Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sleeping Sigma posted:

It's based on your 3ds's profile's region (say, United States + Florida) when you first start your game. Only one pattern per save game. Florida's is the modern pattern.

Here's a helpful guide made by /vp/: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AnK7UlEL3WjddGw5REdFOV9CWWZ6MFpkRHZxSG5qa0E&toomany=true#gid=0

Wait so does this mean I can't even get a different patterned Vivillon traded to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Wait so does this mean I can't even get a different patterned Vivillon traded to me?

No, you can get other patterns through trades. Also traded Scatterbugs, Spewpa's and so forth will evolve into their OT's pattern. Eggs, however, appear to evolve into your pattern regardless of parentage.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 13, 2013

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gently caress it, I've been sitting here for nearly an hour deliberating on what naming scheme to use for my party. First person to respond to this with an idea is what I'll go with, because I want to play the drat game.

parara
Apr 9, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

gently caress it, I've been sitting here for nearly an hour deliberating on what naming scheme to use for my party. First person to respond to this with an idea is what I'll go with, because I want to play the drat game.

Science fiction protagonists.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bosses from other video games.

e:f;b :argh:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Where's the move deleter/relearner?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Supreme Court Justices.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Oh God if I were nicknaming my pokemon I'd still be at the first gym. I'm determining the naming scheme once I have a solid team ironed out, THEN the stupid names will flow out of my stupid brain.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sleeping Sigma posted:

No, you can get other patterns through trades. Also traded Scatterbugs, Spewpa's and so forth with evolve into their OT's pattern. Eggs, however, appear to evolve into your pattern regardless of parentage.

Oh okay sweet!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

parara posted:

Science fiction protagonists.

Done. Ender the Fennekin will lead my army of Pokemon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't believe they didn't balance this game around the exp share. I left it on and without even trying to grind, my team is massively overleveled. I have no choice but to turn it off while I train up my Inkay if I want the game to be even remotely challenging.

I really don't get why the level curve is so slow when you gain levels so fast. This game would be pretty much perfect if it weren't for this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kakuna can't eat cupcakes; it doesn't have a mouth. :3:

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Roughly how early can I get Aerodactyl? Like around which gym?

E; and can I get more than one if I don't like the nature I get?

parara
Apr 9, 2010

Done. Ender the Fennekin will lead my army of Pokemon.

Name your biggest, baddest mon T-800.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Internet Kraken posted:

I can't believe they didn't balance this game around the exp share. I left it on and without even trying to grind, my team is massively overleveled. I have no choice but to turn it off while I train up my Inkay if I want the game to be even remotely challenging.

I really don't get why the level curve is so slow when you gain levels so fast. This game would be pretty much perfect if it weren't for this.

It evened out around level 40 for me.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Kakuna can't eat cupcakes; it doesn't have a mouth. :3:

Being Kakuna is suffering

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Nickname Pending posted:

Between the first and second gym. You can get multiples and/or reset for a nature. Rock Smash for old amber

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Nickname Pending posted:

Before the second (with Mega Stone), yes.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Question, how far into the game is the move deleter? I finished the second gym a little while ago.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So when in the game do you get the Wonder Trade?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Picked up my copy of Y today and chose Fennekin. Shortly after that I caught a Scatterbug and traded for Quaklin. Dumped Fennekin in the pc because gently caress psychic type. Quaklin is the real starter of this gen. :colbert:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

alcharagia posted:

So when in the game do you get the Wonder Trade?

From the beginning.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Fibby Boy posted:

Picked up my copy of Y today and chose Fennekin. Shortly after that I caught a Scatterbug and traded for Quaklin. Dumped Fennekin in the pc because gently caress psychic type. Quaklin is the real starter of this gen. :colbert:

What in the world is a Quaklin

parara
Apr 9, 2010

alcharagia posted:

He has Pokemon Topaz.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

alcharagia posted:

It's the Farfetch'd you get in a trade in the first gym's town. Now I just need to find a stick for it.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Is it just me, or are the colors a bit more subdued in-battle than in other Pokemon games?

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know yet if this generation has Item Maniacs? I'm only as far as Santalune, and my Zigzagoon already picked me up a Nugget. I need a crazy old guy to sell it to for le grand fric.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I'm a little disappointed that our PR Video makeup gets removed after filming.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
When can I run into the barnacle thing pokemon?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

It allows you to use more than 4 pokemon through the entire game. It's loving great.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I don't know if anyone else caught this: when you wake up Snorlax, it says its eyes shot wide open. I had a good laugh at that moment.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Oh sweet baby Jesus. You can catch Gible on Route 13.

Now I can't pick between the awesomeness of Garchomp or the newness of Tyrantrum.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

So from what I can tell Mareep is supposed to be on Route 12, but I've been here for way too long and haven't found one. Anyone know where any members of the Ampharos line are? I even have the mega evolution stone.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

BougieBitch posted:

I don't get the Pokemon-Amie hate.

Hate? What hate? It's wonderful.

Don't touch charmeleons horn.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If anyone was wondering, you have to go to the PR video facility and talk to the lady beyond the counter(in the editing area with the camera) to get the option to change eye color. There is a room on the left to add facial hair and other things, but they are removed at the end of the shoot. Also, the haircut place is nearby as well. It took me all day to figure this out.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I think my favorite thing about X and Y is that they finally cut the gently caress back on the handholding and throw you into the meat of things pretty fast.

It occurred to me that it has taken about a decade for them to decide to let you run by default. It has taken 10 years for them to decide "no, we don't need to explain the concept of 'Press B To Run' to the player with a lengthy tutorial."

My two gripes so far:

-Pokemon Amie is really fun and cute, but it feels rather pointless that it has a separate friendship meter unrelated to the one used to determine happiness evolutions and Return strength. Who the hell decided that?

-I feel like you should be able to see what your friends are doing in-game when you give them O-Powers to try to challenge them to a battle, or look at their PR Video. It makes me feel bad when friends request to see my PR Video but I'm in the middle of capturing a Pokemon I wanted or something. It also kinda sucks to get buffs for capturing power when you're in the middle of a trainer battle. I think the Generation 5 pass power function let you see what nearby players were doing, which makes this a lot more annoying than it would've been otherwise. Aside from that the online functionality is phenomenal and it's almost everything I've ever wanted out of a Pokemon game, online-wise. This would probably suck to handle in terms of optimization but it'd be cool to see holograms of nearby players show up when you have online turned on, for the full pseudo-MMO feel.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 13, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So after getting the 7th badge Team Flare makes an announcement of some kind, and then my rival-person said to meet where we first met that dude. But I don't remember where that is. Does anyone know?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
It's the cafe with the Team Flare member near it in Luminose.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So I keep trying to log in to the GL and I keep getting this message

quote:

Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

It's been this way all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So I keep trying to log in to the GL and I keep getting this message

It's been this way all day.

I tried logging in last night and got that message until after I went to bed. It finally processed it for me when I got home today (possibly earlier) but still wouldn't let me log in because it needed a keycode that neither the game nor the site ever showed me deliberately. For reference though, you can find that keycode in the "Info" section under Global Link on the internet menu.

It's not even fully up yet as far as I can tell but it did let me log in and link my account.

• Locked thread