Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Those Darklands miniatures are amazing, but holy poo poo those prices. I wish you hadn't ever linked that. I want that Blood Maw thing so bad, but gently caress paying $86 USD for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I can't wait to buy this and read it cover to cover and then have it sit on my shelf because I will never convince any of my friends to play it with me. I'm not being even remotely sarcastic.

Thankfully I have one friend who loves the Myst mythos as much as I do, and another who adores non-combat story-games, so if nothing else I can run with those guys. And I'm sure some goons would be up for a PbP.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Did the Last Stand stuff ever get shipped?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah, a few months ago.

e: or do you mean the bonus box sets? Those haven't.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah, just about everybody should have their books and cards by now (barring any edge cases). If you don't have yours you should get in touch with me so I can see what's up. Box sets haven't gone out yet but box sets have also been a mess and I might just have to issue refunds for them at this rate.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Mikan posted:

Yeah, just about everybody should have their books and cards by now (barring any edge cases). If you don't have yours you should get in touch with me so I can see what's up. Box sets haven't gone out yet but box sets have also been a mess and I might just have to issue refunds for them at this rate.

Aww, that's too bad. I was looking forward to seeing what the cool surprises you included were.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I thought the books and cards were coming in the box... Get ready to check your PMs Mikan.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I shipped all copies of Base Raiders to backers. I'll make it available for general sale this week.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has anyone received their physical copies of Ehdrigohr yet? Dude mentioned he was starting to ship them out a few weeks ago and I haven't seen sight of mine.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Still waiting on mine, Mac.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Got my copy of Edrigohr maybe a week-10 days ago.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Has anyone received their physical copies of Ehdrigohr yet? Dude mentioned he was starting to ship them out a few weeks ago and I haven't seen sight of mine.
Still waiting on mine. He was sending to physical-book-only backers first.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Mikan posted:

Your PMs are full. I'm still waiting on one of the $50 levels, in the UK if that affects the shipping.

marchosias
Feb 22, 2011
I'm also a UK backer of Last Stand at the $50 level and haven't received anything yet. I was wondering where the books had got to. Still not as long as I've been waiting for Gareth Michael Skarka's Far West Kickstarter though, and at least the Last Stand rules actually exist and are available as PDF (backing Far West was a mistake).

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, Far West pisses me off and I didn't even go for it; I just know too many people who had their hopes up only to get slapped for actually wanting the product they paid for.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Made some room in my PM box, sorry about that. It fills up so fast.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah, Far West pisses me off and I didn't even go for it; I just know too many people who had their hopes up only to get slapped for actually wanting the product they paid for.

I went for it. :(

What's more infuriating is that GMS is actively hostile towards people who're upset that his project is two years late now. He got pissed at me on G+ a while back because I dared to suggest that a little custom service or regular updates might help things.

Karma to Burn
Dec 21, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

What's more infuriating is that GMS is actively hostile towards people who're upset that his project is two years late now. He got pissed at me on G+ a while back because I dared to suggest that a little custom service or regular updates might help things.

The audacity.

It still astounds me how a such a noted industry veteran :airquote: could be years late on multiple books and be so belligerent about people wondering about delivery.

But thanks to the recent completion of other notoriously late RPG Chronicles of the Void (another amazing project I'm totally not at all disappointed I backed guys) Far West is now the most delinquent KS project I'm still waiting on, so, milestone there. I've been willing to tolerate CotV's delay because they're industry small timers, but big shot GenCon Guest of Honor GMS really ought to be (but clearly isn't) above this kind of bush league behavior.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

REO Speedial posted:

The audacity.

It still astounds me how a such a noted industry veteran :airquote: could be years late on multiple books and be so belligerent about people wondering about delivery.
Because this is an industry where the "professionals" aren't expected (or required) to be professional.

e: That's not to say that there aren't professionals in this industry. The problem is that there are big name designers out there who don't seem to have any idea how to deal with any kind of complaint or criticism, which is bad when you're the public face of your company.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 14, 2013

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

:toot: It's official :toot:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Jesus Mikan, Inverse World, Last Stand, Nocturne...What's next?

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
Please do Democracy: Majority Rules next. :smith:

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Jesus Mikan, Inverse World, Last Stand, Nocturne...What's next?

Hopefully an intervention.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Mikan, we have to talk. Look, man, we understand. You're going through some times, and some days, only running other people's kickstarters gets you out of bed in the morning. We understand. But it's getting out of hand. You're going to destroy yourself going on like this. We're your friends, and we care about you. It's killing us to see you doing this to yourself.

And we want you to take over our kickstarter project. C'mon, man, be a pal.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's elves time:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/elven-adventurers-box-set?ref=banner

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I think they picked a dumb time to do it, what with Bones II still running in full force. But Stonehaven Miniatures is doing elves. Elves without boob windows, elves without spread-eagled poses, elves as far as the eye can see.

Well, not yet anyway, but their last two kickstarters have bulked up quite thoroughly in stretch goals. No greens yet, but their sculptor is a wizard at making the minis look exactly like the concepts.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Hey if you went through me to do a group buy for the basius base pads, check your PMs. I have been billed and costs have been calculated

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Alien Rope Burn posted:

What's worse is that according to the site, it was basically done a few months ago and they advertise that pre-orders are now open...but they're not and that was two months ago.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Looks like there is a new kickstarter out for a Wuxia inspired game using the Fate Core System. It's called Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade. Not alot of how the game works or the setting is really expounded upon in the kickstarter itself. There is a podcast for it that claims to go into greater detail, but I don't feel like listening to it. I know that sounds off, but I feel that I'm not the only one who saw that option and felt that way. Don't get me wrong, the game seems cool, but I don't have time to listen to a podcast.

The prices seem to be reasonable: 15 for a PDF and any additional pdfs from kickstater, 40 for Physical Book and PDF plus additional pdfs from kickstarter. Interestingly enough, a $1 backing gives you the playtest rules.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Well, Golem Arcana just squeaked by its goal with 7 hours left in the campaign.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

senrath posted:

Well, Golem Arcana just squeaked by its goal with 7 hours left in the campaign.

The designer had a front page article on Boardgamegeek yesterday, which I bet helped push it over the line. Personally, it confirmed my feelings about the game: very clever, but it's completely unclear what it actually gives me that I don't already have. And it may take away - if I set up an ad hoc battlefield, can I use that with the computer? How?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Well at least I'll be getting a bunch of rad golems in the clearance discount bin next year.

:smith:

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012
Dawning Star has a final update about its last day. tl;dr= If the project hits $30,000 by the time funding is over, a series of supplements will be produced periodically, similar to what was done during the d20 period.

Adventures in the East Mark also started. It is referenced as a retroclone, but what is really intriguing about it is that it originated in Spain and the project is for an English translation. I don't know how good or bad it will be but I am going to follow it.

Tianxia, the Fate Core wuxia game, almost funded in its first day, too, which is cool. The art for that game is pretty!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gasperkun posted:

Tianxia, the Fate Core wuxia game, almost funded in its first day, too, which is cool. The art for that game is pretty!

With shipping that's $90 to get a 200 page hardcover book :stare: I'd be shocked if they had a single non-US backer above the pdf tier at those prices.

Gasperkun
Oct 11, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

With shipping that's $90 to get a 200 page hardcover book :stare: I'd be shocked if they had a single non-US backer above the pdf tier at those prices.

I think they are planning for the shipping hike next year, for one thing. I don't know the logistics behind why they made that decision, really, but this isn't the first time I've seen that kind of response since the links have been spreading.

Basically, shipping sucks internationally right now. You either overcharge for it in terms of what people want to pay or you charge less for it and end up losing money, is what I hear is happening. The fact that a trickle of primarily POD fulfillment projects started happening is the self-selected solution I think that has been soaring around KS projects. Lords of Gossamer & Shadow did it, Amethyst (based in Canada) is doing it, that Riddle of Steel spiritual successor did it, Lamentations of the Flame Princess (I don't play the game but I hear about it) is now doing it on IGG, Accursed for Savage Worlds did it, and there are probably others I can't think of at the moment, plus there are likely some down the pipeline that will be doing it too.

The fact that Kickstarter is opening things up for Australia and New Zealand now too means more internationally-based project creators have the chance to take part, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do POD fulfillment too.

Gasperkun fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 15, 2013

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Gasperkun posted:

I adore wuxia, it's my favourite genre of anything, but what the genre really needs is a meta-analysis like Shadow of the Century did for pulp. Not yet another original setting and yet more rules for FATE Core, which is flexible enough and has enough resources to make it even more flexible as it is. Very likely going to pass this one, unless it's groundbreaking in some way.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Gasperkun posted:

I think they are planning for the shipping hike next year

Mother of gently caress, another one?

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013
Hey guys, just wanted to get you guys an update. I have purchased all the posters and prints and bookmarks and buttons. I'm just over halfway done getting the art completed for the deck. Things are still looking to be on track for getting the decks out for the holidays.

I've had to change the plans for the card game though. The person working on the card game has been having to do a lot of traveling and hasn't been able to get in a good playtest of the game. I don't want to have to put off shipping the cards because of that so I will be releasing the rules as a printer friendly pdf when they're ready.

Also here are the new card backs

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
That is a gorgeous card back. I still can't decide if I want poker or tarot size cards though! (Just to clarify, the tarot ones are the larger ones, right? My only tarot deck is pocket sized, but I was under the impression that the cards were generally larger.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thedandmom
Jul 5, 2013

jivjov posted:

That is a gorgeous card back. I still can't decide if I want poker or tarot size cards though! (Just to clarify, the tarot ones are the larger ones, right? My only tarot deck is pocket sized, but I was under the impression that the cards were generally larger.)

Yes the tarot deck is larger than the poker. Better hurry up and pick though, I'm closing the paypal shop soon.

• Locked thread