Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverWyvern
Feb 23, 2013
The game has just been released; time to flood the thread with questions! Anyone know how early I can get a Larvitar/Deino/Sneasel/Pawniard? (Dark-Types Rule!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

When's the earliest I can get my hands on a Noibat? Still thinking about team building.

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

Is it not possible to catch that Snorlax? :( went through 10 different balls while he was at red.

Edit: oh I see now. I'll get him yet then.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Where can I find a Dusk Stone? I need my shield-bro

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

SilverWyvern posted:

The game has just been released; time to flood the thread with questions! Anyone know how early I can get a Larvitar/Deino/Sneasel/Pawniard? (Dark-Types Rule!)

I just saw Pawniard on Route 14 in X version.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

Pez Ez Dispenser posted:

Is it not possible to catch that Snorlax? :( went through 10 different balls while he was at red.

I caught him with the timer balls they give you in paris.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Desperate Character posted:

Why are people so worried about natures and IVs at this point? Just play the game for fun the first time around and breed a stronger team later on :psyduck:

This. Though I do dabble in competitive stuff, I always prefer playing normally the first time through. "Story" first, "intensity" later I suppose.

So I just threw out a Furfrou expecting something cool, and I got another Flabebe. :doh:

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Why are people so worried about natures and IVs at this point? Just play the game for fun the first time around and breed a stronger team later on :psyduck:

Cause this is Pokemon, it's what we do. I regularly wouldn't care, but where else am I going to get a Speed Boost Blaziken now that the Dream World got closed down? :saddowns:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Flopsy posted:

When's the earliest I can get my hands on a Noibat? Still thinking about team building.

Victory road. A kind goon would probably trade you a baby one if you asked though.

Pez Ez Dispenser posted:

He's kind of tough for a pokeball. Use greatballs or a special ball instead.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Maxmaps posted:

Cause this is Pokemon, it's what we do. I regularly wouldn't care, but where else am I going to get a Speed Boost Blaziken now that the Dream World got closed down? :saddowns:

Don't worry, they'll develop PokeGen for this gen soon enough. That's how I trashed my Black version all the way to hell.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Maxmaps posted:

I just find it funny everyone is getting their Torchics now and not waiting until Pokemon Bank comes out in December. That way you can have a full gimmick team at the ready. I don't blame you if you were planning to use Torchic on your teams now but there is no rush :v:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Change the date on your 3DS and all the clothing shops get new stock.

You are not penalized at all and you can get matching colors for everything.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
My vivillon just evolved and is green. This isn't a shiny is it? Also about azumaril, I just tried it in a battle and its attacks seem super weak. It has thick fat and I don't see huge power on it anywhere. Do I need to find another?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Unbound posted:

Daycare is after the first gym.

Aaah, it's the first one? That's awesome! I thought it was the second, and everyone was saying that would take hours to get to (even though I'm spending hours on this).

Apparently the everstone is in Geosenge Town, wherever that is. I don't suppose someone doesn't want theirs? :ninja:

DiabloStarCraft posted:

My vivillon just evolved and is green. This isn't a shiny is it? Also about azumaril, I just tried it in a battle and its attacks seem super weak. It has thick fat and I don't see huge power on it anywhere. Do I need to find another?

Vivillion looks different depending on the irl location it was caught. And yeah, huge power is an ability so you need a new one.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

I just find it funny everyone is getting their Torchics now and not waiting until Pokemon Bank comes out in December. That way you can have a full gimmick team at the ready. I don't blame you if you were planning to use Torchic on your teams now but there is no rush :v:

I didn't get a Speed Boost Torchic in Black. Unless you mean wait until it comes out and people start throwing Pokegen pokes into X and Y, which honestly is reasonable.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Sent one of the Pikachus I caught to some guy in Austrailia. Goodbye, Thundersmash!
Edit: The gently caress is a Swirlix???

Squallege fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 13, 2013

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Azurill should have huge power on it when you catch it. If it has thick fat, it'll have that all the way to Azumarill. Have fun breeding!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I got challenged to a battle by a passerby from Japan a while ago. For some reason I assumed it'd limit you to 3 pokemon, so I only sent out half my team. Except the other guy's stuff was all unevolved (except his frogadier and combusken) stuff from very early in the game, and I had a venusaur, honedge, and frogadier. I KO'd all six of his dudes without any of mine going down.

I think I bullied a Japanese child today. :smith:

Also, the following pokemon own hard: honedge/doublade, talonflame, vivillon

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I think this would go faster if I catch a synchronize ralts or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So someone explain to me what the deal is with the uh "hub" part of Pokemon Amie. Where your little guy is dancing around as you run and there are seat cushions and you can put down a cupcake? Are all these Pokemon that keep showing up from other players? I'm not connected to the internet right now

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Mine's like, red and blue with a little yellow.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What am I supposed to do once I get to Ambrette Town? Currently roughly level 25 pokemon with only one badge.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Walrus Pete posted:

I got challenged to a battle by a passerby from Japan a while ago. For some reason I assumed it'd limit you to 3 pokemon, so I only sent out half my team. Except the other guy's stuff was all unevolved (except his frogadier and combusken) stuff from very early in the game, and I had a venusaur, honedge, and frogadier. I KO'd all six of his dudes without any of mine going down.

I think I bullied a Japanese child today. :smith:

A kid sent me a challenge where I won entirely because my team was evolved while his wasn't. A few hours later he sends me another battle request and wins handily because now his team is stronger than mine.

He won't stop sending me battle requests now :shepface:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Macaluso posted:

So someone explain to me what the deal is with the uh "hub" part of Pokemon Amie. Where your little guy is dancing around as you run and there are seat cushions and you can put down a cupcake? Are all these Pokemon that keep showing up from other players? I'm not connected to the internet right now

If you put down a puff pokemon will leave gifts for you and your mon.

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

He's kind of tough for a pokeball. Use greatballs or a special ball instead.

I used 3 ultras, timer, several greats, and a luxury. I guess I just got ridiculously unlucky. :(

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Pez Ez Dispenser posted:

Snorlax was relatively easy. I expected to be a big, bulky motherfucker with a low catch rate. The ones I've had trouble getting to stay in their little balls were Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Solrock, Lunatone, and Seviper. Each of those cost me a small fortune in pokeballs. Never did catch that Solrock after it ate over 10 greatballs and a duskball. Since the game doesn't let you run over and stomp on the pokeball to hold it closed with your foot, I just KOed the squinty rock bastard after it KOed a third of my team.

Also, this generation should be named "Pokemon: Overload". You trip over at least two monsters on every route that you want in your team, either for nostalgia reasons, stat reasons, or the fact that they're new and awesome.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

I knew the honedge family line would be awesome, since we've needed a steel/ghost for a while now. Same goes for the Inkay family that is Dark/Psychic.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are personality traits still a thing? I couldn't help but be annoyed by them trying to play Diamond knowing anything I catch could be gimped 10% in its most important stat in return for a 10% boost in its least important.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
aaargh gently caress this Azurill, dude is level 23 and has not evolved yet. I've been playing with it in pokemon-amie and it's always in the first slot. Haven't been knocked out at all and it won't evolve blaaaurrrgh. Did get my Honedge, which owns though.

Pokemon-Amie : Petting Balls and Stroking Swords

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Yes, personality traits are still a thing. So are IVs. EVs are as well but you can actually interact with them in a meaningful way via Super Training.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I'm pretty sure it's more than 10%, and yeah totally it's a thing. There's a ton of ways around them but I just started soooo.....

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Why do Pikachu look so aggressive in this game :stare:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I just found the giant ice needed for Glaceon. I saw someone ask about it. It's after the 6th gym.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Republicans posted:

Are personality traits still a thing? I couldn't help but be annoyed by them trying to play Diamond knowing anything I catch could be gimped 10% in its most important stat in return for a 10% boost in its least important.

Dude, it's 10% and it's a kid's game. Unless you're counting EVs and IVs for competitive battling (and why would you when there are simulators for it online that you can just plug and chug to get what you want), it doesn't matter.

Find a monster you think looks cool, use it. Does it have -10% in one of it's "important" stats? Don't care. It's still gonna go stompy stompy over anything in its way due to being in the player's party.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Are there any really good electric types to use? I have Helioptile, and it kind of sucks...a lot.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

RoboCicero posted:

aaargh gently caress this Azurill, dude is level 23 and has not evolved yet. I've been playing with it in pokemon-amie and it's always in the first slot. Haven't been knocked out at all and it won't evolve blaaaurrrgh. Did get my Honedge, which owns though.

Could always try vitamins. Sometimes I'll throw my mons a lot of calcium, iron, etc and it doesn't take long to evolve after that. EVs can later be lowered by berries, so no need to worry about that.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.

InterrupterJones posted:

Could always try vitamins. Sometimes I'll throw my mons a lot of calcium, iron, etc and it doesn't take long to evolve after that. EVs can later be lowered by berries, so no need to worry about that.

Pretty sure you can just straight up reset evs in super training.

bwatts
May 28, 2013

I ran into a horde of Murkrow that all my 'mons OHKO so I'm reduced to trying to catch one at full health.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

Pokemon-Amie : Petting Balls and Stroking Swords

Pokemon-Amie ups an entirely different happiness stat from what I've been told. Just roller-skate around the fountain for 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Alkydere posted:

Dude, it's 10% and it's a kid's game. Unless you're counting EVs and IVs for competitive battling (and why would you when there are simulators for it online that you can just plug and chug to get what you want), it doesn't matter.

Find a monster you think looks cool, use it. Does it have -10% in one of it's "important" stats? Don't care. It's still gonna go stompy stompy over anything in its way due to being in the player's party.

Well yeah, and in Skyrim if I forget to put my blacksmithing gear on before I upgrade some armor or a weapon I don't need to reload my save because either way I'm still gonna stomp everything.

I just want to. So very. very. badly.

• Locked thread