Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.

Reo posted:

Hold select/back and change the option near the bottom for vehicle access.

Got my custom emblem working after trial and error!

This might be the best one I've seen so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Elendil004 posted:

Maybe I'm just dumb as poo poo, but how do I get into a freeroam with crew guys or even a mission? I got an invite from one guy and we did a few races then dropped to freeroam then he disappeared. I just wanna GTA with Goons and do missions and poo poo...

If the host votes for freeroam first you will drop into his game, otherwise everybody goes to their own sessions.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

People who don't drive muscle cars are chumps :colbert:

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
stop timing me out R* I want to play me some GTAO

Songbearer posted:

People who don't drive muscle cars are chumps :colbert:

holy poo poo that looks beautiful

I need to save me more money to just buy the best apartment or wait for the R* free stimulus patch package but knowing me I'm just going to blow it on clothes.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Dinotron posted:

Could you elaborate on Eskimo Bob's method? I don't believe I've heard of that, but definitely need to do some race boosting.

What was your PSN again? But yeah, let's go for it eventually.

VV

They should be all around the ghetto of Los Santos and near where Franklin lives. Check Grove Balla Street too.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
God I want a Phoenix so bad, but I've never seen one. If anyone on PS3 finds one and doesn't want it, I will pay you for one.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

D-Pad posted:

If the host votes for freeroam first you will drop into his game, otherwise everybody goes to their own sessions.

Ok but how do I hook up with the crew in the first place?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
So whats the strategy on pads/garages? I have 60k saved up but the places available are crappp. Thoughts?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

thompson posted:

So whats the strategy on pads/garages? I have 60k saved up but the places available are crappp. Thoughts?

Wait until next week, get $, live in style. Also, get a new pair of pants or something, I don't care.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

thompson posted:

I'm in about the same place at the moment. I'm just gonna use my money on guns and car mods for now, give it a week and we'll all have $250k which should be enough to set you up with a place.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Just got home from work, one of you rich folk toss me an invite so we can do heli fly bys and make kids mad with aerial shotgun death, GT: T1g4h

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hockles posted:

Are there different maps? There are couple areas that I have noticed that aren't there when I go to look for them. Also, the entrance to my garage is different. And car spawns are completely different.

Not all the missions are each one too. I can't find Boneyard on the version of the map I am on.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

thompson posted:

I find guns are a much better investment than property. The difference between the micro SMG and the regular SMG is huge. The Step up to an AK is even better.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

thompson posted:

Save up way more money. 60k is scrub-tier

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I finally found my first armored truck! Then I got a bounty put on me as a result. Also the cops knew it was me and gave me a 3 star wanted level even though I completely assassinated the driver of the truck. But hey, the most useful ability to have is Lester's wanted level removal :3:

cka
May 3, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

God I want a Phoenix so bad, but I've never seen one. If anyone on PS3 finds one and doesn't want it, I will pay you for one.

I've got a Phoenix :getin:

My PSN name is illigan, I'll drive it around with you so you can spawn one if you want

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Still completely unable to access GTA Online despite everyone else on the planet apparently getting on. Finally decided to contact Rockstar support, so I'll see if that goes anywhere. Reading this thread is alternately aggravating and soothing. At least I know when I finally get to play the loving thing it's apparently loads of fun.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Still completely unable to access GTA Online despite everyone else on the planet apparently getting on. Finally decided to contact Rockstar support, so I'll see if that goes anywhere. Reading this thread is alternately aggravating and soothing. At least I know when I finally get to play the loving thing it's apparently loads of fun.

Until you blow up some racist's personal car and get called a Bad Sport for it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Please

Stop

Doing

The Same

loving

Race

Over

And Over

Pick

Something

Else

I was in a lobby that was doing this poo poo same track, same cars. Somehow I ended up host, set it to rain, SUVs and extra laps. Most of them left part way through the race, hahahaha. I didn't even know you could race SUVs because everyone is always doing sports cars. Really wish you could race fire trucks or semis or something. Also really wish you could save them in a garage because ramming people with the semi-trucks is the most fun in this game besides helicopter jousting.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lunethex posted:

Until you blow up some racist's personal car and get called a Bad Sport for it.

I'd gladly go to Bad Sport hell and wear my dunce cap with pride if it meant I could play the game.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So what exactly is bad sport hell, how bad do you have to be to go into it, and how do you get out? Just for future reference :ohdear:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

So what exactly is bad sport hell, how bad do you have to be to go into it, and how do you get out? Just for future reference :ohdear:

If you blow up people's cars, leave missions in progress, or TK on missions you get bad sport points. You need to wait it out basically and I think it lasts 2 days.

FYI shooting out someone's tires and murdering them is A-OK.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
And do you have to wear the dunce cap the whole time? Do you keep the cap once you get back into the nice guy GTAVerse?

If I can roll around with that awesome dunce cap all the time I may get banished on purpose.

Officejet Pro
Oct 21, 2009

Commander in Chimp
I highly suggest buying the apartment that costs 223 000$ it's near the helipad, marina, airport, ammunation and it's got a nice view (it also has the heist prep room) plus it's pretty cheap.

Also I was able to steal jets really easily online by flying over the hangar that has one in it (it's the one closest to the sea out of the 3) then parachuting down into it (it's important to land with your parachute as close to the jet as you can so that tanks don't have time to get to you), flying it straight ahead towards the marsh while staying real low to the ground until the cops go into search mode and then climb up so that helicopters can't see you and your'e golden ! This worked 4/4 times

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Officejet Pro posted:

I highly suggest buying the apartment that costs 223 000$ it's near the helipad, marina, airport, ammunation and it's got a nice view (it also has the heist prep room) plus it's pretty cheap.

Also I was able to steal jets really easily online by flying over the hangar that has one in it (it's the one closest to the sea out of the 3) then parachuting down into it (it's important to land with your parachute as close to the jet as you can so that tanks don't have time to get to you), flying it straight ahead towards the marsh while staying real low to the ground until the cops go into search mode and then climb up so that helicopters can't see you and your'e golden ! This worked 4/4 times

That's what I do but one time two tanks rolled up on opposite sides of the hangar, aimed the turrets at me while I was jacking the plane, contemplated my existence for a moment before deciding to synchronize their shots and obliterate my being from the face of Blaine County.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
I usually quickly land my helicopter inside the hanger with the jet. If I do it right, I don't get wanted stars until after I jump out of the helicopter. Even still sometimes there's a tank right loving there.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

If you blow up people's cars, leave missions in progress, or TK on missions you get bad sport points. You need to wait it out basically and I think it lasts 2 days.

FYI shooting out someone's tires and murdering them is A-OK.

What's TK on missions mean?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Only way to kill a teammate on missions is running them over.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Officejet Pro posted:

You can fly a helicopter right into the hanger and not get wanted stars until you get out. Really easy to steal.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
God bless random pubbie Spartan83744 or some poo poo. He spent three hours cabbing (literally in a cab) us to the jets. When we were all flying them he was getting some and landing them on the dirt road. He never spoke, he is a beautiful mystery.

I want to pay for his membership and plat.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Just chiming in on the race chat to say that you should never do the race Up The Back Alley. It's aggressively unfun and not very interesting either.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

When the 250k Rockstar bomb drops there's going to be a lot of people asking which apartment they should buy

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

Just chiming in on the race chat to say that you should never do the race Up The Back Alley. It's aggressively unfun and not very interesting either.

Well look at it's name, then read your description of it. Sounds pretty accurate to me. :q:

Also, if you haven't talked to Lester online because you're too busy loving around, you really should. Soooo much crap is locked behind him. I'm level 50 now and there's a ton of poo poo that I'm waiting for phone calls to get unlocked now when it would have been a lot easier if I'd done it sooner.

GNU Order posted:

When the 250k Rockstar bomb drops there's going to be a lot of people asking which apartment they should buy

Apt. 10 on Alta Street is the one, true apartment. It's got a great view of the bridge and way more interesting than the more expensive downtown high rises.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Who else thinks Motorcycles should be hung on the walls like BMX bikes? They're so compact it feels weird that they take up the space of cars instead of be folded next to each other, organized, or just parked/leaned against the walls.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

El Hefe posted:

I'm gonna add you Barca bro.

I'm elkwill84.

Just saw your friend request as I was logging off. Was farming boneyard with goon Ragle and an IRL friend and some 10 year old who turned out to be decent, lol.

Made enough to buy the 223k apartment with a whole $500 to spare, heh. Adding you, lets farm tomorrow while I watch the American Footballs

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 13, 2013

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
48 actual hours of playtime (not the game's time, or real-world time, but actual YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS MUCH time) of "bad sport" servers for a first time offender is buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Eriic posted:

Sorry kri-kri79 for shooting you in the face over a $6000 car, but Shakespeare got to get paid, son. :darksouls:

Yeah that was pretty drat lame

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah but it's you, Duke Chin. You deserve it. :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Duke Chin posted:

48 actual hours of playtime (not the game's time, or real-world time, but actual YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS MUCH time) of "bad sport" servers for a first time offender is buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Next bad sport offense is 3 days and like 15 hours or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Team Kill.

Hard to do on most of them though, unless you are doing it on purpose.

• Locked thread