Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I really kinda hate how Pokemon-Amie is implemented. There's no real indication whether or not you're actually doing the right things. Like this Eevee doesn't want to be patted on the head any more (despite liking it initially) because it makes a frowny face at me. Ears and chest ruff are still fine.

But like... how much do I feed him? Can you over-feed him? I have no idea, and the game certainly isn't giving me any clue as to whether or not he needs more or less.

How the gently caress long do you have to sit and play the same three poo poo minigames and sit around Nintendogs-ing it up to get another level of friendship? Because if it takes ten hours of basically grinding this boring garbage to get a Sylveon then I'll just pass on that nonsense. Sure, it's cute, but that doesn't mean it's interesting or entertaining.

And still, I have no god drat idea how Sylveon's supposed to evolve. Half the people say max Pokemon-Amie friendship, half say it's when it learns Charm, and then there's a group that says you have to do both. So the earliest you can get one is what, L29?

tl;dr: These new systems are nebulous and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just figured out how to get into the luminoise city boutique. You have to wear matching gender appropriate clothes. Then they'll allow you in, but the cheapest item in there is around 85 grand.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Got a japanese Ducklett through Wondertrade. It looks wonderfully :downs:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

ChibiSoma posted:

I really kinda hate how Pokemon-Amie is implemented. There's no real indication whether or not you're actually doing the right things. Like this Eevee doesn't want to be patted on the head any more (despite liking it initially) because it makes a frowny face at me. Ears and chest ruff are still fine.

But like... how much do I feed him? Can you over-feed him? I have no idea, and the game certainly isn't giving me any clue as to whether or not he needs more or less.

How the gently caress long do you have to sit and play the same three poo poo minigames and sit around Nintendogs-ing it up to get another level of friendship? Because if it takes ten hours of basically grinding this boring garbage to get a Sylveon then I'll just pass on that nonsense. Sure, it's cute, but that doesn't mean it's interesting or entertaining.

And still, I have no god drat idea how Sylveon's supposed to evolve. Half the people say max Pokemon-Amie friendship, half say it's when it learns Charm, and then there's a group that says you have to do both. So the earliest you can get one is what, L29?

tl;dr: These new systems are nebulous and dumb.

Try just leveling it up and occasionally doing the amie thing. Sounds like you've worked it dry. If it's anything like Espeon/Umbreon you should just need to level it once now.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

WendigoJohnson posted:

Just figured out how to get into the luminoise city boutique. You have to wear matching gender appropriate clothes. Then they'll allow you in, but the cheapest item in there is around 85 grand.

Matching as in? Tag background, colour...? TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Are there any really good electric types to use? I have Helioptile, and it kind of sucks...a lot.

You can get both an Eevee and a thunder stone before the third (or maybe even second) gym. Of course, the one time I saw an Eevee, I crit it and it died. Couldn't get another one to show up for the life of me :mad:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Walrus Pete posted:

You can get both an Eevee and a thunder stone before the third (or maybe even second) gym. Of course, the one time I saw an Eevee, I crit it and it died. Couldn't get another one to show up for the life of me :mad:

Yeah you can find Eevees on route 10, which you can get to from the city with the second gym.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
PIKACHU Please stop taunting me and loving show up.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Walrus Pete posted:

I missed Eevee all together. What route is he on?

e: ^^^^ Thanks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

parara posted:

Matching as in? Tag background, colour...? TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY

Mine all were the same colored icon.

You can get a Power Busines Suit there for the girl trainer, that's apparently the only amount of cross dressing you can do. The Male outfit there is just slightly girly, but it's not Saints Row 4 levels of cross dressing. It's more along the levels of Twilight Vampire girly man clothes.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 13, 2013

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Walrus Pete posted:

Do we know where to get Ice stones yet?

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Ice stones are unfortunately not a thing. If you're thinking of the rock where you can evolve an eevee into glacion it's pretty far into the game.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
There's a shop in not-Paris that sells 3 stones, I forgot which ones they were. I think you mean water stone? It might have it. It's across the street from the fashion store and next to the dog groomer.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok, ok. I caught a rash scatterbug with compound eyes and I think I can call it even. It reduces special defense yeah, but to be fair the bug has such poor defenses anyway. A -10% base means 45 special defense instead of 50. Oh no.

:ohdear: But I want a modest one sooo bad.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Daemonlasher posted:

Do we know where to get Ice stones yet?

It's after the 6th gym in the Frost Cavern. Haunter is also there if you want a Gengar. but as someone said, they're not Ice Stone, it's a giant boulder/Ice combo thing.

Rude Lion Guns
May 7, 2008
Unlike basically my entire experience with RSE, a female Ralts with Synchronize was the first Pokemon I encountered on Route 4 :unsmigghh:

Also, making EXP Share go back to giving every Pokemon experience was such a good idea holy poo poo. This game is moving so much faster than the others! No more pausing for an hour to get a new Pokemon up to speed! Six level-ups at once!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Note to thread:

Froakie like having their cheeks rubbed.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Honedges do NOT like their uh, Ribbon / sash thing being rubbed.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

PIKACHU Please stop taunting me and loving show up.

I've been finding a Pikachu every time I turn left. Or right. Or any other direction. Are they supposed to be rare or something?

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
vivillion's favourite place to be rubbed is her lower wings :3: <3

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Vespiqueen enjoys a soothing massage on her thorax, not that you could tell since she looks permanently pissed off :v:

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Note to thread:

Froakie like having their cheeks rubbed.

Well don't we all? .......

Anyways, yeah I found Pikachu fairly quickly upon entering that forest area. I guess that's the PokeGod's way of paying me back for never being able to find one in the forests of Red or Blue.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Did one last soft reset after posting here, got my Adamant Torchic. His are the claws that will pierce the heavens.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Farfetch'd will get really pissed if you try and rub their leek. Hands off, jackass!

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Unbound posted:

It's after the 6th gym in the Frost Cavern. Haunter is also there if you want a Gengar. but as someone said, they're not Ice Stone, it's a giant boulder/Ice combo thing.

Mucho Gracias. We need an OP to include some of these questions since it might be a little before its on wiki's

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This game is pretty awesome so far. Sounds like I should check out the Wonder Trading latter.

My favorite part of the game so far was when a Preschooler challenged me to a battle so show off his super cool new Pokemon that he just traded: a magikarp. :kimchi:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Every time someone wonder trades me a Spewpa I evolve it up and send it back into the aether. Neat to see all the different patterns.

Stealthfire
Oct 4, 2013

Hobo Siege posted:

I've been finding a Pikachu every time I turn left. Or right. Or any other direction. Are they supposed to be rare or something?

Is your lead one? Static makes electric types way more likely to appear.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Did they seriously get rid of the "Move" option in the PC box because having to choose deposit and then backing out and choosing withdraw is such a pain in the rear end.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Did they seriously get rid of the "Move" option in the PC box because having to choose deposit and then backing out and choosing withdraw is such a pain in the rear end.

Use "Organize Boxes." It is the new Move.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
God loving damnit game, stop blocking my path constantly. Just let me go to route 6 and get a loving Honege, I'll go to route 7 AFTER. I'll get back to your super compelling story in a minute :argh:

Hot Pink Justice
Nov 10, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

Choose "Organize Boxes" (or whatever the similar sounding option is).

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, I really want my Trainer to look like Bill Cosby, are there sweaters in this game?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Foreign Pokemon lose their foreign names if you evolve them? Lame, I really wanted a Roucarnage instead of friggin Pidgeot.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Unbound posted:

Use "Organize Boxes." It is the new Move.

Ah, thank you.

Geez I'm not even at the first gym and I already have 15 Pokemon. Well, 16 if you count the event Torchic. I've never been this paralyzed with choice before at such an early point in the game. If only I could use more than six!

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Twelve by Pies posted:

I think Organize Pokemon is the new name for Move Pokemon.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I can choose a Kanto starter? gently caress yes!

... Oh God which one!? :gonk:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm loving my Vivillon's Modern wings, but wondering when it'll finally learn some decent attacks. Is there anybody online with the updated movelists and stats for the games now? I'm all for discovery, but I'm getting a little annoyed about fumbling in the dark for every basic little thing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just wasted like 7 great balls and a luxury ball trying to catch an eevee. Fucker finally got caught with my last greatball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, and it's probably going to get buried pretty quickly, but if you're looking to but the system specifically for this game, it's worthwhile to just go with a 2DS. The 3D effect seems to get turned off a lot in this game.

• Locked thread