Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Das Butterbrot posted:

Some of the (arguably) best stealable cars (speed and traction):

The Felon GT is stealable and also the highest-priced seller at LSC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Why does my ride sometimes duplicate after a store stickup, end up being a car I can't enter, meaning my actual ride is 100yrds down the street from where I parked!?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Safest form of travel. Also can survive being dropped as long as you land in water.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So am I gonna get invites to Meth'd Up forever? I already completed the mission a while back, but every time I load up GTA:O, without fail I'll have an invite to Meth'd Up. I don't remember it being particularly fun, either, so I'm never accepting any of these invites.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So am I gonna get invites to Meth'd Up forever? I already completed the mission a while back, but every time I load up GTA:O, without fail I'll have an invite to Meth'd Up. I don't remember it being particularly fun, either, so I'm never accepting any of these invites.

It's popular for being a quick mission with a mediocre pay that used to be great. IIRC the RP you get is still pretty good. You'll only get invites for that mission from Gerald when you're in the right level range but you'll always get invites for every mission just because any player can invite players from the same session to their missions, regardless of levels.

That said, I chuckle a little when I see people inviting me to poo poo like Chasers or Ballas to the Wall.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Robawesome posted:

It's popular for being a quick mission with a mediocre pay that used to be great. IIRC the RP you get is still pretty good. You'll only get invites for that mission from Gerald when you're in the right level range but you'll always get invites for every mission just because any player can invite players from the same session to their missions, regardless of levels.

That said, I chuckle a little when I see people inviting me to poo poo like Chasers or Ballas to the Wall.

I wish there was a way to tell Simeon to gently caress off and stop sending missions. I'm level 30, I'm not gonna drive 10+ miles chasing down some lovely car just for $1000.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Is there some list of missions and they're level/payout? As it is, I just accept anything with a title I don't recognize with the assumption that it's some really cool lvl 79 Lester heist that I haven't unlocked.

Sometimes though it's just some bs from Simeon that I never bothered to do :(

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Das Butterbrot posted:

You can also overwrite cars in your garage if you just want to replace one.

I would be careful doing this if I were any of you. If you want to replace one of your cars, go sell it or something because I lost a car doing this. I outfitted a new car, the game told me my garage was full, I picked a lovely car to replace my new one with, and the game deleted a totally different car.

The safe way would be to sell the car you want to replace to LSC.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Where do you get a helicopter for High Profile Case? UltimateZAR and I were trying to run it but we could find one anywhere, so we tried climbing up the construction site but that didn't work. I remember trying to do this mission yesterday and I couldn't figure it out then either, so I just ended up killing myself.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Where do you get a helicopter for High Profile Case? UltimateZAR and I were trying to run it but we could find one anywhere, so we tried climbing up the construction site but that didn't work. I remember trying to do this mission yesterday and I couldn't figure it out then either, so I just ended up killing myself.

It's extremely rare that one will spawn during the mission. I was waiting in spectator mode for you guys because I have an option to call Lester and have him find a chopper for me but I quit out a few minutes ago.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Call for a helicopter pickup from Merryweather and kill the pilot once he lands. You won't be able to call Merryweather again until you join a new session but gently caress it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

It's extremely rare that one will spawn during the mission. I was waiting in spectator mode for you guys because I have an option to call Lester and have him find a chopper for me but I quit out a few minutes ago.

poo poo :( Yeah, I called Lester to start this mission but the option to find a helicopter was greyed out. I don't think I'm a high enough level for that yet.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Same. I'm only level 28 so I can't call one. Just had to quit. Going up the crane is suicide after a 5 minute slog up the ladders.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I'm about to hop online and I have Merryweather access, invite me to your game (is that one 4 players? Can't recall). ThreeBomb on PSN

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Quasipox and I did a mission last night where we were sent to destroy some police cars, riot van, police motorcycles, and a prison van. You're given a "armored" vehicle to do the mission well after it's over you can turn around and sell that car for $16,000-$20,000 (can't remember the exact amount) and the mission is worth like $5000 so it's a pretty decent lower level mission.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy Calamity! posted:

Call for a helicopter pickup from Merryweather and kill the pilot once he lands. You won't be able to call Merryweather again until you join a new session but gently caress it.
This unlocks at level 30 but I'm a 26 :negative:

I guess I could just level grind in other ways until I hit 30 and try this mission again.

Robawesome posted:

I'm about to hop online and I have Merryweather access, invite me to your game (is that one 4 players? Can't recall). ThreeBomb on PSN
Yeah, 4 players I think. Okay, thanks! :)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Reo posted:

I think I need to stop playing with the emblem editor.

If I log on and this isn't the new 1000-1009 emblem then there is no god.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Accept the mission on the Maze Bank tower, base jump over to the highrise after sniping the dudes closest to you. One person should stay on the Maze roof to snipe the chopper pilot and jump off to deliver the briefcase.

Re: the Felon GT, there's a Martin mission where you must conduct a drive-by on a woman in a convertible and take a picture of the aftermath. She is driving a Felon GT, and so can you!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

OptimusMatrix posted:

Hahaha I'm pretty sure that was me. Sorry

Yeah it was definitely you, now I remember the name. How was your shower?

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo Quoting MYSELF posted:

To the goon that I got put into an empty server with. It was just me and you. You: very high level. Me: level ~ 12. You: singing "la la la la la I'm singing in the shower!" and talking to your dog. Or roommate. Or roommate dog. You're lucky I wasn't a higher level. I really wish I could have bombed you. You dick.

E: Oh yeah forgot to mention but you had like a $9000 bounty on you.

I need missles. Goons :arghfist::byodame:

E2: OH JESUS CHRIST I JUST SAW YOUR RED TEXT PLEASE DO NOT HURT YOUR DOG

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 13, 2013

obscure_reference
Jan 7, 2012

There's a few helipads near the water not far from the site, NPCs may be landing them when you first get to the construction site. You go under this arch for the yacht club (?), left, then right across a narrow walkway and you should see them on your left.

Calling Merriweather for chopper backup won't work for sniping purposes if you haven't unlocked helicopter pickup yet. That was a waste of $5000!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
100 stealth deathmatching with suppressed weapons is a thing. Many confused deaths amongst opponents.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

MrLonghair posted:

100 stealth deathmatching with suppressed weapons is a thing. Many confused deaths amongst opponents.

What exactly does ranking up your stealth do? Do you move faster while sneaking?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

But Not Tonight posted:

What exactly does ranking up your stealth do? Do you move faster while sneaking?

Not that I've noticed, it's about the range you appear on enemy radar with. Ran with a suppressor on a mini UZI on a lowbie alt and I was untouched and unnoticed even when I was hiding behind walls and pillars, as long as I stood and moved in stealth mode.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
What the hell. I'm trying to play with my friend but I haven't finished the tutorial. I thought I had. Where can I finish it from?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Random aside but man, if any of yall are enjoying TDM because of the radar aspect you'd loving love The Last of Us. I'm sure if you haven't played it yet it's because you don't have access to a PS3 but goddamn is that game's PvP great.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

But Not Tonight posted:

I think it allows you to stay better hidden on the minimap during deathmatch. It's easy to do. I just went into my garage, went into stealth and put an elastic around the L stick while doing chores. Had to poke it periodically to prevent the controller from dying but it was done well before I finished the chores.

I did the same with stamina(?), whatever the running one is anyways. Same trick, only had to go into a solo session (can't run in the garage) and rested a shampoo bottle on the A button to ensure he kept running.

OptimusMatrix posted:

What the hell. I'm trying to play with my friend but I haven't finished the tutorial. I thought I had. Where can I finish it from?
That happened to me until I found the survival mission it was bugging me to do at level 20 or so. Do you have any markers on your map?

Also, don't crop your dogs ears. It's mean and unnecessary.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

God loving dammit! I was on my way to Beeker's with an FIB Granger and the game crashed. Why is the only place to mod police vehicles on the other side of the map?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Mission payouts are kind of weird all around really. Martin's first mission is Out of Court Settlement at level 22 which pays $9000 for killing one man and driving back to Madrazo's house.

I played that one just now. Just kill one person, take a photo, evade the cops and just go to his house but I got 10k for it..

I wanted to do it again but I lost it :(

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

A c E posted:

I think it allows you to stay better hidden on the minimap during deathmatch. It's easy to do. I just went into my garage, went into stealth and put an elastic around the L stick while doing chores. Had to poke it periodically to prevent the controller from dying but it was done well before I finished the chores.

I did the same with stamina(?), whatever the running one is anyways. Same trick, only had to go into a solo session (can't run in the garage) and rested a shampoo bottle on the A button to ensure he kept running.

That happened to me until I found the survival mission it was bugging me to do at level 20 or so. Do you have any markers on your map?

Also, don't crop your dogs ears. It's mean and unnecessary.

Yeah all my map markers are there. But I cant join any of my friends.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

OptimusMatrix posted:

Yeah all my map markers are there. But I cant join any of my friends.

What level are you at?

Have you tried going back into single player and then joining GTA Online again?

I think, I ran into the same issue but once I restarted my marker appeared and after completing that mission I was able to join again. These tutorials are a bitch. We should be able to skip them, after the first mission I had a pretty good grasp on how to join/start missions and such, they don't have to go through it for each job type.

Edit: vvvvvvv About every other page in the thread. It should probably go into the OP if its not already. That said, I'm sure there are people still not aware of that.

A c E fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 13, 2013

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
It's probably been posted, but in survivor mode, if you pick up a weapon you generally wouldn't have access to in free mode, you get to keep it when you switch to free mode, until you log out. I'm level 21 now, but at one point last night I was like 13 or 14, some higher level person tried to run me down while I was on foot. Couple of assault shotgun blasts to the face changed his mind about that...can't wait til I actually unlock it. Right now I'm just leaving my PS3 on and hiding in my apartment so that I can hang on to the weapons a bit longer.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Anyone want to do some criminal records win trading/rp grinding on 360? GT: jmsalxndr

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I don't know if I'm supposed to be getting Base Invaders every time I call Ron and frankly I don't care, it just made a whole bunch of goons a lot richer.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

GangsterIsland posted:

Anyone on PS3 wanna exchange race wins and do the RP trick?

PSN: sporkfish22

Just sent you a friend request. I need motorcycle wins.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009

fuseshock posted:

Anyone want to do some criminal records win trading/rp grinding on 360? GT: jmsalxndr

Added you.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
So Kringy and I found the worlds most fearless shop owner

(We killed him, god rest his soul)

Also this happened

Seriously can someone please make the Moto Goonzi MC?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Any tips on getting the Vapid Sandking to spawn/locations? I tried waiting around Sandy Shores but no luck.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

PaganGoatPants posted:

Still can't find a felon. :arghfist::smith:
They're really cheap to just buy.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I just bought the sandking XL because it fairly cheap and the 4 door version doesn't seem to spawn super often. ( I think its like 17K or so?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Just discovered that you can buy sticky bombs for free, as long as you have one already. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread