Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

RoboCicero posted:

Does anyone have info on the new ability changing item and how to get it / how it works? I saw someone mention it and I'm super curious though I'm pretty sure I'm still a couple hours away from that point.

It's 200 BP from the Battle Maisson in the postgame. I don't think anyone around here's gotten one yet to know if it's single-use or not or if it can grant hidden abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

pandaK posted:

Thanks for helping me on my quest to create a badass double Mawile. I have sent a flurry of Nice!s towards your way to express my gratitude

No problem! I went through a lot of suffering to get some good Mawiles going on. I think Fairy Wind is an egg move I picked up from breeding with a Spritzee along the way, too. It's useless on Mawile because it's Special and not Physical, but hey, an egg move's an egg move. The Mawile I'm using still has it because it hasn't gotten any better Fairy moves yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

I just spent every cent I have on clothes and it was completely worth it.

I'm decked out in the Military garb, I just wish the Boutique in the main city required less tasks to enter. You have to do the battle eateries, fight the ladies in the alley, visit every café, visit every attraction, get your poodle dressed up, and wear a matching outfit before you can even enter.

But then you can dress up like Sailor Moon or Serious Business Wallstreet type so it's worth it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Bruceski posted:

It's so neat; when people started playing this thread was full of "Wonder Trade is awesome! I throw out starter trash and get cool guys back!" And now it's "c'mon, stop sending me all this starter trash for my cool guys!"

How opinions can change in a single day.

People who send a horde of Pidgeys into the wonder trade machine are the worst people and nothing will convince me otherwise. :colbert:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nerdbot posted:

No problem! I went through a lot of suffering to get some good Mawiles going on. I think Fairy Wind is an egg move I picked up from breeding with a Spritzee along the way, too. It's useless on Mawile because it's Special and not Physical, but hey, an egg move's an egg move. The Mawile I'm using still has it because it hasn't gotten any better Fairy moves yet.

Mawile actually learns Fairy Wind by itself now. Though I'm hoping there's a good physical Fairy-type move and Mawile learns it...

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm not going to start breeding my pokemon until the transfer program is released. I have a feeling that getting the entire dex is going to give you better breeding tools+shiny % raised like last time.

I mean lets not forget that the completed dex in White 2 gave you a shiny Haxoras, egg charm, and shiny charm.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
If anyone here has an Aegislash and hasn't gone to the move relearner to learn King's Shield holy poo poo you are in for a treat :stare:

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
From what I've heard you're meant to get the upgraded Mega Ring from an event starting with you battling your rival at the top of the post game town but I've ran around this loving place forever now and she's just plain not here. I tried changing the system clock to different times and different days as well just to see if the rival only shows up at certain times or something dumb like that but that didn't do anything.
I also don't seem to get the holo caster call from Looker when I enter the big city after the E4 which apparently I'm meant to. Anyone experience this?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

david puddy posted:

If anyone here has an Aegislash and hasn't gone to the move relearner to learn King's Shield holy poo poo you are in for a treat :stare:

What does it do?

SebastianK posted:

From what I've heard you're meant to get the upgraded Mega Ring from an event starting with you battling your rival at the top of the post game town but I've ran around this loving place forever now and she's just plain not here. I tried changing the system clock to different times and different days as well just to see if the rival only shows up at certain times or something dumb like that but that didn't do anything.
I also don't seem to get the holo caster call from Looker when I enter the big city after the E4 which apparently I'm meant to. Anyone experience this?

This reminds me of a question I've had, I heard that you actually battle with your rivals for the right to keep the Mega Ring. What happens if you lose that battle?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

SebastianK posted:

Someone earlier said you have to earn at least 1 BP from the Battle Maisson to start those events. Not sure myself, havn't tried yet.

By the way, for those who are sad because they missed Snorlax: he's back in the postgame if you missed him the first time around.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

pandaK posted:

What does it do?

Its protect that lowers the opponent's attack 1 stage if they attack. Also puts Aegislash in defense forme.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
What level does Inkay evolve at? Also, when they say the 3DS has to be upside down, do we know when exactly it needs to be upside down? Hopefully not the whole battle :ohdear:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

david puddy posted:

I decided against it. My Aegislash pretty much tanked the entire game using the 'Swords Dance 3x/unleash hell" strategy. It's beefy enough in Shield Form to take some punishment while it dances up, then all you need to worry about it pulling it out if you run into a fire type.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I never really noticed the framerate issue when I had 3D on until I was switching between having it on and off when fighting a Goldeen. Man, does it take a hit.

Game is still amazing though, holy poo poo.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

I never really noticed the framerate issue when I had 3D on until I was switching between having it on and off when fighting a Goldeen. Man, does it take a hit.

Game is still amazing though, holy poo poo.

It's so weird--the framerate only seems to tank when I have battles in the grassy daytime setting when leaves blow by. So why didn't they just, turn off the leaf effect :psyduck: It's not like it adds anything.

EDIT: Just thinking about it more, Pokemon is literally the only game that has this problem and while I can understand this game having more memory issues than other 3DS games it still seems kinda weird to me, and not something Nintendo would consider ideal. With how many people are buying a 3DS JUST for this, it certainly doesn't sell the feature as much as it should. Animal Crossing and Kid Icarus look wonderful with the 3D on with no framerate issues.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 14, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

I'm decked out in the Military garb, I just wish the Boutique in the main city required less tasks to enter. You have to do the battle eateries, fight the ladies in the alley, visit every café, visit every attraction, get your poodle dressed up, and wear a matching outfit before you can even enter.

But then you can dress up like Sailor Moon or Serious Business Wallstreet type so it's worth it.

I can confirm you don't have to do half that. I never visited the poodle place OR went into half the cafes. I finished the two star place and fought a few guys in alleys but that is it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I know this is all old news, but I really love my Clawitzer, especially after going to the Move Reminder and putting Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere on it to go with its Water Pulse. The thing is super effective against something like 9-10 types now with its crazy SpAtk stat and its Mega Launcher ability buffing those moves even further.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zore posted:

Its protect that lowers the opponent's attack 1 stage if they attack. Also puts Aegislash in defense forme.

:psyduck: So this thing is going to go straight to Uber right?

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Ugh why did they make Mega Mawile post game. I picked Mawile as my teams token Fairy type and now I've got to play through the game with her terrible normal form.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

pandaK posted:

Probably not, its slow as poo poo in either forme and ghost priority isn't as awesome as Scizor's stuff. Plus the weaknesses to ground, dark, ghost and fire.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

pandaK posted:

It's only if they attack with a contact move, which makes it slightly less ridiculous than that post made it sound. Also being weak to ground is definitely not a good thing.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Zore posted:

Probably not, its slow as poo poo in either forme

This benefits it though. It stays in shield form while the opponent attacks, switches to sword form afterwards for its attack then on the next turn you can use Kings Shield which gets priority and lets you switch back to shield form. Rinse, repeat.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Where can I reliably get my hands on some Heart Scales? I'm gearing up for the E4 and I need to do a bit of move relearning.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

jymbojones posted:

Where can I reliably get my hands on some Heart Scales? I'm gearing up for the E4 and I need to do a bit of move relearning.

Use the old rod to fish for luvdiscs, they usually have them. You can even give something theif so you don't have to capture a million of them too.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

jymbojones posted:

Go use the old rod and go fight Luvdiscs. Catch them (or use Thief, I think that'd work?) and take their heart scales.

e:f,b :argh:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I got a shiny Psyduck! Too bad shiny Golduck sucks :/

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This just happened

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Got wonder traded an Oddish. Immediately went to send it on wonder trade myself and got this message:

"It has learned an HM move. You cannot let it leave your party."

Then how was it wonder traded in the first place? :psyduck:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It was probably in his/her PC. You can Wonder Trade those as well.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

pandaK posted:

Honestly, I think Doublade with an Eviolite might be better for competitive stuff. You're not as predictable and that thing is a loving wall.

Tusen Takk posted:

This just happened

I keep hearing people bringing this up. I really don't see why everyone freaks out over an old meme being used as a throwaway line. They have to fill all the chatter with otherwise uneventful random trainers with something, and it seems to fit with all the psychics going on about auras of powers. :shrug:

Edit: Besides, the games are filled with piles upon piles of references to past gens. "The 40th anniversary is the Ruby anniversary, and the 45th is the Sapphire Anniversary." and so many others. Why not through in a few other lame jokes about other media?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

How do I get into Boutique Couture in Lumiose City? Every time I go in they tell me I'm not beautiful enough. :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Alkydere posted:

Honestly, I think Doublade with an Eviolite might be better for competitive stuff. You're not as predictable and that thing is a loving wall.

I keep hearing people bringing this up. I really don't see why everyone freaks out over an old meme being used as a throwaway line. They have to fill all the chatter with otherwise uneventful random trainers with something, and it seems to fit with all the psychics going on about auras of powers. :shrug:

Edit: Besides, the games are filled with piles upon piles of references to past gens. "The 40th anniversary is the Ruby anniversary, and the 45th is the Sapphire Anniversary." and so many others. Why not through in a few other lame jokes about other media?

You see, when they constantly bring up the Shorts thing it's endearing because that was from Our Childhood, but when it's a modern meme it's stupid because it's from someone else's childhood.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hjalmar posted:

How do I get into Boutique Couture in Lumiose City? Every time I go in they tell me I'm not beautiful enough. :(

just try fighting the guys in the alleyways and doing the battle eateries.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Zore posted:

Probably not, its slow as poo poo in either forme and ghost priority isn't as awesome as Scizor's stuff. Plus the weaknesses to ground, dark, ghost and fire.

Its defenses in defense form are absolutely absurd, though. Mine was only taking 30 damage from a Tyrantrum's non-STAB Earthquake in defense form.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Just go do stuff in town. I did some of the restaurant fights and came back and was able to go in.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zurai posted:

Its defenses in defense form are absolutely absurd, though. Mine was only taking 30 damage from a Tyrantrum's non-STAB Earthquake in defense form.

Storyline pokemon don't have any EVs or IVs remember. And it has crap for coverage, and when in Sword Forme its defenses are like paper.

Its pretty cool, but its not like Scizor or something.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Question: Anyone happen to know what happens if you use Thief or othersuch moves on Mega Pokemon? It'd be really cool to have a way to depower an enemy Mega Pokemon, although it could probably get pretty broken in doubles if you were able to reactivate it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

nerdbot posted:

Question: Anyone happen to know what happens if you use Thief or othersuch moves on Mega Pokemon? It'd be really cool to have a way to depower an enemy Mega Pokemon, although it could probably get pretty broken in doubles if you were able to reactivate it.

The move fails.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I think I asked this too close to the bottom of a page a few pages back (jesus I can't remember the last time I saw a thread move this fast), so I hope I'm not steppin' on anyone's toes re-asking.

Trebuchet King posted:

What do the icons on pokedex pages mean? I hit route 6 and fought a trainer with a venipede; The dex says I can get one on this route but it's got this little gold emblem of what looks like a pikachu trying to go super saiyan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Zore posted:

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Adamant - 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Sacred Sword
Shadow Sneak
Autotomize / King's Shield
King's Shield / Iron Head / Hidden Power Ground

Its absurd typing and hilariously high defenses in shield form will likely mean it takes hits like a champ while it attempts to set up. Third move is a toss-up between taking advantage of the other STAB, having access to the defense form after attempting a sweep, and hitting the fire-types that'll give it the most trouble. I've got a feeling something like this will be A Thing in OU.

• Locked thread