Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I couldn't take this battle at all serious. Where in the cave is the Dusk Stone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Does anyone know where you can find a Dawn Stone? I'm itching to turn my Kirlia into a Gallade for some poke-french sword-fighting action.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You know how if you idle for a little while, the in-battle camera just does its own thing? I had glanced up at the computer as I walked through a cave just as a battle started. When I looked back down at the 3DS, it did one of those shots where it gets closer and closer to the enemy pokemon until it's basically an extreme closeup of their face.

I had gotten into a battle with a female Wobbuffet.

I'm not sure if it was the funniest moment in X or the scariest. Just this quick-cutting close-up of a Wobbuffet with lipstick. Jesus.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Don't really play these games much...Steelix seems pretty awesome though? Confirm/deny?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Have no idea what to do in the Glittering Cave. Got all the way to the end of the cave and ran into a dead end.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

PonchAxis posted:

Have no idea what to do in the Glittering Cave. Got all the way to the end of the cave and ran into a dead end.

Turn around, look for the end that's not dead. Then you get to a more traditional top-down cave area.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Turn around, look for the end that's not dead. Then you get to a more traditional top-down cave area.

I got to a part where there was an entrance if you look in the mirror and I got to a part where there was a light shining on the ground but nothing else.

E: poo poo sorry this is the Reflection Cave

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Captain Fargle posted:

Goddamnit! Isn't Goomy supposed to be on Route 12? GOOMY! WHEREFORE ART THOU GOOMY?!

I just found one on route 14

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

PonchAxis posted:

I got to a part where there was an entrance if you look in the mirror and I got to a part where there was a light shining on the ground but nothing else.

I found it the first time. I just stuck on the main path and followed its turns, going straight every time and ignoring any side branches.

I do agree that they made that part intentionally too disorienting.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Holy poo poo at the amount of effort and love for the series put in these games. I've been seeing throwbacks and references to past games the whole time, but I just stumbled on an Art Gallery in Lumiose.

I assumed it would be small and sort of poo poo like Kanto's Museum or Hoenn's Marine Museum. Instead it's half full of wonderful pictures and flavour text of Kalos related business, and half full of official art from previous games, and a couple of pictures of either fan art, or art team artwork. And the place is HUGE.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
A level 20 wild Hawlucha just took out my level 30 Farfetch'd while I was trying to capture her. Through her conquest she has earned the right to be my new utility slave. :black101:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The game tells you when it's someone's birthday via the PSS. It's based on their timezones though, not yours so I had a bunch of Japanese people congratulate in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. Made me feel kind of special though.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
HOLY poo poo, my Aururos just survived a Focus Blast from the Champion's Goodra

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Wow, Super Training with a pokemon that does rapid fire shots is bullshit compared to the strong shots.

Dragalge, you're certainly making me work for it. :saddowns:

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

I'm putting this out there just in case there's anyone as dumb as me. When you're using covet/thief to try and steal a light ball off of a pikachu, it won't show up in your inventory. Your thief holds onto it after the battle. I just ran around and knocked out 20 or so before getting the idea to check my espurr. :downs:

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Wheee, I got X! Then promptly fell asleep. Then woke up for like three hours and promptly fell asleep again. But now I'm actually awake, so watch out Kalos!

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Maxmaps posted:

Cause this is Pokemon, it's what we do. I regularly wouldn't care, but where else am I going to get a Speed Boost Blaziken now that the Dream World got closed down? :saddowns:

Know this is several pages back but Dream World is still open til Dec. Can this PLEASE be that in the OP?

I'll even pretty it up for posting/linking it back. (All that working for the company all that time ago taught me how to write up FAQs.)

*~*~*

I heard the Global Link/Dream World/Global Battle Station/GTS for Gen 5 was closed now! What happened?

The Gen 5 Global Link was announced to start shutting down on July 1, 2013 in stages starting on October 12th, 2013 with the release of Gen 6 (X and Y). The shutdown schedule is/was as follows, by what features were removed:

October 12th, 2013:

- If you haven't created an account by now, you can't.
- If you've only played the demo, the demo is now unavailable and you can't use the Dream World anymore.
- If you've never registered any game by now, no more games can be registered.

December 10, 2013:

- Players will no longer be able to tuck in new Pokémon. You can still play with one that has been tucked in one last time and thus get items, a Pokémon from the Dream World, and change the C-Gear skin, Pokémon Musical song, and/or Pokédex skin until January 14, 2014. Better make it a run worth it and pick what you want.

January 14, 2014:

- All services offered by the Global Link will be shut down, except untucking a Pokémon and bringing it back to the game through the game. No Items, Pokémon, or anything but an untuck.
- You are no longer be able to change the C-Gear skin, Pokémon Musical song, or Pokédex skin if it wasn't set by today. Hope you like what you've got. It's there forever.
- If you didn't activate the Memory Link in B2/W2, it's impossible from now on.

What about the GTS?
The GTS will not be affected by the closure of the Gen 5 Global Link, except that trade history will no longer be viewable online.

What about the Global Battle Union?
The currently ongoing Season 10 will continue until the final closure of the service. The company won't tally or publish the results of this season. Random Matchup Rating Mode will be shut down. Free Mode will always be available.

Wi-Fi Club?

It's still useable and always will be.

How does this affect Medals in B2/W2?
After the shutdown, you will no longer be able to bring Pokémon to the Entree Forest, though those there will remain until you catch them.

As a result, the following Medals will no longer be obtainable if you don't have enough Pokémon in the Entree forest by shutdown:
Dozing Capture (Catch a Pokémon in the Entree Forest for the first time)
Sleeping Capture (Catch 10 or more Pokémon in the Entree Forest)
Deep Sleep Capture (Catch 50 or more Pokémon in the Entree Forest)
Sweet Dreamer (Catch 100 or more Pokémon in the Entree Forest)

This OP personally had 46 taken out by a tuck in on 10/12/13 and mathed out that I will have 100 by Dec 7th if I grab one every day without fail, so I'm cutting it close. Less than than is probably nearly impossible.

Without all four medals, you can't get Great Adventurer (Obtain all Adventure Medals but this one), and so you can't get Top Adventurer (Obtain all other Medals).

How can I get a Dream World Pokémon after the closure?

* Hidden Grottos in B2/W2 have some Pokémon with Dream World Abilities, and can later be ported up to the Pokémon Bank.
* Female Pokémon with their Dream World Abilities can breed them to their offspring at a 60% chance (more with Everstones).
* The Torchic giveaway from Oct 12th to January 14th had the Hidden Ability Speed Boost, but is male so can't breed it down.

We don't know how, if, or when Dream World Pokémon will be available through other means.

*~*~*

I'll work up lists of actually obtainable Dream World 'Mon once I'm past Santalune City. Is there anything I left out?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I just watched a Wailord use Bounce. I don't even...

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

BougieBitch posted:

Can someone just confirm for me that Plusle exists on route 5? I've been looking for one for ages because it's the only line missing from my central dex other than the rod/surfing ones and it is pissing me off. Minun keeps showing up and making it worse.

I just got a Plusle in a wonder trade. If you want I can send it your way.

Zetsubou
Feb 22, 2011
Just used Wonder Trade and put up a Male pikachu, and in return I got a bidoof. That loving bidoof.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh man apparently Aegislash (Honedge final evo) is potentially really good. He can switch stances and go from having crazy high defense and setting up a swords dance or two to having crazy high offense and killing things in a hit. Really slow though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Zetsubou posted:

Just used Wonder Trade and put up a Male pikachu, and in return I got a bidoof. That loving bidoof.

I've been getting nothing but Weedles. I evolve them and send them out for even more Weedles.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh man apparently Aegislash (Honedge final evo) is potentially really good. He can switch stances and go from having crazy high defense and setting up a swords dance or two to having crazy high offense and killing things in a hit. Really slow though.

Did you find a Dusk Stone? If so, where was it. I looked around T Cave but I didn't find it.

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but what's the fastest way to hatch an egg? Can you do it with your skates or do you have to be running?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Welp looks like Arceus is going to be unlocked somehow in X/Y. I just collected the set of plates it uses to change forms.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Unbound posted:

Did you find a Dusk Stone? If so, where was it. I looked around T Cave but I didn't find it.

No I haven't even evolved Honedge, been going off of people's impressions online. I still have no idea what the new Pokemon even are, it's kinda cool to go into this completely blind. I hope they do worldwide releases from now on.

How's the flying/fighting mexican luchador? It looks pretty awesome but I don't think I've seen a wild one yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How's the flying/fighting mexican luchador? It looks pretty awesome but I don't think I've seen a wild one yet.
It's a Mexican luchador bird. What else do you want.

It's pretty good for a single-stage. Learns some interesting moves, not bad stats, either.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Leper Colon V posted:

It's a Mexican luchador bird. What else do you want.

It's pretty good for a single-stage. Learns some interesting moves, not bad stats, either.

The first one I came across used Encore to force my Wartortle to off it with a second Water Pulse instead of letting me whittle it's health down to something I can capture it at with a Bite :argh:.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

WendigoJohnson posted:

Welp looks like Arceus is going to be unlocked somehow in X/Y. I just collected the set of plates it uses to change forms.

Probably, but it might just because there's no way to get those plates into X/Y from B/W.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

kater posted:

Probably, but it might just because there's no way to get those plates into X/Y from B/W.

They were spread the hell out all over the world. It's not like the Daiga, Paika, and Giratina ones where they're all located within a single area.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The Letter A posted:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but what's the fastest way to hatch an egg? Can you do it with your skates or do you have to be running?

It's measured in steps so skates should be faster. Having a pokemon with flame body in the party (like Fletchinder) also cuts the time required to hatch eggs significantly.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Does anyone know why the Sea Spirit's Den exists?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Alkydere posted:

Does anyone know where you can find a Dawn Stone? I'm itching to turn my Kirlia into a Gallade for some poke-french sword-fighting action.

You can get all the stones from Super Training, apparently.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Where is the rock smash TM and where do you use it to get the amber? I have 7 badges now and I know I have missed it somewhere... I want to get myself a aerodactyl :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Does anyone know why the Sea Spirit's Den exists?

Odds are good it's for an event Pokemon.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Odds are good it's for an event Pokemon.

Kaiogre event here we come. :colbert:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So it appears that the WonderTrade function is at 100% abuse rate. I keep trading half-decent Pokemon and getting Fletchlings and Bidoofs.

That being said, I just caught a Bagon just outside the fossil lab thingo.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

I'd heard there was a store that sells the other two Kanto starter megastones, I that true, or am I only getting a blastoisite until i convince someone to trade?

also, are there any good lists of level-up moves? I wonder what insane move chespin learns it its 40s, and if it's worth leaving it unevolved.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samael posted:

Where is the rock smash TM and where do you use it to get the amber? I have 7 badges now and I know I have missed it somewhere... I want to get myself a aerodactyl :(

Oooh, you missed it a while ago. The town with the aquarium and the fossil lab. Take the time to go back to the Glittering Cave too once you get Rock Smash. There's an Old Amber in one of the rocks right in the final area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oooh, you missed it a while ago. The town with the aquarium and the fossil lab. Take the time to go back to the Glittering Cave too once you get Rock Smash. There's an Old Amber in one of the rocks right in the final area.

The Old Amber is a random drop from the rocks. I had to leave and re-enter that room a half dozen times to get one.

• Locked thread