Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Can you still fight the trainers that lead up to a gym leader after you beat the gym leader? I'm dangerously close to a lot of my Pokemon going over level 30 in the second gym and I'm trying to avoid unnecessary fights.

Edit: Apparently not.

The Man From Melmac fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
So what version should I get and what are the differences?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

KATY PERRY posted:

So what version should I get and what are the differences?

The main difference this time around is the version-exclusive Pokemon, and of course those can be traded over from the other version. So in the end it doesn't matter too much.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
How do you know if a wondertraded Pokemon has Pokerus? Do you have to check at the Pokecenter, or is there some indication?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Goddamn Doublade is a good pokemon. If mine had a motto it would be: "she gets things done"

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Hawlucha > Medite > Seviper > Flabebe > Weedle > Hawlucha > Gulpin > Weedle > Flabebe > Fletchling > Spritzee > Azurill.

Good trade.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Amppelix posted:

I'm assuming any pokemon which is shown standing on the ground in its animation will be ineligible for sky battles regardless of typing or ability (So that they don't have to make a second set of animations for it)

The other way around isn't true though, my beedrill isn't eligible.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kidswhoneedjobs posted:

How does skrelp evolve? GameFAQs says knowing camouflage and leveling up at lvl 37 but I just leveled at 42 knowing it and nothing happened? Do I need to hold the DS at 45degrees or something?

edit: never mind serebii says lvl 48 keep on trucking I suppose.

You can catch evolved ones at level 35 with a super rod. I've been farming them for trades they seem to be highly in demand :v:

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013
Clawitzer learns Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse naturally. I love this thing. It's also compatible with Shadow Ball :dance:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Two questions: has anyone found the sword dance TM? My Mawile needs something to baton pass. And where is the Mawile mega evolution stone?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You buy it in the Pokemart of Not-Paris.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Swords Dance is found in the Southern Lumiose City PokéMart, while Mawilite is found in the Post-Game in Shabboneau Castle.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Two questions: has anyone found the sword dance TM? My Mawile needs something to baton pass. And where is the Mawile mega evolution stone?

10000 pok dollars in the Pokemon Center in the south part of not-Paris.

Does anyone with Y know where to find Shellder? I am ditching my starter (Chesnaught) because Greninja is better in almost every way and can one hit kill him with extrasensory. So I'm just going to make his slot a revolving door of Dragalge, Clawitzer, Goomy and Cloyster. Sorry Bowser.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Added to the OP:

quote:

How do I evolve Eevee into Sylveon?

Eevee evolves into Sylveon upon levelling up provided two conditions are met: 1) it knows at least one Fairy-type move, 2) each of its Pokémon-Amie attributes has been raised to the maximum.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Hammerite posted:

Added to the OP:

I thought you don't have to max Affection for it to evolve?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

horriblePencilist posted:

I thought you don't have to max Affection for it to evolve?

I don't know. I haven't even been playing Pokémon-Amie so I don't know how it works. How should that answer be changed?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The Lumiose City boutique keeps kicking me out for my "lack of style". loving elitists. :argh:

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Hammerite posted:

I don't know. I haven't even been playing Pokémon-Amie so I don't know how it works. How should that answer be changed?

Apparently it just needs one heart in affection and a fairy type move.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ijyt posted:

The Lumiose City boutique keeps kicking me out for my "lack of style". loving elitists. :argh:

Style? HAH! Those philistines wouldn't know style if I gave them a free makeover!

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013
Clawitzer also gets Aura Sphere *-*

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Is Larvesta obtainable in-game outside of trading with someone?

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
Is there anything stopping me from giving my starter Pokemon to a friend, then making a new game, and taking it back? Eventually getting all the starters at the beginning of the game?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just noticed the Sentret I've been trying to breed with my Mawile WAS female after all. gently caress me.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Wizard Whateley posted:

Is there anything stopping me from giving my starter Pokemon to a friend, then making a new game, and taking it back? Eventually getting all the starters at the beginning of the game?

No, but you could just trade for them with strangers on the internet, which is easier than it sounds. For example by breeding your own starter.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Huh. Just got a new move from a girl in Coumarine City.

TM100: Confide.

Normal. 20PP

"The user tells the target a secret, and the target loses it's ability to concentrate. This lowers the target's Sp. Atk stat."

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

*Enemy Clawitzer used Double Team.*

*Enemy Clawitzer used Double Team.*

*Enemy Clawitzer used Muddy Water.*

Klinklang's Accuarcy fell!

God, gently caress you Battle Maison! :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You can catch evolved ones at level 35 with a super rod. I've been farming them for trades they seem to be highly in demand :v:

Where are you fishing for them?

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I haven't had this much fun playing pokemon in forever. I just beat the 3rd gymleader and got a move called 'power up punch'. I pop it open to see who all on my team can learn it. Apparently not only can everyone on my team learn it, 3 of them are fighting types. So I taught it to 4 pokemon.

The 4th one being Mawile :getin:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TalonDemonKing posted:

I haven't had this much fun playing pokemon in forever. I just beat the 3rd gymleader and got a move called 'power up punch'. I pop it open to see who all on my team can learn it. Apparently not only can everyone on my team learn it, 3 of them are fighting types. So I taught it to 4 pokemon.

The 4th one being Mawile :getin:

Wait, this may be because I only remember DP/BW as fever dreams, but are TM's reusable like HM's? Are HM's able to be overwritten?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ijyt posted:

Wait, this may be because I only remember DP/BW as fever dreams, but are TM's reusable like HM's? Are HM's able to be overwritten?

TMs used to not be reusable, but they became reusable either in DP or BW, can't recall. HMs still can't be forgotten except by special means (a special NPC), though.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Holy poo poo everyone use Hawlucha in Pokemon Amie now

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ijyt posted:

Yep TM's are reuseable. That was another major quality of life improvement that B/W did.

[e] Again, you rival in this game is the goddamn worst. Lady you seriously only have 4 Pokemon at the 6th gym.

[e2] Of loving course you would have a Flareon.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

DrManiac posted:

[e] Again, you rival in this game is the goddamn worst. Lady you seriously only have 4 Pokemon at the 6th gym.

Yeah, what the poo poo. I remember the RSE rival being a total pain in the rear end, especially just before Wattson's gym.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
How rare are goddamn Eevees? I've been trying to encounter one on Route 10 for an hour now and haven't even seen one. Tried both flowers and grass.

C-BOX
Feb 7, 2010

by Debbie Metallica

This is the only reason I bought this game tbh.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

Does anyone have info on the new ability changing item and how to get it / how it works? I saw someone mention it and I'm super curious though I'm pretty sure I'm still a couple hours away from that point.

According to GameFAQs it's a one-use item that changes a Pokemon's ability between the two normal abilities (so no hidden abilities). Costs 200BP, not sure if you can buy multiples but I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

C-BOX posted:

This is the only reason I bought this game tbh.

No Eddie Guerrero? Sad...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Does Florges learn any moves by level up or are Stone Evolutions still stupid and I should wait till like level 50 to evolve my floette?

Rudoku posted:

No Eddie Guerrero? Sad...

No Rey Mysterio?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Does Florges learn any moves by level up or are Stone Evolutions still stupid and I should wait till like level 50 to evolve my floette?

I think someone said Florette doesn't learn Moonbeam until level 58.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

horriblePencilist posted:

Holy poo poo everyone use Hawlucha in Pokemon Amie now

That is amazing

I would totally use Hawlucha but the fact that he doesn't evolve kind of puts me off.

• Locked thread