I guess it's my fault for reading it, but I'm still annoyed I don't have one.

I bought my 3DS and my DS Lite a year or so ago simply to prepare for this game :kimchi:

also n'thing the save function taking not forever-and-a-half.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fairies are tripping me up already. drat you Ralts, Bite used to kill you off with ease! :argh:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Man guys, please nickname your pokemon if you're gonna wondertrade them. This is the second scatterbug from another region that's just named the foreign name of scatterbug.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
... Did charmander always learn Dragon rage at 16?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

... Did charmander always learn Dragon rage at 16?

Not always, but since gen 3 or 4 I think.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

Man guys, please nickname your pokemon if you're gonna wondertrade them. This is the second scatterbug from another region that's just named the foreign name of scatterbug.

Ive been naming all of mine "Transgender[oppositeGenderSymbol]".

I'm ten years old.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Where do you catch Inkay? Read that it's before the second Gym which is pretty unhelpful advice given that that's a pretty big chunk of game.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Rash a okay nature for Froakie ?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

thebardyspoon posted:

Where do you catch Inkay? Read that it's before the second Gym which is pretty unhelpful advice given that that's a pretty big chunk of game.

On route 8 past the connecting cave. They're assholes and annoying to catch.

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Just found a motherfucking Bagon after the first gym. Holy poo poo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All the pikachus in my game have a messed up butt tail. Like the tail instead of ending with a straight edge instead ends like a butt.

also is there a list of available clothes? I want a suit of armor.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

S Danger K posted:

Just found a motherfucking Bagon after the first gym. Holy poo poo.

What? WHERE?

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Just got my first ever naturally occuring shiny wild pokémon. As in, the first one I've ever seen in any game. It's a female Espurr and she's mine forever :haw:

Funfact: Shiny Espurr is pink!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Tusen Takk posted:

What? WHERE?

Same place as Inkay, route 8

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

All the pikachus in my game have a messed up butt tail. Like the tail instead of ending with a straight edge instead ends like a butt.

also is there a list of available clothes? I want a suit of armor.

The notch in a Pikachu's tail is sexual dimorphism. There are creatures in the game that have different female and male models. All of the notched tailed Pikachu are female.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

WendigoJohnson posted:

Those are female Pikachus.

E: f,b

• Locked thread