Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

coyo7e posted:

I think that the main reason I'm annoyed by having to call Martin over and over, is that so many of his missions are for 2 people, so when you get in a groups of 4-6 you waste a ton of time or get broken up. :(

I'll never play Death From Above again. It's a giant pain in the rear end for what amounts to an insulting payout.

Then again I now have a Buzzard so I could probably knock it out in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Feenix posted:

My iFruit app claims my license plate is my custom one but since day one and after tens of hours of playtime I've never seen it. :(

As far as I can tell, you have to actually place an order through the app with the new license plate chosen for it to change. The app makes you change at least one thing about your car before you can make an order, so I did something like change the horn or rims or whatever, picked the custom plates, and made the order.

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.
Some random NPC put a 9000 dollar bounty on me for stealing her car. I've found that when evading your head being collected, grabbing a boat and standing out at sea with it works really well. So I call up Lester and tell him to point out a boat to me.

When I get to the dot he marked, I find it's a goddamn submarine. :monocle:

I dived down to the depths of the ocean offshore and I now have people waiting for me on the beach/swimming down to get me. I highly recommend doing this. All I'm missing is some popcorn.

I figure it's also an excellent way to go ahead and grab the "Evade your bounty for a day" achievement.

Edit: HMS Goonsub in action

XenophobicAirport fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 13, 2013

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
So last night I logged off with 30 minutes remaining as a bad sport only to log on today and still be here... You know I haven't had much issues with Online but it's starting to deter my will to play.

edit; Must have just been bugged as I could put a mask on with my dunce hat and after rejoining new sessions a couple times it finally told me I was out of Bad Sport hell. Yaaaay

redz fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 13, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I did some experimenting with cops and I found something out: if you ever sprint away when the cops are coming to search a scene (store, armored truck) they will always follow your trail with magically precise insight. Now, if you get away and the cops lose you (GPS not flashing) at any time then start sneaking, they won't follow you past the point you stopped sprinting. Makes all sort of sense, right? In fact, this is way better because when they aren't searching the wanted level (3 stars I tried) goes away almost immediately assuming the chopper doesn't see you, so keep this in mind guys.

e.

P.S. anyone wanna do some race wins?

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 13, 2013

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So are armored trucks extremely rare or is this a bug and can I do anything about it to make them show up?

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I think I need to stop playing with the emblem editor.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Reo posted:

All goon crews should change to this immediately. I demand it.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Reo posted:

:stare: get on this 1009 goons

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reo posted:

Holy poo poo

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

Platystemon posted:

If it’s like the Coil Voltic, the style you get is random (in the Voltic’s case, topless, metal top, or carbon fibre top) and if you really wanted a certain style, you’d have to reorder and hope you get lucky.
Welp, time to save up another 850k. It's too bad there's no way to sell your cars :(

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Feenix posted:

So are armored trucks extremely rare or is this a bug and can I do anything about it to make them show up?

They're really rare. I have 43 hours on my online guy and have only seen one.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Reo posted:

I think you need to make more. These are amazing!

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

konsum posted:

Welp, time to save up another 850k. It's too bad there's no way to sell your cars :(

Or to your friends.

Edit: didn't hit edit :(

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
That's an awesome emblem.

I randomly met one of these guys once and they have some amazing ones saved.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've seen two armored trucks, both times I planted a sticky on the back door and detonating it just destroyed the entire truck instead of blasting open the doors, resulting in me getting nothing.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'll never play Death From Above again. It's a giant pain in the rear end for what amounts to an insulting payout.

Then again I now have a Buzzard so I could probably knock it out in no time.

Mission payouts are kind of weird all around really. Martin's first mission is Out of Court Settlement at level 22 which pays $9000 for killing one man and driving back to Madrazo's house. Then Death From Above is level 24 and pays $5000 for killing a million dudes and having to outrun three stars.

Beef Juice
Dec 28, 2003
resurrected

Feenix posted:

Stiggs posted:

They're really rare. I have 43 hours on my online guy and have only seen one.

I've only come across ~5 on my level 25 character, but I started seeing them a lot more when I realized the map symbol looks almost exactly like the one for your car, with a larger grill.

I'm not saying they're not rare, but I was ignoring the ones on my map by accident for a long time.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

iamgezuzkryst posted:

I've only come across ~5 on my level 25 character, but I started seeing them a lot more when I realized the map symbol looks almost exactly like the one for your car, with a larger grill.

I'm not saying they're not rare, but I was ignoring the ones on my map by accident for a long time.

It's very possible I just ignored a whole bunch. I spend a lot of my time on rooftops with a sniper. :v:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

ruddiger posted:

I skipped buying a standalone garage and sent straight to a midlevel apt then rooftop rumbled my way up to level 40 and bought the most expensive apt in the game. If I go and buy a garage so I can get the achievement, am I out the 400k that I dropped on the apt? Or can you own both a standalone garage and an apt?

Having an apartment with a garage doesn't count, but you should be able to buy a garage and dashboard out without it saving the change. I bought my super expensive apartment first via the website, then a garage near the airport and it popped.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So I finally got a kill with the Annihilator chaingun yesterday. :getin:

Little kid around 11-12 starts chatting me up in the lobby when he hears me say something, then he starts begging me to give him a ride since he was stuck up on a mountain near the observatory. I talked him through me driving halfway across the city, picking up an Annihilator, and then telling him to get onto a nice clear open spot with no trees.

He shows up on a dirt track near the hilltop as I arrive and I start firing at him, swinging wildly with the rudders, and he runs behind some cop cars (his whole problem was being stuck on foot!) that arrived while I was shooting at him for a minute or three.. I finally convince him to move out into the open and he goes up the hillside a bit and I switched to first-person view, opened fire again, and killed him. Then I shot up the nearby cop cars and flew away.

He was the saddest little sucker in chat, and eventually left the game, still stuck on the hillside.

Edit: also, tanks being immune to lock-on must be a loving glitch, good lord.. Their cannon i pretty much hitscan so it's almost impossible to hit them with a rocket if they're diligent at all. But jihad Sanchez works a charm. :D

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 13, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Reo posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo :golfclap:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

Having an apartment with a garage doesn't count, but you should be able to buy a garage and dashboard out without it saving the change. I bought my super expensive apartment first via the website, then a garage near the airport and it popped.

I only bought the 400k apartment and immediately got it.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

awesome-express posted:

I only bought the 400k apartment and immediately got it.

That must be the website/sign buying method then.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sorry dudes that just invited! Forgot I gotta go to my nephew's 1st birthday party. I'll be around later around 9PM PST

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I've seen two armored trucks, both times I planted a sticky on the back door and detonating it just destroyed the entire truck instead of blasting open the doors, resulting in me getting nothing.

If there are other vehicles nearby, the sticky bomb starts a chain reaction that destroys the truck. Easiest way to do it is to plant the bomb, then get behind the trick while it's driving. This gets a buffer around it so there is no huge explosion, and the truck will usually drop the money and speed off.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Harmonica posted:

That's an awesome emblem.

I randomly met one of these guys once and they have some amazing ones saved.

You can actually see their emblems in game? Whenever I run into somebody from another crew their emblems are just a big blurry mess. Same for any other character's tattoos.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Reo posted:

Holy gently caress.

To the goon that I got put into an empty server with. It was just me and you. You: very high level. Me: level ~ 12. You: singing "la la la la la I'm singing in the shower!" and talking to your dog. Or roommate. Or roommate dog. You're lucky I wasn't a higher level. I really wish I could have bombed you. You dick.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Last night I saw these 2 guys getting away from what it looked like a 3 star, so I used the heli+sticky bomb method, I saw them racing towards the observatory so I headed there first and landed the heli in the parking lot and as soon as they got there they saw the chopper and immediately got in, little did they know it was booby trapped. :jihad:

Much screaming followed.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Holy gently caress.

To the goon that I got put into an empty server with. It was just me and you. You: very high level. Me: level ~ 12. You: singing "la la la la la I'm singing in the shower!" and talking to your dog. Or roommate. Or roommate dog. You're lucky I wasn't a higher level. I really wish I could have bombed you. You dick.

Dude you joined sounds like a real happy go lucky champ. Handsome too.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Holy gently caress.

Hahaha I'm pretty sure that was me. Sorry

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I found out you can destroy the package of cocaine with explosives :(.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
What's the fastest car you can get online without los santos customs saying its hot or whatever.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OptimusMatrix posted:

What's the fastest car you can get online without los santos customs saying its hot or whatever.

Probably the Ocelot F620.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Some of the (arguably) best stealable cars (speed and traction):

Ocelot F620 (Coupé)
Lampadati Felon (Coupé)
Ubermacht Sentinel XS (Coupé)

Shyster Fusilade (Sport) <- speed
Maibatsu Penumbra (Sport) <- maneuverability/drifting

Vapid (?) Dominator (Muscle)

Also of note:

[Dont remember the brand] Fugitive - Limousine (fast and 4 seats!)
Sandking XL - Offroad (more like Ramking XL)

Most of them are also wanted by Simeon, so keep your eyes open for green icons on the map.

vvvvv You cant sell to other players I believe. You can sell personal cars to LS Customs however (at a significant loss if you tuned them). You can also overwrite cars in your garage if you just want to replace one. A dialog will pop up when you try to enter the garage when its full. vvvvvv

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 13, 2013

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
Are you able to transfer/sell cars to other players? Or otherwise remove them from your garage?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Are you able to transfer/sell cars to other players? Or otherwise remove them from your garage?

You can sell them to the LS Custom shop, but not to other players.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Das Butterbrot posted:

Some of the (arguably) best stealable cars (speed and traction):

Ocelot F620 (Coupé)
Lampadati Felon (Coupé)
Ubermacht Sentinel XS (Coupé)

Shyster Fusilade (Sport) <- speed
Maibatsu Penumbra (Sport) <- maneuverability/drifting

Vapid (?) Dominator (Muscle)

Also of note:

[Dont remember the brand] Fugitive - Limousine (fast and 4 seats!)
Sandking XL - Offroad (more like Ramking XL)

Most of them are also wanted by Simeon, so keep your eyes open for green icons on the map.

vvvvv You cant sell to other players I believe. You can sell personal cars to LS Customs however (at a significant loss if you tuned them). You can also overwrite cars in your garage if you just want to replace one. A dialog will pop up when you try to enter the garage when its full. vvvvvv

Still can't find a felon. :arghfist::smith:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can not sell free cars. If you order a free car, you have to fill your garage to get rid of it.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I started with the Buffalo, then I found an F620 and used that for awhile but I wanted another Buffalo (don't own a garage yet). Haven't seen a F620 since :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GangsterIsland
Jul 7, 2011

It's

GIBBS

Ho
Anyone on PS3 wanna exchange race wins and do the RP trick?

PSN: sporkfish22

• Locked thread