Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There actually is one more coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

etalian posted:

Maybe they could just move over the entire cast of Spartacus to Arrow?

Maybe they could use time travel to bring all characters of Spartacus to Arrow. Go Gannicus! Go Lucretia!

Aphrodite posted:

There actually is one more coming.

Really? Who?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Really? Who?

Amanda Waller is going to be played by the second Naevia.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Aphrodite posted:

Amanda Waller is going to be played by the second Naevia.

Oh wow. Hopes crushed. Time to ruin another character!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fat Amanda Waller isn't allowed to be used anymore.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The world is denied CCH Pounder as live action Waller once again. :sigh:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

hcreight posted:

The world is denied CCH Pounder as live action Waller once again. :sigh:

Stop reminding me of how great that casting would be :(

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I really can't stand Roy.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I think he'll be a lot better once he inevitably either joins the team or goes off on his own or does something other than get in fights with random criminals he runs into. Right now he's just kind of there, waiting his turn to be the focus of an episode/arc.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
No. Hate the idea of a side-kick in this world [and NO, I don't count 'Team Arrow' against Oliver]. I hate expanding more into Theas's love life. I hate the casting of a guy who looks so close to the lead actor that when he looks at Amel he almost just MELTS for The Hood. I hate going towards the hero worship direction so early.

Hate Roy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you have that face blindness disorder?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I actually like Roy quite a bit and wish he would they would start giving him a bigger part to play in all this. That's really my only complaint with the show. I know it'll be coming sooner rather than later, but I'm ready to go ahead and bring him into the team now.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I'm all for bringing Roy onto the team if he ends up dead later.

Go Heroin, go!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Deadpool posted:

I actually like Roy quite a bit and wish he would they would start giving him a bigger part to play in all this. That's really my only complaint with the show. I know it'll be coming sooner rather than later, but I'm ready to go ahead and bring him into the team now.

I like the thing they're doing with Oliver ad Roy. Ollie has the training and experience, but not the passion (he has drive as of the end of 2x01, but he's not doing it because he WANTS to do it, he's doing it because it needs to be done). Roy has the passion, but no training (as evidenced by him getting the poo poo kicked out of himself constantly). I'm not sure if the idea of his introduction to the team is as a sort of catalyst to get Ollie to move past 'needs to be done' and 'wants to do' is a good thing, though, but I suspect that's where they're headed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've been watching season one and its funny how half-assed Oliver's attempt to conceal his identity is. You'd think he'd have some semblance of a mask beyond green eye makeup by the season ending but nope.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It looks like his upgraded costume has a proper face mask though - Felicity seems to have drawn inspiration from Malcolm's costume.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Do we known if Malcolm is really dead? I don't remember him being mentioned in this last episode (Other than "My mom didn't kill those people, Malcolm Merlyn did"), did I miss a gravestone or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WarLocke posted:

Do we known if Malcolm is really dead? I don't remember him being mentioned in this last episode (Other than "My mom didn't kill those people, Malcolm Merlyn did"), did I miss a gravestone or something?

Nah, he's totally dead. Ollie stabbed him through the heart.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WarLocke posted:

We have been Told he appears this season but we do not know in what capacity

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, he's totally dead. Ollie stabbed him through the heart.

I need to go back and rewatch the finale then. It looked like Ollie ended up stabbing Malcolm in roughly the same place (through the shoulder) since Malcolm was right up behind him.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to force myself to rewatch Arrow to get another look. :neckbeard:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

We have been Told he appears this season but we do not know in what capacity

What's the bet it happens in episode 5, which according to wikipedia, is titled: League of Assassins

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

WarLocke posted:

I need to go back and rewatch the finale then. It looked like Ollie ended up stabbing Malcolm in roughly the same place (through the shoulder) since Malcolm was right up behind him.
He was right behind him, but about a foot higher - so >>-shoulder-heart->. Or possibly lung - though that would certainly be sufficient to kill a guy on top of a building when all emergency services are going out to deal with a manufactured earthquake.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
We didn't see him actually die, so he is alive.

TV rule.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

I have the stupidest complaint about this show, but every time it appears on screen it drives me insane. All I can do is stare at it and all I hear in my head is this. Hopefully Moira being in jail will reduce its appearance.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The funny thing is, up until the last two episodes instead of an earthquake where they state it outright I thought the device/maguffin to destroy the city was going to be more focused around the subways/underground networks since that's what the logo was. A massive natural gas line break throughout that system would be just as deadly and infinitely more plausible than an Oceans 13-esque earthquake generator.

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!
I think Oliver straight up said he was dead to Laurel. When she was talking about there being one archer left.

Mrfreezewarning fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 13, 2013

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Mr.Drf posted:

I think Oliver straight up said he was dead to Laurel. When she was talking about there being one archer left.

Oliver also thought Deadshot was dead after their first battle.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

The funny thing is, up until the last two episodes instead of an earthquake where they state it outright I thought the device/maguffin to destroy the city was going to be more focused around the subways/underground networks since that's what the logo was. A massive natural gas line break throughout that system would be just as deadly and infinitely more plausible than an Oceans 13-esque earthquake generator.

Well if they're going to have the Flash in there they need to start introducing more sci-fi style elements.

braveplan
May 1, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

What's the bet it happens in episode 5, which according to wikipedia, is titled: League of Assassins

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/372133670091378688/

Whoa, didn't know the LoA would show up. Maybe they brought Malcom back with the Lazarus Pit?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

The Lord Bude posted:

It looks like his upgraded costume has a proper face mask though - Felicity seems to have drawn inspiration from Malcolm's costume.

No, I'm pretty sure that was just the mannequin the costume was displayed on.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that was just the mannequin the costume was displayed on.

Oh well, guess it's still eye makeup and looking down at his feet all the time.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Maybe he'll change his costume now that he doesn't want to be the hood. Although it would be kind of funny if he ditched the hood but kept the heavy eye makeup and people still couldn't tell it's him.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Feathered cap gooooooo

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Eh...the lack of disguise doesn't bother me so much, I've been able to let it go. After all, Superman survived without a hood and eye make up just taking his glasses off. I can roll with it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kruller posted:

I have the stupidest complaint about this show, but every time it appears on screen it drives me insane. All I can do is stare at it and all I hear in my head is this. Hopefully Moira being in jail will reduce its appearance.

I don't understand what you're saying. I've never noticed any large mole on Oliver's mom.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

I don't understand what you're saying. I've never noticed any large mole on Oliver's mom.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Susanna Thompson (Moira) has a mole right on the left side of her top lip and now you'll never not see it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TheChad posted:

We didn't see him actually die, so he is alive.

TV rule.

The Lord Bude posted:

Oliver also thought Deadshot was dead after their first battle.

Pretty much this. I wouldn't believe he was dead unless he was clearly killed (decapitated, heart ripped out, etc.), we saw an absolutely dead body, or the writers actually said he is dead. Not only is this a comic book show but it's a comic book show on CW. Assume that any questionable death means they are alive.

And while people have said that Merlyn is dead, we were never shown a body, a grave, a funeral, or anything that gives us any indication he was confirmed dead. Oliver left his body pretty quickly to check on other things and we have absolutely no idea what happened to the body after that.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 13, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Phylodox posted:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Susanna Thompson (Moira) has a mole right on the left side of her top lip and now you'll never not see it.

She does? Huh, never noticed it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KilGrey posted:

Eh...the lack of disguise doesn't bother me so much, I've been able to let it go. After all, Superman survived without a hood and eye make up just taking his glasses off. I can roll with it.

This is one of the things that I feel is a 'necessary weasel' of the superhero genre, and my suspension of disbelief is hard to break because of it. It's one of those things where I think if you needed to show the characters putting on special effects makeup each time they wanted to go out in public/hero about, you'd lose a lot of the magic of the hero with a secret identity.

BrianWilly posted:

Feathered cap gooooooo

Just say it, Steven. Say, "Green Arrow." Two words, buddy. :( They need to legitimize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

Huh, oh yeah, I guess she does. Right on there, too. Oh well. TV watchers will make any mole into a mountain, I guess.

• Locked thread