Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

You Should have aquatail. I thought azumarill learned that earlier than level 40?

That's level 47 according to Serebii, assuming they haven't moved it from B/W. I was hoping Azumarill might get whatever physical Fairy attack people were talking about earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Aww man, these foreign vivillions look so much cooler than my modern one. However they are not nicknamed and I shall have to shove them into a box never to look at again.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Why can't they make drag and drop boxes yet? What's the deal?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sending out baby Chespins with Shadow Claw and Bulldoze into Wonder Trade makes me really happy, for some reason. Like, some poor little guy is sending out his stupid bunny thing and getting back the ultimate luchador warrior baby.

And I got a German Goomy from some guy. It's called Viscora. :3:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why can't they make drag and drop boxes yet? What's the deal?

The green option above the box lets you drag and drop multiple pokemon.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Yeah, and they loving removed the "Move Pokemon" option from Box Operations, so now there's only "Deposit" and "Withdraw". Talk about a step backward...

It's just called organize box instead.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

For anyone who didn't notice (like me), on the GTS you can search by "what pokemon" and it will let you type in the name without needing to have seen it. Traded one of my egg Froakies for a Ditto and now I can breed like mad. Maaaaaaad!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Aww crap. These vivillions actually gained two levels in the battle they evolved in, so now they can't learn struggle bug hilariously enough. Of course I'm not going to use them, but I need to remember that incase I get another pokemon that learns a move on level up as to avoid messing them up.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Don't suppose anybody has bumped into a Beldum yet, huh? Seems my dream of tackling the E4 with a Metagross isn't happening this generation.

If you post your FC I can get you an egg with a beldum in it.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.
I'm only as far as the forest at the beginning (I've been working long days and getting sidetracked by Pokemon Amie), but when can I pick up a Mareep? It's my favorite poke and I'm psyched Ampharos got a mega evo.

Sprite141 posted:

Aww crap. These vivillions actually gained two levels in the battle they evolved in, so now they can't learn struggle bug hilariously enough. Of course I'm not going to use them, but I need to remember that incase I get another pokemon that learns a move on level up as to avoid messing them up.

There's always the move relearner.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Bogart posted:

Sending out baby Chespins with Shadow Claw and Bulldoze into Wonder Trade makes me really happy, for some reason. Like, some poor little guy is sending out his stupid bunny thing and getting back the ultimate luchador warrior baby.

Hawlucha :colbert:

Have you seen the animation for Flying Press?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zurai posted:

Fly is good for non-competitive purposes. Strength is OK as well. Cut sucks, though. I really don't think either Strength or Cut should be HMs any more; you can't even trap yourself in any way with Strength since the rocks stay moved forever, and I havn't encountered any places in X where I could have trapped myself with cut (ie, no screen transitions after Cutting that have no other exits).

I really wish they would make the HMs into items or something. Give me a pickaxe to smash rocks/an axe to cut trees or whatever. I don't want to teach any of my main guys those moves but I don't want to waste a team slot lugging around a useless Bidoof.

To be fair it doesn't seem like you need HM moves as much in this game but it still bugs me

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I'm in the Mirror Cave looking for the Alakazamite. Does anyone know where in here it is?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Der Metzgermeister posted:

I'm only as far as the forest at the beginning (I've been working long days and getting sidetracked by Pokemon Amie), but when can I pick up a Mareep? It's my favorite poke and I'm psyched Ampharos got a mega evo.

There's always the move relearner.

There's also a struggle bug TM in not paris, but I won't be wasting a heart scale or money on either of those guys.

EDIT: Just got a pupitar from a wonder trade, level 45. Too bad it's both male and has no nickname and as such is completely and utterly useless.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 14, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oops. Just got Fly, went back to check out older places for HM shenanigans. Discovered Route 22. Sorry, lovely trainers. I'm going to have to crush you all with Goomy.

Goomy still rules. I love it when the battle camera does a dramatic zoom in on his goofy face. :kimchi:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Unbound posted:

I'm in the Mirror Cave looking for the Alakazamite. Does anyone know where in here it is?

Someone earlier said there's a hidden passage you can only see in one of the mirrors that leads to it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Zurai posted:

Someone earlier said there's a hidden passage you can only see in one of the mirrors that leads to it.

Yeah, it's at the top of the glittering cave and you can see the entrance on the mirror.

Where do you find Goomy?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Elblanco posted:

Gonna ask one more time since it got overlooked, but if I get a duskstone and use it on a fresh doublade will the ageislash actually have moves to learn, or is it one of the stone evolutions where you want to wait till the last second?

Quoting because I'd also like to know.

And thanks to everyone who posted about the "Move Pokemon" now being "Organize Boxes". Appreciate it.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

And thanks to everyone who posted about the "Move Pokemon" now being "Organize Boxes". Appreciate it.

I evolved mine at level 52. It has yet to learn anything, though I did have to go to the Move Relearner for King Shield, so it learns that at some point.

Being said, my doublade learned Sacred Sword at I think 50. So I would wait for that.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 14, 2013

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

I don't think anyone knows right now, sadly. Though someone who has evolved it could probably answer if it hasn't seen anything.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Does anyone know what pokemiles are, and what they're used for?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Unbound posted:

I evolved mine at level 52. It has yet to learn anything, though I did have to go to the Move Relearner for King Shield, so it learns that at some point.

This has been asked a million times but I've never seen anyone respond to it.

Where is the move learner? Is he standing next to the move deleter? If not, do you know where the deleter is? What currency do they use?

Edit:

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You get pokemiles when you trade (such as wonder trade). The further someone is from you, the more pokemiles. You also get a few just from walking around in the game. You can trade them to a dude in Paris's Pokecenter for items, such as PP Up.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah, it's at the top of the glittering cave and you can see the entrance on the mirror.

Where do you find Goomy?

Route 14, in both the grass and the puddles.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You get them from doing stuff online like sending O-Powers or trading, and they're essentially like flight miles in that there's one guy in Lumiose City's South Pokecenter who trades you items for pokemiles.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You get them for trading with people. The distance from their selected geographic location between yours is converted to pokemiles, which you can trade at an NPC in one of the early towns for things like Rare Candy/PP Up/whatever.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Friend safari's pretty neat so far. I got a lot of goon friend codes from Animal Crossing, and they all generate an area with 1-3 pokemon. I'm not sure if they're in game or only in the safari.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Alkydere posted:

Where is the move learner? Is he standing next to the move deleter? If not, do you know where the deleter is? What currency do they use?

They are in the same town, let alone same house, in Dendemille Town. I know it's a Heart Scale to remember, free to delete.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Yup, in order to evolve Sligoo, it has to reach level 50 and level up in the rain while it's actually raining on the world map. This can be rather annoying if, like me, no where in your game is currently raining. Thankfully waiting an hour and trying again got me rain.

Goodra's X entry is just so :3:.

quote:

This very friendly Dragon-type Pokémon will hug its beloved Trainer, leaving that Trainer covered in sticky slime.

Just need Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Sylveon and Yveltal and I'll have all the (known) new Pokémon.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
"Eevee used all its strength to break through the Paralysis so it wouldn't let Serena down!"

:syoon:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Alkydere posted:

Edit:

You get pokemiles when you trade (such as wonder trade). The further someone is from you, the more pokemiles. You also get a few just from walking around in the game. You can trade them to a dude in Paris's Pokecenter for items, such as PP Up.

They're in the same house in Dedennine town? The Ice one right after the 6th badge. Move Relearner takes Heart Scales, Deletion is free.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Unbound posted:

They are in the same town, let alone same house, in Dendemille Town. I know it's a Heart Scale to remember, free to delete.

Zore posted:

They're in the same house in Dedennine town? The Ice one right after the 6th badge. Move Relearner takes Heart Scales, Deletion is free.

Thank you!!!

This should probably be a "promote to OP's information" nugget of information.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Holy balls Braixen bounces around like an excited magical girl in Amie~ This is why I restarted for a girl.

Internet Kraken posted:

Guh, I don't get why I'm so slow. I'm just taking my time catching pokemon and messing around in the Amie/Training so I only have two badges. Seems like everyone I know is way ahead of me now, so I'm kind of bummed out since I can't fight with them now.

I don't know why I seem to move through this game at a snail's pace.

11 to 12 hours in and, I only have one badge that I just got today. I only get to play through and be excited by all the little things once, y'know? Like the fact my hands lift up to rustle the tall grass, that I kneel to talk to kids, that trainers turn to look at me, and that I put things in my bag and that it takes a moment to build up speed on my skates. I spent 5 minutes spinning around the fountain just north of Santalune.

And this is probably just a personal thing, but I'm so delighted to see trainers of all skin tones in the world. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen1, and everyone was just so....white. (And I had to cross dress.) It took really until Gen5 to not have the world a sea of pasty paleness and then other than Lenora it was....dancers and sports guys, go stereotypes. But now there's things like the schoolgirls are brown! It's nice to really feel a little more included in the world of Pokemon.

Nethilia fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 14, 2013

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Anyone have a spare Froakie they'd be willing to trade me? I seem to remember a couple people saying they were swimming in Froakies. Sadly I don't have much to trade you except my eternal gratitude. Any nature/gender is fine.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You get them from wonder trades and normal trades (and maybe streetpasses? I got 1 "PM" from a streetpass. Possibly battles too?), and there's a vendor in notParis that will trade them for items e.g. 60PM for 1 ultra ball, 1000PM for a PP up, that sort of thing.

Apparently they'll also be used for the new dream world, and old DW points are converted into PMs or something.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

whoops double post

Emalde
May 3, 2007

BattleCake posted:

Anyone have a spare Froakie they'd be willing to trade me? I seem to remember a couple people saying they were swimming in Froakies. Sadly I don't have much to trade you except my eternal gratitude. Any nature/gender is fine.

Join #pokegoons I will set you up. Then get your rear end out of here and into this thread

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Anybody? Where do I go after I get the badge in Lumiose City?

The professor told me to meet him in a cafe near the Pokemon Center but I can't find him. I've been running in circles for 30+ minutes at this point.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

The professor told me to meet him in a cafe near the Pokemon Center but I can't find him. I've been running in circles for 30+ minutes at this point.

One of the kids you start your journey with will be standing ouside. It's a Red cafe to the left of the Pokecenter by about a block or so.

I'm still in this Mirror Cave and I found TM74 and now I'm standing in the middle of a slightly purpleish circle. Is this where the Alakazamite is, and do I need to have an Alakazam with me?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Use Fly to go to the center of town (Lumiose has 3 different Fly destinations). Immediately turn around until you spy a Team Flare guy. He's right out front of a red cafe. That's your destination. Remember that spot for later, too.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Emalde posted:

Join #pokegoons I will set you up. Then get your rear end out of here and into this thread

I actually did post there but thought this thread might have a better chance of getting a bite, sorry :blush:. Getting on irc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

You can hop in a cab and have it take you to the cafe if you're really stuck.

• Locked thread