Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So how far into the game do you need to get to get Tyrunt? (AKA not just get the Jaw Fossil but actually get the pokemon out of it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

How do I reset EVs? I remember there being a way, but I just started level 3 Special training and well my Tyrantrum's EV's are messed up

There's a punching bag that does it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think this might be my favorite Pokemon yet. Of course, I'm pretty sure I've been saying that since Red/Blue, so. :v: Just wonder-traded my Abra for a Pancham named Pam-Pam from someone in France.

Does tipping affect anything? It's kind of weird that this would be the game to include it. Tipping is pretty uncommon in France, and given how heavily (and pretty well, generally) they're leaning into THIS IS LITERALLY FRANCE W/ POKEMON, I'm surprised they'd make this kind of gaffe.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, but what are the circumstances that affect ability to trade/battle/o-power others? My girlfriend and I have been playing right next to each other since launch and about 50% of the time our options are greyed out, regardless of what situation we are in.

Sorry to self-quote so soon, but my question seems to have slipped by. What makes it so I can't o-power and such even when on wifi and internet? It seems to be random. Is there a level difference cap?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Got a sylveon last night. :3: Pokemon Amie is pretty easy now, all you have to is just keep playing the mini games in the unlimited difficultly while feeding them after with the puffs you win from those.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

BattleCake posted:

So how far into the game do you need to get to get Tyrunt? (AKA not just get the Jaw Fossil but actually get the pokemon out of it)

You can get the Tyrunt soon after you receive the fossil by traveling back to the lab.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

BattleCake posted:

You can revive it in the museum as soon as you get the fossil.

Edit: :argh:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Guilty posted:

Sorry for the newbie question, this is my first poke game, but what are things to consider when the question of evolutions come up? Should I evolve right away? or wait?

I'm pretty sure the only pokemon that can get screwed on movesets are ones that evolve using stones. And that kind of doesn't really matter now that TMs are infinite.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BattleCake posted:

You get the fossil in Glittering Cave and you can resurrect it immediately after leave the cave and going back to Ambrette Town which is something like a 5 minute walk at most.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

STOP.

Proceed.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Music Theory posted:

One has not truly played Pokemon until one has experienced two evolutions from the same battle.

Hell yeah! My Quilladin and Wartortle both evolved after wiping the rival trainer's team :black101:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Whose bright idea was it to give motherfucking Gengar of all pokemon access to an 80 power Special Fairy-type move and a goddamn Mega Evolution? I'm not complaining, Gengar is one of my all-time favorites, but with both of its preferred types buffed in Gen VI throwing it the ability to be SE against Fighting/Dark/Dragon/Grass/Fairy/Psychic/Ghost/Flying/Water and mega-evolve just makes it a ridiculous in-game sweeper and probably don't hurt none competitively either (although you probably wouldn't run Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Dazzling Gleam competitively, but the fact it can take any of those in combo is insane).

Seriously, you beautiful ghost bastard.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

You get the fossil in Glittering Cave and you can resurrect it immediately after leave the cave and going back to Ambrette Town which is something like a 5 minute walk at most.

The game even provides you an escape rope right next to the guy that gives you a fossil for easy exit.

Unrelated, Serebii has updated their Pokearth with locations for Pokemon. I wasn't able to use the little map they had but the drop down menu works fine. It doesn't provide percentages but it will at least tell you where things are in each route. Also some more information about Pokemon not considered for sky battles and how certain Pokemon evolve.

Shy Retirer
Sep 9, 2011
Does anyone have any idea what moves Aromatisse learns - if any? My Spritzee is 44 now and I'd love to evolve him but I'm worried about missing something vital.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Desperate Character posted:

Hell yeah! My Quilladin and Wartortle both evolved after wiping the rival trainer's team :black101:

The battle for the mega stone? That's the battle that I got two evolutions from, too. :hfive:

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Shy Retirer posted:

Does anyone have any idea what moves Aromatisse learns - if any? My Spritzee is 44 now and I'd love to evolve him but I'm worried about missing something vital.

The move that makes it a horrible ugly mess. :colbert:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Music Theory posted:

The battle for the mega stone? That's the battle that I got two evolutions from, too. :hfive:

I love timing my evolutions for important battles. I just had my Honedge evolve after solo-ing Korrina's gym (now for the fun task of dusk stone hunting :negative:)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Desperate Character posted:

I love timing my evolutions for important battles. I just had my Honedge evolve after solo-ing Korrina's gym (now for the fun task of dusk stone hunting :negative:)

Wait till it gets to level 53, it learns Sacred Sword.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zore posted:

Hahaha, that's amazing. I mean, it was inevitable, but still. Aegislash, goin' straight to OU.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Zore posted:

Well poo poo. Why couldn't you tell me this earlier when I asked in this thread. :negative:

edit: Where do I get Heart Scales? I just found the Move Relearner and I don't have any which is strange.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Urgh, Goomy in Poke Amie is so adorable I might die. :yayclod:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
21 hours. It took me 21 hours to get my second badge, and not ever did I feel this game was slow. Jesus.

Stalgren posted:

How robust is the 3ds touch screen? I always worry about breaking it during minigames if I press too hard.

Keep in mind this thing was primarily designed for kids from the age 6 and onwards. That being said, I freak when I press so hard I slightly bend the screen.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is Goomy supposed to be rare or something? I got one on my first encounter on route 14 and accidentally killed it and haven't seen one since :smith:

[e] I think the one thing pokemon games keep getting worse at is rivals. Most of the crew in this game don't even want to fight, and rival girl sucks rear end at pokemon battling (you seriously still only have 3 mon's what the hell are you doing). The rivals in the last games roughly kept up with you and it felt like they were training.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 13, 2013

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

^^^ Goomy's uncommon but not really rare, no. Be sure you're walking in the water to find him.

Previous Jesus posted:

edit: Where do I get Heart Scales? I just found the Move Relearner and I don't have any which is strange.

Steal 'em from Luvdiscs (fish anywhere with the Old Rod) or smash rocks on Route 8.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Woah, I really like the design for Honedge. It might be one of my favorites.
It seems to be inspired from Fire Emblem, which is cool.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is there a big rear end department store similar to the ones in previous games? I'm mainly looking to buy TMs.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Music Theory posted:

One has not truly played Pokemon until one has experienced two evolutions from the same battle.

My Quilladin, Wartortle, and Combusken all evolved at the same time after the rival battle to determine who will be getting a Mega Ring. It was glorious.

Actually, speaking of, what happens if you lose that battle? I assume you just white out and try again, but it would be amazing if you could lock yourself out of a mega ring until postgame or something.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Has anyone fooled around with mulch yet?

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

DrManiac posted:

Is Goomy supposed to be rare or something? I got one on my first encounter on route 14 and accidentally killed it and haven't seen one since :smith:

[e] I think the one thing pokemon games keep getting worse at is rivals. Most of the crew in this game don't even want to fight, and rival girl sucks rear end at pokemon battling (you seriously still only have 3 mon's what the hell are you doing). The rivals in the last games roughly kept up with you and it felt like they were training.

Yeah the rivals this game loving blow. I haven't even fought them once (not counting that double battle with fat kid and short kid) and Im almost at the 3rd gym. In fact the whole posse sucks, just give me one dude on the level of blue and I'll be happy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

horriblePencilist posted:

21 hours. It took me 21 hours to get my second badge, and not ever did I feel this game was slow. Jesus.

Keep in mind this thing was primarily designed for kids from the age 6 and onwards. That being said, I freak when I press so hard I slightly bend the screen.

I have 21 hours as well but I just got the 5th badge.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm really liking Inkay's movepool. Not even level 20 and it already has Topsy-Turvy, Hypnosis, Foul Play and Swagger. I can't wait to fight the 3rd gym :unsmigghh:

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

I forget what town it is, but there's a musician who plays the theme that played with Bianca/her dad in BW. He asked for a tip and I gave the maximum amount. :colbert:

Just had a great string of luck. I Wonder Trade a Slowpoke, get a Japanese Ditto in return. Breed my Squirtle with the Ditto, result is shiny (and I nearly Wonder Trade it away before I see the red star). Trade off another Squirtle in GTS, get a Charmander with Pokerus. This is all wonderful news, but the best part is come December, I'll finally have my all water starter team with shiny mega Blastoise taking his rightful place as captain.

e: tags, gently caress

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Is there any way to get the EV-reducing berries? It'd be nice if there was a way to touch up EVs without having to reset all of them.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

So I've got a sort of dumb question that I feel like should be obvious. When you're grinding on a rail with your roller skates, is there a way to not fall off when you reach a dip? There's an item on route 5 I can't quite reach.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Yeah the rivals this game loving blow. I haven't even fought them once (not counting that double battle with fat kid and short kid) and Im almost at the 3rd gym. In fact the whole posse sucks, just give me one dude on the level of blue and I'll be happy

Yeah, what I don't like is that the main rival in this game sounds like a stereotype trainer. They don't seem to have a personality, just "oh, there is a thing to be done. Let us go do the thing."

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Evil Sagan posted:

So I've got a sort of dumb question that I feel like should be obvious. When you're grinding on a rail with your roller skates, is there a way to not fall off when you reach a dip? There's an item on route 5 I can't quite reach.

Speed. Back up and hit it from further away.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... I just wonder traded a Pidgey.

And got a FROAKIE.

Wonder Trade is AMAZING.

Are Ditto's reasonably accessible?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I got an Impish Mawile and I'm wondering if that's good or not. Steel typing with defense boost can't be too bad, right? Is the low special attack something that's going to hurt it? And if that is a good thing where is the Everstone so I can make more baby mawiles and send them off into mystery trades for metapods?

Also: can fossil pokemon be anything other than males?

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I'm surprised they haven't done this: a jerk rival like Silver or Blue/Green, plus a friendly rival like Bianca, and a silly rival like Barry, all in one game.

PumpkinBat fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Supremezero posted:

... I just wonder traded a Pidgey.

And got a FROAKIE.

Wonder Trade is AMAZING.

I got a Scatterbug from Japan, which made me excited until I saw the OT name was in English. It's still a different pattern from my Modern pattern, but the Japan one is so pretty. :(

Honestly, getting exp for catching Pokemon has made me catch more Pokemon in general. Why hasn't it been this way the whole time?

• Locked thread