Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Just did a wonder trade and got a Japanese female Hawlucha. Time to start breeding. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I've caught a male gooey sliggoo, trying for a female one. I might be able to send out some gooey goomy eggs if anyone is interested.

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 14, 2013

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

So when breeding, does the nature of the parent have any effect on the nature of the offspring?

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
Anyone know how to evolve Budew now? I have my DS time set to noon and he is max affection in poke-amie yet he doesn't evolve when he levels.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I caught the unofficial XY mascot Goomy! :3:

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

Kin33 posted:

Anyone know how to evolve Budew now? I have my DS time set to noon and he is max affection in poke-amie yet he doesn't evolve when he levels.

You have to do it in the old way, Pokemonamie happiness is a different stat :saddowns:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

BattleCake posted:

So when breeding, does the nature of the parent have any effect on the nature of the offspring?

In the last gen it did not. However, if a parent was holding an everstone then any egg they produced would the same nature they did. I have no idea if it still works that way.

Are there any good physical fairy moves? Neither my Carbink or Mawlie have any options for fairy moves to capitalize on their attack stat so far. Pretty annoying.

Also, I just realized that nicknames do in fact show up in online battles. Everyone I've thought with so far has just been terribly boring so far.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 14, 2013

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Any word on what tipping does just yet? Some people have said it increases the Shiny encounter rate and so I started tipping like mad but, just as with all previous Pokemon games, I've never seen a Shiny in the wild at all.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
OH GOSH THE MUSIC WHEN YOU RIDE AROUND ON A SKIDDO AT THE RANCH OH GOSH THIS COULD BE THE WHOLE GAME

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Fickle Pickle posted:

Seems like the musical meter is how many times she'll give you hearts for petting her. Once it's depleted you'll just get little music notes instead of hearts until you play games and fill it back up again.

What the hell, "Enjoyment" goes down when you pet them? :(

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I've caught a male gooey sliggoo, trying for a female one. I might be able to send out some gooey goomy eggs if anyone is interested.

May I have a Goomy please? :3: What Pokemon do you want for it?

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

HalfHazard posted:

You have to do it in the old way, Pokemonamie happiness is a different stat :saddowns:

Thanks, but drat. Whats the point in pokemonamie then?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you manage to get some gooey goomy eggs, I'd love one. How are you managing to find them, by the way?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kin33 posted:

It lets your pokemon shake off status effects, increases crit and evasion, and allows them to survive a lethal hit.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

ZTeamIsDead posted:

May I have a Goomy please? :3: What Pokemon do you want for it?

Well I'd like a talonflame to help hatch eggs. I'm not sure if males can pass down DW abilities or not, so I'm gonna keep looking for a gooey female.

everythingWasBees posted:

If you manage to get some gooey goomy eggs, I'd love one. How are you managing to find them, by the way?

Friend safari. I also just caught a rough skin gabite.

raito
Sep 13, 2012
If anyone wants Larvesta, let me know - they're in my Friend Safari (as is Ivysaur if anyone wants those)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kin33 posted:

Sylveon needs max affection in Amie to evolve from Eevee.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Sylveon needs max affection in Amie to evolve from Eevee.

No, it doesn't. It just needs a Fairy move.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I just got Fly... and my drat Vivillon can't use it. I didn't have any other flying types in my party! Now I'll have to find a flyer I like, or live with changing out Pokemon any time I want to travel and obsessively check boutiques.

:saddowns:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Friend safari. I also just caught a rough skin gabite.

Is it one of the goons? I'm not to the Friend Safari yet.

Sorry for all these questions, by the way.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

When does Gardevoir learn any Fairy moves?

Or:

Are there any Fairy TMs to be found before Gym4?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

Is it one of the goons? I'm not to the Friend Safari yet.

Sorry for all these questions, by the way.

It's rhoga but it's his third slot so he has to be playing when you start. I'm using trace gardevoir to find out abilities. Gooey is pretty rare on these guys even here.

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 14, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zurai posted:

No, it doesn't. It just needs a Fairy move.

Serebii lied to me. :saddowns:

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

The online features in this are so great, especially considering how terrible Nintendo has been at them in the past.

I managed to get an Aerodactyl and Tyrunt from Wonder Trades after I started giving out (admittedly bad) Honedges, and then later a different person apparently liked one of my dumb sword nicknames enough to open a real trade afterwards and give me a Staravia. Considering the Starly line is one of my favorites, I'm quite happy right now.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Strange Quark posted:

Serebii lied to me. :saddowns:

No, he's lying. Max Pokemon-Amie it is.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ville Valo posted:

I just got Fly... and my drat Vivillon can't use it. I didn't have any other flying types in my party! Now I'll have to find a flyer I like, or live with changing out Pokemon any time I want to travel and obsessively check boutiques.

:saddowns:

Really.

I can't believe they are still preventing you from flying on your bug friends. As if Bug/Flying isn't lovely enough already.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

How do you catch a Pokemon with its Hidden Ability? Is Goomy a Horde?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Internet Kraken posted:

Really.

I can't believe they are still preventing you from flying on your bug friends. As if Bug/Flying isn't lovely enough already.

Gogoat, however, can learn Surf.

What a world we're in.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Well I'd like a talonflame to help hatch eggs. I'm not sure if males can pass down DW abilities or not, so I'm gonna keep looking for a gooey female.
Dang, don't have a Fletchinder yet.:(

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Huh, the guy selling Charizardite Y is asking for 500,000 for me, and I don't have any of the Kanto starters fully evolved.

I assume you picked Bulbasaur as your starter? I'm still trying to find information on whether or not we can get all 3 Kanto-ites. I picked Squirtle(offers Venusaurite) and i'm sort of regretting it now that we aren't sure if we can get all 3.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I feel so bad for mocking Malamar's design when I first saw it. It looks fantastic in game and is such a fun pokemon to use. It may have took them 6 generations to make a squid pokemon but it was worth the wait.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

So I was looking up how to evolve Skrelp and apparently it needs to know camouflage? Crap. Does anyone know where the move relearner is? Or if there's a level requirement for Dragalge?

Also whoever posted saying to use quick balls is a dang genius. I've caught every pokemon every try since using them, including the Goomy I just got.

mareep fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 14, 2013

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Internet Kraken posted:

Really.

It makes no sense, really. You can soar across the countryside on a bird the size of a man's fist, but heaven forbid you try on your human sized beetle known for extreme strength and flying ability.

VVVEdit: I've been told Rain Dance doesn't count. Natural rain or bust.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Can you use Rain Dance to evolve Sliggoo? Also, what are some places that Rain often? Because Route 14 isn't.

Fickle Pickle
Jul 23, 2013

Mennonites Revenge posted:

What the hell, "Enjoyment" goes down when you pet them? :(

I'd assume it's similar to you bugging them constantly until they get pissed off. :shrug: Too much of a good thing and all that.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

No, he's lying. Max Pokemon-Amie it is.

There have been multiple people in this thread who have said all they needed was a Fairy move and were not maxed on Pokemon Amie.

EDIT: And also people who were maxed out that couldn't evolve it.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 14, 2013

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I'd say the chance of getting a secret ability in the friend safari is around 5%.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Neo_Crimson posted:

Can you use Rain Dance to evolve Sliggoo? Also, what are some places that Rain often? Because Route 14 isn't.
The only place I've seen it rain so far is in front of the crystal cave where you get the fossils. After you ride the Rhyhorn.

Maybe you can go in and out of the cave and it resets the weather. I dunno.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Where do I go after I clear the Frosted Cave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

Where do I go after I clear the Frosted Cave?

Ride ze shoopufMamoswine.

• Locked thread