Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I spent the day with one of my best friends, who's been away for like a month. I won't see her until thanksgiving, but we had a good day. I got a new hoodie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I put some new plants in the garden, then it started to rain and watered them in nicely. I also got some sheets and towels for the baby and they were heavily discounted! Yay!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I had a great workout today, and am finally starting to see some results!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My roommate got the new GTA, and I was playing with the radio stations today. I did the biggest double take when an old friend's band was playing in my Grand Theft Auto. We went to summer camp together as kids and went to college together around the time Vice City came out. I've seen a few of his shows lately when he comes to town, but I don't talk to him that much anymore. I'm so glad he's successful, if being on a GTA radio station means success. Way to go, John.

edit, here's the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xfSHyeyAI

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:chef: Finally got to cook some meat using a barbecue sauce I made instead of storebought stuff. :supaburn: Potent stuff, but hey, my sinuses are clear now!

epiphanylol
Sep 18, 2013
I finally got to play the Battlefield 4 Beta today!

FinnDiesel
Feb 13, 2013

Got my Limited Die Hard Deluxe Fan Box of Devin Townsend's Retinal Circus today. I'm going to watch it while wearing the Devin cardboard-cutout mask on.

FinnDiesel has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Oct 4, 2013

ironveins
Nov 24, 2007
They like you better framed and dried.
I got pitbull puppy love from a random stranger who was very happy that someone wanted to pet his vicious fighting machine. :dance:

bee posted:

I got a tea infuser shaped like a manatee :D A manatea!

Also, this is awesome.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I proposed to my girlfriend at Halloween Horror Nights, and when she said "yes," the walkers from The Walking Dead all surrounded us and growled their approval.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got my first paycheck in 3 1/2 months today :toot: Sure it was only for two days of work but I put in nearly 50 hours this week, so the one I get next Saturday should be pretty drat close to a grand which will be totally rad.

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:
No one ever mentioned it to me, I just saw this today and it was submitted some time last month.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My diet is going pretty well, I just turned down a free cookie!

Also, I had sort of an a-ha moment just now where I realized the perfect way to blend three story ideas I've been working on into one.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
My dad celebrated his 56th birthday today, and he had the best reactions. After giving him his small gifts (Budweiser flip-flops, a Bears football and Cardinals baseball shirt), we took him downstairs for his REAL gift: a 66 inch LCD tv that we all pooled our money for. He was crying with happiness as he watched some Bob's Burgers. :3:

Also, I finally got around to cutting my hair for Locks of Love again. It feels good to not deal with my frizzy mane anymore, and to date I've donated 5 times. Everyone wins!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I met Martin Nowak!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I just checked in a bunch of stuff for a project at work.

The changeset number?

1337 :c00l:

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I got to be in a bullshit fake reality show pilot for a downtown Vegas restaurant and a little person told me I reminded her of James Franco.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The new medications I'm taking are working. I'm not paralyzed with anxiety or immobilized with depression ot suicidal or anything anymore. I'm on my way back to be me again. :)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I got to be in a bullshit fake reality show pilot for a downtown Vegas restaurant and a little person told me I reminded her of James Franco.

Please tell me this is how it started

riso2011
Aug 26, 2012

Living in his mom's basement since 2004
I finally was able to sell my Iphone, so now I have money for food!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Eagles won. :woop:

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

The guy I like doesn't hate me, he just never got my text asking him out a second time because his phone is stupid.
My paranoia is proven wrong once again! :haw:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I passed my exam today. One more in December and I get my certification!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My diet is working, I've lost 3 pounds! Suck it, Regina George.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I saw a big black lab trying to kill the water coming out of a sprinkler at the park. He was all snarling and flipping through the air and poo poo. It was hilarious.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
About 2 weeks ago I got temporarily "promoted" to a higher position at work - initially I was a support engineer, and got moved to what's considered a primary engineer (usually more tech knowledge, experience, and sort of a first point of contact for clients). Anyhow, the other primary engineer I work with was WAY swamped and we had a bunch of tickets that hadn't been dealt with, so I jumped in and just started knocking stuff out that I knew about immediately, and when it got to tougher things or areas I wasn't sure about, I worked with my engineer partner and we got it all hammered out. We started with almost 60 tickets, and in the first week we cut that number in half - and that included other calls and tickets we were getting in during that time.

My boss had one-on-one meetings with everyone, and told me how impressed he was that my partner engineer and I got so much knocked out in such a short time. He admitted he didn't expect that much of a difference, but it floored him how willing I was to step up and shoulder the extra work to help out my coworker so he wouldn't get swamped and be stressed out. Even my coworker had been talking me up about how surprised he was that things were getting done, clients were happy and giving great feedback, and how nice it was to have someone to rely on that could get things finished and wasn't afraid to ask questions. My manager is trying to pull some strings now to see if he can get me in this position permanently, which usually doesn't happen until at least 6 months of employment with the company. :woop:

On top of that, one of the girls in sales went out and got a couple 6 packs of pumpkin beer for our little office group (about 8 of us total) and we sat around bullshitting and having a couple beers for the last hour or so of the day. That, and we got to prank a couple other guys who were out of town for a client meeting all day, we ended up toilet papering both their cars before we took off. I can honestly say I LOVE my goddamn job, between all that happened today, having a laid back environment, and being able to use the LAN over lunch to play UT or Goldeneye deathmatch, it's a far cry from any of the other tech jobs I've had. :)

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

Coffee And Pie posted:

My diet is working, I've lost 3 pounds! Suck it, Regina George.

Just stay away from the Kalteen bars. :v:

My day is awesome because our new kitten and old lady cat snuggled on the cat tree together and groomed. Up till today it's been chasing each other around fighting all day. :woop:

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I have finished all non-exam assessment for the semester. We spent the weekend together to celebrate. For the past 48 hours I haven't been sober or eaten anything other than Nando's. My body's gonna hate me tomorrow, but this weekend has been awesome while it's lasted.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Went on a second date tonight with a cool, cute gal and we've already got a third planned, and also RED SOX WON THE PENNANT AND ARE GOING TO THE WORLD loving SERIES, BITCHES!!!!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The monthly LAN party I got to was Call of Duty: United Offensive this time so I only had to bring my netbook and a wireless mouse instead of dragging my gaming desktop over. Also, UO is loving awesome.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My day's not really awesome BUT I am so grateful I can just call my dad and be like, "Okay, I need to start saving for retirement soon, but I don't actually know how to go about doing that?" and have him walk me through it. I know that's a dumb-rear end question but seriously, no one has ever informed me of how this works exactly and I'm not going to be a student forever.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Saturday night I set the world record for high score in the arcade version of Splatterhouse! And then I broke that record a few hours later!

And last night I found out I might have been the first woman in nearly thirty years to set an arcade high score! :gonk:

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

This weekend I toured the city I will be moving to come march. Younger population, much more variety in restaurants and a lot of cool stores. And closer to Chicago where my friends and family are instead of being far in the suburbs, which hasn't been great for my social life.

Very much looking forward to renting a house with my brother and working from home full time. 6 years of living alone in an apartment is enough. And it should cut my rent/utility obligation per month by a few hundred.

epiphanylol
Sep 18, 2013
I found out my milk isn't expired yet!

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
Just found out that one of my life dream's may be easier to attain than I'd originally thought. Now I'm bursting with excitement about something that isn't even going to happen for years and may actually never happen, but I don't care! It may be possible and that makes me heart explode. :woop:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Today is Halloween, my favorite holiday, and I still have no plans tonight. The business I work for is looking at letting go of some people on my team if we don't meet a deadline by next month. We had a meeting today and it didn't go well. I was feeling low.

I got called into the owner's office today. He asked me if I enjoyed working here, and asked me how busy I've been. At the end of the conversation, he said that they had decided to give me a raise. It comes with more responsibilities, but better pay.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
Got married in secret a week ago in Edinburgh, finally got round to being able to tell people today.

Family were all happy and positive about it, so yeah, all good!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
One of the many trick or treaters we had last night greeted my finace with "I'm santa clause!" as he opened the door. My dog helped us give out candy with a tutu around her neck and she was perfectly well behaved and not scared at all. One little kid declined more than 1 piece of candy because his younger brother couldn't eat any and he didn't think it was fair for him to have too much. Three little boys all around 2-3 years old had no clue what the hell they were doing and had to be told multiple times to open their bags for candy really just wanted to get their pictures taken with the big spider next to our door after they saw that it moved. One kid was so happy that we had MnMs that he declared our house the best Halloween house ever.

I love Halloween.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:frogsiren: :slick: I GOT THE JOB! :slick: :frogsiren:

Edit: not only that but I look dashing as gently caress in my winter uniform even if the dress shirt sleeves are too short :kamina: I feel confident in my uniform.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Nov 2, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hitting the holy trinity of pizza/beer/video games tonight :toot: It's been far too long my old friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I discovered I have an opposite-gender doppelgaenger today. I was sitting across from a dude on the train who had the exact same hair, eyes, nose, height as me, everything - except he was a dude. He was even wearing a similar coat! We didn't talk to each other, we just sort of stared for a minute and looked a bit puzzled, then looked away.
I wanted to say, "let your beard grow in a little, it will give our jaw a bit more definition and that option isn't open to me".