Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Countblanc posted:

Literally hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people are playing this game right now, encountering hundreds of pokemon each in the first few days. I think it's pretty likely that there'd be a good number of shinies showing up.

I don't know, it seems like every other goon on this thread alone has found a shiny, some of which – including me – encountered their very first shiny in all of Pokemon. It does seem like the rate is higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey Canada dudes, do you guys get the Polar pattern? I just wonder traded my lovely Caterpie for a Scatterbug with a German name (I think? It says GER at the top corner of the summary screen) from Canada.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Man, Yveltal kinda sucks. I made him my Fly bitch for lack of anything else good that he can learn. Oblivion Wing is awesome, but even with Dark Aura it doesn't seem like Dark Pulse does very good damage and Dark/Flying is just an extremely awkward type combo that I haven't found any good fit for on my team. I hate to ditch a legendary and all but he just doesn't seem all that good.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Nakar posted:

Man, Yveltal kinda sucks. I made him my Fly bitch for lack of anything else good that he can learn. Oblivion Wing is awesome, but even with Dark Aura it doesn't seem like Dark Pulse does very good damage and Dark/Flying is just an extremely awkward type combo that I haven't found any good fit for on my team. I hate to ditch a legendary and all but he just doesn't seem all that good.

Is it possibly due to not being EV trained, and being compared to the others who are?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Fully EV-trained my first Pokemon! Go Vivillon!

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007
Is there any good pokemon with sleep early in the game? I'm looking for something to help with catching stuff. It would be ideal if it could learn false swipe too. I've been using Snorlax at the moment but hes gotten a bit too strong for it. I just got the third badge for a reference point in the game.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Talmonis posted:

Is it possibly due to not being EV trained, and being compared to the others who are?
His stats are great, it's just he has a very limited movepool, and most of his good stuff is Special but most of the TMs I seem to be able to teach him are Physical. He can't get any of the Beams or the other elemental moves, he's mostly restricted to Dark and Flying moves, his signature move is really the only Flying he'll ever need, and I don't know that there's anything better than Dark Pulse for him to learn to take advantage of STAB and Dark Aura.

He's just not versatile at all.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Donald Duck posted:

Is there any good pokemon with sleep early in the game? I'm looking for something to help with catching stuff. It would be ideal if it could learn false swipe too. I've been using Snorlax at the moment but hes gotten a bit too strong for it. I just got the third badge for a reference point in the game.

Bulbasaur, if you chose that as your Kanto starter.

e: or breed and trade for one

e2: Vivillion learns sleep powder too, I think

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm really digging the UI improvements and shortcuts so far. For example I just realized you can use a restorative item on a pokemon directly from the Pokemon screen instead of having to go to the Item menu. Also could you switch your party order via drag and drop in Black/White or is that new in this game?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what's the deal with the ghost lady in Lumoise city? I ran into her on the 2f of some building and she said I was not the one then vanished. I saw her again in a hotel and she complained about not being able to hear the elevator. Am I supposed to do anything or is it just random flavor?

Also where can I find mega stones for Gardevoir and Mawlie?

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

What kind of nature am I aiming for with Klefki?

Only thing you should be aiming for with Klefki is the trash :colbert:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The nature stat changes are confusing me. Is red the boosted stat or blue the boosted stat?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sockser posted:

Butterfree learns it too.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

ijyt posted:

The nature stat changes are confusing me. Is red the boosted stat or blue the boosted stat?

Red is boosted, blue is lowered.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Internet Kraken posted:

Mawile has been mentioned a few times, but I can't remember. I think it's at either the castle or the manor postgame (somebody will probably quickly say which).

Gardevoir's is on a Ralts you can trade for post-game. I don't know where the person is, but they'll trade literally any Pokemon for it.

e: Mawile is Shabboneau Castle
Gardevoir you trade with Diantha in one of the cafes in South Not-Paris.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 14, 2013

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

What does tipping at Le Nah in Lumiose City do? I've been going there as it's a good place to train up and I've been leaving a tip there, but it hasn't done anything yet and was wondering if or when something was supposed to happen.

Sorry to quote myself, I'm just really curious about this

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Where do you get those EV-removing berries?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh my god. For some reason I thought Ralts evolved from happiness. I've been banging my head wondering why Lucario and Marill left it behind and... Ugh.

It's meta commentary. Why should it do anything.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Internet Kraken posted:

Prankster will gently caress you up big time. :unsmigghh:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Donald Duck posted:

I think theres a Nincada and Zangoose somewhere. Actually if anyone has either of those, or Karrablast or Axew, as those 4 all get false swipe, pm me I'd like to trade. Although all I've got thats really worthwhile is a female Pikachu.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Sprite141 posted:

Route 7, soonish after poke-paris.

Also does skating work with eggs, or should I be running? And does flame body affect all my eggs, or only the ones it is next to?

Skating works, biking works better. Flame body affects all the eggs in your party.
Right in front of the day care is a great straight road to use for hatching eggs. I'd like to think it was intentionally placed that way.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Internet Kraken posted:

So what's the deal with the ghost lady in Lumoise city? I ran into her on the 2f of some building and she said I was not the one then vanished. I saw her again in a hotel and she complained about not being able to hear the elevator. Am I supposed to do anything or is it just random flavor?

Fairy/Steel with Prankster is already top loving tier. Please get good, nerd.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

horriblePencilist posted:

Where do you get those EV-removing berries?

I think you can get them by making hybrid berries in the garden near the daycare. I think it works by planting two different berries next to each other.

Also holy crap there are waaaay too many pokemon. My OCD to catch them all is kicking in way too hard and I'm spending hours in each area making sure I caught all the pokemon there before moving on. I'm gona have to relax on catching everything since it's making the game a bit of a slog.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure if anyone knows what tipping does yet. Some people seem to think it increases the chance of finding shiny Pokemon but I don't think that's been confirmed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
"Oh hey pal here is a free Lucario followed up by a free Lapras"

:stare:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Bargain power doesn't work in clothing stores :( Apparently there's a discount coupon out there somewhere.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Macaluso posted:

"Oh hey pal here is a free Lucario followed up by a free Lapras"

:stare:
Make Lapras your surf slave if you want to see something amazing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What's a good EV build for Pancham/Pangoro?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Fairy/Steel with Prankster is already top loving tier. Please get good, nerd.

I don't care what tier it is, I refuse to acknowledge a pair of keys as being worthy of anything other than being shoved into the PC and forgotten about.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Klefki owns

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Has anyone found Druddigonite?

I so want my Druddigon to be mega awesome.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

When will I get a thunderstone and when is it best to evolve Pikachu? Right after learning Thunder Bolt?

Same question for Kadabra/Allakhazam!

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
So I'm starting on Victory Road and I have an open slot on my squad.

Right now I'm running:

Greninja
Tyrantrum
Gardevoir
Charizard (Mega X)
Aegislash

I was planning on running Abomasnow because Ice is good and she can Mega, but holy gently caress she's fragile and kind of poo poo. Any suggestions? My gaping holes attack wise are Ice, Fighting, and I guess Grass (but I don't really give a poo poo about grass moves tbh).

In a similar vein, where can I get my hands on the TMs for Ice Beam and Earthquake? My Ice hole can easily be filled by giving my Greninja Ice Beam (he's got a +SpA nature, so I can just dump Water Shiruken).

I can probably push on with just those 5, but I like using cool monsters so tell me a cool monster to use that isn't superfluous!

Also I love this game and this thread and all you goony bastards.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Sockser posted:

do you know what level Vivillon gets sleep powder? catching abra is really starting to piss me off and infestation is a 1hit KO

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

khysanth posted:

Same question for Kadabra/Allakhazam!

Evolve Kadabra as soon as possible. Alakazam's level up movelist is exactly the same as Kadabra's. I think this goes for all trade evolutions.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Yo the dearth of Mega Stones pre-post-game is unbelievable

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So apparently Greninja learns a nice mixture of physical and special moves. Special seems the way to go for surf, darkpulse and extrasensory, but physical might be nice for night slash and acrobatics.
So yeah maybe a mixed attacker is right for me. Funnily enough I have both an adamant and modest froakie now, but no neutral nature one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So anyone know what the odds are on getting Old Amber through rock smashing boulders?

Because gently caress this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

horriblePencilist posted:

What's a good EV build for Pancham/Pangoro?

Probably 252 Attack, and then either 252 HP or pick a defense you want to specialize in and pump that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't care what tier it is, I refuse to acknowledge a pair of keys as being worthy of anything other than being shoved into the PC and forgotten about.

Beating up children's pets with a set of car keys is the best thing ever how can you not understand this.

treeboy posted:

do you know what level Vivillon gets sleep powder? catching abra is really starting to piss me off and infestation is a 1hit KO

Just waste a quick ball. Some things ain't worth the frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I thought that shiny Marill in Emerald was the only shiny I would ever find in the wild, but lo and behold:

I just now arrived to Ambrette Town, though. I am an absurdly slow gamer.

• Locked thread