Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deftest
May 7, 2011
anybody successfully breed their honedge? I have a female and no idea what I can breed it with... Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Who got a Goomy? I got a Goomy! Go Goomy go!

Yep, Goomy is as awesome as I thought she would be.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Nakar posted:

Working on my Elite Four planning. The types represented are Fire, Water, Steel, and Dragon, and I'm not 100% on who to bring. Vivillon really ought to have a spot, and could do okay against Water-types with Energy Ball. Blaziken obviously is coming because he owns and is a Mega-capable evolver. I'd use Yveltal but he doesn't seem very good other than the usual legendary BST. My starter, Greninja, can spam accuracy/evasion moves to basically cheap his way through any fight, but his movepool is kind of weird and a bit assy and he seems like a much more awkward mixed attacker than Infernape was. And then there's Gengar, who hits 9 types super-effectively, all types neutrally, can't be trapped, immune to Normal/Fighting/Ground, Thunderbolt access, and has a Fairy-type move because what the hell. So I got Poison/Fairy/Ghost/Electric covered.

I think Greninja really wants to be a special attacker: its SpA is higher than its Atk and its special movepool is generally a little better too. I know its signature move is physical, but something with that much Speed doesn't need priority. Teach it Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, and then you have a few interesting options for the last moveslot depending on what TMs you have available and what you want to do: Extrasensory, Taunt, Substitute, Grass Knot...

quote:

Mostly I'm concerned about the amount of Rock and Ice available to my team*. I also have, and have had all game, exactly gently caress-all in terms of pokemon capable of using Ground attacks. Grabbing a Gible and raising up a Garchomp seems like an option there, and then I could use his Mega form in postgame for hilarity. But some Ice is also something I think I need, and I don't know what to use. Lapras is too slow, most other types are too fragile, Abomasnow can go Mega which is nice but he causes Hail and that's awkward and he's also fragile as all poo poo. Something else with Ice Beam maybe.

Anybody got suggestions?

* Someone is now going to jokingly suggest the Rock/Ice fossil pokemon, but I'm not convinced that thing won't just die when breathed on funny.

I guess there's always good old Mamoswine. It actually has slightly worse bulk statwise than Aurorus, but less utterly depressing defensive typing.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Where do you go to change your hair? I just beat the 4th gym leader and I still haven't found any place to do it.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

McDragon posted:

You can buy Premier Balls now! :woop:

When/how does this happen? I just love balls. I'd play with them balls all day long.

Katsuya
Aug 15, 2013

Bass Bottles posted:

Where do you go to change your hair? I just beat the 4th gym leader and I still haven't found any place to do it.

There was a place in Lumiose City. It's ridiculously expensive though and you can't preview it until it's done.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Feranon posted:

When/how does this happen? I just love balls. I'd play with them balls all day long.
There's a shop in Not Paris that sells them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed to get a Gabite from Wonder Trading, bred up a few Gibles, traded one on the GTS for a Cubone, then got my friend to let me borrow a Japanese Ditto he got on Wonder Trade to breed up a bunch. Wonder if I can get a second Ditto without having to trade and arm and a leg.

Next I'm gonna breed some Bulbasaur for fun and profit on the GTS and Wonder Trading with the Cubones. I don't even have the second badge, dicking around with Pokemon is too much fun! This game is AWESOME. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get my hardcore max-Attack Marowak from Heart Gold into this one to use as breeding stock...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I have a Noibat egg if you'd like that. (I dunno if you can trade eggs though)

My FC is 1375-7670-7480

I don't think you can, but thanks anyway.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kikas posted:

There was one dude who claimed it passed down 4 out of 5 times, but we need some more proof.

Give me a second to get my Vita and PC talking and I'll post a pic of Sonic Boom, the level 1 female Speed Boost Torchic I bred up last night.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Katsuya posted:

There was a place in Lumiose City. It's ridiculously expensive though and you can't preview it until it's done.

Nothing is stopping you from saving, trying haircuts out then resetting and getting the one you want.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Started a wonder trade chain while doing some homework this morning. Started with a German Bunnelby, about 15 trades later, I end up with a Japanese Fennekin.

Best feature.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Katsuya posted:

I can't find it. I found a place specifically for some poodle pokemon but not for humans.

The camera angles in Fake Paris make it a huge pain to navigate, oh my god.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Gaseous Snake posted:

I hate GTS because it'll have Dittos that ask for things I can easily trade and have them already be taken. If they'e taken, take them off the listing!!! :argh:

This has happened to me quite a bit. :( I don't want to wait for the end-game to start breeding my dudes easily. I was all set to get one that just popped up that wanted a Smeargle in return, but boom taken. Gotta keep at it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

When do Dittos and the day care become available?

Also, this game has some crazy diverse Poke distributions. It seems like every route has 6 or 7 guys that don't show up anywhere else.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So Litwik now can have Infiltrator.

They better not have removed Shadow Tag! :argh:

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

horchata posted:

definitely disappointing, I was hoping I'd be able to buy a trenchoat or suit but it's just gaudy clothes for really expensive prices.

On another note, does anyone know how to get into the sushi restaurant in notparis?

That's the one where they say you have to be on par with the champion, right? I'd guess beat the Elite Four.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bass Bottles posted:

I can't find it. I found a place specifically for some poodle pokemon but not for humans.

The camera angles in Fake Paris make it a huge pain to navigate, oh my god.

It's somewhere near the cafe you meet the actress lady in. I found it the first time I went through Not Paris.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Zurai posted:

Give me a second to get my Vita and PC talking and I'll post a pic of Sonic Boom, the level 1 female Speed Boost Torchic I bred up last night.

Hopefully that's proof enough?

Zurai fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 14, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Holy poo poo, when Golurk uses fly he body slams the enemy on impact :lol:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Found Slugma and a Graveller by smashing rocks in the red rock area. Wonder what else you can find.

Dastardly fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 14, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Okay at this point it's getting kinda silly how many fast physical sweepers I have.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Coumarines theme is pretty awesome and keeps reminding me of Twoson's theme from Earthbound.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Maybe I'll have better luck in here...Would any kind soul be willing to trade me a female Noibat? Level, nature, etc. doesn't matter. I just want my little bat buddy before the 7th freaking gym...

I only just got to Lumiose, so I don't have a lot to offer.

Friend code is: 3007-8093-8361.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

horchata posted:

definitely disappointing, I was hoping I'd be able to buy a trenchoat or suit but it's just gaudy clothes for really expensive prices.

On another note, does anyone know how to get into the sushi restaurant in notparis?

Good news, I totally just bought a trench coat! It was 300k :negative:

And it was a women's model, don't know if they have one for men too.

I think they have some pretty cool clothes, like a vest with a tie.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is Noivern just stupidly rare or what? I've been trying to find one for ages. I thought to just trade something for it over GTS but neither it nor its evolution are even listed as options. Do I have to have seen it before it shows up?

edit: hahah I just ran into a Zweilous, I didn't even know they were in the game
I found and caught the unevolved form in Terminus Cave. It was rare though.

Zurai posted:

That's because he's not a mixed attacker. He's a special attacker. Mine was able to one shot just about everything my Aegislash couldn't in the E4/Champion's lineup with Surf, Extrasensory, or Ice Beam.
I couldn't really find much that was good, but now that I have late-game TMs I'll see what he can do. Mostly he was just using Surf/Extrasensory with Double Team and Smokescreen, but I can probably ditch Smokescreen. Where is the Dark Pulse TM?

Thuryl posted:

I guess there's always good old Mamoswine. It actually has slightly worse bulk statwise than Aurorus, but less utterly depressing defensive typing.
I love me some Mamoswine, I do (easily my favorite Ice type), but I'm not sure I want to juggle breeding and stuff to teach a Piloswine Ancient Power, and I don't recall whether Mamoswine naturally learns good Ground attacks. I don't know where the Earthquake/Earth Power TMs are, so that's a potential issue.

Something else that just happens to have Ice Beam would probably also be fine. What does Aurorus focus on anyway, physical or special attacking? I didn't raise it enough to see how its stats diverge.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

Maybe I'll have better luck in here...Would any kind soul be willing to trade me a female Noibat? Level, nature, etc. doesn't matter. I just want my little bat buddy before the 7th freaking gym...

I only just got to Lumiose, so I don't have a lot to offer.

Friend code is: 3007-8093-8361.

Is the gender important? I have a Noibat egg so I'm not sure on the gender, but I could give it to you once it hatches if you like.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just spent 2000 to dye my hair brown. Why is everything in this game so gosh darn expensive?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I just spent 2000 to dye my hair brown. Why is everything in this game so gosh darn expensive?

You get the amulet coin and a group of refightable trainers right after the hair salon is available.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

horriblePencilist posted:

I decided to reset all my EVs my main posse and train everything with laser-like focus. This is gonna take a while. I like how I've spent a large chunk of the game standing on the same spot.

You can reset EVs?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I beat gym 7 last night, but now I don't remember where I was told I needed to go.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I would also wish to borrow someone's female Noibat for one of my own in the midgame, though I've never really dabbled in breeding.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Solvency posted:

You can reset EVs?

Yes. There are berries that decrease EVs in a stat, and sometimes you get a Reset Bag for super training that just resets them all to 0.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Nakar posted:

Something else that just happens to have Ice Beam would probably also be fine. What does Aurorus focus on anyway, physical or special attacking? I didn't raise it enough to see how its stats diverge.

Aurorus definitely leans more toward special attacks, with an estimated 120 base SpA. Estimated base Speed is 70, so it should outspeed most things ingame if you EV it for speed and level it up a bit. On the defensive side it has good HP and SpD but low Def, so it'll probably be able to take neutral special hits okay, at least.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Solvency posted:

You can reset EVs?

You can randomly find Reset Bags while Core Training. They'll remove all existing EV for a Pokemon.

What would be a good EV build for a Calm Gardevoir?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I love this quiz gym, it makes me pick the wrong answers to get the most exp out of it.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Yay, got wonder traded a sap sipper female goomy! It's nature lowers speed for attack, is that bad for it?

vvvvvvvvvvvv
Thanks, maybe I'll just breed more and pass them along. :3:

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 14, 2013

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So far Goodra can learn Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Muddy Water, Blizzard, and possibly Ice Beam. Type coverage and :3:!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is Noivern just stupidly rare or what? I've been trying to find one for ages. I thought to just trade something for it over GTS but neither it nor its evolution are even listed as options. Do I have to have seen it before it shows up?

edit: hahah I just ran into a Zweilous, I didn't even know they were in the game

Zweilous? Where at I have been scouring PokeEarth to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Yay, got wonder traded a sap sipper female goomy! It's nature lowers speed for attack, is that bad for it?

It's not the best, since Goodra normally wants to be a special attacker and has decent enough Speed that you don't want to lose 10% of it. Still usable, though -- a 10% stat difference hardly matters ingame anyway.

• Locked thread