Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

S Danger K posted:

After beating the Elite 4 do I get the starter that mine is weak to or strong against?

Strong against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

It just seemed appropriate, you know?

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...
What's the best strategy for Pokémon-Amie? Just focus on one at a time, feed it when its belly sparkles, pet it until it gives a music-note speech bubble, then play with it, rinse and repeat? It seems like Fullness and Enjoyment are always at odds with each other, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Alright, starting a Wonder Trade chain until I get something good.

Carnivine (Audrey 2) -> SPA Fletchling -> JPN Gulpin -> JPN Scatterbug -> Snubbull -> Furfrou -> JPN Snubbull -> Nincada

Never had a Nincada so it works for me!

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Ahh, this girl in a house randomly starts playing that Emotions tune from Gen 5 in her house. Left that girl a big tip.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Okay how do I cure a fainted Pokemon again besides taking them all the way back to a pokemon center? I swear there was a way before :confused:

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary

Unbound posted:

Strong against.

Thanks! But now I cant find a Chespin on the GTS because I have not seen any yet. I thought they fixed that?

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Macaluso posted:

Okay how do I cure a fainted Pokemon again besides taking them all the way back to a pokemon center? I swear there was a way before :confused:

...the Revive item?

S Danger K posted:

Thanks! But now I cant find a Chespin on the GTS because I have not seen any yet. I thought they fixed that?

You can manually type in a name at the bottom of the list, the listing only has what you've seen by default.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

Macaluso posted:

In the first town, in one of the buildings on the right side of the plaza, a woman behind a counter will heal them for you.

Edit: Oh herp derp, I completely misread your post.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Maple Leaf posted:

Are you hiding in my house? How do you know what I named mine? :tinfoil:.

Speaking of, had a moment of :stonk: with the Wonder Trader yesterday. I sent a Bunnelby named "Bugs" (original, I know) off to Japan and thought nothing of it. Then I got one back with the same name a few trades later from Japan. It wasn't mine of course, but there was just that one brief moment before I checked the OT where I idly wondered if it'd had somehow made its way back to me.

Macaluso posted:

The Pokemarts start stocking Revive's after a few towns. I think somewhere around the second Gym, or after your first big trip to the city?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

S Danger K posted:

Go to the bottom of the list, there's an option there that lets you type in the name. Can't choose a gender or anything though when you type the name in.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
gently caress, I can't decide which gen I starter to take. I want them all. I've been sitting at the selection screen for over 5 minutes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Der Metzgermeister posted:

In the first town, in one of the buildings on the right side of the plaza, a woman behind a counter will heal them for you.

Edit: Oh herp derp, I completely misread your post.

I thought you were just being snarky :v:

I must have overlooked the revives in the pokemon center stores. I'll have to go buy some

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ditto + Super Training + Reusable TMs + Wonder Trade = Super Babies! Totally doing this when I need a break from the main story. What should be my first super baby? I don't have Goomy yet. Hm...

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

ChibiSoma posted:

:dance: I love the new GTS. I got a Japanese Ditto for a Pinsir. Just caught the Pinsir, and I was sad to see it go, but Ditto is important! I can't wait to near the 8th gym for that! Now I can breed a bunch of babies to give cool moves to and put up on Wonder Trade. :3:

I'd like to use the GTS. I've been trying pretty much since release to get a Ditto, but instead all I get are communication errors requiring me to restart the game.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

So, Sliggoo evolves at 50+ when leveled up in the rain, right? Does it have to be raining on the overworld for that to happen, or raining in-battle? 'Cause I went back to the rainy route where I caught it and it wasn't raining anymore. Hopefully it has to be in-battle so I can just use rain dance.

I was hoping to just feed it a rare candy and have a Goodra :(

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Man, I once again feel overwhelmed as to what I want my team to be. Picked Froakie and plan on having Helioptile and Tyrunt, but I'm drawing blanks on the next three spots. The event Torchic seems really nice, but I have a feeling it might make the game easy mode.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

MustelaFuro posted:

gently caress, I can't decide which gen I starter to take. I want them all. I've been sitting at the selection screen for over 5 minutes.

Well I'm going to eventually breed some bulbasaurs here. I just need to figure out if I should EV train it before trying to level up. I got an adamant female bulbasaur first try, but I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. I mean they're normally special attackers but this new petal bilzzard of its is a physical attack.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

C. E. Croix posted:

Man, I once again feel overwhelmed as to what I want my team to be. Picked Froakie and plan on having Helioptile and Tyrunt, but I'm drawing blanks on the next three spots. The event Torchic seems really nice, but I have a feeling it might make the game easy mode.

One of those should be one of the Gen 1 Starters. Bulbasaur if you consider using the Torchic, otherwise Charmander's probably the better pick to complement Froakie.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Well I'm going to eventually breed some bulbasaurs here. I just need to figure out if I should EV train it before trying to level up. I got an adamant female bulbasaur first try, but I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing. I mean they're normally special attackers but this new petal bilzzard of its is a physical attack.

You would be my hero!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Where can I find the mega Mawile stone? It's not postgame only but I can't find where to find it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Unbound posted:

Pretty deep in the Terminus Cave.

Alternately, get any Pokemon to maximum EVs, which unlocks Secret Super Training. Then beat the first 5 of those to unlock the one with an Aegislash balloon. That one hands out Dusk Stones if you score high enough.

EDIT: You can do this literally from the time you get your starter, and there's a Secret Super Training for each stone type.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 14, 2013

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Where can I find the mega Mawile stone? It's not postgame only but I can't find where to find it.

Shabboneau Castle, 2nd floor, left side.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

If I choose squirtle, say, does that mean it's impossible for me to get charizardite and venusaurite?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

MustelaFuro posted:

If I choose squirtle, say, does that mean it's impossible for me to get charizardite and venusaurite?

There's been a few posts about buying Charizardite for like, a million Pokemonies but I haven't seen it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Wow, after maxing her out in Pokemon-Amie, my Charmeleon is apparently determined to impress the hell out of me. In one fight she cured herself of paralysis by sheer force of will and then decided to just not die when she was killed. What a champ.

Pretty sure you can buy the other Kanto mega stones somewhere else ingame.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

MustelaFuro posted:

I have a guy offering to sell me charizardite in not paris, so no. Though it'll be a long while until you can get them cause they ain't cheap.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
All my forward progress has halted since I got to route 14. Caught 10 Goomys to get one with a good nature and now I just finished with it in super training and now I have to grind it 20 levels at slow dragon pokemon exp rates. :shepicide:

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.
Welp. Looks like I'm going to be using a Beedrill for the foreseeable future.

I only started playing with Stabby the Weedle in Amie for a laugh, I never thought I'd get so attached to the drat thing. Now I've got it at four hearts and I don't think I could bear to box it.

Edit: Also goddamn Pokemon Amie. I'm stuck in Santalune because I can't stop playing with my goddamn Beedrill.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Oh hey, I put up a baby Froakie for a Ditto on the off chance someone would actually want that and it happened within 5 minutes. Amazing, especially considering how long the Charmander-->other Gen 1 starter was taking.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

It is post game only.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
It looks like if you have any female starter, you can just make baby starters and GTS them for whatever other starters you want within minutes. I completed my starter collection within a half hour of my first Froakie egg.

E: And of course this goes two posts below someone having the opposite experience.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Where can I find Skrelp?

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Interesting. I wonder if that means Charizardite is the only one available later on.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I got a street pass today with someone with the game, where do I look up the person I passed today?

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Can you rename traded pokemon? I know you couldn't before but with the sheer freedom of trading there is now I have to wonder.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Where can I find Skrelp?

Route 8 with the good rod! Sorry if this is a double post, phone posting!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maple Leaf posted:

Mine's named Alastor. Really there's no shortage of demonic swords to name it after.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

redcheval posted:

Can you rename traded pokemon? I know you couldn't before but with the sheer freedom of trading there is now I have to wonder.

No

Does anyone know how to get the 8th gym functioning? All I can find in the Winding Woods are dead ends :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Has this been posted yet? Album of a bunch of new shinys, emphasizing the fact that mega evos get unique colorways

http://m.imgur.com/a/VZ0jQ

• Locked thread