Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zamo
May 3, 2009
Fuuuuuuck

My save file just got corrupted. I had just reached route 14 and caught a Goomy when I tried to save and it told me that the save had been corrupted and restarted. Whenever I start the game now it tells me that I have to refer to the manual which tells me to delete my save data. Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to have to start all over again and lose the 17 hours I've put into my save.

I have the digital copy of X if that makes any difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Alkydere posted:

So, has anyone figured out a good way to get heart scales for the Move Tutor yet?
There's a spot with tons of Luvdiscs, which I believe carry Heart Scales. There's two Grass/Ghost pokemon with Frisk that can learn Thief. Solve for farming.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tusen Takk posted:

This was exactly as simplified as I needed, cheers mate :3

Glad to hear it. When there's a question that straightforward it's easy to think "is he asking what I think he's asking"?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alkydere posted:

So, has anyone figured out a good way to get heart scales for the Move Tutor yet?

Old Rod and catch a ton of Luvdiscs.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Old Rod and catch a ton of Luvdiscs.

Stealing from them should work I believe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhonne posted:

Anyone know where to get a Dawn stone? I want to level a Gallade but I haven't found the stone yet.

The soccer minigame, once you max a guy's EVs and have cleared every match twelve more open up. One's against a Gallade balloon and has a chance of giving a dawnstone.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, Golett; Pretty awesome at taking names and kicking rear end, not so good at conveying if you're petting it right in Poke-Amie.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Edit:

He goes from Poison/Water to Poison Dragon.

I keep finding them using the dowsing rods in the beach by where BikiniBabe gave em to me.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zamo posted:

Fuuuuuuck

My save file just got corrupted. I had just reached route 14 and caught a Goomy when I tried to save and it told me that the save had been corrupted and restarted. Whenever I start the game now it tells me that I have to refer to the manual which tells me to delete my save data. Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to have to start all over again and lose the 17 hours I've put into my save.

I have the digital copy of X if that makes any difference.

Report it to Nintendo. Serebii just put something out about it.

I forget who, but last night someone was wanting a Paras. By chance one of my friend safari things had it, so send me a PM and we can arrange it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Man, fuuuuck the Terminus Cave.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Since people are posting teams I'm using:

Florges
Swirlix
Carbink
Spritzee
Sylveon
Xerneas

I can't tell if my lack of type coverage is due to the pokemon having shallow movepools or the lack of varied TMs I've found. It would be a problem If I hadn't been gaming exp gain as much as possible. All of them but Florges and Xerneas are from trades, Florges and Sylveon have a maxed Pokemon Amie rating and I'm using the lucky egg and exp share. Swirlix and Spritzee were actually my star party members for a surprisingly long time, but their not being evolved is really starting to catch up with them. My designated poke-pal has been AWOL all weekend...

Incidentally, has anyone been able to find a sachet (spritzee evolution item) anywhere in X? I've found 2 whipped dreams, 1 is given by an NPC and the other is on the goat farm, so it seems likely that Y will be able to get 2 sachets, anyway.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

In B/W there was a TM for Poison Jab, does anyone know if this is still the case in this game? If yes, anyone know where it can be obtained?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

BattleCake posted:

In B/W there was a TM for Poison Jab, does anyone know if this is still the case in this game? If yes, anyone know where it can be obtained?

Shalour City Pokemart.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Man, gently caress this Dowsing Machine. I can't figure it out what I'm doing with it for poo poo, despite the person who gave it to me apparently telling me directly.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dastardly posted:

Why don't you just use an everstone or whatever and breed the adamant scyther to have a 50% chance of getting adamant on the child?

Oh god, that's a thing, isn't it? I can't remember the time I actually did that. Well, that certainly saves me some time, thanks for reminding me it existed!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Evil Sagan posted:

Man, gently caress this Dowsing Machine. I can't figure it out what I'm doing with it for poo poo, despite the person who gave it to me apparently telling me directly.

they go blue when you're on the right trail, green when you're within one step, and red when they're over something (press A to pick up whatever it is)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Evil Sagan posted:

It's really non-intuitive, but it works great once you figure it out. Beams come out when you're pointing in the direction of an item. From far to close it's Blue>Green>Orange and crossed red when it's right in front of you. The direction the beams are pointing is meaningless and designed to through you off as far as I can tell, just pay attention to the color and the way your character is facing.

Agamembar
Jan 21, 2005

A USS Enterprise appears.
USS Enterprise uses 'Phaser Barrage'.
Its super effective.

Evil Sagan posted:

Took me a while to get the hang of it as I didn't pay attention to the explaination but I have found a ton of stuff, I sure you pretty much there anyway but when the lines go red and cross the item is in the square just in front of you be that rock or tree or just the ground. Hit A and you should pick what ever it is up.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Oh man, I am so glad I asked. I had developed an entirely different set of assumptions about how it works and ... y'know surprise... that wasn't panning out.

Many thanks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So can/should I investigate the other 3 Power facilities in the desert or should I just leave it after that first story one?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So can/should I investigate the other 3 Power facilities in the desert or should I just leave it after that first story one?

Let me know if you figure out how to get into those. I never did find a way.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nakar posted:

There's a spot with tons of Luvdiscs, which I believe carry Heart Scales. There's two Grass/Ghost pokemon with Frisk that can learn Thief. Solve for farming.

Ah, good to know.

By the way, the Ice/Rock fossil? It can learn Freeze Dry from the move learner. So now it can defend itself from water types. :black101:.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/14/some-pokemon-x-and-y-players-reporting-game-breaking-save-glitch/

Game breaking save glitch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Well where does the glitch happen? Like where should I avoid saving at?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Route 8 is a great place to rock smash stones for heart scales and even max ethers. It's also the route where you can find clauncher/skrelp and sometimes binacles.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well where does the glitch happen? Like where should I avoid saving at?

It looks to be in Lumoise City when you are outside according to people on forums. You know, the one place you probably will be spending most of your time in after the main game ends.

Worldwide release!!!!

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Dehry posted:

Worldwide release!!!!

:colbert:

Pokemon is just going back to its roots. It's only a matter of time until somebody figures out how to abuse this save corruption to get a Missingno and 256 master balls.

So anyone know how to get into Bill's secret garden?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jsor posted:

:colbert:

Pokemon is just going back to its roots. It's only a matter of time until somebody figures out how to abuse this save corruption to get a Missingno and 256 master balls.

So anyone know how to get into Bill's secret garden?

You get the key to it under the truck man, it's common knowledge.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Quick question on EVs from someone who is totally new to taking children's games seriously: if I understand correctly, EVs affect the rate at which stat increases occur when a Pokemon levels up, right? If I were to reset my EVs and train up new ones, would the changes be retroactive, or do all stat increases that occurred at previous levels remain as they are? I only ask because my Frog Ninja and my Angry Facepunching Chicken both have good natures, and I'd like to undo all the poo poo EVs they're picking up as they demolish the main game for me.

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry

motherbox posted:

Quick question on EVs from someone who is totally new to taking children's games seriously: if I understand correctly, EVs affect the rate at which stat increases occur when a Pokemon levels up, right? If I were to reset my EVs and train up new ones, would the changes be retroactive, or do all stat increases that occurred at previous levels remain as they are? I only ask because my Frog Ninja and my Angry Facepunching Chicken both have good natures, and I'd like to undo all the poo poo EVs they're picking up as they demolish the main game for me.

No it's not a rate of change, it's flat stats. You can use one of those EV-reset bags on your frog and chicken and then max train their stats with whatever you want. You can do this at any point in their development. Note that fighting pokemon will give EVs to the pokemon that killed them (but you won't know which EVs were raised), so if you want perfect EVs in 2 specific stats you need to reset your EVs then train those 2 stats via minigames without getting in any fights.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

EVs are just extra stats. Your stats always scale with levels, so they do too. If you reset at higher levels you will lose more but gain more when regaining them.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
A horde of Murkrow is absolutely hilarious. They just keep spamming haze and astonish on Zigzagoon :haw:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

kater posted:

EVs are just extra stats. Your stats always scale with levels, so they do too. If you reset at higher levels you will lose more but gain more when regaining them.
This precisely. If you max out EVs with Super Training at lv1 your pokemon's stats will not seem all that high, and it will appear that they're gaining more stats as they level up than they normally would, but that's just a function of the total stats essentially being reduced from their lv100 stats, which are what people refer to when they talk about stuff like IVs/EVs/BSTs.

As has been said many times, you can totally just redo your EVs on a max-level Pokemon and their stats will adjust accordingly. EVs can always be fixed.

Nalmontes
Apr 19, 2013

motherbox posted:

Not sure if this still applies in the new gen, but the way you undo EVs is by using certain berries. I can't remember which ones though.

For every 4 EVs you get one extra stat point.

E: There are reset bags now for resetting EV's. I wasn't aware of this.

Nalmontes fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 14, 2013

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013
Charmeleon in the Friend Safari.
gently caress. Yes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UndeadDragon
Jan 4, 2007

I used to be a pretty dragon.

That's hilarious.

I did this to my Wartortle probably 6 times before I realized that I had to hold it for him. :negative:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hey guys, there is an old guy on the street in North Boulevard who tells you how stylish you are and presumably what you need to do if you aren't stylish enough. The first time I talked to him I apparently already met all the requirements. :shobon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

There's got to be a better way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What role does Sylveon have? He seems like an assist, but it looks like his Sp. Attack base stat is pretty high.

• Locked thread