Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Unfortunately you joined the game during the boob slider weekend and thus you are seeing the absolute worst impulses of the young adolescent male.

MCHM again tommorow hopefully.

Until then,

You cannot stop the angry queen.

Good night gentlemen.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Unfortunately you joined the game during the boob slider weekend and thus you are seeing the absolute worst impulses of the young adolescent male.

MCHM again tommorow hopefully.

Until then,

Good night gentlemen.

Blood on your hands for taking the wrong debuff!!!

Edit: I'll make the strikeforce bow today if you explain to me how masterworking doodad works.

Edit2: Wanderingkid I've noticed you've been sharing Corsair Trade Secrets (TM) on the official forums, I demand you cease and desist you butt. I'm gonna be pissed if some rear end in a top hat starts skyboxing me.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 13, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Are you kidding? 90% of the people in CS can't even read raid chat. No way they are getting past the 3rd line.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Are you kidding? 90% of the people in CS can't even read raid chat. No way they are getting past the 3rd line.

One of these days we are going to get dunked by people skyboxing us and that day I will curse your nameeeeeeeeeeee.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
An honourable death at the hands of worthy opponents. :black101:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I never realized how bad people could be at ToT until I started tanking it. When I was dps I never had any problems. 4 out of 5 times I run into a group where they don't understand the mechanic even when I ask.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So was talking to a friend that plays Ktera and apparently the rumor mill is that BHS started a panel with top pvp players (yes people actually do 3s competitively there) and is planning to rebalance pvp all across the board.

The first part was released already (resulted in archer/mystic nerf). Apparently this was done because CQ was a melee stun with no counter. FS/RS cancel -> CQ with the new gear meant you were stunned during the stagger. This meant archers had the best melee stun in the game with the lowest CD with a near 40-50% uptime with CDR. The rest of it is funny because BHS took a list of all the problems people had with archers and applied them all, meaning they were hit with a nerf that was too big (Archers dropped from 3s pretty hard). There is talks of reversing some of the nerfs, since atm they have very little to get people to peel off them.

The mystic nerf was done because with the CDR + HP gear + general lowered burst across the board they became unkillable in 3s and totally replaced priests as healer of choice. The best part of their nerf is that there is a bug at the moment so their newly nerfed 15% heal ticks twice for 15% + 15% = 30% meaning they are still the best pvp class post "nerf".

Next on the chopping block is lancer and a berserker buff is planned, but no details yet.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!

Wassbix posted:

So was talking to a friend that plays Ktera and apparently the rumor mill is that BHS started a panel with top pvp players (yes people actually do 3s competitively there) and is planning to rebalance pvp all across the board.

The first part was released already (resulted in archer/mystic nerf). Apparently this was done because CQ was a melee stun with no counter. FS/RS cancel -> CQ with the new gear meant you were stunned during the stagger. This meant archers had the best melee stun in the game with the lowest CD with a near 40-50% uptime with CDR. The rest of it is funny because BHS took a list of all the problems people had with archers and applied them all, meaning they were hit with a nerf that was too big (Archers dropped from 3s pretty hard). There is talks of reversing some of the nerfs, since atm they have very little to get people to peel off them.

The mystic nerf was done because with the CDR + HP gear + general lowered burst across the board they became unkillable in 3s and totally replaced priests as healer of choice. The best part of their nerf is that there is a bug at the moment so their newly nerfed 15% heal ticks twice for 15% + 15% = 30% meaning they are still the best pvp class post "nerf".

Next on the chopping block is lancer and a berserker buff is planned, but no details yet.

I imagine the FS/RS followed up with CQ is only viable with popori archers since they can pull it off so quickly.

What could be in store for lancers... I bet they will inadvertently buff them and make them even more unbalanced.

Watch BHS give berserkers a leash of some sort ;)

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I went and tried out the three new easy dungeons. They were all quite simple and rewarded everyone with a Zenith Box. Without knowing what it was for I decided to open one and see what happens.

I thought it was stupid fodder until I clicked it on the broker and it said 25k. Oh it was the new set! That was a pleasant surprise. I will try Wonderholme next time!

On another note, holy that Elin is humongous!

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Septimus posted:

I imagine the FS/RS followed up with CQ is only viable with popori archers since they can pull it off so quickly.

What could be in store for lancers... I bet they will inadvertently buff them and make them even more unbalanced.

Watch BHS give berserkers a leash of some sort ;)

Main issue with Lancer is they have a little too much sticking power. Also brutal cruxes apply +kd damage on the hit that kds so thats how you get mega Wallops. They might fix that. Biggest issue I think is that canceling combo attack gives Lancers too much forward movement in combat and it applies a 3 second 50% slow debuff on the first hit. They could reduce the magnitude of that slow debuff.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is crafting at all worth doing while leveling, or is it better to just sell the materials on the broker? And on that note, I have no idea what is even going on with pricing on the broker. I listed some lovely level 23 crystals just to see what price is recommended and some of them were worth a couple gold. Has inflation run rampant (which judging by some prices may be the case), are they actually worth that much, or is it just the result of lots of joke listings?

I forgot how much of a pain getting back into an established MMO is.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 14, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Its generally not worth crafting whilst levelling your first character. If you already have a level 60 and are levelling a new character, its worth crafting scrolls and potions for your levelling character to use. Either way you will want to max out crafting when you are level 60 because the best items in the game are all crafted and scrolls/potions are amazing.

The economy in Tera is amazingly stable because most items are useful in some way. Even weapons that you consider unusable for your character have a use as enchanting "fodder". To understand why some low level crystals are more expensive than others you need to level several characters and make a note of which areas were difficult to solo. These are usually level ranges between dungeons where the fastest way to level is to mob grind. When mob grinding you need to be wearing up to date gear with proper crystals otherwise it takes too long to be worthwhile.

New players will find this expensive but people levelling alts generate thousands of gold per day on their level 60. Spending a few hundred gold on crystals to make things go faster is not a big deal. This is why Hunter's Crystals around level 30 to 40 are over 50g each. This is because the fastest way to level from 30 to 40 is to mob grind Desert Fires in Colossal Ruins. i.e. you gather up a massive number of normal monsters and burst them down whilst xp boosting.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I've been poking around in this in between things in FFXIV and I forgot how fun the combat was as a Berserker. I never really did get a chance to do the high-end stuff like MCHM and KN20 previously, I'm curious as to how the newer stuff fares compared to that.

You mention VM is much easier to make now--is that truly the case? I remember looking at it previously and pretty much going :effort: but if they've removed the huge financial/time required to get it it might be worth pursuing.

Also, hitstun on Cyclone now :woop:

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I, too, would like to exploit skyboxes in CS. I have a good idea of where all the invisible barriers are just from past turret experience, but I'm not sure how it affects the tank's splash damage. Did you say that when you hit a skybox, everything directly below it gets damaged?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Above and below. There is no vertical height limit.

For example, if there are people attacking the inner gate, the inner tank can shoot the ground above the gate or the skybox of the north and south airship path to hit everyone at gate level.

Lets say you are on the attacking team and you are in a ground tank. You want to nuke people on mid pyre so your zerg can force cap it, but you don't have line of sight since the outer walls are too tall. You shoot the skybox of the south airship path and you will bit everything around mid pyre. The opposite also works. If you are in a tank defending mid pyre against attackers, ground tanks should be skyboxing you.

You can kill those ground tanks by shooting the skybox above them.

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I've been poking around in this in between things in FFXIV and I forgot how fun the combat was as a Berserker. I never really did get a chance to do the high-end stuff like MCHM and KN20 previously, I'm curious as to how the newer stuff fares compared to that.

The new dungeons are all easier than MCHM and KN20. MCHM is still the most challenging and in my opinion fun dungeon and it would be cool if more people tried it.

There is a general reluctance to do so because its common for experienced players to be intolerant of mistakes and few will take the risk of partying with new players. But me, Sync and Puda will take anybody along for the ride. Even Wassbix who by any stretch of the imagine is undergeared. He has a +6 Abyss chest and non enchanted Fraywind boots with literally no dungeon experience at all. Even so, our attempt over the weekend failed because I got the debuff order wrong when I had to cover his debuff.

But we will defeat the angry Queen with undergeared players. Its only a matter of time at this point and everyone gets practice time in without the usual sperge lords getting angry because you hosed up.

MCHM tonight? I'll bring a couple of beers. Also up for 3v3 team queue in all Victors gear or 3 DPS queue for comedy.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Above and below. There is no vertical height limit.

For example, if there are people attacking the inner gate, the inner tank can shoot the ground above the gate or the skybox of the north and south airship path to hit everyone at gate level.

Lets say you are on the attacking team and you are in a ground tank. You want to nuke people on mid pyre so your zerg can force cap it, but you don't have line of sight since the outer walls are too tall. You shoot the skybox of the south airship path and you will bit everything around mid pyre. The opposite also works. If you are in a tank defending mid pyre against attackers, ground tanks should be skyboxing you.

You can kill those ground tanks by shooting the skybox above them.

You can also hit south airship airbox to hit the ground tanks that normally you cannot hit from the wall! It's tricky because around the wall area the south airship ascends so there is an invisible ramp. My friend and I've been experimenting to see how far we can abuse it but 80% of the time we can blow up ground tanks trying to skybox the mid pyre.

Also, haven't replicated this yet, but it seems the double/triple tank hit that occurs when climbing might have something to do with either guardians pledge or kaia's shield. Last night when I was duoing a premade tried the cheese and near the end climbing phase my shot did 4 ticks of damage.

As of now, I'm at 59 wins since my last loss (which was 2 weeks ago) premade record is 31-1 and my duo record is 28-0. I did crash last night and lost 60 rating but i'm not counting that :qq:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Adrenalize I can log on if you want help with mchm. I promise not to be insufferable and bitter!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Question for you wanderingkid. I bought like 6 glyph boxes with bellicarium and got all the ones I didn't need (Rain of arrows / Explosive arrow). Do I just keep going till I get the ones I want or should I just buy it off the broker? Or is there a different method of getting just the glyphs I want.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

KaneTW posted:

Adrenalize I can log on if you want help with mchm. I promise not to be insufferable and bitter!

Yes! We need people who can take a debuff and keep their cool whereas I have a tendancy to brain fart and Sync is yelling "no! I'm 3!" and I'm like "no, I'm 3!" and then "no I'm 2. gently caress."

Spam fairy. Spam mote. Dive. Pool. Jaunt. Spam mote. Dive. Pool. Jump/Retaliate. Jaunt. Pot. Dive. Pool.

gently caress.

Wassbix posted:

Question for you wanderingkid. I bought like 6 glyph boxes with bellicarium and got all the ones I didn't need (Rain of arrows / Explosive arrow). Do I just keep going till I get the ones I want or should I just buy it off the broker? Or is there a different method of getting just the glyphs I want.

The old way to get glyphs is to run Temple of Temerity (ToT) and collect Practicum Badges and Dire Badges. You get 7 Practicum and 5 Dire Badges per run as long as all 3 BAMs die.

Trade in Practicum Badges for random glyph boxes until you have most of the ToT glyphs. I think its 15 Practicum badges per RNG box and 30 Dire Badges per glyph. At some point the RNG gets too lovely and you get too many duplicate glyphs for it to be worth continuing with RNG boxes. So you sell your Practicum Badges and buy the glyphs you didn't get using Dire Badges.

The other glyphs you get from doing Sirjuka Gallery (SjG). This instance is easy and highly telegraphed but you need to watch a video guide beforehand. If you gently caress up, even a little bit, you make it impossible to get a good score. There are some mechanics which are basically DPS checks so if you have super lovely gear, it may not be possible to get a good score. That said, you actually use consumables and do pretty good DPS for the rags you are wearing. You might be ok.

You can buy an RNG glyph box using 15 Silver Talents or specific SjG glyphs using 45 Gold Talents. If you get good scores (rank 1) you get 3 Gold Talents per run. Spam RNG boxes until the RNG is too lovely and then buy the last 1 or 2 SjG glyphs using gold talents.

After Corsair's Stronghold I prefer to spam Bellicarium glyph boxes since these can give both SjG and ToT glyphs. When I've got like 2/3rds of the glyphs I just buy Silver Talents and Dire Badges off the broker. This is mainly because I've done SjG and ToT so much I no longer enjoy playing them whereas I still enjoy playing CS.

Dunking 1300+ ELO premades never gets old.

WanderingKid fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 14, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

When are you going to run?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
When Sync, Puda and Wassbix are on. They are my long suffering MCHM homies.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

I'll be on from maybe 12:30 to about 4 pm my time (Pacific time) today. Then I have class but I'll be back around 7 and I can stick around as late as I want. Tuesday I have class in the early morning (8 - 9:15 am) and then the entire day off. Wednesdays are the same as Mondays. Thursdays are the same as Tuesdays. Friday through Sunday I have off. So that's when I'm available.

I want to do 3 man queen sometime soon as well. For some reason I just havn't really gotten around to ever doing it 3 man, only 4 or 5. Also, when I finally stop rolling <10 on cubes and put my Nightforge weapon together, I wanna 2 man it just for the fun of it. MCHM is too much goddamn fun.

Sync fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 14, 2013

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
WHHM yesterday was the usual barrel of laughs. Boojum Gripples and a Cube dropped. The person who got the Cube didn't have any Marks. The world keeps turning.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

I wish I did WHHM more, and I could probably find pugs and do it 3 or 4 times a day if I wanted, but it just sucks a lot of the time. In the last 5 cubes I've seen drop I literally havn't rolled over a 10 on any of them, so of course some random idiot who couldn't even afford 1 mark ends up with a cube that he can't use. That and the instance can have a tendency to get annoying sometimes. The clown boss is literally 100% impossible for any tank to hold aggro on, let alone the awful tanks you get in pugs, so he ends running all over the place and I can barely get a solid hit in on him. The teralith goes well if I'm doing UFC, but that doesn't always happen and when it doesn't, it's slow. Bandersnatch is an alright boss but it ends up just being switching back and forth between follow the leader and raging at the horrible hitbox. That said, guild runs are pretty good because we have plenty of reliable people usually, but guild runs happen like once every two days max or something. Man, why can't cubes drop from MCHM :(

Edit: On a lighter note though, I got my new gloves to +12 and wow they're great. It's basically just an extra 5% or so attack speed and like 15 extra crit rate.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

WanderingKid posted:

When Sync, Puda and Wassbix are on. They are my long suffering MCHM homies.

I'll be on around 1-2pm pacific then depending on how things work out. Got time until 5pm, then I won't be available until tomorrow.

E: make that a bit before 4pm then.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 14, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I'm normally on after 4-6PM PST and usually get thurs or friday off. So during those times I'll be up for anything (long as its fun).

KinkyJohn if you want to know the details on skyboxes just shout when you see me in guild. Normally, I'll be duoing with my friend at 8PM PST so whenever you see us in guild chat just give us a shout, we'll be happy to have you. I also run super tryhard~ premades during the weekends too. The goal atm is to fill the Top 100 with many DGKK as possible, so far we have 4 (2 of alex's, 1 adrenal, 1 me). I should have my archer and priest up there by this weekend (hopefully~).

Adrenalize, Alex is going to hit 60 probably within a few days and when he does can you just run us through on how masterworking works? We're going to probably have our Strikeforce weapon, gloves, boots (most of chest) soon as he hits 60. We're hoping to try out fraywind when we atleast get competitively geared, so you have to teach us how to play FC as well~.

chumbler posted:

Is crafting at all worth doing while leveling, or is it better to just sell the materials on the broker? And on that note, I have no idea what is even going on with pricing on the broker. I listed some lovely level 23 crystals just to see what price is recommended and some of them were worth a couple gold. Has inflation run rampant (which judging by some prices may be the case), are they actually worth that much, or is it just the result of lots of joke listings?

I forgot how much of a pain getting back into an established MMO is.

Soon as you hit 30, you get a corsair daily that just dumps 400 gold onto you. And its repeatable daily. It's pretty retarded how the pacing of the game goes, since when I hit 30 i had 5 silver left over from buying skills.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 14, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Great, TERA refuses to start. Clicking play and nothing is happening, just a "TL.exe" popping up and closing. Quality game.

E: repairing atm etc etc

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 14, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I'll be home in an hour or so if you guys are planning to a MCHM run tonight.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

They posted patch notes for tomorrow:

quote:

Halloween Event: October 17–November 5
Dungeon Instances
Added Banquet of Blood, which contains daily quests for levels 58–60, to the Festival of the Sun.
Harvest Festival Hall reopens this year allowing five entries per day for levels 10 and up.
Halloween Candy
You can get Halloween candy by completing Titiana's Halloween quests and from performing well in the Harvest Festival Hall. Redeem it with Ellonia, the Halloween guide, for a Boneshaker mount, our new Boo pet, and more.
If you have completed the Halloween guide quest from last year, you will not be able to get it again.
Candy can only be redeemed during the event while Ellonia is around.
Halloween Achievements
Added 2013 Halloween achievements.
Cannon Control: Get 5,000 points in the Harvest Festival Hall.
Reward: Loose Cannon title, Halloween Treat Basket x5, Halloween Trick Box x5, Emerald x1
Seasonal Squash: Kill Gourdo 10 times in the Harvest Festival Hall.
Reward: Pumpkin Smasher title
2012 Halloween achievements are no longer achievable.

Achievement System
Added 182 new achievements.
New achievement rewards include pets, mounts, and stat boost effects.
Some achievements have changed categories.
Total achievement points have been recalculated.
You can achieve 100 percent completion without completing the “Special” category.
Added drop-down filters for achievements: achieved, not achieved, title, and reward type.
Changed view detail button to +/- to make it easier to see.
Achievement reward icon now displays the type of reward.
Added progress bars to each category tab in the left column of Achievement UI.
New monsters and objects have been added around the world for the new achievements.
Nine walls of wordcraft, boards you can leave messages on, for climbing achievements
Six puzzling monuments
Nine named monsters for rare-monster-hunting achievements

Class Changes
Attack speed now affects skill-charging speed. Nine class skills are affected by this change.
Berseker: Cyclone, Thunder Strike, Vampiric Blow, Lethal Strike
Archer: Radiant Arrow, Penetrating Arrow
Priest: Mana Charge
Sorcerer: Arcane Pulse, Mana Siphon

Strongboxes Refinements
Locked strongboxes and pocket popo strongboxes no longer drop in the world.
You can still open existing strongboxes, and they work as normal.
These boxes still contain jackpots specified during jackpot weekends.
You can still win Rainbow, the unicorn mount, from the locked strongbox.
Six new strongboxes have been added and drop according to the level ranges of the monsters. They yield items appropriate for their level ranges.
Locked krysteel strongboxes (for levels 1–22)
Locked linsteel strongboxes (for levels 23–34)
Locked norsteel strongboxes (for levels 35–47)
These strongboxes can produce:
XP boosts
Gold hunter boosts
Emerald/sapphire/ruby
Goddess' blessing
Canephora potion
Battle panacea
Divine infusion
Rejuvenation potion
Crystals appropriate for level range
Locked shadsteel strongboxes (levels 48–57) contain the items above, but also can produce:
Extensive alkahest
Spellbinds
Master enigmatic scrolls
Crystalbind and complete crystalbind
Monsters level 58–60 may drop a locked extensive strongbox or a locked spellbound strongbox.
Both strongboxes can produce:
Master enigmatic scroll
Semi-enigmatic scroll
Crystalbind and complete crystalbind
Canephora ption
Battle panacea
Divine infusion
Rejuvenation potion
Level 58–60 crystals
Locked extensive strongbox can also produce varying amounts of extensive alkahest, with a permanent jackpot possibility of 200 extensive alkahests.
Locked spellbound strongbox can also produce varying amounts of spellbinds, with a permanent jackpot possibility of 500 spellbinds.
Rainbow mount and pocket popos are not in any of the new strongboxes.

UI
Applied UI optimizations.
Removed Connection Rate column in Guilds on Server list.
Refined trade broker item preview to automatically dismount characters that are mounted.
Maps now display the recommended levels for each area.

Miscellaneous Changes
Players can now mount on the pegasus platform and automatically dismount when taking a pegasus flight.
Champions' Skyring (Solo)
If someone drops, the system will now automatically replace the missing member.
Elite gift box now has a chance to yield one of four 2013 1-day Halloween accessories.
Alien Mask
Franken Mask
Knife Hat
Bat Wings
Broadcasts for successfully enchanting to T14 +12 return.

Bugs Squashed
Fixed the issue where the Priest skill Ishara's Lullaby can target an airship in Corsairs' Stronghold, cause it to stop movement, and reverse course when players in the airship use the Cast Off skill.
Lancer glyphs are now sorted by level at glyph master.
Corsairs' Stronghold Legate's Scan skill button no longer disappears if Scan skill cooldown expires while Legate is using siege weapon.
Charge skills cast immediately after exiting a Corsairs' Stronghold airship no longer place the player back on the airship pathway.
Limited duration Munchhausen and Gourmando mounts now have grass where the PC sits.
NPC link in quest Embrace Infamy now works correctly.
Heart shades and D&S sunglasses are now filtered correctly in the brokerage.
Legendary Enchanter UI is no longer off screen.
Cultists' Refuge's Rookie buff no longer applies Broken Ball buff from Wonderholme.
Attending Services teleportal link in objective section is fixed.
Fixed the plant harvesting graphic error for castanic male.
Gas mask no longer retains its image after switching accessories.
Vertical shortcut tray on the left now stays vertical after re-entering the game.
Wonderholme (Normal) location name is now labeled correctly.

I'm a sucker for achievements that give rewards like titles and mounts. Halloween stuff looks interesting too, I hope the beach festival event stays, I've been using that to cheese level my berzerker since level 48. Ironically enough, I think the achievement revamp is going to add longer lasting content than WHHM will.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.

quote:

Attack speed now affects skill-charging speed. Nine class skills are affected by this change.
Berseker: Cyclone, Thunder Strike, Vampiric Blow, Lethal Strike

Attack speed buffs affecting zerker charge speed?! :monocle:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
wait achievements giving you stats? does that mean you have to do dumb things for more damage and hp

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I hope not, hopefully it'll be something like +1 rep or +gold picked up.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Attack speed buffs affecting zerker charge speed?! :monocle:

Kind of wondering if this will make Arcane Pulse worth casting for anything other than the crit rate doubler...

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Sooo if I'm clicking the red 'play' button in the launcher and nothing happens, I've hosed up?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Sooo if I'm clicking the red 'play' button in the launcher and nothing happens, I've hosed up?

Same thing is happening to me.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Its still happening? Reinstall from scratch. I once had log in issues that were not resolved by using launcher repair but a reinstall fixed it.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
WanderingKid I've been keeping my eye on the official forum so you don't leak our Corsair Trade Secrets (TM) and found the forum to be pretty hilarious, half the thread are people complaining about CS I mean read this:

quote:

I'm new here but I'm playing for a while, at least to understand the game well.

I like to play in the battleground but after playing a lot of time I realize that is too unfair, only high lvl players can do something there, there's no strategy, there's no cooperation, there's nothing more important than the high lvl characters.

Ok, you get some AWESOME gear, thats ok.
Ok, if you are a low lvl character you will be lvl 60 there.

But, what's the point? only for the gear, I'm lvl 60 but I have lvl40 skills and I do NO DAMAGE in the battelground, at least in Corsair Stronghold (the only available for me now).

Crystals most be unvailable for all characters, and only lvl, gear and skills should be in the battleground (I'm talking in the Corsair Stronghold, not in the pvp battleground).

New players are trash, and useless teammates for the real team, we can't do anything, maybe we can kill someone like us with some lucky, but nothing more.

I'm a skilled player, playing a lot of games like this and is too unfair for the new players, all the top players can enter the Corsair Stronghold with the best crystals in the game, and I have some "crap-crystals" and are just a piece of [filtered].

Will be better if we can't use crystals at least in Corsair Stronghold. Archers hits me like 10k, sometimes 20k, even more than the tanks.

When I'm in the tank I do 1k damage for players, and they hit me 10k or 12k with other tank.
When I'm trying to kill some tank, I do 0 damage, all time other players come to help the tank and I'm not even able to kill 1 simple tank.

The map have A LOT OF BUGS and experimented players use them, bugs like using skills like the archers. They can hit even through the walls or the cielling, that's [filtered] annoying. Why they can hit me if they are in the cielling and I'm under them?

And the most annoying bug is when you are in the "attack-team" you can rush the principal wall (where there are NO STAIRS), they just run into the wall and for magic they can appear behind the principal resurrection spot in the middle ........ they take it with no strategy, no team, only bugs and is a LOST MATCH.

The people are other thing, I'm not complaing for the partys (that actually are too bad, always noobs and idiots in my team), but the bugs are the most annoying thing, specially the "wall bug" to climp the walls without stairs to the resurrection spot.

With no crystals the Corsair Stronghold will be more balance, and doing something with the bugs will be great, it's only one comment from one simple gamer, this is too unbalanced there's no point for new players for play here if Corsair Stronghold is that UNFAIR.

It's like wall of insanity + made up bugs (level 30 tank drivers deal 1k dmg!!!!). I love the whining about crystals cause I'm using lvl 11 crystals on kill whitey with green gear cause I'm too lazy to switch it out till I hit level 58 for cruxes.

Edit: Someone explain to me the difference between strikeforce weapon vs Wonderholm weapon pls

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 15, 2013

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Wassbix posted:

It's like wall of insanity + made up bugs (level 30 tank drivers deal 1k dmg!!!!). I love the whining about crystals cause I'm using lvl 11 crystals on kill whitey with green gear cause I'm too lazy to switch it out till I hit level 58 for cruxes.

I'm actually trying to figure out why sometimes I do 1k damage to people in a tank. I only noticed it on my lancer the other day but a direct hit to someones back would result in 1k damage. My best guess is they were a lancer or something and had a skill running which massively reduced damage.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Apparently the vista achievements award a 0.1% damage increase...which for a 500k crit is 500 damage. Kind of dumb to have stats like that, but at least it's a trivial amount. I'll still probably do it because it's more content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They put the Halloween lingerie outfit directly on to the Elin :stonk:

Guess :20bux: was more important to them in the end.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 16, 2013

• Locked thread