Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Holy poo poo, I just traded a Pansage for a Smeargle :stare:

I'm sort of scared of Wonder Trading now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Inzombiac posted:

So there are around700 TOTAL pokemon in XY?

The total number of Pokemon now is 718, you can get 450 without the National Dex.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Traded a bunny for a farfetched and then found a wild farfetch. Welp.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can filter out people asking for legendaries on the GTS? Aha, yes!

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

This really is a spectacular game. My single complaint with it so far is that I can't bring over my murdersquad from Black 2 until december. Why not release Pokemon Bank at the same time as X and Y you jerks?
:qqsay:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Does anyone know where I can catch a Horsea and get a Dragon Scale? I just got surf and don't haven't found a water type that I want to hang in my party.

If anyone knows where I can get a King's Rock I'd be grateful, too!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Holy poo poo, I just traded a Pansage for a Smeargle :stare:

I'm sort of scared of Wonder Trading now.

You can get Smeargles really early. I have two level ~14 ones waiting in my boxes.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

You can filter out people asking for legendaries on the GTS? Aha, yes!

I wish they'd left an option to eliminate starters and starter evolutions too though (although the legendary thing is really helpful). I wanted to grab a fletchling without going back to route 3 (didn't have Fly yet) and every drat level 3-5 fletchling was looking for a bulbasaur or whatever.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Daerc posted:

Yeah, they're on route 22, which is the eastern exit of Santaluna City (first gym).

Thanks! Time to backtrack and get one!

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Yes, something like 720 not counting Mega Evolutions or any event legendaries that we don't know about yet.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of Hoenn pokemon?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Zaphod42 posted:

70 NEW pokemon, yeah. Because they had to re-do all the existing 700 or whatever in 3D.

But this one plays as an all-stars of the best of all generations, so its great. There's amazing variety.

It really is awesome. I keep having trouble deciding who I want in my party because they keep giving me awesome choices. Awesome choices in 3D!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Can the Pokemon you get from the professor in Poke-Paris be a female?

mythomanic
Aug 19, 2009

MotU posted:

Can the Pokemon you get from the professor in Poke-Paris be a female?

Yep, it's still a 1/8 chance though, so be patient.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I wondertraded a Staravia I had just caught and named Bidoof to a guy and I got a bidoof for it.

Apparently he felt bad about it, because he traded me the Staravia back for his bidoof.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Male Gardevoir can mega evolve right? I've seen nothing to indicate that they can't but I wanna make sure before my Krilia evolves so if I know to make it a Gallade or not.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I can't participate in air battles even though I have a Farfetch'd on my team, is he so bad he's not even considered his type?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
No Pokemon game since Gold and Silver has captivated me. The GBA ones seemed mediocre, Diamond and Pearl were clunky and boring, Black and White 1 & 2 came and went, the remakes didn't recapture the magic for me either. Yet I still find myself debating whether or not to take the plunge on X/Y.

Do I buy this game? Am I just too old to enjoy the mans anymore?

Scher
Sep 15, 2011

~Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~

Amppelix posted:

It does take significantly less time for the other gyms, but what kind of an attitude is that :mad:

It's not the destination, it's the journey, y'know!

Then the game shouldn't put so much space between me and clothes!

Really, though, the space between the 1st and 2nd gym is just poorly paced. There's a lot of just jumping from place to place and things happening for no clear reason. Like, I'm certainly enjoying the game so far, especially with all the nice little ancillary stuff the game has, but I'm hoping things are tied together a bit more nicely for the following parts of the game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

redcheval posted:

I wish they'd left an option to eliminate starters and starter evolutions too though (although the legendary thing is really helpful). I wanted to grab a fletchling without going back to route 3 (didn't have Fly yet) and every drat level 3-5 fletchling was looking for a bulbasaur or whatever.

You can also filter it so you only see people asking for things you have. It's in another options menu and you have to set it every time, but it's better than nothing.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm loving the game so far, but for fucks sake, please somebody tell me that there's a way to turn off the godawful "new" cry for Pikachu. It's loving stupid that they decided to give one Pokemon a voiced cry, and of course it's loving Pikachu and it makes me want to gouge my ears out.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cyra posted:

No Pokemon game since Gold and Silver has captivated me. The GBA ones seemed mediocre, Diamond and Pearl were clunky and boring, Black and White 1 & 2 came and went, the remakes didn't recapture the magic for me either. Yet I still find myself debating whether or not to take the plunge on X/Y.

Do I buy this game? Am I just too old to enjoy the mans anymore?

Do it. This is the best Pokemon game I've ever played. It does so many things right and has a ton of fantastic features.

My biggest problem; nicknames don't show up in online battles and the language filter is really arbitrary. Tried to wonder trade a
Spoink named "Some Pig" and it wouldn't allow it. Come on.

Annath posted:

I'm loving the game so far, but for fucks sake, please somebody tell me that there's a way to turn off the godawful "new" cry for Pikachu. It's loving stupid that they decided to give one Pokemon a voiced cry, and of course it's loving Pikachu and it makes me want to gouge my ears out.

Make it a Raichu :colbert:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Internet Kraken posted:

Make it a Raichu :colbert:

Where is the earliest Thunderstone?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Annath posted:

I found one just after the second gym.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Annath posted:

There's one on that route with all the standing stones.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Okay, now I'm sure Friend Safari has a higher shiny rate, because in addition to the Wartortle I got yesterday, I now just got a shiny Electabuzz.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Inzombiac posted:

Why does this get asked so often?

Every Pokemon that has ever existed is in this game, plus the new ones. It has always been this way for main series Pokemon games, and always will. They aren't going to remove guys. I don't know why people don't understand this.

There are going to be some Pokemon you can't obtain in a given game without trading from previous generations and/or event giveaways, but this, too has always been the same.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

quote:

Alternatively just buy them when you first get to Not-Paris.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Terper posted:

Alternatively just buy them when you first get to Not-Paris.

The stone store is locked behind the blackout-wall on your first visit.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No it's not.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

The stone store only sold Fire, Water, and Grass stones for me.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Terper posted:

No it's not.

It's not? Which one is it?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

My Venusaur just learned a new move, Petal Blizzard. Grass type, physical, 90 BP, 100 accuracy, hits everything except the user.

EDIT: Learned at level 50.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yesterday I was drowning in Ralts but I traded them all away and now when I want to sit down and do some egg grinding I can't find a loving one. I've run away like 40 loving times already.............acxzcfg

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Wasn't happy with my run/gimmick so I've decided to restart. Managed to trade a Goomy and a Ditto to my girlfriend's copy (as well as the starters I had acquired, and Torchic), so yay! Also got copies of the Mega Stones and an additional Lucky Egg.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Music Theory posted:

The stone store only sold Fire, Water, and Grass stones for me.

Oh, right. My bad, you'll have to wait til later then. I found one using the dowsing machine right before the Glittering Cave. I think.

quote:

It's not? Which one is it?

It's right next to the herbalist, in the one alley that's open. Right opposite "You're not stylish enough :smuggo:" shop.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Taking forever to get a reset bag. I wasn't paying attention when I got my flabebe and vivillion so now I have to reset them both.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Funkmaster General posted:

Why does this get asked so often?

Every Pokemon that has ever existed is in this game, plus the new ones. It has always been this way for main series Pokemon games, and always will. They aren't going to remove guys. I don't know why people don't understand this.

There are going to be some Pokemon you can't obtain in a given game without trading from previous generations and/or event giveaways, but this, too has always been the same.

I asked because this is the first one I have played since Red/Blue and hadn't been keeping up with the series. Don't get so riled up.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
When can I access the Move Relearner/Tutor in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just finished a post game side-story involving Looker.. Got no major rewards or anything for it though. Anyone know if there's any other post-game stories or if that leads into anything else?

• Locked thread