Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

craigslist retard posted:

i sale Cadillac escalade n good conditions to what i no ....n is The las offer - $6000 (west omaha)
if someone is interest call or text 402-216-1198 this is the last offer The truck runs good, whit 22 inches rrims, full bodykit, hd lights, tail lights, leader seats,4x4

No child left behind or victim of a stroke? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

YF19pilot posted:

What's up NE Ohio goon? Here's some more "gold" from the area:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/4099848537.html

With the prices of 911 engine/transmission rebuilds nowadays, that might be a deal just for the drivetrain.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Here's a gem:

.. what?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I guess that legal weed in Colorado has effects that not even we could fathom...

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

Tremek posted:

Here's a gem:

.. what?

is that a renault?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

shoopeach posted:

is that a renault?

Looks like it, and a Euro plate, too.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4099808128.html

Price dream on this price. And it's an SMG.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

Aside from the sunroof issue, there's got to be something else wrong with it.

It just sounds too perfect.

Also, the Kelly Blue Book says a similar car in excellent condition (with double the miles) should sell for $11,389 from a private seller. I would recommend closely inspecting the mods since they are clearly what are inflating the price of the vehicle.

I also couldn't figure out whether your comment meant you were interested in it, or whether it was an attempt at sarcasm.

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 12, 2013

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It was sarcasm, it's an e46 M3 with the least desirable transmission and not particularly low miles. If it had a 6spd he would have no problem getting 20 or over, but SMGs basically guarantee a sub 20k car. I could have bought 15k SMG cars all day long when I was looking for an e36/e46.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Possible gold if the tranny issue is just a throttle valve cable adjustment or something.

Jakcson
Sep 15, 2013

**** JUST REDUCED ****

'88 Jimmy

174,XXX miles
New Tires

5.7 Engine
V8 4x4

Spare tire, tons of original extra parts, manuals and misc included.

CLEAN AZ Notarized Title ready to hand over.

Call and make cash offer!

quote:

I'd buy that for a dollar!!! :shepspends:

Jakcson fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 13, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Not Craigslist but sweet jesus.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=456038

I'd drive it.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd drive it.

All that time and effort and the intake looks like a Home Depot special with its crooked untrimmed clamps. Cool car, though.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Needs a bowtie graphic in the rear window.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is actually surprisingly nice. What the hell?

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

This is actually surprisingly nice. What the hell?

First I've heard of it, but yeah apparently legit.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%2795-%2797_Pontiac_Firefly_Hatch.JPG

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Oh, I know what they are. I drove one for a few weeks in high school. That's why I'm so surprised about the condition.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

BlackMK4 posted:

I'd drive it.

They put all that work into the car then put K-Sports on it? Whyyyyyyyy

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4118295747.html

:catstare:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Octopus Magic posted:

They put all that work into the car then put K-Sports on it? Whyyyyyyyy

They also deleted the AC, making it unusable in the Southern half of the US for the half of the year you'd want to drive it. Lazy. There's one of these on another forum over in Saudi Arabia. His AC works, it's AWD, and he plans to twin turbo the thing! I think the cruise control even works, IIRC.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012

DJ Commie posted:

All that time and effort and the intake looks like a Home Depot special with its crooked untrimmed clamps. Cool car, though.

I don't even know why he bothered to use the MAF. I just did a speed density tune on my LS swap and got rid of the MAF all together.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
http://chillicothe.craigslist.org/cto/4128498527.html

What is this?? Looks awesome

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
An issue of Grassroots Motorsports has a big article on an AWD LS1 996(?) with working everything.

edit: useful info; Issue is December 2011 and pertains to the Renegade Hybrids conversion of a 996.

Joe Mama fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 15, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a 1968 issue of Road and Track that details stuffing a Chevy 350 in a Porsche 912 so the idea has been around for some time :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I had a 2001 Accent, looked just like this, fit me perfectly on multiple cross-US trips and, as a little manual, was fun to drive. I don't care much for my 2010 automatic Fit, and I'm wondering if I should just sell it and get something like this. Any Californians know what a reasonable price for an old Accent should be?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4078373429.html

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How long ago did you have it? Because I uh... I never would have thought I'd see an Accent under Craigslist gold is all I'm saying. Not that I'm knocking the nostalgia factor but man. See if you can pick up a really cheap one and keep the Fit as a second car?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

How long ago did you have it? Because I uh... I never would have thought I'd see an Accent under Craigslist gold is all I'm saying. Not that I'm knocking the nostalgia factor but man. See if you can pick up a really cheap one and keep the Fit as a second car?

Never having owned a car with a timing belt, and doing my own maintenance, I drove it until the timing belt broke in 2010. Oops, didn't even know that was a thing. Up until that point, I changed the oil regularly and, in early 2010, changed out the original battery. It never had any other troubles, ever.

My house doesn't have a ton of parking space. I've got an old Studebaker in the driveway, 2 motorcycles in the garage, and the Fit on the street. My girlfriend (we don't live together) has a nice new Toyota sedan. I don't think I could realistically keep 3 cars, I'd be up to 5 vehicles by that point.

I found the Accent an extremely pleasant car to drive. It was small and low, which made it feel quick, and the hatchback made it convenient for moving a surprising amount of stuff. I thought the seating position quite comfortable, in contrast to the Fit which makes my entire right leg ache. It was good on gas, too.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Never having owned a car with a timing belt, and doing my own maintenance, I drove it until the timing belt broke in 2010. Oops, didn't even know that was a thing. Up until that point, I changed the oil regularly and, in early 2010, changed out the original battery. It never had any other troubles, ever.

My house doesn't have a ton of parking space. I've got an old Studebaker in the driveway, 2 motorcycles in the garage, and the Fit on the street. My girlfriend (we don't live together) has a nice new Toyota sedan. I don't think I could realistically keep 3 cars, I'd be up to 5 vehicles by that point.

I found the Accent an extremely pleasant car to drive. It was small and low, which made it feel quick, and the hatchback made it convenient for moving a surprising amount of stuff. I thought the seating position quite comfortable, in contrast to the Fit which makes my entire right leg ache. It was good on gas, too.

How hard up are you for money, because you could find something nicer, that is similar to your description, and still be cheap?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hashal posted:

How hard up are you for money, because you could find something nicer, that is similar to your description, and still be cheap?

I'm not really hard up for money, I'm just considering an Accent of approximately that era because I know, from something like 6-7 years of experience, that they seem to work well for me.

Edit: vvvv yeah I know what you're saying... and I guess I could just open up kbb.com and see what a 2003 Accent should be worth.

Double Edit: haha, kbb.com says $1952 for one in excellent condition

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 15, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the breakdown its just not a viewpoint I've ever run into so it was sort of alien wanting to go from a Fit to an Accent.

E: gently caress it if it works for you follow your dreams and get the best drat accent money can buy :3:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
They're not bad cars, but I'm calling a bit of nostalgia too. Memory told me the 2nd gen 323 was a good car when driving an old one in the 90s, having fun, thrashing it around corners, red lining it etc. But man when driving on 5 y-8 years later, they really sucked in reality.

But anyway, the hyundai, if you google search 'excel rally Australia', you'll find images and forums to show they actually like the cars and rally them down here in Aust.
This is the second gen hyundai, what was called accent in the USA. The first gen 'excel' was a piece of crap abut they still kept the name 'excel' either because toyota was being difficult (a version of the corolla was called the ascent and they didn't want confusion), or because they thought we'd just rename it the hyundai 'accident'. -Anyway, it was the 3rd gen here they finally dropped the name 'excel' and went with 'accent' to match the rest of the world.

People like the 2nd gen excel enough to trust them in a off road rally, and they are cheap enough for spares and spare cars, and I think after 2002 they got DOHC engines that are decent enough.

I wouldn't be paying more than $1500 for one though unless really good condition, well maintained and low kms - but that's a unicorn anyway. people that bought them did not maintain them and didn't care too much, and that's the main sticking point with them, they will be nearly all ruined by now. Even yourself let the belt snap after all, these cars were sold to the ignorant to be disposible IMO. Makes it hard to find a good one, so you'd probably need to find a couple, like one with blown motor but good interior and paint/panel, but blown motor, and one for a motor and gearbox honestly, that's if you want a low priced way of getting one that isn't trashed.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 15, 2013

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I hate to say it, but all these guys are right about being disposable.

I kinda get what your saying about the Fit though. I drove one, it wasn't a bad car by any means, but it felt very unsubstantial. What is keeping you from getting rid of the Fit? A loan? If your not tied down to it, why not sell it and buy something else?

Any thing else you have your eye on?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I hate to say it, but all these guys are right about being disposable.

I kinda get what your saying about the Fit though. I drove one, it wasn't a bad car by any means, but it felt very unsubstantial. What is keeping you from getting rid of the Fit? A loan? If your not tied down to it, why not sell it and buy something else?

Any thing else you have your eye on?

I've got about half the loan left to pay, although if I wanted to I could pay it off immediately. Probably should wait until the shutdown is over or I know I'm not going to be furloughed, though. If I sold the Fit, I guess I could use the Studebaker for grocery trips and such in town, and take the motorcycle for longer distances, at least until I get another car.

Nothing else I've particularly had my eye on. I'd like something with a manual transmission, not too expensive. I'm thinking the Fit may be uncomfortable for me because it has a more upright seating position, so I'd prefer something a little lower.

If I could find a 2nd gen Accent in good shape for the KBB prices, around $1500-2000, I'd probably go for it because that's pretty drat cheap. Get a new timing belt in there to avoid a repeat of my previous embarrassing mistake.

If you've got any suggestions for something kind of similar, I'll check it out.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Your much better off finding a well taken care of Accord or Civic. The later model Hyundai cars are not bad, but again, it boils down to how well it was taken care of.

*Generally* a non riced out Accord with some decent service records is a good buy. But if you do find a nice later model Hyundai with good records, I don't see why you shouldn't buy it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buy a miata not a hyundai. Better yet throw megasquirt on that studeshaker and call it a day.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Never not get an E30.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to come up with a reason not to buy this. At that price, it'd be irresponsible NOT to!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4117504717.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you get 4 of the 12 cylinders to work I would call it a victory!

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

rscott posted:

Never not get an E30.

And while you're at it, buy two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I'm trying to come up with a reason not to buy this. At that price, it'd be irresponsible NOT to!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4117504717.html

So when are you starting the thread?