Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
What I don't understand is how you knew about my fuzzy plate fetish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Oops the lighting was even worse than I thought but what with it being amnesty month and all hopefully its alright? It's also a very large picture if you view it on a pc at full resolution. Does nudity not need to be nws'd in this forum? Thinking more of the finished model than retroactively.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Nudity still needs to be NWS'd I imagine... Less so much, Whatever that is. I think I seen more titty on scrambled cable. Even when I zoom in on where I know it should be I'm thinking that it's one of those Magic Eye pictures or something.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
Here is a better lit shot of the boobs in question.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/ua43ka4.jpg :nws:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Herring posted:

I, Red Herring, am oathing to complete one (1) converted Shadowseer to fit onto a Eldar Jetbike, sans bike. (GW 28mm)
Better...

Illudere posted:

I, Illudere, oath Medusa and Khael Stonekindle, both Reaper bones figures in 28mm. Also a gladiator from Pegasus Hobbies in 20mm.
:nws:

ACCEPTED!!

:siren: Minor rules updates! :siren:

Nothing that should overly concern everyone, but rules updates all the same. The Bachtere Clause MkII has been clarified, and so has Save Da Whales. If you're that interested/bored/concerned about either, please Ctrl-F those phrases in the OP and see what's been updated. That is all.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Do you want credit for doing a conversion? If so, please be sure to provide a before and an after photo of the model. That is, before it was converted and then after it's converted. There are no points involved, but there's an end-of-the-year competition or prize or something for conversions. This is of course voluntary.

I don't have any before pictures, so no.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So, a question I didn't see an immediate answer to in the op. Since I only oathed two models for this month so far, can I ADDITIONALLY OATH 3 more and claim themed group if I finish them? I'm nearly finished uncharacteristically early and may be able to fit in a few more dudes out of my half painted pile.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for October this Wyrd Shang miniature and this Reaper Bones Spider Swarm

Spending the day at uni painting, so I'm going to go for the speed painting bonus.

Also, Shang is from Malifaux.

Oath Addition!

I additionally oath this Reaper Bones Beholder for the month of October.

I realised I needed something pink for this month, so I got my bf to pick out one of my many Bones. Hence, pink Beholder.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So, a question I didn't see an immediate answer to in the op. Since I only oathed two models for this month so far, can I ADDITIONALLY OATH 3 more and claim themed group if I finish them? I'm nearly finished uncharacteristically early and may be able to fit in a few more dudes out of my half painted pile.

Yep!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I'm halfway through all my trees. :)

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, hereby Oath for October these (5) Games Workshop Possessed Chaos Space Marines!

e: yeah, Leperfish, 5. Edited my post to reflect that.

Rikthor fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 12, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, hereby Oath for October these Games Workshop Possessed Chaos Space Marines!

There's five, right?

Everyone

I'm going to be on vacation from Monday morning through Sunday night (Oct. 20th) this coming week. I should have wireless connectivity at our encampment, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to update the spreadsheets during that time. Shouldn't matter too much, you can still get Krushgroove to approve posts, and I'll be back well before any Oath deadlines. So this is just an FYI!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath for October these: Reptus, Winged Serpent, 2x Beetle Swarm, 2x Spider Swarm, all from Reaper Miniatures

Something easy for October as it's already halfway through and I'm not going to be priming today as it's pissing down outside.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath a full team of 12 Tutatis Puffy Melonge minis from Greebo (Poffy Mutation, Groffy, Devial the multy task, Fiffy, Grrofy, Lionpof - king of the Melonge, Poffy 1+2+3+4+5 and Runfy). They are 10mm of size

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Spawning Vessel and 6 grunts from privateer press Hordes series and Yamaziko from Wyrd's Malifaux.

One of the grunts is knocked over behind on the left, you can see her feet sticking out. I can retake if necessary. The grunts and the vessel are all have a base coat of some form on and you can see some red there as well. Those are all fine for amnesty month right?

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.
As I'm off to a new DropZone Commander tournament end of this month, and as I really don't like my existing PHR army;

I, Joe Richter, oath to paint the below 1,500 point Scourge army by 31 October (actually 26th, as that's when the tournament is)

For reference, the above are mostly basecoated, and are all 10mm models available from Hawk Wargames for their 10mm game DropZone Commander.

Finally, as this is my first time oathing, I'm supposed to post Awwww, it's a baby!

Edit to Lepperflesh add:

Joe_Richter posted:
Assuming you count each infantry base as one model; 42 in total.

Joe_Richter fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 18, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Joe_Richter posted:

[b]I, Joe Richter, oath to paint the below 1,500 point Scourge army
<snip>
For reference, the above are mostly basecoated, and are all 10mm models available from Hawk Wargames for their 10mm game DropZone Commander.

How many models is that? We'd just like to know for the spreadsheets. And thanks for making your first oath!

Everyone who's oathed since I last posted looks fine, I'm just on my phone at the moment and will do a proper post as soon as I can.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
:frogsiren:OATH COMPLETE:frogsiren:

Still haven't gotten the weathered armor to look good with the "stripey" effect. I may just start drybrushing white on so they look aged and faded instead.

DETEKTUV's JURNAL Pink (flayed) skin kilts!

Strike a Pose

"Of all the ideas, just two men on a recon mission? With no transportation or radio equipment? What nonsense!"

Brother Phelix complained noisily, as he had been all afternoon concerning the absurdity of the Captain's plan to find the Tau first and spoil the constant ambushes they had endured since landing on Eternal Bloodgeyser V. His jittering, ungainly companion Brother Tassitus stumbled ahead grumbling lowly; Phelix thought it must be difficult to voice a counterargument when one's vocal chords have been relocated to where your sternum once was. The Captain had become unusually charismatic over the years, but Phelix couldn't quite tell whether it was some personal magnetism on his part or the gigantic, bloodshot eyeball growing out of his arm that made a habit of staring straight at him whenever the Captain spoke. Either way, everything the Captain said seemed to be a fantastic, perfect idea until you were far enough away to think about it.

"Join Chaos, see the Galaxy they said. Riches, immortality, power, and all the drugs you can jam into your eyeballs they said! What a crock!" However many decades ago it was (it must have been decades, though counting and subsequently remembering these things was a difficulty now) the Captain and several of his most loyal marines abandoned a boring, backwater garrison over a pithy, filthy little farmworld mandated by some ancient Administratum Treaty and warp-jumped straight to the Eye of Terror to seek whatever fortune and power awaited them there. Twenty minutes into the trip, their astro-navigator mysteriously exploded into red jam and left them unshielded to whatever nastiness the unfiltered warp had in store for them.

Still, Phelix counted his blessings. Some of the men didn't have any of their original limbs anymore, or looked at him with a single eye merged with the forehead of their helmet. Many of them had foul smelling fleshy growths and tentacles that seemed to feed on the radioactive emissions from their aging power armor. Tassitus, that unstable wreck, was once on track to become a Chaplain with his booming voice and masterful hand for holy calligraphy; now he scrawls awkward, haphazard messages because one day his right hand morphed into a chainsword made of his own teeth. The worst Phelix had to contend with was his aging plasma gun, "Hickup", and it's habit of spilling plasma backwash over his chest plate. This had happened so much that whatever warp spawned parasite he suffered from spent most of it's resources repairing the burn damage rather than growing a superfluous ribcage or acid blood leaking out of his armpits. Tassitus started excitedly as they the pair trundled gracelessly towards a clearing.

"What's this? Maybe we can quite this waste of time with some convincing pictures of noth...."

"...Oh crackers"

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 13, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

I'm still on my phone, but in case you're going for the one-time bonus, the 'In Battle' bonus is meant to be a photo of figures on the table in an actual game. We've been pretty easy on this requirement I think but while I love the au naturale terrain you use in your pics, we'll need a picture on a tabletop to give you the point :)

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.

krushgroove posted:

How many models is that? We'd just like to know for the spreadsheets. And thanks for making your first oath!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

krushgroove posted:

I'm still on my phone, but in case you're going for the one-time bonus, the 'In Battle' bonus is meant to be a photo of figures on the table in an actual game. We've been pretty easy on this requirement I think but while I love the au naturale terrain you use in your pics, we'll need a picture on a tabletop to give you the point :)

Oh! Ok, sorry, I'll sort it out when I get home. We don't have any game stores with tables in town but maybe I can write something up instead.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: Additional October oath: 1 Stormblade Captain, Strangewaves, Jonas Murdoch, a Hunter, and a Squire. :siren:
These are all Privateer Press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Oh! Ok, sorry, I'll sort it out when I get home. We don't have any game stores with tables in town but maybe I can write something up instead.

Just had a look at the OP - the picture you posted would be good for the Strike a Pose one-time bonus (just come up with a 50-word story about why those guys are fighting blue soldiers amongst houseplants), and if you can wrangle up some enemy models and get a picture of them facing each other down on a tabletop somehow that's good enough for the In Battle bonus. The OP doesn't actually specify the models have to be in a game, sorry about that.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I, Imazul, oath that I will paint this Agramon, Pit Devil from Reapers Bones

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler, do oath this Reclaimer from Privateer Press' Warmachine Menoth faction, for the month of October!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

:siren:OATH Addition: 1 Dreadnought from GW:siren:
Thank God for amnesty month because I forgot to take a picture before I started on this guy. Also, I didn't forget the other leg/foot. It's broken.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Tyrant Xerxis, a Mortitheurge Willbreaker, Tiberion, and Molik Karn from Privateer Press, 5 Grey Knights and a Dark Angels Company Master from Games Workshop, and "Saruman and Gandalf at the tower of Orthanc" from Mithril Miniatures (32mm) for the month of October.

OH GOD THAT IS SO MUCH STUFF

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up to this post. I'll be gone for 7 days, although I might be able to continue updating the spreadsheets if I have time and if the internet connectivity is reasonably good.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

:siren: Oath addition! :siren:
I add to my oath two Viktorias, Bishop, and Johan in 28mm scale from Wyrd/Malifaux. One of the Viktorias was converted to be less cheesecake (Before and After)

Signal posted:

Alright, sounds legit to me. I'll probably throw something else in for the themed group later, although I'm not sure if I'm going to flesh out what I'm oathing, or throw up a ton of these 15mm guys I have sitting around...

For the month of October, I do oath one Malifaux Talor, one converted-from-rifle Djanbazan HMG, and two Sedition Wars Teleport doohickeys, all in 28mm scale.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I, IrvingWashington, oath to paint these here 12 Games Workshop Blood Bowl Orcs and this 1 Sedition Wars Samaritan from Studio McVey, all 28mm

I will also clean up all the little specks of plastic on my desk before I inhale some or get them in my eye (it's already too late)

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath the following:
1) Converted up Marneus Calgar from Games Workshop
2) Tactical Terminator Sgt from Games Workshop
3) Amnesty: 4 mostly finished but greatly in need of cleanup tactical terminators from Games Workshop

Oath Complete!

Team Breast Cancer Awareness! They fight for the cure.

Double the fun!
This month and last month's jurnals (pink ribbon and freehanded power sword)

Speedy Calgar is now based and varnished!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Addition! I additionally oath this Reaper Bones Beholder for the month of October.

Rikthor posted:

I, Rikthor, hereby Oath for October these (5) Games Workshop Possessed Chaos Space Marines!

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, do hereby oath for October these: Reptus, Winged Serpent, 2x Beetle Swarm, 2x Spider Swarm, all from Reaper Miniatures

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath a full team of 12 Tutatis Puffy Melonge minis from Greebo (Poffy Mutation, Groffy, Devial the multy task, Fiffy, Grrofy, Lionpof - king of the Melonge, Poffy 1+2+3+4+5 and Runfy). They are 10mm of size
Wow. Teeny! :)

Ledgem posted:

Oathing: Spawning Vessel and 6 grunts from privateer press Hordes series and Yamaziko from Wyrd's Malifaux.

One of the grunts is knocked over behind on the left, you can see her feet sticking out. I can retake if necessary. The grunts and the vessel are all have a base coat of some form on and you can see some red there as well. Those are all fine for amnesty month right?
I can just make it out, and yes these are perfectly fine for amnesty month!

Red Shoe posted:

:siren: Additional October oath: 1 Stormblade Captain, Strangewaves, Jonas Murdoch, a Hunter, and a Squire. :siren:
These are all Privateer Press.

Imazul posted:

I, Imazul, oath that I will paint this Agramon, Pit Devil from Reapers Bones

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, do oath this Reclaimer from Privateer Press' Warmachine Menoth faction, for the month of October!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

:siren:OATH Addition: 1 Dreadnought from GW:siren:

Signal posted:

:siren: Oath addition! :siren:
I add to my oath two Viktorias, Bishop, and Johan in 28mm scale from Wyrd/Malifaux. One of the Viktorias was converted to be less cheesecake (Before and After)

IrvingWashington posted:

I, IrvingWashington, oath to paint these here 12 Games Workshop Blood Bowl Orcs and this 1 Sedition Wars Samaritan from Studio McVey, all 28mm
After your GW submission last month I expect to see at least as much mud and weathering as I put on my BB Orcs!

All of the above are ACCEPTED!!

Sorry it took an extra day or so to get to these - looking after someone's dog is a little more work than I remembered...and I've realized now I'm more of a cat person...

Joe_Richter posted:

I, Joe Richter, oath to paint the below 1,500 point Scourge army by 31 October (actually 26th, as that's when the tournament is)

Finally, as this is my first time oathing, I'm supposed to post Awwww, it's a baby!

Joe_Richter posted:

OK - can you please do Leperflesh a huge favor and edit that into your original oath post? It just makes it much easier for him to keep track of things rather than having to go back and forth with everyone's posts.

While you're at it, can you link to the larger full-res picture of your oath as well? I can't make out the date at all. I'm not picking on you, I have to be tough on being able to read the date to make sure the contest is fair on everyone. I'm aware you're probably rushing to get the models finished though. If you don't have a better, readable picture you can get accepted by just getting your models (in whatever state they're in) in a picture with your phone or tablet or whatever with a readable date. Sorry!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Double-posting because what the hell, but if anyone is in the Nottingham area Friday afternoon/evening myself and a couple of my 40K buddies will be at Warhammer World to take in the sites, try a Belly Buster and probably play some Kill Team games. Drop me a PM or email if you want to meet up! krushgroove169 at gmail

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Double-posting because what the hell, but if anyone is in the Nottingham area Friday afternoon/evening myself and a couple of my 40K buddies will be at Warhammer World to take in the sites, try a Belly Buster and probably play some Kill Team games. Drop me a PM or email if you want to meet up! krushgroove169 at gmail

Don't tempt me, I may be able to make it, transporting my stuff would be a hassle though. PM me with details.

I Raphus C Oath 3 Nob Bikers (All GW)for August:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Raphus C posted:

Don't tempt me, I may be able to make it, transporting my stuff would be a hassle though. PM me with details.

I Raphus C Oath 3 Nob Bikers (All GW)for August:

PM sent! and Accepted!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Ah you forgot to mention I'll be there for some of it too!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 1 "Zhanshi" Infinity miniature by Corvus Belli

Gonna try and speedpaint it. Any Infinity dudes know who she is? Got it in my swag bag from Nova.

Oath Addition

1 Converted Necron Destroyer Lord, GW model

1 Converted Necron Harbinger of Dispair, 6 Necron Warriors, all GW models.

I finished assembling the Destroyer Lord before I realized I needed to take photos of the components for the conversion contest, can I show what models the parts came from or will I have to convert another model?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I have a question about conversions: Does the pre-conversion picture also need to be timestamped and dated within the month that the oath is for? Or is it just a reference for the model that you started with?

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I, Deanut Pancer, oath this GW WH-Fantasy big squig thing (At least I think that is what it is - it is a really old, very heavy, metal model I found in an old box of stuff - possibly an old Gobbla model?)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Deanut Pancer posted:

...possibly an old Gobbla model?

Yep :) That's the original Gobbla of Skarsnik and Gobbla fame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Namenlos posted:

Ah you forgot to mention I'll be there for some of it too!

Well I wasn't sure if you were wanting to play as well :-) Raphus will be there from 3-ish and I've booked two tables somehow (one of the 'feature' tables and one normal one), so anyone who wants to play can show up.

The guys I'm going with will be leaving at 4 (we’ll be having lunch, looking around and hopefully get in a couple of Kill Team games) but after that I'm looking to play whatever, I've never played with anyone outside my group (or at WHW). So far Raphus and I are thinking of a 1000 pt game but I guess it depends how many other folks show up!

• Locked thread