Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

kater posted:

Beating up children's pets with a set of car keys is the best thing ever how can you not understand this.

Just waste a quick ball. Some things ain't worth the frustration.

i haven't gotten to a PokeCenter that has anything other than Poke/Great balls. I've got an ultra that i'm going to try next time i see one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Seriously the Mega Evolutions that I want to use are not the ones I can get before the end. I'm really glad I spoiled myself on that, actually.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

So anyone know what the odds are on getting Old Amber through rock smashing boulders?

Because gently caress this.

No clue, but I got two on my first trip in. :getin:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

So anyone know what the odds are on getting Old Amber through rock smashing boulders?

Because gently caress this.

I've smashed 1 boulder and it dropped amber so I guess 100%?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Will the mega evolution run out during the battle if it takes long enough or something? Because I just got the Lucario with a mega stone and mega evolving + power-up punch is just destroying everything :psyduck: It seems ridiculously overpowered

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

So i bought the Venusaurite sold by the guy in Lumiose's Stone Shop.(cost 300,000 for me. What affects the price anyway?)

He's now offering the Charizardite X. So you can get all 3 of them in one game.

Sorry if this is old info but didn't see it anywhere.

Xeiros
Oct 4, 2013

by Smythe
From my limited use with it so far it appears to have a higher chance than say Ice beam or most any other ice move, but I've not used it anywhere near enough to even start throwing out even the vaguest of guesses. I could see it being similar to scald with a 30% chance, but I just wish the game would tell you straight up.

Is there any way to confirm in game what the % chance a secondary effect has of occurring?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Anyone know if you can breed rock blast onto Heracross to abuse with skill link? Move relearner can give it bullet seed and hammer arm, though hammer arm is only 15 BP and it picks up pin missile in its late 20s or 30s.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

khysanth posted:

When will I get a thunderstone and when is it best to evolve Pikachu? Right after learning Thunder Bolt?

Same question for Kadabra/Allakhazam!

I got one before the Glittering cave. Not sure about whens best to evolve him, trying to figure that out myself. Although I have a Lightball for my guy currently so its not as urgent.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Macaluso posted:

Will the mega evolution run out during the battle if it takes long enough or something? Because I just got the Lucario with a mega stone and mega evolving + power-up punch is just destroying everything :psyduck: It seems ridiculously overpowered

No Mega-Lucario really is that good, especially because of the ability he gets. You can basically use only Lucario for the rest of the game after you get him, save for a few pokes where it's easier to switch to something else with better coverage (:argh: ghost types!)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Cyflan posted:

So i bought the Venusaurite sold by the guy in Lumiose's Stone Shop.(cost 300,000 for me. What affects the price anyway?)

He's now offering the Charizardite X. So you can get all 3 of them in one game.

Sorry if this is old info but didn't see it anywhere.

Yessss!!!! :getin:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Cyflan posted:

Earlier someone was claiming that the price goes down to 150,000 if you own fully evolved forms of all 3 Kanto starters. He's selling for 500,000 right now and I have Charizard. So I guess if you have 2 of the starters evolved that would be it?

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I just now arrived to Ambrette Town, though. I am an absurdly slow gamer.

I have something like 12 hours game time and haven't progressed past Ambrette Town yet. I've been trying to catch as many as possible and Route 8 especially was just chock full of pokes I had to stop and catch. And now I think I want to run back and find a Compoundeyes Scatterbug because 90+% accurate Hurricane and Sleep Power sounds monstrous.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Has anyone figured out a way to get into the special boutique? Some people are saying that you need to do a bunch of activities in the city first, and it has nothing to do with you clothes.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
poo poo my Vivillon has Shield Dust. Everything's going Pete Tong for me today.

Actually I was breeding Froakies and got a female Hasty one which I'm OK with. Did you know Frogadier breeds with Inkay??

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Where are you fishing for them?

Route 8 or outside the town where you first get an old rod

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man Lumoise city has so much stuff in it. It's the first Pokemon city that actually really feels like a real one.

...well, a real one if random people hanged out in allies dumping philosophical questions on you before trying to fight you.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Has anyone seen any of the IV breeding items like the power anklet in this game? If so, where do I get one?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Does Skrelp have a naturally low speed? It seems every one I find on Route 8 doesn't have much more than 20.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Has anyone managed to find a Scyther or Munchlax/Snorlax anywhere yet?
I'm really hoping I can find them before the post-game without needing to trade or Pokebank them over when that gets up and running.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

horriblePencilist posted:

Where do you get those EV-removing berries?

Plant an Oran berry and a Pecha berry at the same time, next to each other, in the berry garden. The trees that grow may have Qualot Berries on them. This might be a random thing, and it might be related to how well you take care of the trees. Don't know how to get the other 5 yet, but you can probably do it a similar way.

Added to the OP:

quote:

There are reports of a software bug in XY that may cause the saved game to become unloadable if you save whilst outside in Lumiose City (the Paris stand-in). Details of this are not available right now. You should try to always save the game somewhere else, as a precaution. It is possible that the problem will be patched at some point.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

the_steve posted:

I'm really hoping I can find them before the post-game without needing to trade or Pokebank them over when that gets up and running.

Snorlax is a story encounter at level 15 really early on

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

GameFAQs has been an unfortunately strong source of Pokemon information for me due to the search function it has and I hate it. But I did gleam something worth noting: There's been reports of a gamebreaking glitch when you save outdoors in Lumiose's streets. Apparently none of the level geometry loads and you can't move anywhere. It's not inescapable, you can Fly or use the PSS to trade for a Pokemon with Fly if it happens, and I've only seen 2 people bring this up. It might just be GameFAQs bullshit. But I guess it's worth noting just in case. Lumiose is completely janky and awful enough for me to believe it.

EDIT: Oh, I guess I'm late to the punch.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

the_steve posted:

Snorlax is a mandatory encounter very early on in the game.

e: :negative:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Has it been confirmed if you can take off your hat? Nothing I tried works.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kirlia has the best idle animation :allears:

Also I'm loving all the new pokemon designs so far. Tyruny, Pancham, the flower fairy's evolution (does it evolve again), etc. etc.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kirlia has the best idle animation :allears:

It looks like it badly needs to go to the toilet.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Dracula Factory posted:

Has anyone figured out a way to get into the special boutique? Some people are saying that you need to do a bunch of activities in the city first, and it has nothing to do with you clothes.

Clothes don't matter. I got in by:

Visiting the Museum
Visiting Luminose Press and talking to Alexa
Visiting the Restaurants and doing all of the dining options (Le Nah: double, Le Yeah: triple, rotation)
Visiting the Hotel and doing the three part time jobs

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Once in Pokemon-amie my Kirlia decided to be a jerk and use teleport. It literally kicked me out of the app into the main game.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

nerdbot posted:

Lumiose is completely janky and awful

This was my first reaction too, but after I spent like half an hour exploring (I know, I know) I came to love it. If you're having trouble, take the taxi to Lumiose Press and talk to an NPC in there, they'll give you a complete city guide and even take you to the places for free. You should actually do this anyways because I'm pretty sure it's one of the things you need to do to get into the boutique.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Partial Octopus posted:

Has anyone seen any of the IV breeding items like the power anklet in this game? If so, where do I get one?

The Battle Mansion (or whatever it's called) has them for 16 BP each in the post-game. I didn't see any as freebies during story.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

For some reason I really like the music in the little tunnels between zones. Not sure that it's my favorite, but it's relaxing and nice for super training. Also, super training is really awesome in that it prevents you from getting more than 252 in a stat, you don't need to worry about wasting that 1 point.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Just how rare are Reset bags? I've only found one and that was right after I fought Snorlax. I've been keeping the training window open at the bottom but haven't found one since and I just beat the 4th gym.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dracula Factory posted:

Do activities, yes. Get a haircut, make a movie, try fighting the restaurant battles, tour the whole museum, do jobs at the hotel, etc.

I got in with only the first rank of the restaurant cleared with a star. Outfit doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Internet Kraken posted:

Man Lumoise city has so much stuff in it. It's the first Pokemon city that actually really feels like a real one.

...well, a real one if random people hanged out in allies dumping philosophical questions on you before trying to fight you.
That's pretty much 100% accurate to RL Paris.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A horde of Psyduck is the best thing.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
My friends are a bunch of assholes that fight me on routes then leave without healing me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So I'm kind of curious what teams people are going with? I don't play competitively or anything but right now I've got:

Chesnaught
Sylveon
Dragalge
Noivern
Malamar
Doublade

Weirdly enough the starters are probably my least favourite Pokemon this generation, I might ditch Chesnaught for something that can use Mega Evolution.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 14, 2013

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Just how rare are Reset bags? I've only found one and that was right after I fought Snorlax. I've been keeping the training window open at the bottom but haven't found one since and I just beat the 4th gym.

They're fairly rare but if you keep tapping on the default bag it will spawn new ones pretty quickly as long as you have room in your bag inventory.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wait hold on did they change how weather abilities work? Cause I had a Sand Stream-induced sandstorm dissipate once the Hippopotas was defeated :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Super Jay Mann posted:

Wait hold on did they change how weather abilities work? Cause I had a Sand Stream-induced sandstorm dissipate once the Hippopotas was defeated :stare:

they only last 5 turns now

• Locked thread