Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Does anybody know where the move deleter is? Wondertrade permitted a Japanese player to trade me an Espurr with Cut, and while I love the Espurr, I could do without the HM Move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh man I was just kinda idly training the Scatterbug I caught to see what it would evolve into and now it's turned into a cute little head in a fuzzy cocoon. Spewpa is my new favorite.

Now if only she'd learn some attack moves besides tackle...

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh man I was just kinda idly training the Scatterbug I caught to see what it would evolve into and now it's turned into a cute little head in a fuzzy cocoon. Spewpa is my new favorite.

Now if only she'd learn some attack moves besides tackle...

Hang in there, it follows the early evolver bug type trend where if you somehow manage to get it to 12 you'll be well rewarded. That means having to deal with that whopping 9 attack stat and only having tackle for a while, though.

I love that they have different wing color patterns depending on the region setting of your 3DS, the one I got here down at Mexico has some lovely earthy tones :allears:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Does anyone know where the name rater is? I was hunting for a modest compound eyes scatterbug, but since the leaked stats for vivillion may not be perfectly correct I figure I'd settle for a timid one instead.

'Cept it has a dumb name. That's dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My Honedge wants to learn Shadow Sneak. What should I replace? He has, Autotomize, Pursuit, Rock Smash, Metal Sound.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I said come in! posted:

My Honedge wants to learn Shadow Sneak. What should I replace? He has, Autotomize, Pursuit, Rock Smash, Metal Sound.

I'd say Pursuit. Not many thing have tried escaping outside of the Electric Gym and Volt Switch.

e: Blaziken learns Brave Bird at 49. :getin:
e2: Nevermind it has for a while... :doh:
e3: The Attack Animation for Brave Bird is the greatest.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 13, 2013

MapleCarnage
Dec 30, 2010
I don't know how to deal with Torchic's pixel butthole. Also how soon after the first gym do I get the EXP share?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Man every time I encounter a first generation pokemon I get so excited. Weedle! :3:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

MapleCarnage posted:

I don't know how to deal with Torchic's pixel butthole. Also how soon after the first gym do I get the EXP share?

I think right after you try and leave the town to go to the next place.

I'm so glad they finally decided to mix it up with the starter sub-types. I can't believe they did Fire/Fight 3 generations in a row.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Why is Gardevoir so good but Ralts the biggest peice of poo poo in the game :negative:

MapleCarnage posted:

Literally as you walk out of the town. Also the second gym is hours after the first. I've already been able to get a team that I can use for the rest of the game and I still haven't reached gym #2.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Someone was looking for Bagon, I can't remember who: I found him on ROUTE 8.
(Also : I found Absol, Zangoose and Seviper there)

I'm on Pokemon X, just in case.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
So evidently I've missed some sort of post game trigger to unlock the rival battle in Kiloude city. I'm close to shooting myself trying to figure this out.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Checked the IVs on the Riolu I had been raising, had 3 31s :swoon:

Also, it's really hard to get to the second gym. I just keep doing everything else and it's hard to stop.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Wifi Battles fully heal your Pokemon afterwards. I was in a cave with two of my Pokemon fainted, and I got a request to battle someone. After I finished all my 'Mons were fully healed.

Hallelujah

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.
I've never been so tempted to buy a console just for one game so badly.

Is the normal 3DS really bad compared to the larger one?

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

E3 Keynote posted:

So evidently I've missed some sort of post game trigger to unlock the rival battle in Kiloude city. I'm close to shooting myself trying to figure this out.

I can't say I have the personal experience to back it up, but it sounds like you need to wait a day from what people have been saying. Set your clock forward to 11:59 or whatever if you really can't wait.

BougieBitch fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 13, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Char posted:

Someone was looking for Bagon, I can't remember who: I found him on ROUTE 8.
(Also : I found Absol, Zangoose and Seviper there)

I'm on Pokemon X, just in case.

Yeah the Bagon I caught was on Route 8 too (Pokemon Y)

I also found an Axew in the cave leading to Cyllage City. I put it on GTS hoping someone will trade me a Noibat but I'm not getting my hopes up. :negative:

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

E3 Keynote posted:

What in the gently caress, I've only just hit Not-Paris. You people are insane.

Rude Lion Guns
May 7, 2008
I'm only a few routes in and I already have about 30 Pokémon. This game :stare:

I'm enjoying the game a lot, although I do have to say that the horde fights are surprisingly not fun. I got ambushed by a bunch of Scraggys and all five of them would immediately Sand-Attack whatever I sent out, so I just ran. I'm thinking that they were designed with multi-hit attacks in mind, but they still seem somewhat tedious. Hopefully I never run into anything with Arena Trap/moves that prevent running. :(

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy

BougieBitch posted:

I can't say I have the personal experience to back it up, but it sounds like you need to wait a day from what people have been saying. Set your clock forward to 11:59 or whatever if you really can't wait.

I beat the E4 4 days ago :(

Scher
Sep 15, 2011

~Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~
When is the first town when I can actually buy clothes and not just hats? There's been an unfortunate dearth of cute dresses for me to buy and I'm not very happy about that.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Annnnnnd now I've got my female Thunder Wave/False Swipe Absol.
This game triggers too many OCD habits.

MapleCarnage
Dec 30, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Why is Gardevoir so good but Ralts the biggest peice of poo poo in the game :negative:

Literally as you walk out of the town. Also the second gym is hours after the first. I've already been able to get a team that I can use for the rest of the game and I still haven't reached gym #2.

Good to know thanks. I haven't been so excited for a game in a while; it makes me feel like I'm ten years younger. Also the Torchic I have has a Lonely nature to go with the Modest female Froakie I started with :getin:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Rude Lion Guns posted:

I'm only a few routes in and I already have about 30 Pokémon. This game :stare:

I'm enjoying the game a lot, although I do have to say that the horde fights are surprisingly not fun. I got ambushed by a bunch of Scraggys and all five of them would immediately Sand-Attack whatever I sent out, so I just ran. I'm thinking that they were designed with multi-hit attacks in mind, but they still seem somewhat tedious. Hopefully I never run into anything with Arena Trap/moves that prevent running. :(

It's a terrible fate. I encounted a horde of Wobbbuffet last night. I watched slowly as all my mons got obliterated.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

TJO posted:

I've never been so tempted to buy a console just for one game so badly.

Is the normal 3DS really bad compared to the larger one?

+Lighter
+$30 cheaper

-Much less battery life
-Small screen
-Buttons aren't as well designed
-Not quite as sturdy

Get the XL. There's a reason the 3DS thread is titled "yes, buy the XL (and Fire Emblem)."

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Alakazam line is bad about this too. Possibly worse, actually... At least Ralts learns something besides Teleport. :argh:

...I still love both lines.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I'm taking this game a lot slower than ones I've picked up before...which worries me. It's probably just because I'm super busy, but this gen is still shaping out to be quite fun.

Anyone else find it interesting/horrible/actually kinda nice that Exp. Share now gives to all pokemon no matter what? I'm not sure if I like it or not. Seems the only way to specify leveling up certain pokemon is to keep just them in your party.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

InterrupterJones posted:

I'm taking this game a lot slower than ones I've picked up before...which worries me. It's probably just because I'm super busy, but this gen is still shaping out to be quite fun.

Anyone else find it interesting/horrible/actually kinda nice that Exp. Share now gives to all pokemon no matter what? I'm not sure if I like it or not. Seems the only way to specify leveling up certain pokemon is to keep just them in your party.

I really like it. For no reason my Doublade just dies all the time, so it's nice to be able to level it still. Need to find a Dusk Stone though.

Mav-san
Oct 22, 2012
So, does Eevee actually evolve to Sylveon throught Max Pokémon Amie stats + Fairy move, or simply by learning a Fairy move?

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

If this is the first game I cannot almost immediately have a Vulpix in my team, I will actually die. :byodame:

Very surprised the guidebook wasn't released the same day (at least in my state). Did I catch every pokemon available on this route? I NEED TO KNOW. :byodame:!!!

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

InterrupterJones posted:

You can just toggle the exp share off if it ever becomes a problem for some reason.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You can turn the EXP Share off.

deftest
May 7, 2011
so, Pikachu in the first forest? This is starting to get into "inappropriately long time" territory searching for one...

EDIT: FOUND. MUST CATCH.

deftest fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 13, 2013

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

How is this generation for bug pokemon, the type I am strictly concerned with, if not neccesarily All About

edit:I googled and it's just another trash moth. Oh man that is dire, so dire

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 13, 2013

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

deftest posted:

so, Pikachu in the first forest? This is starting to get into "inappropriately long time" territory searching for one...

In the area after you leave the forest I ran into like 5 in a row, dunno if the encounter rate is higher there or something.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

deftest posted:

The first pokemon I ran into was a female pikachu. I feel kind of bad because I hate pikachu and never catch them on principle. Hahaha.

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN
Does anyone want to trade any Y exclusive to me for a Swirlix (X Exclusive)?

If so my Friend code is 4356-0053-5883

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
Where do you get the Cut HM? I'm in Champier town, and I've been making sure to talk to everyone ...

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

tentawesome posted:

Where do you get the Cut HM? I'm in Champier town, and I've been making sure to talk to everyone ...

I think it's in the hedge-maze in Poke-Versailles. If not it's in that other hedge-maze. Either way, watch out for hedges and mazes and you'll find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RentACop posted:

How is this generation for bug pokemon, the type I am strictly concerned with, if not neccesarily All About

Vivillon rules and I would use one if I didn't pick the grass starter. Apparently the pattern on the wings is determined by the region your 3DS is set to or something

• Locked thread